PES 2013 MLO Thread

A lot of people will be hammering FIFA online now. I've stopped playing MLO for a few days. Sick of coming up against super teams and I preferred playing against friends or offline. Will be cool once this patch comes out so a few friends can play at once!

Hope the new patch does fix this, cause this game for me is the ultimate pes, id be happy with this one for quite a few years if konami get pes 2014 wrong, btw do u have an xbox or ps3?

My £18mil team (with some defaults) just got paired with a £204mil super team... Very similar indeed.

I was leading 2:1 until he equalised in the 85th minute ;_;

What a silly game.

What a silly game.

2-0 up and the game "loses connection to server" right after the second goes in. No win, cheats gets away with it, all my players lose 1 contract, all players gain fatigue. I don't even know why I continue to bother with this shit, It's broken out the box.

My £18mil team (with some defaults) just got paired with a £204mil super team... Very similar indeed.

I was leading 2:1 until he equalised in the 85th minute ;_;

What a silly game.

I came up against a '1000' rated team other night, rang alarms bells as thats the maximum you can get.

In fairness he hammered me in terms of play without resorting to cheap tactics. Only thing is, I fluked my way to equalise late on through a soft penalty, but then seconds later I got a 'Match abandonded because connection significantly worsened'. Had forgotten the joys of lag cheats in PC gaming.

Similarly equalised late on against C.Ron, Messi, Eto'o and co., was absolutely over the moon yet conceded almost straight from kick-off. For some reason the defence freezes when play is restarted from the centre.

The one game irked me the most was when I came up against a 70mil team when I was right at the start - At this point I had only bought a new keeper, centre back, defensive mid and striker. The other guy had speed merchants everywhere and brick shithouses at the back, very difficult to break down.

I knew it would be bad when a through ball from kick off cut straight through the middle of my defenders and Balotelli scored. Another through ball allowed Balotelli to score his second, I pulled one back before he then got his hatrick.

The second half didn't get much better and Balotelli ended up with 5 goals from 5 shots on goal (Full time 6:3 to him). My keeper literally could not touch any Balotelli shot, which was a bit disheartening as every PES previously has always given the player with the weaker team a chance to get a result if he plays well. With this though, a good striker will score against a shitty keeper no matter what - If it's on target, it's in, you can't defend it. I did well to stick 3 past the guy and the stats at the end were pretty much even, but this guy hammered me score-wise as he had a player worth more than my entire team...

I've been a bit of a knobhead getting into MLO quite late but having your "skill rating" determined by 5 matches against super teams seems ridiculous. How do you determine who is the best at letting Ronaldo waltz through your defence? I don't thing it'll have the longevity of 2011's MLO for me, there are people that have amassed more money in a couple of weeks on 2013 than I did in 9 months on 2011 and I don't get any joy from crushing people just starting out with Messi/Ronaldo.

Matchmaking needs fixing, the cheats need to have their teams reset and player values need to be tweaked so as not to completely ruin the chances of players that don't play 24/7 from release.

edit: The sad thing is that through balls aren't really cheating. It's been the triangle button for years, you can't blame people when it works so well. I think player switching is partly to blame asI am yet to figure it out. I'd prefer it to be like on 2011, in this mode if I leave it on manual then I have to press L1 every time, yet on semi-assisted it randomly selects one of my defenders when I'm not suspecting it, causing them to leave the striker unmarked.

Last edited:
Mercifully short MLO campaign this year for me. Sure, there have always been the 'win-at-all-cost' kiddies with their superteams on day one, but the gameplay is more monotonous this year - it's all assisted through balls.

This is an exploit IMO. Even with good tactics and marking, the defense is always caught off-guard and/or frozen when the opposing CB whacks a laser-guided through-ball from inside his own box. Totally stupid. The same goal over-and-over. Yawn.

I'll stick to friendlies this year.

I've asked it in the pes discussion but I thought it was worth asking here to.
How do I reset my master league online team and also reset W/D/L records, i have done horribly with something like W7/D5/L30.. Yes 30, this is mainly because the opposition team was far superior and night had no chance in about 90 percent of the games but I think I have got better at the game now and wish to start from scratch.

All I can see is MY TEAM-RESET TEAM. But will this reset my stats?

edit: The sad thing is that through balls aren't really cheating. It's been the triangle button for years, you can't blame people when it works so well. I think player switching is partly to blame asI am yet to figure it out. I'd prefer it to be like on 2011, in this mode if I leave it on manual then I have to press L1 every time, yet on semi-assisted it randomly selects one of my defenders when I'm not suspecting it, causing them to leave the striker unmarked.

The effectiveness of through balls massively reduces once you get better defenders in. I'm more concerned about long-range shots the preditable balls over the top now. Building a team from the back is a much safer strategy then in other MLOs.

I don't even know how superstar teams are assembled so quick. I've already played a fair amount but am still nowhere near that threshold. There should be a wage cap, no-one needs both Ronaldo AND Messi.

There's someone in my rival rankings thingy with 60 points after just over a day.

I need to lose my job or something.

Really gotten into this last few days, all my doubts regarding balance have drifted away. Bit surprised about the lack of buzz around it given the mega thread we had for PES 11! Jimmy? Rob?? :II

My squad is absolutely majestic at the moment, got money in the back but I'm hesitant to release some of my lower rated guys as they've been stellar. Burak especially who i've had from the start, is as good a poacher as you could ever want. Bags goals for fun. :SMUG:

Most profile player is Ilicic. 6ft 3 slavic shithouse who just bosses the midfield all day long. Strong, skillful, eye for a pass, and has the Long Ranger card 'n all.

r86usz.jpg

I want to get back into the mode but every time I try the server ruins it.

PES 2011 was easily the best attempt at this mode IMO.

-_-

Wait a minute......
Is that...
Is that....
Badgerman?! O_O

HELLO.

I played the demo of 2012 and didn't bother with it. 2011 was pretty good and I played the MLO for ages but I thought they had lost their way.

2013 is much better, it's still got a lot of PESisms but when it clicks it's rather good.

Really gotten into this last few days, all my doubts regarding balance have drifted away. Bit surprised about the lack of buzz around it given the mega thread we had for PES 11! Jimmy? Rob?? :II

r86usz.jpg

I haven't played MLO since PES 11 Dan, I found the whole passing assistance bullshit spoiled it for me. Which is a shame, as I don't remember ever loving a game mode as much as 11's MLO, and that includes offline ML.

The day Konami introduce a Zero Assisted MLO, or something close, is the day I'll return.

I will be starting an offline ML shortly though, so we can compare and discuss potential signings then.

Oh those days of Arevalo........ :)

Does anybody know if contribution effects anything other than cost:

Increased contribution = more expensive contracts + higher resale price

Does it have any bearing on the way they play, is this the equivalent of Fifa's chemistry?

I haven't played MLO since PES 11 Dan, I found the whole passing assistance bullshit spoiled it for me. Which is a shame, as I don't remember ever loving a game mode as much as 11's MLO, and that includes offline ML.

The day Konami introduce a Zero Assisted MLO, or something close, is the day I'll return.

I will be starting an offline ML shortly though, so we can compare and discuss potential signings then.

Honestly mate, the pass completion rate of the guys I come up against are less then what you'd find in PES 2011. I don't contest that it'd be different from fully manual, but it's not the lazer guided 60 yard trajectories you'd expect from what people on here say. I'm enjoying it more then PES 11 right now. All it's positives with none of the negatives.

Worthwhile giving a go if you ever tire of offline I reckon.

Great shout on Ilicic Dan. He's the strong, long ranger that I needed as an AMF.

I've had one of my quick matches come up with a golden "Special Match" beforehand with £1.9 mil apparently on offer. I'm not sure if that's on top of what you would have won but I came away with about £3.2mil from that one game which was rather nice.

I ended up selling my keeper which gave my £9mil so I went and bought Shay Given. My defence is still a bit of a shambles however. I've got that Gaetabescu, Caldamoz, Higgingbottom, Mulders (sp?) and I had Hubschman until I got rid of him for some Asian guy I've yet to try out. Moises is a solid, cheap DMF.

I used to have Liedsen and Jo upfront but I've got rid of Jo and I've now got Suarez and Gignac.

I should just take a picture of my telly than list everyone but oh well.

Khlosnieri is still amazing for his price. Him and Buonanotte on the wings are still a decent combination even as I come up against the superteams.

Speaking of which I am struggling no end against the superteams. The matchmaking function seems to always pair you with them if you have been searching for a while (Today it put my £35mil team against a £400mil team I think) Sometimes I can scrape a draw but when my players are shagged and I have no usable subs then a simple throughball is enough for them to hold off even the brickiest of brick-shithouses. Similarly they can just walk through your players at will, you can't even charge into them and make them lose the ball...

Finally, I've had a few dodgy ref decisions today. Gignac, who was on a yellow, was running with the ball, a defender was challenging him so I decided to pass, Gignac slid across the floor to make the pass and in doing so caught the defender. Foul. Second yellow. Red.

wat

But overall it is fun. I've scored some decent goals that I have never seen in PES before and it's quite entertaining for the time being. I like scoring the finesse shots from distance but they only seem possible vs shit keepers on poor form.

Yeah I've got my eye on Gignac, players with decent response and teamwork stats make for sublime poachers. That said, quite content with my guys up top at the minute. Wouldn't mind another targetman though, I love bullying teams the ol' fashioned British way. :SMUG: Illicic is an absolute brute in that respect, just wades through the midfield.

Only had the one sending off that so far that made me punch the wall, was convinced the guy used that dive function, that one that NOBODY ever uses. Was from just the most innocuous of trips, a standing tackle far away from danger, nowhere near being the last man. Eto'o just frog sprawled in the air and the ref pulled out a red. Set up a prideful backs against the wall performance that I matched to grind a 0-0 out of.

Does anybody know if contribution effects anything other than cost:

Increased contribution = more expensive contracts + higher resale price

Does it have any bearing on the way they play, is this the equivalent of Fifa's chemistry?

Where abouts is this? Never caught my eye before, wouldn't mind a look. Might up the teamwork stats a bit possibly? I have noticed actually I'm connecting a lot more of my passes side, although I simply put that down to me just settling into my PES masterclass standard of play.

Also, Jimmy, check out Taraabt in your ML if you already haven't. Absolutely majestic on the ball, and reasonably cheap. Another flawed genius.

I've noticed a few fouls off the ball which seem to occur a long time after the fact. Sometimes they are for the most slightest of infringements. I've seen it a few times where someone does a simple pass, stood up, absolutely nothing wrong, yet play gets hauled back because he tapped someone with his follow-through.

I've been quite lucky with some of my purchases but I'm a long way from getting the ideal players. In 2011 I had N'Koulou from the start all the way through but there aren't many like that this time around.

Honestly mate, the pass completion rate of the guys I come up against are less then what you'd find in PES 2011. I don't contest that it'd be different from fully manual, but it's not the lazer guided 60 yard trajectories you'd expect from what people on here say. I'm enjoying it more then PES 11 right now. All it's positives with none of the negatives.

Worthwhile giving a go if you ever tire of offline I reckon.

Funnily enough I really started to consider giving this a bash last night, mainly after I started using the R2 and X pass in close quarters. It almost makes it Assisted when using this, and it would certainly massively lessen the advantage of the Assisted players. Using R2 and X gives me the same options, albeit slightly lesser pace on the pass, than what 1-Bar offers.

I have it 1 bar, and from what I can tell most of my opponents are on 2 bars. Vast majority of my matches end with pass completion rates of 68&-73%, which is a millions miles away from FIFA's 90%+ ones. Only came up against the one manual player, who completely dominated me, so it's not suicide to venture online with those seettings. Definitely worth a go anyway, only thing I'd say is the learning curve is very steep intially. It's really crucial to get in a couple of quick, responsive CBs, then at least two technically gifted players up top. If you get through the introductory humblings (I went about 10 games without a win for a while, with a fair few 5-0s/6-1s in there), it'll start to level out and resemble football more. Most of my games now are 1-0 or 2-1 affairs, it's very reminiscent of PES 11's balance, but with the added flair of pace and dribbling. Plus, this year we have all the Copa Libertadores players to shift through for longevity :D

Badge, I've noticed the opposite, in that blatant fouls are ignored if advantage is played. Can't remember any incidents of the ref. coming back and booking someone in retrospect.

I have it 1 bar, and from what I can tell most of my opponents are on 2 bars. Vast majority of my matches end with pass completion rates of 68&-73%, which is a millions miles away from FIFA's 90%+ ones. Only came up against the one manual player, who completely dominated me, so it's not suicide to venture online with those seettings. Definitely worth a go anyway, only thing I'd say is the learning curve is very steep intially. It's really crucial to get in a couple of quick, responsive CBs, then at least two technically gifted players up top. If you get through the introductory humblings (I went about 10 games without a win for a while, with a fair few 5-0s/6-1s in there), it'll start to level out and resemble football more. Most of my games now are 1-0 or 2-1 affairs, it's very reminiscent of PES 11's balance, but with the added flair of pace and dribbling. Plus, this year we have all the Copa Libertadores players to shift through for longevity :D

Badge, I've noticed the opposite, in that blatant fouls are ignored if advantage is played. Can't remember any incidents of the ref. coming back and booking someone in retrospect.

That sounds good Dan, I will get the show on the road tonight then. :TU:

I currently average about 82% Pass Completion with mid-level teams on Zero Assistance, so it sounds like it won't be a problem at all. Which is nice. :)

My online profile says that my number of disconnections is moderately high, does anyone know how I can solve this? I'm getting a ridiculous number of "lost connection to the server" and "an unexpected PES 2013 error" excuses.

I'm offended by this because I don't cheat and I know that there is nothing wrong with my internet (I play other online games with no issues on my end).

In game, my port settings is on auto but I'm yet to complete three games in a row.

Where abouts is this? Never caught my eye before, wouldn't mind a look. Might up the teamwork stats a bit possibly? I have noticed actually I'm connecting a lot more of my passes side, although I simply put that down to me just settling into my PES masterclass standard of play.

There are two meters: Popularity and contribution. I can't find any explanation for either but popularity speaks for itself - the more people who buy the play, the more expensive him and his upkeep (contract) costs.

However, contribution seems to rise as the player plays more, but as his contribution increases so does the cost of his contract. At the same time his resale price increases though. So if there is no "on the field" benefit of contribution then it makes no sense keeping 5* contribution players as you are just paying a higher rate for the contract. It is a good way to improve your team though as you can buy a player and stack contracts on him, play him until he has high contribution and then sell him for more than his market value.

My online profile says that my number of disconnections is moderately high, does anyone know how I can solve this? I'm getting a ridiculous number of "lost connection to the server" and "an unexpected PES 2013 error" excuses.

I'm offended by this because I don't cheat and I know that there is nothing wrong with my internet (I play other online games with no issues on my end).

In game, my port settings is on auto but I'm yet to complete three games in a row.

Are you using any patch as in PESEDIT or others of the sort? I detached the exe from kitserver and had no more problems

Big props to Dan for all the great suggestions. Here is my team with some players bought after your recommendations.

20121017205441.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Sorry about the pic, don't know why it posted it that way.

Anyways, after I took that pic I bought Marquinho from Roma. Great player and rather cheap. He's 76 at LB but an 80 at LMF. Played someone who had Khelifa up front and got destroyed by him so decided to try him out and he has been fantastic so far.

Also bought Toraman as a CB an has been good so far, only had him for 2 matches so far.

The GK Docnoboz is actually Dominguez from Ecuador NT.

Absolutely addicted to this years' MLO.

Sounds good man, nice to know I'm not the only one :D How you finding Taraabt? I'm finding he'll go missing for 80 minutes, then jink past a couple of players and thread through a beautiful pass.

I brought in Suarez for Toivonen last night but I'm slightly regretting it. He's a much better player but i have a hard time getting on with players i'm not a fan of in real life. Might swap him for Hoarou.

Back
Top Bottom