Playstation 3- 10 Oct bundles

neil

League 2
30 April 2006
As we all know, as of Wed it's £300 for a 40GB and £350 for a 60GB with 2 games. ;)

I notice the 40GB model has been advertised for pre-orders etc already but I can find no reference of the £350 60GB model wit the 2 games included. Very strange indeed (I've tried Amazon, Play, HMV, Virgin, Woolworths etc)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, what are the 2 best 1st party games to choose. Hate 1st person shooters so not getting Resistance.

They is no mention of the cheaper 60GB because people who did know would wait until Wednesday.

Just a reminder, the 60GB is now no longer in prodcution, they cut the price to push stock so expect maybe a 80GB soon? Or 100GB? I don't know...

They is no mention of the cheaper 60GB because people who did know would wait until Wednesday.

You're probably right- v sneaky to squeeze some last minute profit out of a few suckers!

Reckon it's worth the extra £50 for the higher memory and the two, albeit fairly crap, games.

Haha lazy ShopTo, they've just copied the 60gb spec list ... including mentioning the 60gb drive on the 40gb version page :)

£375 for a 60GB PS3, Colin McRae Dirt and an extra controller is a great price! (Shop To)

Not really, the console is only like £300 anyway, DiRT is £40 which leaves the pad at £35.

The £350 deal is much better I think :)

Depends if you want Colin McRae Dirt I guess. Personally I think the games included with the £350 deal are crap so I'd rather have a decent game and an extra controller, which I'd have to buy anyway (for PES).

Looking forward to getting it tomorrow!

Depends if you want Colin McRae Dirt I guess. Personally I think the games included with the £350 deal are crap so I'd rather have a decent game and an extra controller, which I'd have to buy anyway (for PES).

Looking forward to getting it tomorrow!

I think if I was to buy one now, I'd buy the 40gb version from ShopTo. HDD size doesn't mean much when you can install your own HDD anyway, card readers ... meh, 4 USB to 2 USB ... never used more than one and even then I'd buy a USB hub, ethernet cable missing ... I have my own anyway, backwards compatibility I very rarely use and could do without anyway.

£300 for the 40gb is fine for me :)

Fair point.
To be honest, not sure what the USB ports are used for- is it charging the controllers or something? Card Reader?? read memory card from a digital camera!??

Presumably the hard drive size only comes into play when downloading movies etc? I do that on my laptop at the moment but I guess that may become useful in the future although I accept that even 60GB will be tiny in a couple of years time.

Fair point.
To be honest, not sure what the USB ports are used for- is it charging the controllers or something? Card Reader?? read memory card from a digital camera!??

Presumably the hard drive size only comes into play when downloading movies etc? I do that on my laptop at the moment but I guess that may become useful in the future although I accept that even 60GB will be tiny in a couple of years time.

I've used USB for an additional third-party controller (uses a USB port as a wireless dongle fits in) and to copy a roster update onto a USB memory stick and copy to my PS3 HDD.

Card reader? Can only be for your camera and is useless for me personally.

HDD will be handy when downloading games off PSN, demos, storing MP3's, and when Sony start having movies for download. Again, 40Gb is plenty to store downloaded games and demos. I'm sure someone seen a 160gb drive for £57 that slots right into your PS3.

Thanks for that. Does that mean that in order to play with 4 controllers at once (which I like to so on Pro Evo), I will need the PS3 with the 4 USB ports?

Thanks for that. Does that mean that in order to play with 4 controllers at once (which I like to so on Pro Evo), I will need the PS3 with the 4 USB ports?

No you just charge 2 pads at a time. Plus I'm pretty sure that if you plug the USB cable into your PC then it will still charge the pad.

Official controllers have nothing to do with USB ports anyway so just buy official pads and you';ll be fine :)

No you just charge 2 pads at a time. Plus I'm pretty sure that if you plug the USB cable into your PC then it will still charge the pad.

The PC does charge the PS3 pad aye. I find it easier to use my PC as it's on near constant whereas I prefer to turn off my PS3.

I'm gonna start charging my pads when I'm on the PC.

:8):

350 deal at Game, Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm or Resistance or F1, tempting.........................

If you had to pick three games from these what would it be:-

Sega Rally
Motorstorm
F1
Ridge Racer
Warhawk
Heavenly Sword
Resistance Fall of Man

Thanks.

Well, here's my list:

• Sega Rally - NO (I've played the demo, not a great fan to be honest.)
  • Motorstorm - YES (I've had it since March and though it's nothing special, it's still one of the best games available. :eek:)
  • F1 - NO (I bought it in July and I don't think I've played it for more than 10 hours. It's completely outdated. What a waste of money. :cry:)
  • Ridge Racer - NO (I've played the demo, it wasn't worth the download.)
  • Warhawk - YES (I might get this one sometime soon. It really sounds like a great online game.)
  • Heavenly Sword - YES (I've played the demo and though I haven't been much into the genre, it seemed cool. I might buy it when it gets cheaper or even rent it.)
  • Resistance: Fall of Man - NO (I'm not a fan of the genre, didn't even bother downloading the demo.)

Anyway, as CW said, if I had to pick one, it would be Warhawk.

Warhawk, Resistance and... Ouch. None of the others. Hence why I don't have a PS3 of my own yet. :)

Guys it went mental...for the 60gb!

Sold f*ck all 40gb. Shifted an incredible amount of PS3's today. Doing the 60gb + extra sixaxis + two 1st party games for £350. Everyone loved it, sold out of controllers, Resistance and Motorstorm.

I think Sony have finally done it and got a magic price point. I've not seen a rush for the PS3 like this ever, even when it launched.

Regarding that white PS3, I emailed NCSX and enquired, looks like it will set me back around £250 for full delivery and 2 pads! Bargain. Also, the pads have rumble in them! Cant wait for the 11th November.

Is the White one a 40Gb or 60 lad? Also Adonis, do you have any info on a the Silver machines?

I am tempted, but atm I cant afford the 350 deal, I think I may wait till next year and wait till the DS3 comes in the machine deal.

I had a debate with Wrighty over this the other day, I said that Sony didnt need to release the 40Gb model, just do the bundle deal of the 60Gb at 350 and it would fly, people got sooooooo put off at 425 its not funny. I think if they had even launched at 399 they would of have had a more regular sales after the initial launch.

Back
Top Bottom