PES 2014 Bugs and Issues thread (PC, X360, PS3)

since the game went out i had only one or two free kicks.

this game has no fouls at all, it's frustrating.

and also it is frustrating that playing against CPU at top player is so easy.

i know i wrote this up earlier, but i just cannot get over it. and when i saw what adam wrote about upcoming november patch, made me angry.

not the mention that game should have looked like with sweetfx right out of box!

Last edited:

i know i wrote this up earlier, but i just cannot get over it. and when i saw what adam wrote about upcoming november patch, made me angry.

not the mention that game should have looked like with sweetfx right out of box!

use right stick, i get plenty of fouls

i play on keyboard.

CPU doesn't make fouls at all.

then you turn on pes 5, 6 or even pes 2013 and see normal amount of fouls.

holy.. :APPLAUD:
konami should pay us for beta testing

:D well, basically they did :D
PESFAN.COM said:
PES 2014 11 VS 11 BETA
Bag yourself 10,000 MLO Points!

If you haven't seen the news — not only are you lucky enough to be given privileged access to the PES 2014 11vs11 Beta, but you also have the chance to grab a whopping 10,000 MLO points!

All you have to do is play 5 or more 20-man matches before the Beta closes on the 28th of October. That's it!

As you're in a restricted Beta, it might take a little patience as you'll need to give your match room time to fill up with other players.

5 steps to 10k
Fire up the Beta (between 6pm-9pm is best)
Create (or join) a match room called "10k MLO"
Allow time for 20 people to join one match room (invite your friends!)
Play — then repeat 4 times.
Start thinking about how you're going to spend your MLO Points.
Thanks for signing up and good luck!
This is sad... nobody want to play even FREE PES.

This is pathetic that PES once a football game of stature higher than FIFA, when it came to gameplay and fun, now has to resolve to such "cheap" tactics to get people attention. :(

and yeah, it doesn't have much of response, that whole MLO beta thing...

Even FIFA Online had more people playing it :LOL:.

I agree, lack of fouls is an issue. Not getting free kick opportunities means a huge part of the game is missing. If they added an option for 'ref strictness' then that would please many.

The biggest bug/issue I have with this game is the vertical cameras, which are my preferred choice to play with. Maybe it's just me, but they are so choppy that it's unplayable. You cannot choose the tailing camera in pes 2014 which usually was ball or player. Its fixed on the ball, which I believe causes that choppiness. If I am the only one with these choppiness issues please tell me so I can try some things to try and fix it.

Yes it does, what is the right stick on keyboard?!?

I agree with MadBaLL though. I use Left+Right stick combination a lot and AI still doesn't commit fouls.

Nor there are enough yellow/red cards given (I will be serious here and say I HAVE yet to see CPU given yellow/red card!).

Plus they hardly slide tackle. They only slide tackle at last moment, after shooting, where you get most freekick opportunities.

Sorry, but I can have up to 10 freekicks given on FIFA with games finishing with 9 men if CPU goes mental (just like on PES, learn to use Left Trigger on it to shield ball).

On PES almost every game finishes with 11 vs 11 and no cards given.

yair might try and fix it, but he needs 1.02 patch from KONAMI to see what changes KONAMI makes themselves...

And if game supports keyboard as official controller it means that game should be fully playable on it, but not offer greatest control at the same time (as you read in instruction they recommend dual-analogue gamepad to play the game :)))).

There are so many bugs when playing MLO on PC.

The latest one that's ruining the game for me is when selecting players from corners, goalkicks and throwins. When I attempt to select the player I want to receive the ball,the cursor skips around from player to player (never the one I want) allowing opposition players to ready themselves. To me this is SUCH a simple thing to implement I cant believe they didn't spot it. And don't get me started on the stuck power bar problem - infuriating!

Oh, and does anyone know how to bring your keeper out (triangle)without him trying to play a throughball!

I'm assuming you all have the same problems (on pc)otherwise I have a messed up controller! Reassure me, please.

Last edited:
By using Catalyst Control Center for my Radeon GPU and setting pes2014.exe to NOT use triple buffering or vsync, and using the "RadeonPro" app to set Flip Queue Size to 0 (install app, open, select the "global" switch top right-ish, then "advanced tab"), and playing on Medium detail level in the settings.exe

I now have very little input lag. What very little is left (compared to the xbox 360 demo) I would be willing to chalk up to consoles simply being absolutely optimized in every respect for low latency input.

The nVidia equivalent to the "Flip Queue Size" settings is reported to be "Maximum pre-rendered frames". Reducing that should hopefully give a shorter delay from controller input to response from the game.

Thanks for this! I just downloaded the PC demo and suffered terrible input lag. The best settings I found on RadeonPro for me were Vsync on, triple buffering off, and flip queue size 1. The input lag decreased to about half of what it was before. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still on the order of 100-200 ms though.

Thanks for this! I just downloaded the PC demo and suffered terrible input lag. The best settings I found on RadeonPro for me were Vsync on, triple buffering off, and flip queue size 1. The input lag decreased to about half of what it was before. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still on the order of 100-200 ms though.

My remaining lag was also on that order, roughly. Around a 50% improvement for me from before.

bug2.jpg

bug1.jpg

I need help

I'm playing 1024x768, I have black colored bands, horizontal and vertical screen and I have no idea how to remove, I tried everything, other drivers.
1280x1024 is the solution, but game becomes slow and lag.

previously played smoothly fullscreen 1024x768

amd drivers, and RADEON 6450

Sorry, but he is right. Your patch is in the wrong here, as there are no such problems in game or demo.

NONE. Played over 70 games and haven't seen shit you post in my game ;).

these kinds of bugs isn't seen in game everyday...its random....there are many bugs which people talking about, i haven't seen them in my game...and it not related with any patch...there are lots of examples of physical bugs in this game.

What the hell, it's a collision glitch people, and I did see it a few times on the demo (barely played the full game).

I wonder if Konami enjoy seeing people exchange insults over them.

Sorry to be jumping in here, but I just upgraded to a stronger PC for gaming purposes. Return to PES since PES6 was one of my motivations. I really liked the trailers upto the release and I was really reminiscent of modding the game, etc.

I thought the graphics looked really good for the console videos, and I was thinking that it would be much better looking on the PC with everything maxed out. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but from afar my game looks like FIFA07. There is no Anti-Aliasing, nothing. The models look like poor quality, everything looks bad. But in the replays and close-ups, the graphics look decent.

I looked around a little and I have heard of SweetFX, but it doesn't seem to be a direct solution for this. I can't believe the game doesn't have options to crank up/down AA filters, model/texture quality, etc. Is there any solutions for this? Am I doing something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom