STR said:
ghazi said:
SulphuricX said:
Barca Real, indenfitely

Someone should make a poll
barca real
Inter AC (milan derby)
Arsenal Chelsea (london derby)

Ii never heard the term DERBY till this year, but doesnt it mean 2 teams from the same town/playing eachother? If so, how is Barcelona-Madrid a derby?

All of you need to remember that every time you make a minor mistake you confuse the American! :D

Those aren't derbies. Hotly-contested battles, no doubt, but not technically derbies. Derbies are matches between teams from the same city/town/region.

I agree with STR. Atletico - Real is a very strong game, with two teams from the same town. Note also that most of the times a game is a real derby when the weaker team plays home.

Its impossible to say what the biggest derby is and pointless at that, to me the Manchester derby is the biggest but if your from glasgow it'll be rangers V thistle, if your from Bristol it'd be Rovers V City etc etc.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Its impossible to say what the biggest derby is and pointless at that, to me the Manchester derby is the biggest but if your from glasgow it'll be rangers V thistle, if your from Bristol it'd be Rovers V City etc etc.

I agree, if you're involved in a big derby others may not feel apassionate but to you it's a big deal.

My team Platinum have a cup quarter final derby against our big rivals Barking Borough. I doubt however you lot feel as excited about the game as I am. :mrgreen:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Yeah it seems to me that you've just made the most sophisticated post.

vespa said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Yeah it seems to me that you've just made the most sophisticated post.

Don't be silly, Vann doesn't do sophisticated ;)

PAOK Salonica vs Olympiakos Pireus is a 'welcome to hell' kind of derby.The bigger team of North Greece face the bigger club (and champion for the last 7 years) of South Greece. Believe me guys none of you would like to come as a visitor in Toumba (PAOK stadium).

normal_01B008.JPG

normal_01B002.JPG

01B004.JPG

normal_PAOKosfp0203.jpg

normal_paok_gavros_kyp0203_10.jpg

You can see that not only football players take lpace on the pitch but police,too.
normal_paok_gavros_kyp0203_22.jpg

normal_paok_gayros_0203

normal_01F012.JPG

normal_paok_pao2002_logo.jpg

The police again.

normal_PAOK_vazelos_0203_stroumf

normal_paokaek0102_panygiria.jpg

normal_PAOK_aek_9900_kolash.

SOME PICTURES AROUND EUROPE

HIGHBURY

normal_06A005.JPG

normal_06A002.JPG

PSG

normal_06H001.JPG

Sunderland v Newcastle is one of the best
not being biased in any way but the passion of north east football is hard to match in England
Celtic v Rangers is one that stands out, also Liverpool v Everton and Manyoo v City are big games

Milanista said:
Milan-Inter always wins it.

3-2 with the super come back!
Pfft, they play in the same stadium, they sell each other players as easily as if it were to any old club, they may as well be one club :mrgreen:.

Stuart said:
I still think the biggest derby in the World is Madrid and Barca
mate, its NOT a derby
a derby is 2 teams geographically close to each other.
your refering to games like Manyoo v Arsenal etc where the teams hate each other but arent near

Derby v Forest is the most important to me, and I'm lookin forward to playing Leicester next year. Ah I can still hear those chants of "Leicester are shit" around pride park lol

ClassicD said:
Also, it makes me laugh when people say "Barcelona vs Real Madrid", "Liverpool vs Man Utd", "Man Utd vs Arsenal", etc - they're not derbies :roll:.

yip i agree that should be liverpool v everton. ect proper derbys ppl
as for slaging off old firm derbys even uefa have said they regard the old firm derby and the milan derby as the top derbys in europe if not the world.

Arsenal vs Spurs is a very bitter derby. I dare say there are better derbies in football, but Goons vs Yids is a real spiteful occasion. Loads of fouls, football of a generally low standard but all the same there's been some great drama over the years! 5-4 last season, plus winning the league at the lane the year before! :D I must have done something good in a previous life.

Joystick said:
Arsenal vs Spurs is a very bitter derby. I dare say there are better derbies in football, but Goons vs Yids is a real spiteful occasion. Loads of fouls, football of a generally low standard but all the same there's been some great drama over the years! 5-4 last season, plus winning the league at the lane the year before! :D I must have done something good in a previous life.

I would say that the 5-4 was the best DERBY games i have seen in a while. i took my girlfriends brother to the pub to watch it and he hates footie but after that game he now has an obsession with going to the pub every weekend and watching a game. it didn't take him long to relise that football isn't like that all the time and the final nail in the coffin was the return match at the Libery were the game was rubbish!!

I enjoy all derby games though as they all have that somthing extra 'bout them.

the CLassico is the most entertaining game though

Back
Top Bottom