South American Futebol Thread

onbisu said:
both of them play for santos, and the team's coach, leao, said that robinho is the best brazilian player since 50's

lol

i wonder if he knows a player called ronaldinho, or romario, ronaldo etc etc...

leao sometimes is just stupid.

fedechamp said:
plesase,could someone inform me a bit about Ederson Honorato Campos,from Internacional de Porto Alegre????
i heard he is a wonderful player..like kaka...it's really???
:roll:

fedechamp said:
plesase,could someone inform me a bit about Ederson Honorato Campos,from Internacional de Porto Alegre????
i heard he is a wonderful player..like kaka...it's really???
:roll:
He's a good player, has a great deal of ability, but i believe that the comments are very exaggerated still, the same with Felipe of Flamengo.

yes Fred_Gavioes, robinho has a great potential but it is not fair to compare to many other excelentet brazil players since 50's

it means like robinho is the best since peleh, leao is crazy

hibsfc said:
Sorry i dont really know much about south american football but i read that Santos striker RÓBGOL has been linked with a move to Hibs. I seriously doubted this but can anyone say if he is any good or not?

Thanks a lot

This guy Robgol (whose real name is Robson) is a good striker. I don't like him too much, cause he lacks a bit of technique, ball control, etc. But other than that I got to admit he's got a natural talent for scoring. He's very good with headers too, so I think he could be really useful in the Scotish Premier League

Hey anyone who has SkyDigital should tune into channel 431 ever Friday at 1:30 in the afternoon... They show Argentine games and there upto date. ISports TV it's called. Also Record TV (830) shows Brazilian Serie B games on Saturday nights and Sunday.. Round about 11:30. There showing the best games from last season at the moment tho. Palmeires were incredible and are well worth the watch when on.

PALMEIRAS!! PALMEIRAS!!
:)

onbisu said:
yes Fred_Gavioes, robinho has a great potential but it is not fair to compare to many other excelentet brazil players since 50's

it means like robinho is the best since peleh, leao is crazy

Robinho can probably become the best player since pele, in tricks, dribles, and these stuff. He has more technic than ronaldinho, but he's a lot weaker

Of course Leão says the best of the players of his team, that is his personality. Argues with anyone that he thinks that is bad for Santos.

As for Diego, it is been a long time since he has played well. He's been substituted almost every game. He has way too much publicity on top of him.

In my opinion, the best player in Santos squad today is RENATO, and noone says anything about him. Other brasilians here can agree. He is likely a better Pirlo or Seedorf. Soon he will be a brazilian squad staple.

And Kaka is simply amazing. too bad São Paulo sold him for nothing :(

thiago said:
Robinho can probably become the best player since pele, in tricks, dribles, and these stuff. He has more technic than ronaldinho, but he's a lot weaker

Of course Leão says the best of the players of his team, that is his personality. Argues with anyone that he thinks that is bad for Santos.

As for Diego, it is been a long time since he has played well. He's been substituted almost every game. He has way too much publicity on top of him.

In my opinion, the best player in Santos squad today is RENATO, and noone says anything about him. Other brasilians here can agree. He is likely a better Pirlo or Seedorf. Soon he will be a brazilian squad staple.

And Kaka is simply amazing. too bad São Paulo sold him for nothing :(

i don't think robinho is better than ronaldinho in technic

diego is a great player and he will play good again

renato is very good, some people in brazil say he is nothing like paulo almeida, but he is playing very well, the best in the squad after robinho for me

santos has the best squad in brazil today

Seems that Venezuela have carried on from where they left off in the 2002 qualifiyers. Its still 4 automatic and 1 in a play off as far as i know and i really don't think qualifiying is out of the question. Getting beaten at Altitude in Ecuador and losing at home to Argentina is nothing to be ashamed of. Theres a good interview on Fifa.com with the coach if anyone wants me to post it.

My G/F was born in Caracas and has family living out there. It sorts of makes up for Porugals loss too. She started throwing cushions at the tv when they were beaten by South Korea!

Bob

-

Uruguay 0-3 V'zuela: Hosts shocked

MONTEVIDEO, March 31 (Reuters) - Venezuela pulled off yet another upset in the World Cup qualifiers on Wednesday with a comprehensive 3-0 away win over Uruguay - a scoreline which would have been unthinkable until just a few years ago.

Gabriel Urdaneta fired Venezuela in front with a spectacular first-half strike before Hector Gonzalez and Juan Arango scored second half breakaway goals as Uruguay fell apart.

The hosts twice hit the post in the first half and Deportivo Coruna striker Walter Pandiani missed an easy chance when his team were only 1-0 down.

Venezuela, until recently considered cannon fodder for other South American teams, have made an astonishing improvement in three years under coach Richard Paez.

The latest win, their third in a row in the South American qualifiers, left them with nine points from five games and took them above Uruguay, who have seven.

Uruguay coach Juan Ramon Carrasco, who has made a habit of chopping and changing his team, produced another surprise by recalling defender Dario Rodriguez after a one-year absence and handing him the captaincy.

Venezuela played the more coherent football from the start and were rewarded with Urdaneta's goal in the 19th minute.

WASTED CHANCE

Uruguay defender Gonzalo Sorondo won possession from Arango but the ball went straight to Urdaneta, whose 25-metre left-foot shot went in off the post.

In reply, Uruguay's Alvaro Recoba crashed a free-kick against the crossbar and Rodriguez struck the post with a rasping shot shortly afterwards.

Diego Forlan and Javier Chevanton both missed close-range chances set up by Recoba before halftime as the home side continued to press.

However, Uruguay goalkeeper Gustavo Munua prevented further disaster when he parried three shots in quick succession during the same Venezuela attack.

Pandiani, who replaced German Hornos at halftime, wasted Uruguay's best chance when he fired high and wide from point-blank range after Forlan ran to the byline and crossed.

Uruguay's desperation cost them their second goal as the entire team went on the attack and were caught out by a quick clearance.

Alexander Rondon broke clear, ran 50 metres and slipped the ball to substitute Gonzalez, who tapped the ball into the empty net with his first touch of the match.

Gonzalez himself broke down the right to lay on an easy third for Arango in the 78th minute.

Uruguay's misery was complete when defender Diego Lopez was sent off for a second bookable offence in the 75th minute.

He had been lucky to escape with just a yellow after a crunching tackle on Rondon in the first half.

Argentina 1-0 Ecuador
Goal by Crespo
Paraguay 0-0 Brasil
Bored match :roll:
Uruguay 0-3 Venezuela
:shock:
Bolivia 0-2 Chile
:shock: too
Peru 0-2 Colombia
:l

1. Argentina 11
2. Paraguay 10
3. Brasil 9 +2
4. Venezuela 9 0
5. Chile 7 +1
6. Uruguay 7 0
7. Peru 5
8. Ecuador 4 -1
9. Colombia 4 -7
10. Bolivia 3

Our third ranking finished in winningeleven.com about the TOP 10 American Players, this is:

25879.jpg
Ronaldinho.jpg
vale193.jpg
17387.jpg
64775.jpg

51675.jpg
40329.jpg
Saviola.jpg
Solano.jpg
D'Alessandro.jpg

1. Ronaldo (Brazil & Real Madrid) - 803
2. Ronaldinho (Brazil & Barcelona) - 748
3. Pablo Aimar (Argentina & Valencia) - 535
4. Roberto Carlos (Brazil & Real Madrid) - 425
5. Kaka (Brazil & AC Milan) - 367
6. Claudio Pizarro (Peru & Bayern Munich) - 229
7. Alvaro Recoba (Uruguay & Inter) - 217
8. Javier Saviola (Argentina & Barcelona) - 169
9. Nolberto Solano (Peru & Aston Villa) - 132
10. Andres D'Alessandro (Argentina & Wolfsburg) - 116

The complete ranking here: http://www.winningeleven.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8709 (is the third)

Olimpia (Paraguay) 1-1 Coritiba (Brasil)
33' Capixaba (Coritiba)
44' Rodrigo López (Olimpia)

Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina) 1-0 Fénix (Uruguay)
25' Rolando Bianchi (Vélez Sarsfield)

Once Caldas (Colombia) 2-1 UA Maracaibo (Venezuela)
32' Mariano Martínez (UA Maracaibo)
34' Elkin Soto (Once Caldas)
78' Arnulfo Valentierra (Once Caldas)

Glavisted said:
Our third ranking finished in winningeleven.com about the TOP 10 American Players, this is:

25879.jpg
Ronaldinho.jpg
vale193.jpg
17387.jpg
64775.jpg

51675.jpg
40329.jpg
Saviola.jpg
Solano.jpg
D'Alessandro.jpg

The complete ranking here: http://www.winningeleven.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8709 (is the third)

ahh i saw your rankings(all 75), but no Landon Donavon, At least he could be in the last 25.... I would think, hmm borgetti was in there, according to some he sucks, i have him highly rated :)

did anyone watch the santos game last night (played on the 12th i think), diego was awesome. if there is a god, he will come to spurs !!!

on the subject of santos, what do you guys think about leo ? i was quite impressed when i saw him last year, he looked like carlos on speed. im not too sure how well hes done this year though.

was the boca game any good btw. its being shown here tonight. is it worth staying up for/recording ?

what about luis fabiano as well, surely he will get a move to europe before long ?

discuss. ;)

sau paulo vs rosario central the match where all the players and fans are fighting from this weeks copa de libaroris is on channel 4 now!!!!

or it might not be!

Does Santos have green and black jerseys? Cause if they did I watched them and I didn't see or hear Diego or Robinho's name (or I just wasn't paying enough attention), they lost 3-0

Simmsm88 said:
Does Santos have green and black jerseys? Cause if they did I watched them and I didn't see or hear Diego or Robinho's name (or I just wasn't paying enough attention), they lost 3-0

Santos' jersey is all white and the second one is black and white stripes.Probably you watched another team.Santos losts yesterday 1-0 by Atletico PR.

Hi mates,
Could you explain to me the Argentinian championship system that in force? Why there is Apertura and Claousoura different tables standings for Copa Libertadores and Soundamericana different standings for each championship and different standings for demotion?

vagelis said:
Simmsm88 said:

Santos' jersey is all white and the second one is black and white stripes.Probably you watched another team.Santos losts yesterday 1-0 by Atletico PR.

The Mexican team Santos wears green and black. ;)

vagelis said:
Hi mates,
Could you explain to me the Argentinian championship system that in force? Why there is Apertura and Claousoura different tables standings for Copa Libertadores and Soundamericana different standings for each championship and different standings for demotion?
It's very strange, for Libertadores classify the champions of Apertura and Clausura of the last year, a complicated system. :roll:

csaunders said:
Glavisted said:

25879.jpg
Ronaldinho.jpg
vale193.jpg
17387.jpg
64775.jpg

51675.jpg
40329.jpg
Saviola.jpg
Solano.jpg
D'Alessandro.jpg

ahh i saw your rankings(all 75), but no Landon Donavon, At least he could be in the last 25.... I would think, hmm borgetti was in there, according to some he sucks, i have him highly rated :)
That's because the most of the voters are latin american users of Spain, Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Chile...

Another sudden death in Football :(

Sudden death syndrome struck Brazilian football on Wednesday night.

Serginho, a defender with São Caetano, collapsed and died during the second half of his side's match against São Paulo.

The awful scenes have been repeated almost non-stop on Brazilian TV and the tragedy has been the main talking point in the media and on the streets.

So far the debate has generated more heat than light.

It has been confirmed, though, that tests were carried out on the São Caetano players early this year and it was discovered that Serginho had a heart problem.

It is not clear, however, whether the extent of the problem had been misdiagnosed, or whether the club and player were fully aware of the risks of playing on.

How could a 30-year-old athlete die in this way? Was football to blame?

Roberto Assaf, one of Brazil's leading pundits, tried to explain and wrote: "Whether they want to or not, footballers are forced to administer a daily dose of demands and obligations which are different from those of the ordinary worker.

"Supporters, directors and the media demand results; the frequent physical effort requires all sorts of measures to take care of the organism and the body; there is an excessive amount of travelling and there is the need to sustain families, which can be numerous and problematic."

This last factor - the only one not directly associated with the game - may be especially significant.

Cardiologist Fernando Cruz has recently written a book with a title that translates as Sudden Death in the New Millennium.

Following the death of Serginho, Cruz commented that "athletes from Brazil and Africa frequently face the same problem - they come from humble backgrounds, with little structure behind them, and they need to sustain 12 or 14 people in their family".

To a greater or lesser extent, the pressure for results has always existed in football.

So too has the travelling and the need to keep fit but what is comparatively new is the amount of money that can be made out of the game.

Salaries have increased massively - deservedly so since it is the players who provide the spectacle.

But, especially for players from the Third World, where poverty is rife and prospects are bleak, this brings an extra stress factor.

A few decades ago there is no way that someone like Serginho would have been expected to take care of an extended family as his earnings from football would not have made this possible.

Serginho's weekly wage was reported to be in the region of £2,000 - peanuts by European standards but a goldmine to all but a tiny minority of his compatriots.

Half of Brazil's workforce earn £15 or less a week and this is the kind of Brazil in which Serginho grew up.

One of 10 brothers and sisters, he was described as 'under-nourished' by his first coach.

In a world economy brutally divided into winners and losers Serginho was born on the wrong side of the line.

By virtue of his own talent and dedication he managed to cross over to the other side. But for how long?

If he stopped playing his chances of maintaining his lifestyle were minimal.

Perhaps he would slide back towards poverty - such a bitter journey after a few years in the spotlight.

And what of his son, and the rest of his family?

It would hardly be surprising if Serginho was aware of the risks but chose to play on anyway.

I suspect that what killed him was not football - it was the lack of alternatives for the poor of the Third World.

R.I.P

Sudden and sadly a new case adds to the previous of Marc-Vivien Foé and Miklos Féher.

Q.E.P.D.

and fadiga of bolton recently, thank heavens he survived it.

may all RIP

-fb

its really sad what happened to serginho, my condolences to his family.

this picture was taken after serginho left the game to go to the hospital. captains of both teams decided to stop the game, because they couldn't play for emotional reasons.

32004102800063615serg2705g.jpg

i have pictures of him falling in the field. but i dont think its necessary. R.I.P serginho. :(

Actual standings of the Brazilian league (Campeonato Brasileiro - Série A) are:
1. Atlético Paranaense: 42 games, 81 points, 24 victories - 9 draws - 9 losts, 84 goals
2. Santos: 42, 79 p, 24 - 7 - 11, 91 goals
3. São Paulo: 42, 75 p, 22 - 9 - 11, 71 goals

Only 4 games to the end of this year's championship.
The first 3 qualified teams have a place in next year's Copa Libertadores da América.

Cheers
"Rilé"

Back
Top Bottom