Resident Evil 4 Remake - PC/PS/XB

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Although several people listed it as one of their favourite games of all time, there doesn't seem to be a thread for it.

Played the Chainsaw demo last night and graphically it is the same as the other RE remakes, but runs at insane FPS on PC.
Have purchased the game already from CDKeys, so really looking to playing it as never played the original release on GC.

Tried the PC demo too, the game looks stunning compared to the PS4 version, the game is clearly downgraded on PS4 compared to RE2 & RE3makes.

Having a decent FOV slider helps this time around in comparison to the classic version of the game.

Its nothing to play like the og RE4, this has RE2R controls and enemy HP. You cant take on a bunch of ganados with the handgun.
Im curious how balanced the game is on later stages because IMO RE2R gameplay does not fit fighting hordes of enemies.

Really impressed about the graphics on this one. Probably the second best looking game I played after Rdr2. As @bsmaff mentioned, the demo seems really well optimized as FPS are high on native 4k with everything maxed out and RT on my rig.
I feel about @gabe.paul.logan concern about the gameplay, as fighting the horde in the village felt really chaotic. But there is surely a learning curve.

I didn't find fighting the horde chaotic, but this might be down to choosing to use keyboard and mouse and how easy it was to pick out headshots.
The performance though is easily the best optimised version of RE using the new engine, when I disabled V-Sync, I never dropped below 150FPS and mainly averaged 180 with some parts running around the lodge at the beginning getting into the 190s and even went over 200 a couple of times.

The demo was decent although incredibly short, would of preferred it possibly double the length.

I didn't find fighting the horde chaotic, but this might be down to choosing to use keyboard and mouse and how easy it was to pick out headshots.
The performance though is easily the best optimised version of RE using the new engine, when I disabled V-Sync, I never dropped below 150FPS and mainly averaged 180 with some parts running around the lodge at the beginning getting into the 190s and even went over 200 a couple of times.

The demo was decent although incredibly short, would of preferred it possibly double the length.

Wahoo those numbers are crazy. Mine were mostly around 90fps with everything at the maximum.
As for the fighting mechanics, I am using a ps5 controller. When my enemies were close to me I found it was a bit confusing to avoid them and to move around. Didn't manage to pass the chain saw dude yet. But the only RE I played is the PS1 one so I am not familiar with the game mechanics at all.

Wahoo those numbers are crazy. Mine were mostly around 90fps with everything at the maximum.
As for the fighting mechanics, I am using a ps5 controller. When my enemies were close to me I found it was a bit confusing to avoid them and to move around. Didn't manage to pass the chain saw dude yet. But the only RE I played is the PS1 one so I am not familiar with the game mechanics at all.

You will get used to the mechanics, I would try mouse and keyboard and see how you get on.
As in trouble getting a quick head shot in makes it much easier, but then I am not sure if the controller has auto aim like most games do.

Lol i through it was the 5 Remake in another post.

I'm good with the HD version personally, but it's a good move for youth to discover the game remastered to fits to actuals standards.

Game is getting some incredible reviews, so can't wait to play it for the first time next week.

Digital Foundry have done a report on the demo.

Every remake of Resident Evil has been solid. The classics were great, but the remakes have given more life to this franchise. RE4 remake and SF6 are the two games from Capcom that I am mostly looking forward too.

I am having good fun playing this one. Just started the chapter 3 and I am slowly getting the hang of it. The game is superb and runs really smoothly.

Every remake of Resident Evil has been solid. The classics were great, but the remakes have given more life to this franchise. RE4 remake and SF6 are the two games from Capcom that I am mostly looking forward too.
Agree with the remakes. All the one i tried were solid and very beautiful, great for youth who didn't know how it started and as very nice remake by keeping the exact Mansion or Panel, for us who discovered the game in 1995. I know there's HD remake, but i would love a remaster of a Devil May Cry too, third person and upped to the current gen. Loved the 1st and the 2.
I'm perhaps alone, but i'm a fan of the 3 with the Nemesis, when you enter in a dark small alley and you ear "STARSS.... STARSS..." you run like you got diarrhea to toilet
It's the shortest version but the most pressuring to me of all. That's probably why i loved it (even more than the 2, yes i know you got to finish the 4 story but i don't care)

The issue is about the future. To me Resident Evil stopped with the 4th version. Then it became a first shooter person with far less survival ingredients.

Now about SFV, it was a quality game... But the content was like a F2P which cost 79.99 Euros for a mini roster and zero mode except online. I like what Capcom make since forever but in Street Fighter case it never has changed (like brought a full version for 4 more character and turbo, then the same with some new moves called "Super". But YES they work a lot on the balance)

So, about Street Fighter, it's just an advice as someone who brough it, i took it as promtion 39.99 or something like that... Not even story mode or arcade Ending, no new characters added after one full year and half : all offline based. Story mode was out... I don't even know, and Character story Arcade i got no idea.
That's clearly the type of game to play on VS against human so it's normal that online was put in front. But the best way to train is offline and levelling harder the difficulty.

Last edited:
Probably around 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way through the game as just finished Chapter 9.

I am not sure if I missed something when this game was first released, but I am not quite understanding the massive hype over this game and why many reviewers have given it a 10/10 and absolutely love it.

It is a good game, but it isn't as good as RE2.
Better than the 3 Remake, but then that was let down by the fact you could complete it in an afternoon.

RE4 started off good but then I got to the castle and it is going downhill, I am just finding it a grind at the moment with Chapter 8 especially could of been completely cut from the game and I wouldn't of noticed or cared.

Bought the game today so I didn’t play enough to judge it. Only thing I can say as of now is that even hardcore mode feels a bit easy to me. Graphically it’s a 10/10 tho.

I completed it a couple of weeks ago and the game was very good, although personally I don't know what all the fuss is about.
The game was very good but certainly not a 10/10 or even remotely one of the top 10 games I have played - It isn't even the best Resident Evil or best Resident Evil remake.

I just finished the game tonight. Took me something like 25 hours on standard difficulty. Got the B grade, the worst.
I enjoyed my time with the game, but nothing absolutely extraordinary. I did found the rhythm between fighting moments and quite moments to be a bit too predictable. So I barely ever jumped on my chair.

Back
Top Bottom