Tomb Raider Underworld

Oli

Gooner
1 September 2002
London
Arsenal
I played the demo of this the other week and really liked it but didn't carry on incase it spoiled anything. Always been a fan of the Tomb Raider games. Anyone else played the demo or buying this?

There's a demo?! Yeah I'm buying this without a doubt, always been a massive fan of Tomb Raider and Lara, and the trailers looking amazing.

Also, it's rumored that
Natla from TR1 and Amanda from Legend are in it!
Which makes me super excited for this game. I wonder why those two are in it, at least one of them is definitely, because at the end of one of the trailers you can hear them speaking. :)

Played the demo, couldn't figure it out! :LOL: Just got stuck on the damn boat, went exploring climbed up onto a ledge and stuff but there was nothing up there? :SS

Probably won't get this as I only ever play FIFA or Rock Band.

there were some spiders up there tim and you could go on after that?

demo spoiled nothing, played it to the end, just some random killing of tigers and nice level design show-off.

a very solid game and a good comeback of lara, first part i played since III, and i really enjoy it. my sister is a huge fan of this so i'll get it for her and might play it a bit myself :)

I loved the first title - but the second and third just turned me off. I hated that it went from exploring ancient places into killing people. And then most people took 50 shots so all you did was run around them in circles while they ran the other way shooting at each other.

The first game did annoy me when the T Rex came ... but then i let that slip by and then you fought mummies and then that giant blog of shit at the end and then the woman with wings... and people kicked off at Uncharted having a curse that turned people into savage beats!

I loved the first title - but the second and third just turned me off. I hated that it went from exploring ancient places into killing people. And then most people took 50 shots so all you did was run around them in circles while they ran the other way shooting at each other.

The first game did annoy me when the T Rex came ... but then i let that slip by and then you fought mummies and then that giant blog of shit at the end and then the woman with wings... and people kicked off at Uncharted having a curse that turned people into savage beats!

:BOP: get down...

This game's a must for me. I've always bought all Tomb Raider games. Demo was very impressive in all aspects. Read a short review on IGN forums from someone that got an early copy from Walmart and his impressions of the game were "This is a must have". I beleive his words since the Demo showed a lot of promise.

£17 on play - how is it? Is it set in Corrie for all of the game or does lara branch out to other soaps?

Though in all seriousness - how is the game, better than uncharted? better than previous games?

I think it's really good, haven't played Uncharted though I want to, so I can't say on that front. Some unexpected twists definitely. There is a few bugs though, i.e invisible walls in random places BUT they don't make the gameplay shocking or anything. The graphics are gorgeous to look at and Lara's banzongas are bigger. For the lads, of course. The ending leaves me baffled, but it looks like there is another game a coming. A must buy if you enjoyed the previous titles, and for £17? Bargain.

Good game, i finished it last night. I have been a fan since the first one on the PS. Lara has loads more moves and abilities in this game now. I really liked the different environments too. The graphics look lovely on my 360.

I hate games with 'boss' battles and this doesn't have any, that i would classify as such. Previous versions did and i felt those games had veered off the original course of TR. It's more like the TR of old, with more emphasis on exploring and puzzle solving. For those who get stuck, you can go into your inventory and get a hint of what to do. Or if you're really stuck, you can go one further and get told what to do.

The downside is maybe it's a bit short.

Last edited:
Good game, i finished it last night. I have been a fan since the first one on the PS. Lara has loads more moves and abilities in this game now. I really liked the different environments too. The graphics look lovely on my 360.

I hate games with 'boss' battles and this doesn't have any, that i would classify as such. Previous versions did and i felt those games had veered off the original course of TR. It's more like the TR of old, with more emphasis on exploring and puzzle solving. For those who get stuck, you can go into your inventory and get a hint of what to do. Or if you're really stuck, you can go one further and get told what to do.

The downside is maybe it's a bit short.

Is it very linear Proff, is there one way to complete every level and that's it...?

Hey, I hope you get this and it's not me on your ignore list...:CRY:

Lol, it's not you.

I found there were occasions where you could complete a task in the way you see fit. For example you have to do something, but you don't have to do it in a particular order. But on a whole, i suppose it is reasonably linear yes. It doesn't bother me too much though, as it's more about studying your environment and trying to work out the puzzles.
A very enjoyable TR though. I've always been a fan of Lara. Perhaps just a nostalgic thing :D

Finished it. This was the last beautiful and a blast to play tomb raider game I have played since the old ones. I truly enjoyed almost everything about this game and give it a 9.0 for a final score.

Well worth my dinero and a memorable one to add to my library.

Just got the book for this game, with the walkthrough and what not, there's some really interesting stuff in it. 2 characters were actually taken out of the story, a 33 year old guy called Professor Peter Eddington and his niece Jessica. Apparently they took it out due to them making the story too complicated. They also took out an additional artifact called the Eye Of Odin, the pictures of it look really nice, kinda wraps around Lara's head.

Obviously it tells people playing it on the 360 how to get every single achievement, shows where every treasure is and how to get all the relics, which I think is great seeing as they are really hard to find. On top of that there's loads of gorgeous artwork in the book, story boards etc. A must buy for big fans of the game series I think.

Last edited:
Just bought this game t'other day.

Liking it so far (though most of my playing time has been filled by Gears 2).

It's very Uncharted like, though with a little more thought required about certain things, and some things that you sarcastically say 'I knew I had to do that all along' - think the serpent thing near the start

Graphics are beautiful, especially on PS3. (A multiplatform game that is better looking on PS3 than 360 WHAT!? :CONFUSE:)

Lara is in fine fettle with these visuals, and it seems finally back to decent in the gameplay stakes as well. Not been this good since Tomb Raider 3 or 4.

Graphics are so lifelike and very immersive along with the sound. I played the game with all help assistance options turned OFF. Some levels took me a bit longer, but very satisfying to figure out in the end.

I hope the next Tomb Raider series continues this successful path on current and next gen consoles. I just can't picture a console without a Tomb Raider game.

After Rad's post asking about the music, and then me thinking it may have been used in Tomb Raider, and then me watching videos on YouTube, I now want to buy this game!

Will get the demo again and play on that, see what I think.

I went back to this t'other day and I'm seriously pissed off.

The save has reverted back to really early in the game and judging off FAQ's and such like, I was more than half way through when I last saved it.

Eugh.

Is that on the 360? That used to happen to me a lot. I think it's to do with you quitting the game while it's still loading/accessing hard drive etc. Just make sure you quit to the main menu fully before you quit the game. I must have started again on Mirror's Edge four times due to it not saving properly.

Completed the demo earlier today and loved every minute of it :)). Except when some tigers scared the shit out of me :LOL:. Ordered the full game for £15.95 just now :)).

Yeah brand new from an eBay shop for £15.95 with free postage :TU:. I can look up the shop/sellers name if he wants?

Does anyone know when the trophies are due to come out? Completed this on the 360 but will gladly play through it again for some lovely trophies :).

Yeah it adds new levels and tasks. The DLC was pretty good but I found it a little repetitive. 'Lara's Shadow' is better than 'Beneath the Ashes' though.

Yeah two separate chapters. If I remember correctly they were about 800 points each, so it depends if you're really into it or not. It was a bit of an impulse buy for me at the time.

Back
Top Bottom