PES2009 online FAR from outstanding!!!!!

BURNA

LIVERPOOL FC
26 April 2006
England
Liverpool
Right. As an experienced online player and PES editor, here is my opinion on online play on PES2009...

Communication - UNACCEPTABLE - You cannot type to each other in-game OR edit the preset in-game phrases, just choose from a list of preset ones......WHERE THE HELL HAS THE FUN GONE?????

Bugs - UNACCEPTABLE - This is what happened on EVERY one of my opponents Goal Kicks....He ran around the ball 3 or 4 times, picked it up and it somehow became a throw
YouTube - PES2009 online GK bug

Goalkeepers - STILL UNACCEPTABLE - It honestly baffles me that after last year's goalkeepers, they only improve them 20%...still leaving them 80% useless, compared to last year's 100% useless. I can't see this ever being improved by a patch. Basically, it's now obvious that they don't want to improve the goalkeepers.

Gameplay - UNACCEPTABLE - Now that i have played against another human being, it is quite obvious that the game favours the top players EVEN MORE and makes them unstoppable eg. Messi, Cronaldo and even the Mighty Park Jee Sung. Every team below the top teams CANNOT pass a ball to a team mate, it goes STRAIGHT TO the better ranked team's player. This annoyed us in PES6.....now it is EVEN WORSE. I for one don't want to play Barcelona vs Manchester United EVERY game.

I have enjoyed playing and editing ISS and Pro Evolution Soccer up until PES6.....now....no more. My experience of PES2009 is the last straw. I hugely anticipated BIG improvments on last year's disaster online, because of the fact that it WAS such a disaster.....KONAMI HAVE NOT DELIVERED AN ACCEPTABLE GAME OR ONLINE SERVICE AGAIN!!!!!

In my honest opinion, PES is now aimed directly at children and not more experienced gamers. This is not a football simulation anymore, if i was 7 years old, i'd love it because you can run past a whole team with the right player. They had the best Football simulation in the world for years....now they've screwed it up. There are so many bigger games than this that work almost faultlessly online (World of Warcraft for example)....and what do they put into PES????

But at the end of the day...they don't care.....the world is huge place full of children who's parents will buy this game.

If anyone disagrees with me and is enjoying the game, then fine...enjoy yourselves by all means. But at the moment, i am so dissappointed that Konami have taken our money again, and let us down again.

Last edited:
Right. As an experienced online player and PES editor, here is my opinion on online play on PES2009...

Communication - UNACCEPTABLE - You cannot type to each other in-game OR edit the preset in-game phrases, just choose from a list of preset ones......WHERE THE HELL HAS THE FUN GONE?????

Connection - UNACCEPTABLE - I get lagged even on a full green connection in EVERY GAME!
Bugs - UNACCEPTABLE - This is what happened on EVERY one of my opponents Goal Kicks....He ran around the ball 3 or 4 times, picked it up and it somehow became a throw
YouTube - PES2009 online GK bug

Goalkeepers - STILL UNACCEPTABLE - It honestly baffles me that after last year's goalkeepers, they only improve them 20%...still leaving them 80% useless, compared to last year's 100% useless. I can't see this ever being improved by a patch. Basically, it's now obvious that they don't want to improve the goalkeepers.

Gameplay - UNACCEPTABLE - Now that i have played against another human being, it is quite obvious that the game favours the top players EVEN MORE and makes them unstoppable eg. Messi, Cronaldo and even the Mighty Park Jee Sung. Every team below the top teams CANNOT pass a ball to a team mate, it goes STRAIGHT TO the better ranked team's player. This annoyed us in PES6.....now it is EVEN WORSE. I for one don't want to play Barcelona vs Manchester United EVERY game.

I have enjoyed playing and editing ISS and Pro Evolution Soccer up until PES6.....now....no more. My experience for this game is the last straw. I hugely anticipated BIG improvments on last year's disaster online, because of the fact that it WAS such a disaster.....KONAMI HAVE NOT DELIVERED AN ACCEPTABLE ONLINE SERVICE AGAIN!!!!!

Im my honest opinion, PES is now aimed directly at children and not more experienced gamers. This is not a football simulation anymore, if i was 7 years old, i'd love it because you can run past a whole team with the right player. They had the best Football simulation in the world for years....now they've screwed it up. There are so many bigger games than this that work almost faultlessly online (World of Warcraft for example)....and what do they put into PES????

But at the end of the day...they don't care.....the world is huge place full of children who's parents will buy this game.

If anyone disagrees with me and is enjoying the game, then fine...enjoy yourselves by all means. But at the moment, i am so dissappointed that Konami have taken our money again, and let us down again.

:((:((:((

TA DAH!!! SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!
Now, honestly, since last year that i lost all hope in PES, after 3 great games they screw everything with this Arcade Plastic Soccer Wannabe Game, it has nothing to do with the other versions, they improved graphics (fail, i hate those animations, players robotic running, etc), physics of the game itself (ball, running which include speed and acceleration, that is impossible to catch when your facing Ronaldo or Messi for example, body balance don't really know if the stupid Inter Stats are the same, if they are thats bulls***, how the f*** does Ibra or Adriano have more then 95 of body balance or shot power and technique??? Konami really helps to create a dream team that is a team on the game itself, Thnx for the stability of the game Seabass) goalkeepers (omfg these are just sticks on the floor that reflect whatever pass or shot that is done, brilliant).
Overall its an awful game and if they end PES6 servers ,which i do believe, im done with this game they are ruining soccer games for me and this one was the last chance for me, either they send us an update and they do an update to the servers and i hear good stuff about this game or i quit it for real. Konami are a disgrace to gaming.

TA DAH!!! SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!
Now, honestly, since last year that i lost all hope in PES, after 3 great games they screw everything with this Arcade Plastic Soccer Wannabe Game, it has nothing to do with the other versions, they improved graphics (fail, i hate those animations, players robotic running, etc), physics of the game itself (ball, running which include speed and acceleration, that is impossible to catch when your facing Ronaldo or Messi for example, body balance don't really know if the stupid Inter Stats are the same, if they are thats bulls***, how the f*** does Ibra or Adriano have more then 95 of body balance or shot power and technique??? Konami really helps to create a dream team that is a team on the game itself, Thnx for the stability of the game Seabass) goalkeepers (omfg these are just sticks on the floor that reflect whatever pass or shot that is done, brilliant).
Overall its an awful game and if they end PES6 servers ,which i do believe, im done with this game they are ruining soccer games for me and this one was the last chance for me, either they send us an update and they do an update to the servers and i hear good stuff about this game or i quit it for real. Konami are a disgrace to gaming.

Mate, i was as dissappointed as anyone last year but just took it as the Konami officials forcing an unfinished game out. I've always said that i'll judge PES2009 AFTER playing the FULL game online....

They aint getting my money again..I can't agree with you more my friend.

I'm just glad that it only costs £17.99 on PC :D

Last edited:
for this statement alone you are a complete and utter fucking idiot and you really should go out and get a life.

I love how there are some people saying the online gaming is brilliant and others are saying it's shit and not one single fucking one of you have thought "hang on, maybe there's something wrong with my system, or maybe i'm doing something wrong, as other people are having no problems at all."

This place makes me laugh sometimes with the shite people come up with.

Nothing wrong with my system mate. I run this game piss easy, and i've been playing this game for years......so 'doing something wrong' is way out of the question.

Look at the video...thats nothin to do with systems....thats ALL Konami. Neoexodus is spot on correct.

The game aint as good as PES5 or 6....simple as mate.....anyway, back to the Reds v Wigan match.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with my system mate. I run this game piss easy, and i've been playing this game for years......so 'doing something wrong' is way out of the question.

Look at the video...thats nothin to do with systems....thats ALL Konami.

The game aint as good as PES5 or 6....simple as mate.....anyway, back to the Reds v Wigan match.

maybe you run into lag cheaters?

Look at the video...thats nothin to do with systems....thats ALL Konami.

i'm talking about your online settings, or the other user's online settings, that's what causes these things, not your cpu or gfx card. If it's working perfectly for other people, surely that's enough to make you think it's not all Konami's fault?

PES is, was and always will be fucking crap online.

It's a game to play with your mates for sure, but online mode is the biggest pile of wank ever.

I only really enjoy 2v2 anyway, i'll give it a try with my mate tomorrow morning on manual control and see if we can find someone who doesn't pick Barcelona for a change.

Has anyone noticed semi-auto controls now actually take MORE control off you now and manual control always pick the wrong players when you try and choose the right ones when you press L1? I do....bloody annoying. I've always played manual control before but it's a lot different on this release.

I have no problems at all. i had totally lagless games. had alot of fun
I disagree with everything said in the first post except that the noobs use barca , inter etc. had some noob picking inter. i picked newcastle. he kept passing to ibrahimovic to just walk in the park. however i could stop him alot because of my *cough* Great defending skills *cough* it was totally boring.... So thats true. for the rest i disagree. i have totally lagless games even with someone with yellow connection. red connection get bit laggy.

I have spoken.

I have no problems at all. i had totally lagless games. had alot of fun
I disagree with everything said in the first post except that the noobs use barca , inter etc. had some noob picking inter. i picked newcastle. he kept passing to ibrahimovic to just walk in the park. however i could stop him alot because of my *cough* Great defending skills *cough* it was totally boring.... So thats true. for the rest i disagree. i have totally lagless games even with someone with yellow connection. red connection get bit laggy.

I have spoken.

Well we can't all be as amazing as you can we Spook?

How can you explain the keeper video then?

And how can you disagree with the communications? Can you type to people in-game on your PC?

And how can you disagree with the shitness of the Goalkeepers? Are the Goalkeepers brilliant on your PC?

You have spoken , now can you answer those questions?

Last edited:
Cant understand all this keepers are shite thing.

They are better than ever, have played couple of dozen full games now
and not one spill. No strange behaviour or anything.

Very Strange , would love to find out what the differences are.

What player level are you using ?

Cant understand all this keepers are shite thing.

They are better than ever, have played couple of dozen full games now
and not one spill. No strange behaviour or anything.

Very Strange , would love to find out what the differences are.

What player level are you using ?

I'm playing online, hence the name of the thread, i use random conditions. Shoot from 18-20 yards and they spill loads. To be honest, when i played the demo, i hardly had any spills at all but i noticed if you shoot from around the 18 yard box....different story.

Sometimes the simple fact of running a firewall in the background or downloading a file at the same time makes your game laggy online. I had no major problemas at all playing online this new version, as a mather of fact, i got used to big issues online with 2008, so this new pes for me is fresh air.

You should really see what's wrong Burna, sorry for this, i already read you are an experienced player and that your specs can handle the game pretty easy. Maybe it's just lack of luck with the players you play against. Just an example, sometimes playing crysis wars I get killed in some situations produced by lag and my ping is like 49 ms, the ping from the guy that killed me is like 150 ms!!

Well we can't all be as amazing as you can we Spook?

How can you explain the keeper video then?

And how can you disagree with the communications? Can you type to people in-game on your PC?

And how can you disagree with the shitness of the Goalkeepers? Are the Goalkeepers brilliant on your PC?

You have spoken , now can you answer those questions?

Yes you cant type to people in game. no need to. if you could it would need to send more data so more lag. + people were wanking around talking shits ingame. fucked up online games. for the rest you can talk in lobby and at half time etc. so communication is good. you can message your friends. etc

About the goalkeepers. I saw them do some blunders and i saw them do some amazing saves. sometimes i think. this is a goal! and wtf the keeper saves it, Only thing what i don't like is that the Goalkeeper cursor is put out now i cant save some shots myself wich i used to save in pes6 but now i cant do anything.... And about the bugs.. i only saw it on youtube. i havent saw ANY bug in my own game yet. and i already played like 18 hours. And the ''Shoot in the middle down and its always a goal'' i had a penalty shootout, all middle down.
1st : goal
2nd : goal
3rd : goal
4rd : Miss. keeper saves. (Reina)

As i said i havent saw any bugs yet. im enjoying become a legend and legends mode. i did some 2v2 online too that went nice :APPLAUD:

Game has great graphics and good gameplay.

Sometimes the simple fact of running a firewall in the background or downloading a file at the same time makes your game laggy online. I had no major problemas at all playing online this new version, as a mather of fact, i got used to big issues online with 2008, so this new pes for me is fresh air.

You should really see what's wrong Burna, sorry for this, i already read you are an experienced player and that your specs can handle the game pretty easy. Maybe it's just lack of luck with the players you play against. Just an example, sometimes playing crysis wars I get killed in some situations produced by lag and my ping is like 49 ms, the ping from the guy that killed me is like 150 ms!!

Fair play mate, i'll keep trying. But i'm SO pissed off about the communications, the preset messages are shite. But how the video shows, how can a Goal kick from the floor turn into a Goalkeeper throw??:SHOCK:

Yes you cant type to people in game. no need to. if you could it would need to send more data so more lag. + people were wanking around talking shits ingame. fucked up online games. for the rest you can talk in lobby and at half time etc. so communication is good. you can message your friends. etc

About the goalkeepers. I saw them do some blunders and i saw them do some amazing saves. sometimes i think. this is a goal! and wtf the keeper saves it, Only thing what i don't like is that the Goalkeeper cursor is put out now i cant save some shots myself wich i used to save in pes6 but now i cant do anything.... And about the bugs.. i only saw it on youtube. i havent saw ANY bug in my own game yet. and i already played like 18 hours. And the ''Shoot in the middle down and its always a goal'' i had a penalty shootout, all middle down.
1st : goal
2nd : goal
3rd : goal
4rd : Miss. keeper saves. (Reina)

As i said i havent saw any bugs yet. im enjoying become a legend and legends mode. i did some 2v2 online too that went nice :APPLAUD:

Game has great graphics and good gameplay.

I'll have to try the Legends mode online. You and Kristian better get on my friends list if i keep playing, as i know you two aren't Barca picking Twats on 2v2 games.

Last edited:
Fair play mate, i'll keep trying. But i'm SO pissed off about the communications, the preset messages are shite. But how the video shows, how can a Goal kick from the floor turn into a Goalkeeper throw??:SHOCK:

I understand your point of view and bad experience with the game online. I also like pes and hate when it is screwed up. Good luck finding a solution.:PINKS:

P.s-What happens with the goalkeeper is a typical lag issue. I believe it's the connection from the other guy. Imagine things this way, you start a download at exactly the same time as other guy you recieve the file earlier, the other guy gets it later even if he has the same connection as you but the single aspect of being from Venezuela changes all. The part of the world the other person is influences a lot.

http://www.speedtest.net/ go here and try different servers to see what i mean.

Last edited:
I agree with you on the shoddy communications issue, that really is barmy, and also with the goalkeepers, they are obviously programmed to be human and make mistakes, but its been badly implemented.

I do however disagree with the lag. I've played about 15 games online today, I only have a 1.5mb connection and I've only had minor slowdown in a couple of matches. Compared to last year, thats a miracle.

Anyway, dont give up on the game, the Offline is hugely enjoyable, and I'm finding it a challenge. So far in my ML I've W6D3L5, certainly a sign that the game isnt a walkover.

Lol burna ive been waiting for you. i went to play a 2v2 because you were playing. and now your offline. damn :P

Sorry mate, had to go to the Chippy and feed the family. I played another game before i went though, I beat a Brazil noob 3-0.....the ref gave me a penalty when he tackled me fair and square, he had a man sent off when he tackled me fair and square.....seems the online ref is the same one from the demo...then i walked through his defence with Wayne Rooney and scored easily.

Seriously boys...i can't play this game at the moment...i find it a bit of a joke.

BUT IT DIDN'T HAVE LAG!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I'm glad that some of you are enjoying it though.:D

Last edited:
BURNA, the keeper dropping balls was happening to me as well until I turned off "wait for v-sync" in the setting then it stoped. I guess is because the dead ball (goal kick, free kick, corners and replay) occurs at 30fps which v-sync forces to 60fps.

so if you experience it again with another player just tell him to turn it off and everything will be fine

wow and i was really close to getting this game for £16, well gald i diddnt! glad i have fifa09 on my console for my footballing needs

the keepers are a total joke, the fact that they parry and spill 90% of all shots hit at them no matter how shite they are is just not good enough. ITS NOT REALISTIC, wake up people if you actually think the keepers are good you are a total fecking tool

i never thought id actually find elements of fifa more realistic than pro evo but this year thats the case, i dont like the stupid shooting system on pro evo as the second half of the bar is there just so you can hit joe blogs in row f. There is no feeling of speed or pace on the shots for the majority of players though ofc according to konami there are only a certain number of star players who have the ability to play football in the world

Last edited:
I don't know about the lag in the normal network, because I haven't played it much. But Legends, there is NO LAG at all in there. I play with a friend, and my connection is yellow, his is orange-red, and there is absolutely no lag! But the defenders at FC Legends just SUCK.

I know for a fact that i'll never play 1v1 again online because the gameplay is that bad. You can't even pick manual control online....i find the CPU taking over too much in my defence...it's useless.

2v2 was slightly better, but even then, the communication is terrible, pressing the right stick in, out , up and down first just to type to someone is doing my head in. What happened to simple type and enter?

PLEASE KEEP PES6 ONLINE ALIVE!!!!!!

I enjoy this game very much offline. But online? Uaargh! The BarcaManuInter kids spoil everything. You can´t stop the top teams, if you´re playing against someone who´s understood the controls rudimentarily.

So we need a decent online club, playing the normal teams. Search for me: NikLaw.

It's horrible. It's not just the lag, the game's totally different too. I took a freekick and my player just stood looking at the ball. Up pops my opponent, takes the ball off me and scored.

I feel ripped off. This was the year seabass and his lying mob told us that online will be perfect and it will play like offline. Well, that's far from the truth. Even pes08's lag was better than this pile of dog poo.

Here's seabass's perfect online play > http://www.johnhardie.com/lag.wmv

Please help if you can :(I already distressed by this online. Every time I try to play any game immediately after the start of the game back to me in the lobby. This is consistent, most'm playing a half and this is .
If anyone can help me will be enormously grateful if you did.
Internet is good and stable, I am no problems with PES 6. Even just the opposite
Just somehow not very fair to have some problems and not others .. however, and some other they give money for this game.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/AntrAcsA/3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom