The jobs/school thread

what are you doing exactly?

I install servers and systems into schools, hospitals, power stations and businesses around the UK and offer IT support to the company's that have contracts with us. I also visit the oil rigs that are in British seas and monitor their IT systems.

Mixed news today

Got made redundant today from my admin job, and gonna be hard to get a new one when all my GCSEs are D's.

Good news though, got a letter accepting me for a Foundation Degree at University in Computing.

Not sure what Foundation Degrees are worth, but a mate of a mate did it in his 30s after spending his life cleaning windows and is earning a fortune now.

I have just graduated from a Foundation Degree in computing!

Although I'm not planning on using it at the mo because I have just taken up an internal sales job at a local company and am enjoying it.

Always good to have because if you wish to get your full honours in the future, you can, and it will only be a one year course.

Just out of interest Nick, where are you going to be studying?

Not sure what Foundation Degrees are worth, but a mate of a mate did it in his 30s after spending his life cleaning windows and is earning a fortune now.

a foundation course saved my ass!

i went to grammar school mate, but was booted out after my GCSEs because you needed to pass 4 of them to go into 6th year and do your a-levels.

i only passed 3 GCSEs so was told not to come back (a B in maths and 2 Cs in english language and computer studies). that was in 1989.

10 years later, i got a second chance when i managed to get on a foundation course in 1999. that then got me into queen's university in belfast to do a computer science degree in 2000. i jacked university in after only 3 months and went on the dole for a couple of years, doing shit jobs here and there.

the fact that i simply went to a university got me a job as an air traffic controller and i now earn an absolute fuckin' fortune.

don't worry about it mate - do that foundation course and get your head down. you don't need GCSEs to make it in the real world, just so long as you've got a bit of motivation and a bit of common sense, you'll be okay...

I recently finished a BTEC National Diploma in Media at college.

Mixed summer for me....

messed up two interviews earlier in the summer at Deloitte and Ernst and Young. Kiss the corporate arse....no thanks =.=' always next year......

Yet I managed to achieve a first for my 2nd year of my economics degree...:D

They are degree levels.

1st
2nd Class Uppere aka 2.1
2nd Class Lower aka 2.2
3rd class etc....

That still means nothing to me :lol:

We have masters and bacholars over here with each having a "with honours" if your grade average is good enough.

Got my AS grades today!!!

Maths A
Economics A
Chemistry A
History B - got raped! Im going to get this remarked to get an A! Edexcel are known to be dodgy sometimes.

Good luck to everyone else :D

Good results ashmufc!

Well i'm still waiting for my BTEC in IT first year result. I'm hoping i get between 36 to 40, so my second year won't be stressful for me.

Back
Top Bottom