The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I have The Witcher 2 in my Steam library having picked it up very cheaply at some point, but have yet to really get stuck into it. I should probably get round to playing through it before this iteration arrives.

Ugh, so torn - I'll take a delayed game over a broken game anyday but god I was looking forward to this as a winter release.

Looks great! This is a day one buy, for sure, specially now that they revealed that game won't have Ubisoft-like parity bullshit.

It has the potential to be one of the best games ever. And maybe the end of the game proves a great ending for an epic saga, because the end of the books was a bit rushed and didn't feel good enough compared to the previous 6 books.

It has the potential to be one of the best games ever.

True that. It looks superb, but two things will be key for me: will the combat systems be deep, varied, and evolved enough to last dozens of hours; and will the game do a better job than other open world adventure games at weaving open world game elements with core story parts?

Can't wait.

True that. It looks superb, but two things will be key for me: will the combat systems be deep, varied, and evolved enough to last dozens of hours; and will the game do a better job than other open world adventure games at weaving open world game elements with core story parts?

Can't wait.

Exactly the same thoughts I have about it, only taht you use words like "weaving" that make it sound better :D

I read the story for Witcher 1 and bought Witcher 2 for the 360 to try and finish before this comes out (it looks sensational, GTA with swords).

Really struggling with the fighting mechanics though, it's one of the toughest games I think I've ever played. Hope they change for the new one...

Yeah, I don't usually skip training segments, I'd rather know how to play the game. I get it, but before I'd even got out of the first chapter I died about 20 times - mostly at the bit where the dragon appears (won't mention any spoilers, don't think the fact that there's a dragon is a big one :P).

When blocking only softens the blow rather than negates it, and then you get surrounded by 3-4 people (and at the moment above none of my "party" were helping me out whatsoever, despite the fact that they were clearly supposed to), it's incredibly difficult.

I'll keep at it though, it's certainly a better system than "spam the attack button" Skyrim anyway.

Yeah, I don't usually skip training segments, I'd rather know how to play the game. I get it, but before I'd even got out of the first chapter I died about 20 times - mostly at the bit where the dragon appears (won't mention any spoilers, don't think the fact that there's a dragon is a big one :P).

When blocking only softens the blow rather than negates it, and then you get surrounded by 3-4 people (and at the moment above none of my "party" were helping me out whatsoever, despite the fact that they were clearly supposed to), it's incredibly difficult.

I'll keep at it though, it's certainly a better system than "spam the attack button" Skyrim anyway.

You just need to dodge a bit more rather than try to block or parry everything. Use your ranged magic as well to trap foes or knock them off balance/flame them.

Other than that, once you start upgrading and get deeper into the game it gets easier.

Can't wait is an understatement.

I am all consumed at this point.

The next Batman game due a month after the Witcher3 is dead to me at this point.

I will worry about that game in the X Mas time of the year.

Single player heavenly glory lives on.

Any one want the PC version for £10, otherwise will list it on eBay..

I got it with my GTX 970 and not interested in having the game on GOG, if it was steam would of used it.

Wow, this does look good.

Although like someone said earlier, not sure if I'd enjoy all this pre-battle stuff.

Never played any of the other games or such, so know nothing on it, but looks brilliant to look at and I love a story. :D

FD

Totally immersed at this point halfway through The Last Wish and will pick up Blood of Elves mid-week. No more trailers of leaked footage or game play walk through on youtube. Just let me out into the world so I can explore.

I could never get going on these because my PC was never good enough. Witcher 2 was completely unplayable - only game I had that problem with 3 years ago or whenever it was.

Will wait and see what real people feel, not surprised review rigs can handle it.

Any one want the PC version for £10, otherwise will list it on eBay..

I got it with my GTX 970 and not interested in having the game on GOG, if it was steam would of used it.

I'll take it if it's still available? Can't pay until Friday though?

For those keen on this, Amazon are currently selling a GTX 960 SSC with a free digital download of this.

Convinced me. Upgrade time!

Back
Top Bottom