PES 2010 Full game Q&A

russellclow

Conference
23 September 2004
Hi All,

Well I've been lucky enough to get my hands on the 360 review code of PES 2010, and will also have the PS3 code sometime next week.

I'm sure a lot of you are like I was, eager to know exactly what to expect from the full game - especially after the rather disappointing demo.

The code is pretty much exactly the same as the full game (although can't seem to edit players/teams in this version - the option is greyed out). However, the rest is all there.

Im sure a lot of you are eager to see if certain things have been changed, added, etc. So with that in mind, I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have here.

Just post away and I'll let u know what I can.

NOTE: If Evo-Web are under any sort of NDA from Konami (I'm not under any NDA personally, but I know some sites are) then please feel free to close the thread - people can PM me if they want answers - otherwise, post away! :)

Hi RC,

are there more animations for goalkeepers than what's on offer with the demo?

is the silly foul animation still there when you tackle a player from behind and he falls backwards?

cheers

Dan

Hi All,

Well I've been lucky enough to get my hands on the 360 review code of PES 2010, and will also have the PS3 code sometime next week.

I'm sure a lot of you are like I was, eager to know exactly what to expect from the full game - especially after the rather disappointing demo.

The code is pretty much exactly the same as the full game (although can't seem to edit players/teams in this version - the option is greyed out). However, the rest is all there.

Im sure a lot of you are eager to see if certain things have been changed, added, etc. So with that in mind, I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have here.

Just post away and I'll let u know what I can.

NOTE: If Evo-Web are under any sort of NDA from Konami (I'm not under any NDA personally, but I know some sites are) then please feel free to close the thread - people can PM me if they want answers - otherwise, post away! :)

Key question: Can we play friends in offline cup mode?
For an explanation see: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52807

Last edited:
In relation to league tournaments and UEFA Champions League are the tables listed in the appropriate format. ie. GP W D L F A PTS ?

I know konami for some reason list the Points first and do not show games played. Has this been finally resolved?

are there more animations for goalkeepers than what's on offer with the demo?

I can't say I've noticed anymore, but the keepers are a lot better (less fumbles).

is the silly foul animation still there when you tackle a player from behind and he falls backwards?

I've not seen it in the full version no - but doesn't mean it's not there :)

Can we play friends in offline cup mode?

No you still can't play as the CPU teams in a cup.

In relation to league tournaments and UEFA Champions League are the tables listed in the appropriate format. ie. GP W D L F A PTS ?

Leagues display correctly in UEFA Tables, not on league tables. Playing a league (e.g. Premiership) includes Champions League and Europa also.

That 360 version has the Portuguese narration from Pedro Sousa and João Pinto?

Not sure

Does the game feel great and smooth flowing in terms of gameplay?

Do you really get that good old satisfying feeling not only when scoring goals, but simply playing it?

Is there one dominate team that seems like they can beat every other team?

Is the shooting diffrent from demo (eg curl or more dip)?

sebass said ball physics have changed since demo

Any more team lisences?

do players feel less mechanical than pes2009 and the pes2010 demo?

I personally think it's better yes - they seem more fluid.

Does the game feel great and smooth flowing in terms of gameplay?

Yes the game is very smooth - so much better than the demo. It's quicker, and a lot more responsive. In some ways it probably would of been better if Konami hadn't bothered with the demo, as it's just nothing in comparison to the full game.

Do you really get that good old satisfying feeling not only when scoring goals, but simply playing it?

Definitely. Because the game is so responsive, and players move intuitively, you get a real sense of satisfaction when you pull of a great move, or float the ball across the pitch.

It seems the L1 (LB) and triangle (Y) button also is a lot more effective - allowing you to pick out a player easier (although you have to judge the power correctly/use the right player to find them... e.g. if you try and do a long through pass with a defender, it's very unlikely to go straight to the players feet, or be weighted correctly).

Last edited:
Will we be able to edit the crowds flags and banners? (I know you said you could not go into edit mode, but have you heard anything?)

Which stadiums are in the game? New ones? Have they screwed up by taking any stadiums away that were in pes 2009? (hope not)

Last edited:
Is there one dominate team that seems like they can beat every other team?

Real Madrid are very good... but none of them seem unbeatable. Each team seem to have strong and weak points. I think most people will be playing as Real though.

Is the shooting diffrent from demo (eg curl or more dip)?

Not overly from what I can tell. The ball doesn't seem to "bullet" away quite as quickly as it did.

sebass said ball physics have changed since demo

Yeah that is noticeable. The ball reacts differently to the demo. As mentioned in a previous post, the full game is NOTHING like the demo - I wouldn't take any notice of the demo, as it's just not the same game.

Any more team lisences?

Premiership teams still aren't licensed, other than Liverpool and Man Utd. All other leagues seem to be licensed from what I can see. The leagues include FA Cup (Called English Cup), Champs and Europa League, and of course the main league (premiership/english league, Spanish league, etc)

@ RC, Thanks mate

just a few more questions

How are freekicks? Have you scored many?

Not sure if you are allowed to say this but which do you like more, PES or FIFA?

How is AI of your own team an others especially lower teams like do Bolton play like Bolton?

thanks again

Transfers up to date?

Yes transfers are up to date.

How are freekicks? Have you scored many?

Freekicks are tricky - I've only scored one so far with Ronaldo - who seems to take them a lot like real life smashing it with a bit of dip.

Not sure if you are allowed to say this but which do you like more, PES or FIFA?

PES by far. I've always been open minded, but PES just blows FIFA away this year. It really is brilliant.

How is AI of your own team an others especially lower teams like do Bolton play like Bolton?

Yeh the lower teams do seem to play like their real life counterparts. There's a noticeable difference when you play a lower team compared to a higher team in terms of AI movement and skill.

Individual players seem to play better depending on their arrows also. E.G. A player like Rooney on a red arrow will see him charging all over the pitch, closing down tackles in midfield, sprinting around and finding space (just like he is in real life when he's "in the mood") - whereas when he's on a grey arrow, he seems to be quieter, doesn't move around as much and doesn't close down players as quickly.

Will we be able to edit the crowds flags and banners? (I know you said you could not go into edit mode, but have you heard anything?)

Can't access any edit sections on the version I have, might be my 360 though rather than the code, will check when I have the Ps3 version...

Which stadiums are in the game? New ones? Have they screwed up by taking any stadiums away that were in pes 2009? (hope not)

Konami Stadium
Anfied
Old Trafford
Wembley Stadium
Santiago Bernabeu
Estadio Do Dragao
Estadio Jose Alvalade
Estadio Da Luz
Amsterdam Arena
El Monumental
Saitama Stadium 2002
Stade De France
Stade Louis II
Estadio Amazonas
Bristol Mary Stadium
Estadio De Palenque
Mohamed Lewis Stadium
Ville Marie Stadium
Giuseppe Meazza
San Siro
Stadio Olimpico

Transfers aren't up to date, the review code videos show Sneijder still at Madrid for e.g.

Konami are doing a day one update for transfers.

Hey Russellclow, I was lucky enough to be sat two seats aways from Russell Crowe at Ricky Hattons win over Kostya Tszyu. But I tell you now, sitting here reading your comments has put an even bigger smile on face :DD

You will maybe labelled a fake by some on here as your comments are all very positive, but dont let that bother you. ;)

I'm very happy to read the shooting is lighter. The physics were too heavy and linear for my liking for the most part. I accepted it, but not been totally satisfied.

if you try and do a long through pass with a defender, it's very unlikely to go straight to the players feet, or be weighted correctly

I just mentioned this in my last post in the other thread, it's like this in the demo, and I love it.

Individual players seem to play better depending on their arrows also. E.G. A player like Rooney on a red arrow will see him charging all over the pitch, closing down tackles in midfield, sprinting around and finding space (just like he is in real life when he's "in the mood") - whereas when he's on a grey arrow, he seems to be quieter, doesn't move around as much and doesn't close down players as quickly.

Thats nice to hear they havent removed the importance of that feature. I seriously miss the arrows on the demo's. Glad to hear they have made the difference more noticable. It begs the question though, what does the 'Form' number attribute in the stats now add to this equation ?

Just one more question from me if you would be so kind. I think it's a non-starter but I'll ask anyway.

In the WE/PES 2010 demo, the manual pass option on the Xbox 360 is very hard to direct and seems to be four-way at most when trying to be consistent. On the PS3 pad I found it alot more free and I was able to pull manual passes off with the right stick in the direction I wanted.

I'm not sure if it's a pad thing rather than a platform thing, but how do you find the manual passing on the full code on the 360 bud ? Is it the same as the demo ?

Or do I just suck like a 2-bit whore on the Xbox 360 pad ? :OOOH:

Last edited:
1. Are crowd sound effects better??

2. Are the nets better than the demo?

3.has the auto tackle/clearance been eradicated??

4. are refs a bit more tolerant?

5.are the graphics exactly the same as the demo or more polished??

Thanks

If you had your hands on the review code you'd know that the transfers aren't up to date, and you just said they are. You'd also know that there are tons of videos of the review code out there and they don't show any major differences from the demo like you're claiming. Even Seabass admitted that the final game is only slightly different than the actual demo.

You're obviously exaggerating and trying to make it sound better than it is.

Last edited:
If you had your hands on the review code you'd know that the transfers aren't up to date, and you just said they are. You'd also know that there are tons of videos of the review code out there and they don't show any major differences from the demo like you're claiming. Even Seabass admitted that the final game is only slightly different than the actual demo.

You're obviously exaggerating and trying to make it sound better than it is.

Just watch the final code videos and the game looks and feels day night difference.in final code it looks much more fluid and free flowing.apart from the running animation everything is so much better in the final code.just go to WENB and you will see that

Just watch the final code videos and the game looks and feels day night difference.in final code it looks much more fluid and free flowing.apart from the running animation everything is so much better in the final code.just go to WENB and you will see that

I did. It's not like I'm watching a different game, it's the same game, and not "nothing like the demo". It may be a little more smoother here and there, but not that big of a difference.

So Brooklyn are you trying to say that this whole Q&A thing was a scam? That he didnt know jack shit about it?

Well anyways, Will you be able to do Transfers during the National Leagues? Would be could if you could boost your team with a few good players for the CL in the coming season. Instead of playing 5 seasons with the same players....

Back
Top Bottom