POOR Cisse!

my idea about the "poll" wasn't aimed at you only PLF, but at everybody ;)
but you're actually quite right, it IS off-topic #-o

PLF said:
p.s. Tuta, when will he announce decision about new person?
Domenech needs a time of reflexion. So I don't know. But he said : "Eveything is possible". For the moment he has time and prefers to know how Cissé is going.

@Gekko64
Well man, i really dont think Zanetti, Samuel or Veron really deserved to be in the NT...maybe Zanetti casue Argetnina lacks good players in his position... but for Veron, i am with Pellegrini, hes is a Trouble maker, not team player, and could separete the group...

I don't even know how one can say Zanetti shouldn't be in team! :eek:

Forget the fact that this guy is one of the best right backs in world eeeeeeeeeever (who could attack well but unlike the best fullbacks like Cafu could also defend marvelously), forget all that!

What matters is who the country has in that position and let me ask is Scaloni, Burdisso (who might be started on right hand side of defence), or Coloccini even half as good as Zanetti in that position? Answer is no.. not to mention none are even natural right backs! So it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to leave a world-class RB totally out of squad!! to play some center backs who have been converted to SB as well or Scaloni who is just not in same league as Javier.

So he DEFINITELY deserved to be there but for me Veron didn't and it's a good thing he's not but anyway like I said before, this is off-topic but I just had to say one quick thing :p about Zanetti.

nice to see this thread has swiftly moved on from cisse :)

i do feel sorry for the guy, but im so gutted. it could prevent us from buying a new striker!!!

Agh, that was painful to watch. Shit like this shouldn't be happening to you TWICE. He's probably killed a baby somewhere in his past.

whats wrong with cisse and his foot, he always seem to have wrong steps and break his leg... 2nd time now, he will be out for at least another 8 months ...

Last edited by a moderator:
just one little more OT
@PLF...thats why i think Argentina will actually play in 3412 formation...no need for a real RSB...and than they can have Maxi or Lucho playing at RMF...i just think they say they will play in 442 casue they mean sorin will defend as a LSB..wich i am almost sure, by knowing sorin, wont happen...

also i know how much u appreciate Zanetti we had talked about that before...and i agree that he tecnically and tatically deserved to be in any NT...but you gotta understand that Argentina is tring to make a GROUP that acts like a Family, just like Lyon, and Zanetti wouldnt fit well with those players. he has had many problems with Sorin, specially casue he is a great friend of veron..so i guess pellegrini decided to take sorin and his "crew" than Veron and his...and this is why iam so affraid of argentina in this WC, casue now they have a real family group. and in my opinion thats the first step to be a winning team...

now back to Cisse´s problems..
@Massacre_1907
i think he needs to eat more beans and drink more milk... :lol:

Last edited:
Massacre_1907 said:
whats wrong with cisse and his foot, he always seem to have wrong steps and break his leg... 2nd time now, he will be out for at least another 8 months ...

It's just as if his foot wanted to leave his body lol. I'm kidding, but that's really strange, same injury, twice, man, he must have bones made out of glass, really incredible.

lol STR.. haha!!
brunnoce said:
just one little more OT
@PLF...thats why i think Argentina will actually play in 3412 formation...no need for a real RSB...and than they can have Maxi or Lucho playing at RMF...i just think they say they will play in 442 casue they mean sorin will defend as a LSB..wich i am almost sure, by knowing sorin, wont happen...
I understand this man in fact this is what I suspected myself that they might play with 3 at the back with Coloccini or Burdisso probably being the right CB out of 3. But even if this was the plan, you still can't say it's a good/safe idea for a team to not take an even single natural right back in its squad of 23-man! What if for example they do decide to play with 4 at the back against a certain team or tactic even if that's not their initial plan as you say or what if they want to change to it during a match? They can of course but it won't be as effective when they do without him.

That's why I think the real reason is what you mentioned below and internal problems not tactics because no matter what way one tries to justify his disclusion tactically, it still won't make sense.

also i know how much u appreciate Zanetti we had talked about that before...and i agree that he tecnically and tatically deserved to be in any NT...but you gotta understand that Argentina is tring to make a GROUP that acts like a Family, just like Lyon, and Zanetti wouldnt fit well with those players. he has had many problems with Sorin, specially casue he is a great friend of veron..so i guess pellegrini decided to take sorin and his "crew" than Veron and his...and this is why iam so affraid of argentina in this WC, casue now they have a real family group. and in my opinion thats the first step to be a winning team...
Man I like Sorin I really do you know that. But this is indeed shitty.. why can't he and Zanetti get along? To be honest though i could see this tragedy that's happened (Javier not being selected) coming a little while back.

I mean he was captain of the team! Once you take that armband off him and put it on Sorin, that was a sign of things to come I guess. Poor guy first had that taken off him and then got axed undeservedly!

p.s. I'm sure maybe even if him and Sorin have problems, the rest of the squad aren't "Sorin's crew" and are still friends with Javier for long time many of them and respect him highly.

Oh well this is all OT though and this is the last we'll say on this topic
so now back to Cisse´s problems.. and hopes of every French person I spoke to last night to hopefully for Domenech to do right thing and bring in Micoud.

@Pk, you're kidding right? :lol: ;)

Very saf for Cisse, personally i like him and i still think he has a lot of potential which uptil now has been unfullfilled.
Anelka maybe a good player, but with all i've heard about him, being coach he would never be selected for a tournament...he's a very controversial player who is selfish and has no team spirit.
Micoud would deserve to be the replacement, it would only be fair to select him...but if i was Domenech i would select Rothen...
The reason: because he has been injured this season...so he will be in good shape (not too tired).
IMHO the last big tournaments were decided by players who were mentally and physically in good shape (i.e. not tired). The potential or talent seems to be less important (Greece, USA, South Korea, Turkey, Ronaldo, Milan Baros,...).

Makes no sense though to bring a guy who was injured half of it because he's not 'tired' like others :-s

Yeah it also means he doesn't deserve to be there, didn't play very well, doesn't have the form or confidence and still probably carrying some minor injury and not as fit as he should be.

There's no way for Rothen to get in the team though Gerdanyway and he shouldn't be there, reason? Simple.. there is better choices.

Even for the left wing position, this is the pecking order and how it should be:

1. Malouda (and he's only one in team since France 23-man squad with one left winger and Ribery can play there too even though not a natural left-footer so Franck and Wiltord are there to back him up and that's why he only picked one natural left winger.)

2. Monterrubbio (Rennes captain and definitely best one after Malouda)

3. Ludovic Delporte (Osasuna - no experience with France but a better player in this time and day)

4. Rothen who is not as good as he was, injured all the time and is coming off a somewhat mediocre season so he won't even have the confidence/form of the other 3-4 players in contention for left wing position!

Not that none of this stuff we're saying matters anyway, because he won't select another left winger! But I'm just saying even if he was to, Rothen would still not be there and shouldn't be there! (Hasn't earned it AT ALL and France is a country with so much depth that even players who did deserve it somewhat aren't picked, let alone those who didn't.. )

Last edited:
Thats very sad for Cisse, i dont like him as a player, but u dont wish this on anyone.

Giuly would have been perfect replacement (should have been in the 23 imo.) but since he doesnt want too, id definately go for Micoud like PLF said, as there isnt a real replacement for Zizou in the squad, and Micoud is a very good player also has plenty of experience.

gutted for cisse. i a liverpool fan and have always like him and was sad to hear he was leaving. never thought Rafa really ever gave him a chance!

dunno what Marseille are gonna do? Cisse with the bonus of ribery maybe staying would of made the ligue 1 title race very exciting!

i was hyped about seeing cisse and henry play together. Djib will be back though!

as for france, anelka and Guily both shouted off there mouths about the manager so dunno if they will be brought in.

and to the liverpool fans who are mote bothered about him not leaving then the guys health. FCUK YOU!

Last edited:
finally, it's sydney Govou from olympique lyonnais wich replace Djib, once again mister raymond choose a player who can play several position on attack and defence, good luck for both

Damn!!!!!! :(

But can't say we're surprised, we said it's most likely gonna be Govou and unfortunitely it is! :/

And he can't play defence dude.

SMF*, WF, SS

plf :p why cant france do a a walcott, ahh well i guess his france tunits will given to govou now!

the world cup will miss his flair, speedy recovery MR club 9!

bongo herman said:
agree with most of it but think that its probabely too late too make the changes this guy suggests.
This is BS. How can you compare Trezeguet with Saha ??? Thuram with Givet ??? The only point right is about Ribery but Vieira was forced to play right side, he tried his best.

I do prefer Givet over Boumsong even though neither give you exactly that much confidence but no definitely not over legendary Thuram!!

tuta77 said:
This is BS. How can you compare Trezeguet with Saha ??? Thuram with Givet ??? The only point right is about Ribery but Vieira was forced to play right side, he tried his best.

well i said i agreed with most of the points but not all.

but saha is a talented striker who can contribute to the overall build up play where as trez is an out and out goal scorer but can go missing for long periods. neither partner for henry is a perfect fit. maybe if there was one more friendly game for them to test out a non-cissé team but his injury really could only have been worse timed if the deadline for new squad members had passed.

anyway imho whatever line up Domemench selects out of the 23, i don't there is much chance of France winning. they've just got too many problems and weakpoints.

Only just seen it been avoiding news and papers coz I'm sick of hearing seeing and reading about Shreks foot... nothing to the break very and can't be understated the guy must be gutted!! Wishes to Cisse and hope he See's some of next season for pool!!

ouchhhhhhhhhh..... the warning on that one is really needed indeed scratch! :|

Looks horrrrrrrrrrrrribly painful!!!!!

He fell really awkwardly which caused the broken foot.

But I still think this is barely anything if you compare this to Larsson's broken foot a while back when he still played for Celtic. His leg broke badly while just running.

Back
Top Bottom