PES 2020 Rumours Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised though if PES 2020 had a new engine. Afterall, the new Call of Duty this year is running on a new engine. Would've thought they'd save it for next year, but I suppose it helps them ease into next-gen with it in a much better understanding. They were working on it for the past few years.

Though at this very time, I'd say Fox Engine again.
Yeah, but it's notable they made the switch last time for 2014, didn't they? So it wouldn't be a new strategy if they did do it this way.

The other thing I suppose is that we don't have a solid PS5 release date, so there's a chance the 2021 edition is the first proper new-gen game.

adam bhatti said similar statement every year
so I guess its a bad signal
I thought they learnt the lesson, they better shut up and don't make such bold statement
look like the hype is still coming like usual and it will eventually collapse as usual
Furthermore to my previous post, it has no point to take so serious these PR guys, when they are on duty and to take personal everything they say. It is a just a job , like politics, all these “we are here for the fans and only them” , of course they are lies, but that’s the job. If the supervisor command them to tell us that the sun rises from west, they will tell us so.
If you want to listen their honest thoughts, you must wait them to move away from KONAMI . Until then they will just say what is more catchy to get the job done.

Last edited:
I really avoid to criticize these PR people, as marketing tactics piss me always off.
But for me and much more here possibly, the truth lies in the other guys Twitter post, the one who left from KONAMI.
In a comment someone asked him if it is possible the PES to transform into a MyClub only game, he responded that if the financial revenue of MC keeps high and the PES revenue decrease more in comparison, he believe it is possible.
It is from a twit @Chris Davies quoted me in 19 thread, I’ll post it here in a while, cause I am from phone and I am not quite familiar with Twitter.
Note: IT IS NOT THE PERSON I WANT TO FOCUS, it is the assumption from sim who was inside and now is “free” to express his thoughts.
Yup, I also replied to that thread after Chris shared it, and Asim "liked" a couple of things. Specifically both my tweet and the reply:

Of course, a like is not explicitly an endorsement, but if he does indeed agree with the sentiments expressed here, I think that's pretty telling.

adam bhatti said similar statement every year
so I guess its a bad signal
I thought they learnt the lesson, they better shut up and don't make such bold statement
look like the hype is still coming like usual and it will eventually collapse as usual

Yeah, and when he says that they have delivered on what the fans want. That can mean anything. Some fans might want more boots and faces, more skill moves etc, etc.

I really avoid to criticize these PR people, as marketing tactics piss me always off.
But for me and much more here possibly, the truth lies in the other guys Twitter post, the one who left from KONAMI.
In a comment someone asked him if it is possible the PES to transform into a MyClub only game, he responded that if the financial revenue of MC keeps high and the PES revenue decrease more in comparison, he believe it is possible.
It is from a twit @Chris Davies quoted me in 19 thread, I’ll post it here in a while, cause I am from phone and I am not quite familiar with Twitter.
Note: IT IS NOT THE PERSON I WANT TO FOCUS, it is the assumption from sim who was inside and now is “free” to express his thoughts.
This PES series has long been dead. But we do not want to believe. The online policies and dictatorship of this Konami company resulted. The pes series will fall. The king has fallen. We must accept .Winter is Coming ................ :CRY:

Bhatti saying they are delivering what the fans want is not good news, most PES fans play My club with all assists at the maximum. Many comments under the tweet ask for it to be more responsive, basically f**k football, just give me something I can buy stars for and beat other players online. I see maximum ping-pongy and ridiculously fast gameplay in our future.

It's really not an "exploitative practice"

Respectfully disagree. It's exploitive because they are essentially giving early access to those that pay. They don't offer the same to all at the same time, paid or not.

I also asked them numerous times if they've ever pocketed any of the money and they refused to answer. They're in it for the money and that's absolutely fine if they tell people that rather than feigning a sense of community spirit.

But worse than this, last year we had (and I can see we're already beginning to have) this poisoning-the-well crap: because they charge for something (and hence are terrible awful demons), any relationship they have with Konami (/Adam/Asim...) must itself be corrupt.

This. Is. Utter. Tosh.

I've said this previously too, although in less hysterical terms. I'm intrigued by the link and the quick rise to (relative) fame that PES Universe had, given that there were plenty of other sites with longer tenures in PES editing that didn't get half the fanfare from Konami that PES Universe did.

No 'corruption' as such but I wouldn't rule out an unofficial interest being there.

I don't know why they get panned for all that here. It seems to me like misplaced resentment. Sure, the resentment is well grounded: the game's standards have slipped or stagnated over the years, and the MTX model is distasteful to say the least. Though well grounded, that anger is fired off-target when it's aimed at people like the PU guys.

I couldn't comment on the criticisms they have made of Konami or whatnot as I've seen very little of their stuff. I can also separate my criticism of their methods and Konami's methods. I have different issues with each and they don't interact. I know what is Konami's fault and I know what is PES Universe's.

Until they change their incentivised membership model, I'm always going to have a problem with them.

Bhatti saying they are delivering what the fans want is not good news, most PES fans play My club with all assists at the maximum. Many comments under the tweet ask for it to be more responsive, basically f**k football, just give me something I can buy stars for and beat other players online. I see maximum ping-pongy and ridiculously fast gameplay in our future.
I think this has been the biggest issue in recent years. They talk a lot about pleasing the fans, as though fans are just one homogeneous lump. And in the past we've heard about how they collate questionnaire results and choose the most popular things to change. The only justification for this is profit: more people pleased = more sales. It just shows that the series has been crying out for a solid vision and philosophy which is independent of what fans in particular or as an aggregate want. Konami need to say: this is our vision of football; this is how we think this game should be played. More than anything, that's what people remember the old PES editions had. Character, boldness, and vision.

I saw a rant on reddit weeks ago there are many this time of year, which ask fixes for 20. The most are MC oriented.
One guy was asking more fixed passes as he found PA3 passing very inaccurate!!!! For a moment I thought he was initially trolling, but he didn’t, he stated that he finds his passes misplaced.
Fan fact and The irony here is: in PA3 only the power is taken in regards to input, destination and target is heavily dictated by the game AI, which we offline players know, that is not of the best parts of current PES. So it is natural if you aim forward to a free player, if the AI believes that an other player backwards is in a better position, to pass there backward instead of forward and completely bypass your input.
But I am really bored to death, to take a shit and explain basic things to these people.

Last edited:
I'd really like to talk to any of them about this. Because,

1. The possibility of that being true is very low.
    Even if it is true, it's their fault for linking the two blocks. It's bad programming. Trust me it takes a bad programmer to find another.
    If they knew this was the case, why wasn't this fixed before?
    Linking Refs to cameras would require a whole lot of work.
    There's enough evidence to believe refs only work on 3-4 switch cases
if(ballcontact=true)
foul=false
else if (location==penaltyarea && ballcontact=false)
var1= math.random(1,30)
if (var1<3)
foul=true
else
foul=false
else
if (ballcontact=false)
foul=true
Aha, so this is the reason they never removed the random Zoom on broadcast camera, right? :)

Respectfully disagree. It's exploitive because they are essentially giving early access to those that pay. They don't offer the same to all at the same time, paid or not.
Yeah, it's early access. Really don't see who or what that exploits. I'm likewise unclear on the weight of this egalitarian idea you're appealing to – that they ought to give access to all at the same time the content they've compiled and arranged. In this context, with small sums of money involved, and with website costs to manage, I'm really not seeing the force of that point. It's surely not scummy, as I think I've seen you call it before.

I also asked them numerous times if they've ever pocketed any of the money and they refused to answer. They're in it for the money and that's absolutely fine if they tell people that rather than feigning a sense of community spirit.
Can't speak for them precisely, but perhaps they're aware that a presupposition of your asking that question is a suspicion that they are devious actors in some way. If they've detected that, maybe they don't want to dignify it with a response. Or maybe, indeed, they've pocketed a bit. Who knows. But one of the kitmakers in that very Reddit thread linked above replied to the post, saying he's only ever personally seen a fiver of it, by way of a donation from PESEP or something.

Until they change their incentivised membership model, I'm always going to have a problem with them.
I just think this is way too hard-line given what they actually do. If it set a trend, and then prices went up, or free versions never got released, then I'd consider it either initiating or becoming an exploitative practice. But we're clearly not there yet.

I've said this previously too, although in less hysterical terms. I'm intrigued by the link and the quick rise to (relative) fame that PES Universe had, given that there were plenty of other sites with longer tenures in PES editing that didn't get half the fanfare from Konami that PES Universe did.

No 'corruption' as such but I wouldn't rule out an unofficial interest being there.
I think the mystery begins to defuse when you realise how PES Universe have grown: they use the popular platforms where people go to discuss, share, argue, and hype themselves up. Interest-group forums like the one we're on have largely been displaced over the last decade, as Reddit, Twitter, Twitch, and YouTube encroached on the space. It's now the natural place many will seek out news and discussion on what they like, instead of discrete forums which kids of the 80s/90s grew up with. So by operating on those platforms, they've had the most visible reach, and "the community" has naturally seemed to Konami to belong in those spaces.

By contrast, spaces like this are seen to become dominated by particular cultural tropes: e.g., endless tirades against scripting, detailed description of AI issues, adulation of former games. That's not a dig at this place; I do some of it myself. But you can see how it's not especially trendy. PES Universe, in comparison, are trendy enough. It's really no wonder they've had relative fame and Konami have sought to use them for PR purposes.

Let's get off the subject of PES Universe now guys, we've had plenty of it now, everyone's made their point. We've let this thread go wildly off-topic so as not to curb the flow of conversation, but they're nothing to do with PES 2020 rumours - and frankly, I'd rather we worked together with other PES communities, in order to stand any chance of being listened to by Konami in the future.

Let's get off the subject of PES Universe now guys, we've had plenty of it now, everyone's made their point. We've let this thread go wildly off-topic so as not to curb the flow of conversation, but they're nothing to do with PES 2020 rumours - and frankly, I'd rather we worked together with other PES communities, in order to stand any chance of being listened to by Konami in the future.
Fair enough Chris

Even Adam Bhatti is at it...."We’re so close now. Insanely excited, because we have delivered on what the fans want. They are reason why we’re here, and the reason (alongside our love of football) why we do what we do. Believe."
I can hear Cher's song Believe being the main song in Pes 2020 for some reason.
Read through the comments, guys...!

The most impressive fact, which is not discussed here often , as most of us play offline, is the #1 problem of online which I remember exists since 2011, when I used to play MLO.
The lag cheating/match voiding/disconnect/lag switch/connection-manipulation/etc . It is the most annoying, the most unfair cheat and the most discussed issue every year. It was also the most significant of many other reason that I completely abandoned online.
And back in 2011, it was like a myth, but as the years passed and the video capturing/sharing apps have godly improved, a simple search in YouTube can find you hundreds of videos with void/lag cheaters.

I want to conclude; Do you know how many official statements about this problem, I have heard/read/watched all these 9 years? ( Which problem is not about the damned offline ML grampies, it is about the beloved MyClub community). COMPLETELY ZERO OFFICIAL RESPONSE.

Last edited:
D8ewvAnX4AIO7kM.jpg

That is Camp Nou stand, why are you talking about stadium creator?

That is Camp Nou stand, why are you talking about stadium creator?
It was just a wild guess, that's all. But, thinking about it, it could be about the dynamic time that was promised last year. Who knows? Anyway, game play is always the most important thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom