Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread...

Re: FIFA 10 Manager Mode Thread

And if I put the board on Pro or even Amateur will that negatively effect my game? I just want to avoid being sacked unnecessarily really, I've heard a lot about being sacked when winning the league etc

Well it'll give you slightly more money to spend, as to whether or not it affects sackings I guess we're all assuming so....

I'll be Man City so the money shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think I'll start it on Pro (board).

Lots of sorting out to do first anyway. I've just renamed the English stadiums to start. Is there a list of free-agents / transfers that were missed / any corrections ?

I'll want to sort some basic CT corrections aswell for the 70/70 problem.

Well started a new MM with the CT, stadiums adjusted, a bump up to legendary difficulty and putting shooting on semi and it's really improved imo. Games are far more accurate and balanced, with the correct teams being battered in possesion but still really tough to score. Makes it feel more like PES in that regard as making teams sit deeper (with the CT/formations) means you hardly get a 1-on-1 so any chance you do get you know you HAVE to put it away. Witch (for you Nick) makes scoring & winning far more rewarding then before. Also I seem to be getting a decent balance in day/night now (even in stadiums that have both times).

Shame there are still stupid bugs/design decisions, but on the pitch it's really improved. I think I just played about 2,5 hours and was still really enjoying the matches. Normally I turn off after an hour or so.

Ended up playing Aldershot in the league cup, and I hadn't changed the CT settings that far down. Was a poor, poor match with far too much pressure from them returning the game back to the bad old days. Made you really appreciate the other matches. It's quite an impact. :D

So after a week of miserableness I'm quite happy again with the game. Now to make sure I don't get fired (Ive put the boardlevel on easy) so I can just enjoy the game for the rest of the year.

Looks like it's all the English leagues bar the Prem which are affected by the 70 issue, so I'll start a MM and just make sure I don't go to an English lower league team.

Not great but it'll have to do.

Looks like it's all the English leagues bar the Prem which are affected by the 70 issue, so I'll start a MM and just make sure I don't go to an English lower league team.

Not great but it'll have to do.

What I've done, is assign all the EPL teams custom tactics using a combinaton of Neo and Tik's Tactics, then I've randomly added them to each team in the Championship, Started a MM season using Burnley and at the minute it's looking and playing well.

Heard the sack bug is still in there, what else happens if I pick the lowest setting on the boards to negate this issue...?
The only difference will be an increase in money and the board will keep you on a lot longer. The increase in money is a bit of a pain in the lower leagues, in the higher leagues it's peanuts but in the lower leagues it makes a lot more difference.

Saying that, if you start off as a team that aren't expected to win the league, you should find that the board are okay with you in my experience. I've lost nearly every game of the season as Tranmere (pre-patches) and not been sacked...

Once your reputation goes above a few stars then the "bug" fixes itself so I'll be starting my new games on Professional board difficulty. It's the best balance IMO if you pick an average/rubbish team. You'll get chance to build up a reputation and then if you move on to a bigger side, you'll have more time - but not forever, like you'd have on the easiest board setting.

Leeds?! Ouch, you might find yourself getting the boot quickly - I might recommend a notch lower but then saying that I'd probably stick it on Pro myself and hope for the best...

what are these CT/formations everyone is talking about?
Where can i get them?

What was the little cheat to change the weather in a MM match? Something like going into Exhibition mode and changing the weather, then coming out and loading MM up again? Merseyside seems rather wet throughout January at the moment..

Yeah, I posted it a while ago and several other people have noticed it as well. It was exiting out of MM after seeing the weather, going out of the MM, going to exhibition and setting a dry weather, then reloading MM. But try simply exiting out of the MM then reloading first, that seems to work just as well so it may save you some time. However, there's been some mention of it not working in certain stadiums or something like that so let me know how it goes.

I had that in 09, for example I wanted a CL match to be at night so I changed it in exibition and went back. Yet it wouldn't change it in MM even though the stadium had both times. Haven't bothered in MM as with the stadium edits I'm now getting a decent mix.

:TU: Cheers for the info, I'll stick on PRO with Leeds, I don't want the money and TBH, if I am struggling I want the threat of the axe over me... ;)

Im still playing with Leeds, on whatever the default level was.

Playing on Pro with semi passing only.

My next game is in the FA cup against arsenal, I cant remember what round, but I think I am getting close to the final.

I am fearing the worst though as manual shooting is a nightmare.

Sitting 4th in the league with about 29 games played I think. Reckon I am for the boot then?

I have never played Manager Mode as much as this, but I am liking it. My squad size is dwindelling though :(

Im still playing with Leeds, on whatever the default level was.

Playing on Pro with semi passing only.

My next game is in the FA cup against arsenal, I cant remember what round, but I think I am getting close to the final.

I am fearing the worst though as manual shooting is a nightmare.

Sitting 4th in the league with about 29 games played I think. Reckon I am for the boot then?

I have never played Manager Mode as much as this, but I am liking it. My squad size is dwindelling though :(

Shooto, I have the opposite problem mate, I have too large a squad and the board wont let me sell any more players, I landed too decent players but paid slightly over the odds knowing I had three players still to sell to balance the books.

Then the board came back saying they will not allow any more sales, I'm going to run out of cash and get sacked and I'm 2nd with just one loss in 7... :RANT: :P

Let's see who gets the boot first...;)

Starting a new 'post-patch' manager mode, using Macclesfield in league 2.

This is what I did beforehand to try and keep it as realistic as possible

- I randomly updated the custom tactics for all teams below the premiership to ones suggested by Neo. I don't know enough about those teams to care if they are correct or not, I'm just happy that each game will be varied.

- Edited a lot of stadiums for non-premiership clubs to use the Estadio Municipal stadium. This stadium looks kind of English and there's no rain or snow on it, so it will break up the rain games.

- Set the board to Semi-Pro (maybe I should have used easy) to try and avoid being sacked needlessly. If I end up with too much money because of this then I'll either pay a player ridiculously high wages or buy someone and not use him. This will keep my funds at a realistic level.

- Spent my starting funds on putting the fitness coach up to level 4. This seems to be at a level where the players don't tire stupidly, but still enough to need rotating, which is what I want.

Hopefully this will be enough to enjoy the game and get around the bugs...

Starting a manager mode with Accrington Stanley.
Basically doing the same as Vindaloo set up wise.
Playing Semi/Manual on Legendary and i'll see where it takes me.

Just tried to start a new Career with Everton but where are the summer signings? also Lescott is back in our team? all our players were there when the game came out apart from Lucas Neill who arrived too late to be included...

Said there wasn't one available, Live season seemed to update ok though when I downloaded that update.

It amazed me how they managed to forget to put Richard Dunne in the Aston Villa team! He was a major signing for them, and yet still they can't be bothered to make one tiny adjustment. Sums up the whole game for me really.

It amazed me how they managed to forget to put Richard Dunne in the Aston Villa team! He was a major signing for them, and yet still they can't be bothered to make one tiny adjustment. Sums up the whole game for me really.
I don't think the deal was officially announced completed until the day after deadline day. I'm assuming that's why.

I've started a MM in Spain's 2nd division, with Hércules CF. So far so good, with two wins in my friendlies (Cartagena and Huesca). Both were against other 2nd division teams. Next i have Mallorca and then Aston Villa and then the season starts after that.

The board at barca are a joke. they threaten your job every week if you dare to draw a single game.

Back
Top Bottom