PS2 Demo

just one thing....

every has said that the crowd are not in the game when you are actually playing (behind the goal, when you shoot over just empty seats), but they are on freekicks and replays etc.

BUT, on the ps2 demo i wanted to check it, So i changed the camera so that i could see the seats (as the two grounds have running tracks) and the fans ARE there.

So have they been put back in?

That's a new feature, if you're good enough the fans stay...the guys who are moaning just are not good enough, the fans don't want to see their crappy play and just leave...nice one Konami (i will play in empty stadiums...)

haha, fans disapear when the camera angle is set to wide... i think its to minimise slowdown, i dont play on wide though so its not a big deal.

Dennis bergkamp is crazy in this demo his 1st tough is fantastic just like reality :D

I heard some stuff about ball juggling but im not sure, all i can do is flick it ahead of me, i flicked it up once with ronaldo but it was only a fluke.

Some guy said he set himself up for a bicycle kick!

Professor Nutmeg said:
My first freekick goal :D scored my Beckham 30 yards out, against Valencia to make it 1-1. :applause:
poor Canizares...

Can you tell me if there is many differences between the PC demo and the PS2 demo?
I played with the PC demo yesterday I found it very good but I've read that the pace on the PS2 version was quicker...
My friend told me that inertia is different and PC version is better because players look "keavyer" than on the PS2 version.
Do you feel that?

ps: excuse my english...I'm just French...

What a peach of a free kick Prof...never quite managed to curl the ball like that...how did you do that???

Why thankyou. Well, as it was far out, i held down the forward (up) button when filling the power bar. I had already positioned myself to allow for curl, and so i held the left button as i shot. Top left ;)

So it actually works, holding the left button to curl??? I've never had the impression that it mattered the slightest bit...
I'm not good at taking free kicks (fans leave the stadium after i have taken one, makes me nervous as hell) but if one day (if...) i would succeed to score such a goal as yours that would be extremely satisfying...that's why i play Pro Evo, to savour those precious moments (and they are rare) when you have made a beautifull move or scored a fantastic goal...and it is only perfect when i have done it with a player who isn't famous...

Brief impressions:
Commentary is better - things such as "Cole, he's already set one goal up from a cross today"
Graphics are better.
Speed is quicker but more realistic.
Like the new touch in the player ratings that gives a summary of the top player's performances.
Refereeing is waaaaay better - i got booked a whole minute after an advantage was played for my foul.
Goalkeeping is improved to a more realistic level - mistakes and misjudgements can be seen from time to time.
"Middle Shot" skill is cooo-el - playing as Lampard is a real pleasure.
Midfield play is now an important part of the game.
Off the ball movement (AI) is 1000% better.

Overall, a lot of minor improvements that all add up to a much better and realistic version that I just can't wait to play in full.

Beatts said:
haha, fans disapear when the camera angle is set to wide... i think its to minimise slowdown, i dont play on wide though so its not a big deal.

Dennis bergkamp is crazy in this demo his 1st tough is fantastic just like reality :D

I heard some stuff about ball juggling but im not sure, all i can do is flick it ahead of me, i flicked it up once with ronaldo but it was only a fluke.

Some guy said he set himself up for a bicycle kick!

The only time I could see the seats was on wide camera, and people were sitting in them!

My thoughts exactly, i thought the speed was slower... than pes 4, anyhow.

Scored a cracking free kick with Carlos, shame i cant upload vids... using triangle after square really adds power to free kicks :D

Still cant work out how to juggle though :(

Blondin said:
Quicker than what?

For fks sake - no wonder i have 5 month interals between posts as your every mistake is picked on.

surely it's obvious i mean compared to the friggen previous version of the game?????!!!!

try making a positive contribution rather than that type of thing.

mjp said:
For fks sake - no wonder i have 5 month interals between posts as your every mistake is picked on.

surely it's obvious i mean compared to the friggen previous version of the game?????!!!!

try making a positive contribution rather than that type of thing.
Hmmm...
This game has the japanese version, the european version, the PC demo version...
So which previous version? WE 9 or PES 4?
Because you say "realistic" I think you compare to the japanese version because PES 4 was too quick...

One thing I noticed (whilst playing it to death at the weekend) is the way you can't just run through people anymore, when you lose the ball in PES4 you could just charge through opposing players. Now you kind of bounce of them which is cool.

Free kicks might just be too easy now! Too hard in 4 and I've scored almost all of them in the PES5 demo!!!

Somewhere in between please konami!!

Overall the new animations are excellent (the 720 degree spin when tackled is cool) and the gameplay is superlative.

Roll on the 21st!

Hey do you guys notice when you go to the Individual player preformance thingy (lol can't remeber the name)...during halftime, the player who scores a goal are described by what type of goal they scored, when there names are higlighted.

Not sure if you lot will get me.

I've not really got much else new to add about the Demo, but a couple of things I've noticed. The first is that when playing a 'big lad' like Terry or Drogba, they feel like they have a bit of momentum to them. If they get the ball, turn and start running then they can be picked off and tackled easily but if they sprint onto a ball, anyone in their way get's knocked over like skittles.

I'm also a big fan of the new tackling system. I always thought I was quite 'X' dependant but I have had no problems adapting and I see no one else has mentioned it so I'm obviously not the only one. I still commit a few fouls, but at least I know it's because I've been clumsy. Also, made a lot of well timed slide tackles and not once did the ref blow up so no problems there either.

The shooting has been improved, but unfortunately my own ability has not so I have no comments to make.

Finally, Roberto Carlos scores, runs off to celebrate but realises the ref had ruled it out. The camera has followed him so we see him turn and GLARE at the referee. It was absolute quality! A real 'if looks could kill' moment.

I'm giddy as a schoolgirl!

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Well i am a little sore as i lost to Real madrid on 2*.

on PES4 i coud win the CL with norwich but in this game i cant even score on 2*...

....Its Brilliant!! :mryellow:

Isn't every iteration hard when you first start playing it though?

I have also lost on a couple of occasions which is great but will we be saying this in 6 months time?

JimJoeC said:
Isn't every iteration hard when you first start playing it though?

I have also lost on a couple of occasions which is great but will we be saying this in 6 months time?

Well not for me. PES 4 was so easy to master with the worst teams and so became boring very quickly. every other PES has had me hooked on ML for months trying to improve my squad and battling to het into europe but PES 4...

This game is going back to the basics and making the computer very hard to break down whilst also moving fowerd with how the computer attacks you. no more one dimensional long ball to the striker, the COM now builds an attack spraying the ball about and finding oles in your defence.

as i said before the computer on 2* is still very impressive with is attacking play and i cant wait to get a ML on the way with how the demo has played so far.

I honestly can't remember that far back!!

I do know that even having a wage cap of 450 I was still winning everything in sight on PES4 so hopefully this will be a lot harder, I just hope that the com can score freekicks this time!

And in fact score against you quite often. I only conceeded 12 goals in my last ML.

JimJoeC said:
One thing I noticed (whilst playing it to death at the weekend) is the way you can't just run through people anymore, when you lose the ball in PES4 you could just charge through opposing players. Now you kind of bounce of them which is cool.

great point - i'd forgotten about that - i scored a goal yesterday because two of my oppositions defenders ran into each other and one fell to the floor creating space for a thru ball - fookin cool.

Yeah i know what you mean i could finish a season and not even conceed double figures. the Com teams atleast look a little more leathel in the demo.

i really want this game to test me both attacking and defending as PES4 just didnt quite get the right balance and felt that you dont have to be very good to be the best in the ML. almost a pick up and play that FIFA has. its not why i got into PES and i was V dissapointed after the first month as the challenge dissapeared and i was winning the leauge without a challennge.

Hi chaps,

played about 5 or 6 games before work today and for the first time noticed some off the ball incidents.

In two seperate games as Chelsea v Valencia, i had Joe Cole deliberately blocked by Albelda as he was trying to run onto Lampards through ball and even more blatantly from a goal kick by Cech, i used R2 to position Drogba to get underneath the ball on for him to get pulled from behind by Ayala and seemingly closelined by Baraja causing him to fall to the floor.
db

I got the demo on Friday and played quite a few games... I played combinations with all of the teams and after getting used to the new slower, pass and move style which really ups the realism feel of the game, I had a bash at Real vs Chelsea. I thought I'd have a crack with Zidane from about 30 yards to test Petr Cech and the ball bent beautifully into the top corner, perfectly illustrating the new middle shoot ability. Also the animation for the shot was much improved, they've finally got rid of that awful 'skip into the air' shot which was often used when having a shot from outside the Box. All in all very impressed, just waiting for the 21st now...

You're spot on with that twoblind, the attacking was suitably testing but defending was way too easy in ML. I would often hack them down when close to goal as they would never score from free kicks.

I think the least I conceeded in an entire season was 7 goals! Which is blatantly ridiculous. (unless you're Chelsea this year :roll: )

Agreed Db, there's a lot going on, off the ball. But also on it, there's so much new stuff. Neat little touches/passes and so on. And the Com's build up play and movement now seems so much better. It's actually passing the ball around intelligently, creating space etc. I as runnig around after mAdrid trying to regain the possession at one point, and they were just passing around me in the midfield. The AI is generally a lot better i'd say. Eg Zidane just outside my box, instead of shooting, he creates a chance, making a sweet little chip into the box for Ronaldo to get on the end of.
I like the new keeper throws too.

Back
Top Bottom