The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Who appreciates pizza with pineapple??? (I am a pizza lover)
It's great with some curry powder and a bit of mustard. Yeah, I'm gonna burn in hell for that :D But actually, my favorite pizza is a homemade one with bacon, paprika, onion and the tabasco sauce. Italians, does that sound like an improvement?

What pisses me off? Drivers who don't stop before the crosswalk when I'm already on the effing road. Do you want to kill me or what?

Caveat is Latin Mate, its been around a lot longer than Thee & Me. :P
I am amazed, that i never ever heard it up till around, the last ten years or so. Not even at school. :D

You know what it's like up north, we have a different dialect, not like these, southern softy fancy Dan's. :P Hey up! what's all this Caveat twaddle?? Speak properly man! Tha sounds daft thee does. :SAL:

So. Starting every bloody sentence with so. What's that all about? Watch The Chase, at least 50% of the contestants when they are about to do the quickfire questions reply to Bradley Walsh asking them what do you do with So, I'm a...
So...no chase tonight?

Funny how language moves in cycles. "Oh my days" is an interesting one. Ten years ago that would've been something a stuffy grandparent would mutter. Now, all the rage.

Doesn't piss me off necessarily, but how about acknowledging that the rebranding of flip-flops as "sliders" and cleaning as "detailing" is absolutely genius.

You know what it's like up north, we have a different dialect, not like these, southern softy fancy Dan's. :P

By North you mean Watford, right? :D I remember years ago playing Crystal Palace, I think it was, bad foul by their player met with, "You dirty Northern bastards." :LOL:

Just about perfect here today, about 22/23 degrees bit of wind (not me, the weather).

Funny how language moves in cycles. "Oh my days" is an interesting one. Ten years ago that would've been something a stuffy grandparent would mutter. Now, all the rage.

Doesn't piss me off necessarily, but how about acknowledging that the rebranding of flip-flops as "sliders" and cleaning as "detailing" is absolutely genius.
I wonder how long? maybe an 100 years and it will be back to words such as "Unhand that woman, you bounder!". (except a few England fans who are still mastering grunting).

I could never get my head around words like "Sick" for good, i had only just got used to saying "Bad" for good, from my yoof!
Even words like "Thats the Shit" you could never confuse the word in this way by saying shite.....

The yearly swarm of flying ants.

Think it will have been mentioned in here before, but I hate them. Really irrationally violently.

Just drove to check in on the parents, and 12 of the bastards flew into the windscreen and splattered everywhere. They are surprisingly explosive.

The mother fakin temperature, 40 degrees Celsius, and hit 45 latter....anyone seen the lava in my backyard??

One of the things that made my BBQ miserable. Embarrassing to say as it was "only" 30°C or thereabouts, but that's insane for the north east of Scotland. But we're so starved of the sun that any time it appears you're duty-bound to get out in it. But one of outcomes of being starved of it is that we can't handle it. There is nothing fun about sweating while standing still.

One of the things that made my BBQ miserable. Embarrassing to say as it was "only" 30°C or thereabouts, but that's insane for the north east of Scotland. But we're so starved of the sun that any time it appears you're duty-bound to get out in it. But one of outcomes of being starved of it is that we can't handle it. There is nothing fun about sweating while standing still.
And in this heat - bbq itself is like deepest pit of Hell. Whenever im getting closer to flip the meat im like
AgonizingGlisteningKomododragon-max-1mb.gif

And in this heat - bbq itself is like deepest pit of Hell. Whenever im getting closer to flip the meat im like

It makes no sense. It's hot, so what do you do? Stand around a hot fire to make hot food.

Of course, being where I am, despite it being a scorcher, it was still windy enough to blow things over and into the neighbour's garden. And it rained overnight so everything I left out is soaked.

This is why I'm an indoor boy.

Nah, there was no wind here at all, nowhere to hide. For good part of a day I was lying on the patio between two dogs.
20210717_165052.jpg
I know this is not mid 40's, the way @slamsoze has, but anyone living on our islands know its a different kind of heat here. Whatever reason - whether its an angle to the sun, or humidity - anywhere from 25+ is like a sauna, cooking you alive. I remember getting sunburn at 12°C before, in fucking October!
Same with winters. I remember winter on the mainland being -27 (in 2006 or 2007).
It didnt feel as cold as -5 here. Wind during winter goes right through you..
Anyway, back to filling up the pool. :LOL:

Nah, there was no wind here at all, nowhere to hide. For good part of a day I was lying on the patio between two dogs.
I know this is not mid 40's, the way @slamsoze has, but anyone living on our islands know its a different kind of heat here. Whatever reason - whether its an angle to the sun, or humidity - anywhere from 25+ is like a sauna, cooking you alive. I remember getting sunburn at 12°C before, in fucking October!
Same with winters. I remember winter on the mainland being -27 (in 2006 or 2007).
It didnt feel as cold as -5 here. Wind during winter goes right through you..
Anyway, back to filling up the pool. :LOL:

Amen, brother:

20210717_165052.jpg

It wasn't even a nice breeze yesterday. Just a warm, intermittent gust that would give you all the chaos without any of the cooling benefits.

Happy to have a gentlemanly 15° today.

I've often thought it would be much easier to just cook the stuff in the oven and then eat it outside instead of having a nuclear furnace warming up an already overheated garden.

I've often thought it would be much easier to just cook the stuff in the oven and then eat it outside instead of having a nuclear furnace warming up an already overheated garden.

My parents used to do an annual barbecue for a score of friends and family and there was some precooking involved in the oven, with it being stuck on the barbie for the final flourish. BBQ enthusiasts will no doubt baulk at the idea, but for a herd of pissed idiots it's just the job.

I like bbq. Not only from food perspective, but social.
See I usually end up outside, minding the bbq for the duration of the event. Every now and then I just bring the food, have a wee chat and then back out.
..Which suits me perfect since most people irritate me.. :LOL: :LOL:

The endless apocalyptic reporting on news websites and papers………deeply depressing reading any of it…..even trying to stay away from it feels impossible
It is too much mate isn't it. In fact it gets that depressing, a part of me relish's the day i pop off, so i don't have to hear it anymore. What happened to just enjoying your everyday life. Life was a lot simpler without the internet, now we have "experts" all over the place. Some telling you one thing and another telling you the opposite.

Here's a thought. Why don't they keep their mouths shut and do what they think is right for themselves. Too many self appointed saviours nowadays.

Life was a lot simpler without the internet, now we have "experts" all over the place. Some telling you one thing and another telling you the opposite.

I find it amazing how many experts there are about pandemics seeing as none of them have been through one before. Not to mention they all have different opinions!

Always reminds me of this sketch in regards of over complicating :D

I find it amazing how many experts there are about pandemics seeing as none of them have been through one before. Not to mention they all have different opinions!

Always reminds me of this sketch in regards of over complicating :D

Exactly that, Matt. :LOL: interfering twat. Surprised he never made it to chancellor :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom