The TV Show Thread

Started watching Banshee. I barely remember a pilot episode where so much happens, it's insane. It's promising, but I have to watch a few more eps. Not sure why but something about the mood of it makes me see it as having a serious and down to earth tone, with morally gray characters, where the fact is, it is very fantastical, complete with a Bond-y villain which happens to have an extremely Bond-y side villain. Oh and there is another main villain as well, because this is quite bonkers at times.
Fun to see Anthony Starr play a different role than Homelander, he is a great leading man here. And completely plausible that every female character in the show wants to bang him (and they frequently do).

Fun to see Anthony Starr play a different role than Homelander
I'd argue that homelander and sheriff Hood are quite similar. He's an absolute nutjob in it.
One of my ever favourite series.
And they made just enough episodes to close everything out properly, while it was still an interesting watch and didn't start to drag.

1708034764871.jpeg

Anyone going to be watching Shogun when it airs?
Not been really excited for a tv show since Game of Thrones so I’m hoping this is going to live up to my expectations.

I got excited till I saw a Disney+.
I don't think they have released one good TV series thus far.
Was trying Percy Jackson recently and it's one of the worst things I have seen in the last 5 years. It's baffling how can someone pick such bad actors..

I got excited till I saw a Disney+.
I don't think they have released one good TV series thus far.
Was trying Percy Jackson recently and it's one of the worst things I have seen in the last 5 years. It's baffling how can someone pick such bad actors..
You didn’t like any of the Star Wars tv shows?

Isn’t Percy Jackson like a show for teens or something? It’s probably why you didn’t like it lol

You didn’t like any of the Star Wars tv shows?

Isn’t Percy Jackson like a show for teens or something? It’s probably why you didn’t like it lol
I liked Percy Jackson movie. Like Greek mythology. So it's not that. It's just crap.

As for Star Wars - I'm not a fan of the franchise in general, so I can't blame Disney on that.

I liked Percy Jackson movie. Like Greek mythology. So it's not that. It's just crap.

As for Star Wars - I'm not a fan of the franchise in general, so I can't blame Disney on that.
I too like Greek mythology but can’t say I watched Percy Jackson because it never interested me. I’ve never really found a GREAT Greek mythology movie. I watched clash and wrath of the titans back in the day but I found that to be mediocre.
There’s probably a space for a really amazing Greek mythology tv show with big budget and top actors. I’m still waiting for it.

Well if you don’t like Star Wars then yeah there’s not much else that interests me on Disney apart from Shogun. It’s worth noting that they bought it from FX so it’s not really a Disney created show, which means the hype might actually be real. Guess we shall see

It’s worth noting that they bought it from FX so it’s not really a Disney created show
See I'm a little bit pissed off at Disney for this very reason.
Punisher was one of the best shows on Netflix. Very dark, very brutal.
Then Disney came and bought all the Marvel stuff and Netflix had to discontinue it.
And for what? What can Disney ever do with Punisher? Sure as fuck they wouldn't continue the dark and brutal way Netflix had it. So yeah - I'm still very salty about this.

And I agree with you about Greek mythology. There is a lot of potential for some high budget, serious and dark show.

..but Percy the movie was decent.. ;)

See I'm a little bit pissed off at Disney for this very reason.
Punisher was one of the best shows on Netflix. Very dark, very brutal.
Then Disney came and bought all the Marvel stuff and Netflix had to discontinue it.
And for what? What can Disney ever do with Punisher? Sure as fuck they wouldn't continue the dark and brutal way Netflix had it. So yeah - I'm still very salty about this.

And I agree with you about Greek mythology. There is a lot of potential for some high budget, serious and dark show.

..but Percy the movie was decent.. ;)
I see your point with them still buying up all the IPs they can buy however when Netflix fist came on the scene they literally bought every crappy show they could. In the instance of shogun it will air on Hulu in the US I think, which I’m not sure we have in the uk. So if Disney didn’t buy it then I’m sure some other company would have. At least we get to see it this way (legally)

I just remembered a show I like on Disney and it’s Welcome to Wrexham. That’s been pretty good so far imo. Obviously it’s a reality show but yeah.

Even I had wachting on Disney+ Shogun first episode and I liked it. But it is a bit difficult to follow the story because ~ 80% are in japanese with german subtitles.

Ok just finished watching the first two episodes of Shogun and I think it’s frikin fantastic.

@Carles P. English subtitles for me 😂
I think it needs to be subtitled for the Japanese parts otherwise I think it would be a bit weird to the plot since what seems to be an integral part of the story so far is the translators!

Everyone avoid the spoiler if you’ve not seen it:
When the Heretic is locked up in the prison and he’s talking to that old man I was saying to myself “This old guy seems familiar”. As I continued watching it popped into my head. “It’s Bucho from the movie Desperado!”

Also after first two episodes and this might be first Disney TV Show that I'll enjoy. Really beautifully done, serious and bloody. So far so good.

Also after first two episodes and this might be first Disney TV Show that I'll enjoy. Really beautifully done, serious and bloody. So far so good.
Ah good! Glad you’re enjoying it.
Let’s hope it carries on being good throughout. Could possibly be the next “big tv show” but we shall see.

Ah good! Glad you’re enjoying it.
Let’s hope it carries on being good throughout. Could possibly be the next “big tv show” but we shall see.
Have you ever seen Marco Polo?
It had similar vibes to this.
I loved it and got so annoyed when Netflix cancelled it. Cost of making it outgrown them.

Have you ever seen Marco Polo?
It had similar vibes to this.
I loved it and got so annoyed when Netflix cancelled it. Cost of making it outgrown them.
No not heard of it. Looked on google and it says it only ran for two seasons and cost 200mil.
I’m guessing it wasn’t massively popular then if they cancelled it. Doesn’t mean it isn’t good of course. Bad marketing?

I'd argue that homelander and sheriff Hood are quite similar. He's an absolute nutjob in it.
One of my ever favourite series.
And they made just enough episodes to close everything out properly, while it was still an interesting watch and didn't start to drag.

I think it's not just the different hair but I never think of Homelander when I am watching Banshee. Starr is able to be a lot more nuanced here.
I am about halfway into season three and I am finding some of the plot threads to be heading in some less interesting ways, especially with the fringe characters. But the main protagonists are always fun.
I put it in a spoiler because some characters have been killed off but Job is a treasure. What a fun character.

No not heard of it. Looked on google and it says it only ran for two seasons and cost 200mil.
I’m guessing it wasn’t massively popular then if they cancelled it. Doesn’t mean it isn’t good of course. Bad marketing?
Typical Netflix. No marketing. Released entire show at once, some people binged it and moved on and others missed it entirely.
I was one of those who missed it entirely and only watched it last year.
I highly recommend you giving it a go. Even tho it got cancelled after two seasons - it's still one of the best shows I have seen.
It's basically Last Samurai X Game of Thrones.

I think it's not just the different hair but I never think of Homelander when I am watching Banshee
I watched Banshee first and I've seen a lot of similarities.
Yes, Homelander is over the top, but they are both unpredictable and complete nutjobs.

Can not wait for Amazons "Fallout". And Shogun still fun to watch.

Anyone seen Severance? I'm half way through the season and still not sure what the fuck am I watching.. :LOL:

Anyone seen Severance? I'm half way through the season and still not sure what the fuck am I watching.. :LOL:
Severance is completely amazing, one of the best TV shows for me in recent years. I did find it only started to click in the 2nd half of the season, need to re-watch it to be honest

I’ve been watching Two and a half Men. Womanising and crude humour. It’s completely unacceptable in todays world and completely hilarious too. Judge me how you will 😂

Back
Top Bottom