UEFA Champions League 05/06 Thread

1 May 2003
Berlin
Besiktas
i think fener will go trough this time.(i hope they dont)

but in the secound round they will get teams like milan, chelsea, real etc

so, they will get thrashed :twisted:

hahahahhaha :mrgreen:
 

Revan

out the window
8 August 2003
Madeira, Portugal.
FC Porto
Time to revive this thread as the CL starts tomorrow!

Matchday 1 14 September 2004

Arsenal - PSV
Panathinaikos - Rosenborg
Celtic - Barcelona
Shakhtar - Milan
Inter - Bremen
Valencia - Anderlecht
Porto - CSKA Moskva
PSG - Chelsea

Perspectives for great matches imo are Arsenal - PSV and Celtic - Barcelona
 
F

footieBalla

Guest
grav3digg3r said:
Time to revive this thread as the CL starts tomorrow!
safe to say, you really dug this baby back out! :lmao: 8-[

anywho,

Matchday 1 14 September 2004

Arsenal 3-0 PSV
*Arsenal are riding a wave of confidence now, its gonna take more than a sub-par, sub-manned dutch club to beat them

Panathinaikos 2-1 Rosenborg
*I dont know enough about rosenborg to make an accurate guess, but i know pana will field a strong side

Celtic 2-3 Barcelona
*Barce aren't in bad form, considering they have merely started their season in la liga, but celtic have cruised through the SPL already so this should prove as a rude awakening... larsson with the winner!

Shakhtar 0-2 Milan
*i mean, how can milan drop three against shakhtar? i think, however, the home side will use their crowd to give milan a run for their money

Inter 1-1 Bremen
*the german champs dropped three points recently (right?) in the bundesliga and inter drew even in their domestic match, soo i think both sides will find that they're missing their shooting boots, 1-1 here

Valencia 2-1 Anderlecht
*double winners shouldnt have trouble beating the belgium club. however they will probably find that they will sit on a 2-0 lead, and watch anderlecht come back and fail to equalize in the last moments

Porto 2-2 CSKA Moskva
* well well, dreaded porto, too confident, and they'll come up short, even though they dominate the match. moscow arent a soft side, and because of this, porto's new look side will have trouble

PSG 1-3 Chelsea
*PSG tend to only do well in the ligue 1, which is unfortunate. chelsea are in decent form, still unbeaten in england. perhaps pauleta will get one, but then start firing blanks like he did in euro2004

-fb
 
L

Lionheart

Guest
footieBalla said:
grav3digg3r said:
Time to revive this thread as the CL starts tomorrow!
safe to say, you really dug this baby back out! :lmao: 8-[

anywho,

Matchday 1 14 September 2004

Arsenal 3-0 PSV
*Arsenal are riding a wave of confidence now, its gonna take more than a sub-par, sub-manned dutch club to beat them

Panathinaikos 2-1 Rosenborg
*I dont know enough about rosenborg to make an accurate guess, but i know pana will field a strong side

Celtic 2-3 Barcelona
*Barce aren't in bad form, considering they have merely started their season in la liga, but celtic have cruised through the SPL already so this should prove as a rude awakening... larsson with the winner!

Shakhtar 0-2 Milan
*i mean, how can milan drop three against shakhtar? i think, however, the home side will use their crowd to give milan a run for their money

Inter 1-1 Bremen
*the german champs dropped three points recently (right?) in the bundesliga and inter drew even in their domestic match, soo i think both sides will find that they're missing their shooting boots, 1-1 here

Valencia 2-1 Anderlecht
*double winners shouldnt have trouble beating the belgium club. however they will probably find that they will sit on a 2-0 lead, and watch anderlecht come back and fail to equalize in the last moments

Porto 2-2 CSKA Moskva
* well well, dreaded porto, too confident, and they'll come up short, even though they dominate the match. moscow arent a soft side, and because of this, porto's new look side will have trouble

PSG 1-3 Chelsea
*PSG tend to only do well in the ligue 1, which is unfortunate. chelsea are in decent form, still unbeaten in england. perhaps pauleta will get one, but then start firing blanks like he did in euro2004

-fb
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Inter will have a small win over Bremen.
 
F

footieBalla

Guest
yea, it seemed i had a whole lot of nothing to do today, so i just came up with those scores

-fb
 

gerd

Retired Footballer
8 January 2002
Over the moon
KRC Genk, Spurs
I think Shakhtar could win against Milan.
They could be the surprise package of this CL.
I watched them against Brugge in the qualifier and i was very much impressed (and although Brugge is far from the best team in Europe they still managed to beat Milan last year, well Shakhtar is a lot stronger than that Brugge team).

I think Celtic will win against Barcelona, they're so strong in their home matches.
It will be a very emotional evening for FD and Classic since Henke is coming back. I'm sure he will receive a mighty tribute from the best bunch of fans in the world...Fanatic but fair.
 

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
gerd said:
I think Shakhtar could win against Milan.
They could be the surprise package of this CL.
I watched them against Brugge in the qualifier and i was very much impressed (and although Brugge is far from the best team in Europe they still managed to beat Milan last year, well Shakhtar is a lot stronger than that Brugge team).

I think Celtic will win against Barcelona, they're so strong in their home matches.
It will be a very emotional evening for FD and Classic since Henke is coming back. I'm sure he will receive a mighty tribute from the best bunch of fans in the world...Fanatic but fair.

Me too, I think at best Milan will pick up a draw, for me I can't see Milan beating them.

Hope Celtic can get a result, I would take a draw, but from what I've seen of Barca we might get a little chance. Here's hoping.


FD
 
S

Strijdkever

Guest
Matchday 1 14 September 2004

Arsenal - PSV

Toughest match for PSV in the group, any point taken here is a point more than I think. 3-1.

Panathinaikos - Rosenborg

I also don't know much about Rosenborg, and Panathinaikos isn't very strong. 1-1.

Celtic - Barcelona

Celtic have won all their games in SPL till now, Barcelona are missing Ronaldinho. Still they have more class. 0-2.

Shakhtar - Milan

Don't think this will be hard for Milan. 0-3.

Inter - Bremen

Bremen haven't recovered from losing Ailton. Inter started their season very bad but should be able to win. 1-0.

Valencia - Anderlecht

Anderlecht is always an outsider in any group I think. But Valencia are too much class. 3-1.

Porto - CSKA Moskva

Porto have lost too many players from their winning team. Moskva is always trouble. 0-0.

PSG - Chelsea

I think this will be a draw, Kezman will score his first goal in the CL for like 1000 minutes I hope. 1-1.
 

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
Celtic haven't ever lost in the CL at home, the last team to beat us at home in Europe was Ajax 1-0, goal from Wamberto (agg 3-2 to us, this was 3 years ago). The run has to come to an end sometime, not sure if it will be tonight. Ronaldinho is yet to play competitively this season, even from the bench, so Rijkaard may think it will be a risk throwing him into this match, but I doubt it. Barcelona have a tremendous attack, but they are even weaker than Real Madrid in defensive midfield. The only decent DMF they had was Motta, he's out for 6 months. Xavi plays that position but he is not a defensive player. If Celtic can put them under pressure they should get something, and they will need to because I'm certain Barcelona will not miss their chances this time.

Arsenal - PSV: I think Arsenal should win this match, although they always seem to start poorly in the CL (last season were thought to surely be eliminated after just 3 games).

Panathinaikos - Rosenborg: Draw or away win, goal from Harald Martin Brattback.

Shakhtar - Milan: 1-0 win for Milan or 0-0. Shakhtar are going to be real tough to beat, but I can't see Milan conceding.

Inter - Bremen: Can Inter finally stop underachieving? I think Adriano will score and they will win.

Valencia - Anderlecht: Home win. Valencia have a fortress-type home ground in Europe, very tough. They made a lot of good buys this summer, although they have a new boss. Anderlecht won't be strong enough overall I think.

Porto - CSKA Moskva: Be interesting to see how Porto go this year, looking forward to seeing Diego and Luis Fabiano. CSKA have a few good attackers (Wagner Love and Ivica Olic), but defensively they're not great. Porto should win it.

PSG - Chelsea: Another real interesting match. Chelsea seem to have more solidity about them this year, defensively they are far better but at the same time don't score many goals considering the team they have, maybe Mourinho will really take off in the CL. PSG have added Rothen and a few players from around France, but the best they can hope for is a draw I think.
 

Vannizzlefashizzal

TWENTYTIMES!!!!
31 October 2002
fd1972uk said:
Ronaldinho is playing tonight.


FD

quality!

Sayin that I'm not sure how he'll perform away from home specially at Celtic with their home crowd and record.

This is the game im looking forward to most this week (even more than my own team we're that bad!!)
 
G

Glavisted

Guest
Matchday 14th September

I believes:

Arsenal 3-2 PSV Eindhoven (I hope Jefferson Farfán will play)
Panathinaikos 1-0 Rosenborg
Celtic 0-1 Barcelona (With goal of Henrik Larsson)
Shakhtar Donetsk 0-2 AC Milan (Easily for the Italian team, apparently)
Inter de Milan 1-0 Werder Bremen (Adjusted)
Valencia 3-0 Anderlecht
Porto 2-1 CSKA Moscu (Good beginning of the champions)
Paris Saint-Germain 1-2 Chelsea (the match of Didier Drogba)
 

Revan

out the window
8 August 2003
Madeira, Portugal.
FC Porto
i'm a porto fan, and I don't see a great start for porto. having lost some important players, the team will take time to assimilate the ideias of the coach! I see a draw, or a close 1-0 win, porto has good defense so it's gonna be hard to get a goal against them!
Inter should win, Arsenal will likely win this game but not as easy as evey thinks.
Panathinaikos should win cause at home they are a very hard side, Barcelona that are IMO one of the top fav to win the cl, probably will win, and the trio up front should make some serious damage (Deco, Ronaldinho, Larsson).
Valencia should have a good day, and chelsea will win with 2-0 most likely with Drogba being the man of the match! :)
 

Vannizzlefashizzal

TWENTYTIMES!!!!
31 October 2002
Not sure if anyone goes to CL away games but they have changed the procedure at United.

You now get informed that your application has been successful, you get given a voucher type thing that you have to take to a hotel on the day of the game, then on producing your passport etc you get ya ticket.

Its feckin bonkers, like I said im not sure ifts a United or UEFA thing.

Has this happened to anyone else??
 
G

ghazi

Guest
For Yankees,

ESPN2 is showing the Real Madrid - Leverkusen game at 2:30 eastern time on WEDNESDAY.

SOme pubs are carrying the PSV-Arsenal game today, too. (Henry and Beasley on the same pitch. . . dream come true!)
 

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
PSG the shame of the French clubs !!!

PSG : 0
Chelsea : 3 (Terry 29', Drogba 45' 75')

Arsenal : 1 (Costa 43 og)
PSV : 0

C'MON GUNNERS !!
 

Revan

out the window
8 August 2003
Madeira, Portugal.
FC Porto
as i expected Porto went for a draw... 0 - 0 with CSKA.
and Arsenal had a tought time as i thought, and chelsea won easily.
Milan with the typical 1-0 win.
Inter did what it had to do, Valencia so on..
no surprises imo!

Results:
Matchday 1 14 September 2004
Arsenal 1-0 PSV
Panathinaikos 2-1 Rosenborg
Celtic 1-3 Barcelona
Shakhtar 0-1 Milan
Inter 2-0 Bremen
Valencia 2-0 Anderlecht
Porto 0-0 CSKA Moskva
PSG 0-3 Chelsea
 

cartman

League 2
4 July 2004
teams that impressed me tonight after watching highlights were

Barcelona who were awesome apart for a 10-15 min spell after equalizer

Chelsea played well but PSG were terrible

Valencia looked comfortable as well

only seen goals from other matches ;)
 

Revan

out the window
8 August 2003
Madeira, Portugal.
FC Porto
Matchday 1 - 15 September

Liverpool - Monaco
Deportivo - Olympiacos
Leverkusen - Real Madrid
Roma - Dynamo Kyiv
Ajax - Juventus
M. Tel-Aviv - Bayern
Fenerbahçe - Sparta
Lyon - Man. United

expecting a good matches in Leverkusen - Real Madrid and Ajax - Juventus, should be nice to see...
 
F

footieBalla

Guest
wow, ajax juve... there are soo many coincidental matches in the CL this year (porto - mourinho, celtic - larsson, and now ajax - zlatan)

anyway, i want to see how the scouse fair in their match. that could be good, as well because of monaco's exodus of good players

-fb

ps and of course, united - lyon :D
 

Revan

out the window
8 August 2003
Madeira, Portugal.
FC Porto
Liverpool - Monaco
really hard to tell cause in one hand we have liverpool in a bad shape, but on the other a new formed team in monaco with new signings such as saviola, but morientes and giuly leaving... i expect a draw or a win by monaco.

Deportivo - Olympiacos
Deportivo should have this one, but the prob is that "once upon a time" they got 8 from monaco wich means they are an inconsistent side!

Leverkusen - Real Madrid
Real should have this one cause this leverkusen is nowhere near as the one that played the cl final against RM.

Roma - Dynamo Kyiv
Roma should win, but the fact that they have lost emerson might prove to be a problem, but a 1-0 win. Totti in a good day and it should be a snack

Ajax - Juventus
uuuu zlatan heading home... kinda like larsson, juve is back on track so a win is expected. (wonders if zlatan will score)

M. Tel-Aviv - Bayern
easy ride for the german side, only a disaster will make them loose this game.

Fenerbahçe - Sparta
very even game... can't tell who's gonna be the winner (they have alex right?)

Lyon - Man. United
hum, man utd should win. is Van back in action? maybe fergunson will rest ronaldo for this one.
 
F

footieBalla

Guest
grav3digg3r said:
Lyon - Man. United
hum, man utd should win. is Van back in action? maybe fergunson will rest ronaldo for this one.
i would advise SAF not to do that, three points is critical

-fb
 

gerd

Retired Footballer
8 January 2002
Over the moon
KRC Genk, Spurs
Watched Valencia-Anderlecht yesterday...
Boy, that Valencia is good and clever. The 2-0 result doens't do Valencia no justice In the second half the ref disallowed a perfectly valid goal for Valencia. It's a long time i saw ANderlecht being dominated like that (in fact , the last time they were humiliated like that was against Celtic, but i think Valencia can be as impressive in away matches too, Celtic not...in fact i think that Valencia would easily beat Celtic).
Very clever tactics from Ranieri too. He played with Angulo and Aimar (he was outstanding) as forwards, but on the pitch they really didn't play as forwards and the very young Anderlecht CB's (16, 18 and 22) never know what to do. They followed Angulo and Aimar all over the pitch and so ther were huge gaps for Vicente, Albelda, Rufete....i was very impressed...

I don't think Anderlecht will stand a chance in this tough group...maybe if they can win all three home matches...

About tonight, i see that the Man Utd fans on this forum are quite confident. I'm afraid that they will be once again in for a big disappointment. Olympique Lyon are a very good team (in fact, during last years CL i was more impressed by them then by Monaco) and Man Utd is a shadow of his former self.... The best thing for United would be an elimination this will ends the Ferguson sooner. He's the problem at Man Utd.
 
Top Bottom