PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

Well Han is now offline so when he next checks this thread he will hopefully apologize.

Okay, I feel not too great for that, so apologize to placebo ...
For one or another reaseon I twice misspelled the word apologize before getting it right :D
But Placebo, you have an aggressive style of writing, do you know that? ;)

Last edited:
Lets get back on topic shall we lads :)
Great find bitter, some really good points in that podcast. i actually didn't expect them to air out something like that considering their supposed to be promoting PES/WE yet that simply just explainend all the issues we have with the game.

But Placebo, you have an aggressive style of writing, do you know that? ;)

No, you're wrong, get your facts straight, that's an offensive accusation.

;)

Let's leave the previous "discussion" in the past and get back to what's important, pointing out the severe flaws in all that is PES :)

FIFA v PES is hardly even a competition now, FIFA is just miles ahead.

FIFA may have glitches but PES is just one big glitch. It's a glitch in life that something so bad is allowed to be released and have a full price tag...

Thats the case for now mate but i still am waiting to see their new engine even though it wont be 09.

Same here, but when they have put so little effort in over the years and given us animal heads when we want proper gameplay and master league improvements, I don't expect much from them. It's better to expect something shit and get something great than expect something great and get something shit - I have made that mistake with a lot of games, most notably PES 2008.

Im so annoyed with Konami for PES 2008. What a fooking shambles it was big time. PS3 and 360 versions sucked. Wii version is alright and the PS2 version seems ok too. I wonder if they can recover and if we will end up with a decent version this year? like Rob said how can they justify a full price for PES2008 knowing it was utter pap?

PES 2008 and FIFA 08 being the same price is like a Peugeot 106 and a Ferrari Enzo being the same price.

Other products are priced based on quality, why not games? Theres shitty games like PES 2008 the same price as a masterpiece like GTA IV on their release days... Now that makes no sense.

No it didn't, according to VGChartz.com:

PES 2008 has sold 6.85m across all platforms (no stats for DS) while FIFA 08 has sold 7.19m across all platforms (no stats for PC).
PC being more popular than DS suggests that the gap would be even wider.

PES will always appeal to the kids who don't have the patience or skill to play FIFA properly though and I think a lot of people were fooled into buying PES 2008 by PES' past success.

PES will always appeal to the kids who don't have the patience or skill to play FIFA properly though and I think a lot of people were fooled into buying PES 2008 by PES' past success.

And that was exactly the opposite for years! :((

Why, konami, why...

Konami needs more than a lucky year to catch up with fifa in almost all aspects of the game. Except shark and dog heads.

The difference between EA and KONAMI is that EA hypes the game every year, while Konami LIES about things they are adoing and the investment that are putting in the creation team. I still remember them talking about a whole new game engine (flase!), a totally remake of the ML (false!) and a great team work (false! only 20-30 people worked in pes 6, for example as Seabass himself admitted later, so I can't really imagine which are the numbers behind pes 2008) and the inclusion of Teamvision when in fact is only some specific cheats performed by the cpu and not the "organic and evolving system" seabass talked about.

Oh, and the fact that they won't pay for licenses even if they are solding 6 million copies of the game. Not to mention the music...

I'm still really intrigued by PES. The old engine must be put out to pasture and if they do that, and introduce a new, fully analogue engine which 360 degree movement and total freedom in passing (power and direction), I would be very eager to try it.

Until they do that, and introduce decent on-line play (I'll never have faith in their "relies totally on cpu cheats" AI), FIFA will rule the roost.

I remember Konami said that PES6 would have players pointing where they wanted the ball played to them, it was never in the game and not in PES 2008 either... Liars.

been a WE fan since WE5 on PS2... have to say I used to find FIFA terrible, but FIFA08 was a revelation. PES2008 was such a travesty it was embarassing. The stuttering frame rate in replays just gave me a massive headache and the overall feel became too arcadey.

One major aspect which Konami should steal is the FIFA option to send your teammate onto a run. It really adds to more flexibility in how you attack (you can send your teammate off as a decoy and free up space for other teammates). The fact that Konami still forces you to rely on its own overlapping AI (which sometimes does not even kick in) just makes the whole game so much more constrained. I understand that you can FORCE the wingers to overlap if you immediately effect changes in tactics, but it seems overcomplicated given that you may wish only for one player to make a run.

For the first time, I really felt that the animation AND gfx looked better in FIFA. In the previous iterations, the PES players always looked more natural (espec the way the head was attached to the body), but I feel that FIFA08 looked incredible for once.

FIFA just need to make the players more responsive (which they seem to have done in EURO2008) and so I am very bullish about FIFA09.

I have to hand it to EA SPorts this time around. They finally delivered a truly amazing game and a new engine which actually plays very well.

Bumpity bump.

Let's keep the argy bargies in this thread and leave the PES and FIFA threads for news, updates, impressions etc.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom