UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

deftonesmx17 said:
I took this from a post over at soccergaming.tv, it seems they have made an effort to enhance the graphics a bit.....

Yeh that is a good thing I suppose.

Another problem with the faces is that from a certain distance they seemed to switch to a generic face. This probably has something to do with the games LOD indicator, much like in PES/WE games.

Also, is it me but do the UEFA pics looks less shiny than Fifa 07? Seems a little more realistic. If only PES on nextgen could look this good...

the graphics aren't any better really, nice and shiny, but not realistic.

why can't they get the player models and kit models right?mutated apes with baggy shorts, why?

still maybe they'll sort the passing and shooting out so it's plays well, cause they had a decent-ish engine at least with 07

the graphics aren't any better really, nice and shiny, but not realistic.

why can't they get the player models and kit models right?mutated apes with baggy shorts, why?

still maybe they'll sort the passing and shooting out so it's plays well, cause they had a decent-ish engine at least with 07

Agree models need improvement, however I prefer this graphics rather than the PES Next Gen graphics. With an improved gameplay, better camera angles, trick stick, and smooth net animations, I will be in heaven with this game. ;-)

Fix the shooting, the non-existant heading, the nets, the player models, add dynamic weather, and I'll be happy

Just the refs and the inconsistent keepers for me (the shooting is great, you just have to know when to do it - as for the heading, I'd say that needs fixing because I hate this as well, but I've read several people say there's a knack to it, and I have to admit that when I press the button just before it reaches a player's head, as opposed to seconds before, he does seem to head it)!

And lower-league teams for FIFA 08 :)

I agree with what most people are saying here. The heading can work in 07, but it just never feels as though the player makes good contact like it does on PES...something to do with the animations i suppose. I am hoping for dynamic weather, harder volleys, better heading, better refs and goalkeepers. Fixing Martin Tylers terrible commentary would go a long way as well...

I agree with what most people are saying here. The heading can work in 07, but it just never feels as though the player makes good contact like it does on PES...something to do with the animations i suppose. I am hoping for dynamic weather, harder volleys, better heading, better refs and goalkeepers. Fixing Martin Tylers terrible commentary would go a long way as well...

I still have a feeling that although things are looking good for cosmetic changes, I cant see a whole new revelation with the gameplay.

I can barely remember playing the last Champions League game, but Im sure it played a little differently to the normal Fifa games. That was mainly due to it being made by a different team. I hope thats not the case this time as Fifa 07 was a good game.

If all goes well this version will be a stepping stone to a fantastic version of Fifa 08 later in the year.

If all goes well this version will be a stepping stone to a fantastic version of Fifa 08 later in the year.
I really, really hope so. I will be absolutely gutted if EA don't take the fantastic work done on FIFA 07 and work on it's weaknesses. But you've got to expect the worst, haven't you? :(

The last time they did that, though, they looked at the complaints like "the crowd don't move", "the hair doesn't move" and "the scoreboard doesn't show the actual score". There was an interview with a developer a few years ago, and I remember thinking then "this is why FIFA will never catch up to PES", as the guy was quoted as saying something along the lines of "we're listening to our fans, and as a result of that, goalkeepers can now tackle, but unfortunately they still can't get sent off".

But they do have a new team now, and I still play FIFA 07 regularly (I've not played PES for something like two months now), so hopefully this is the sign of a turnaround at EA.

According to various websites, FIFA read peoples complaints on various forums and have tried to fix what people bitch about.

Good. Seems like EA want to give fans what they want, while Konami give people the same old flawed shite every year.

I can see Fifa taking over PES very soon, it's already better in many ways.

The last time they did that, though, they looked at the complaints like "the crowd don't move", "the hair doesn't move" and "the scoreboard doesn't show the actual score". There was an interview with a developer a few years ago, and I remember thinking then "this is why FIFA will never catch up to PES", as the guy was quoted as saying something along the lines of "we're listening to our fans, and as a result of that, goalkeepers can now tackle, but unfortunately they still can't get sent off".

But they do have a new team now, and I still play FIFA 07 regularly (I've not played PES for something like two months now), so hopefully this is the sign of a turnaround at EA.

The Fifa devs should come to forums like this to see what we hate about Pro Evo, so they can fix what we hate in their game.

I think EA is on the right track with FIFA and hopefully will get closer to glory with UEFA Champions League. They are trying to please their hard core futbol fans and I really appreciate that. Eventually, they will strike Gold and get it right and that will be the end of NOKAMI and Winning Eleven/PES versions for good.

By the way, last night I played Futbol Kingdom for hrs. I had a blast! even though the gameplay is not as good as WE, however the freedom of players on the pitch, long balls, pitches, shooting, and passing was Ace!

Why NAMCO didn't continue to make this game is beyond me..

If anyone knows where I can find a patch for this game I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
I'm seriously going to start playing SWOS again for a while - it's really weird to me how the game still appeals ten years on, when the gameplay in FIFA is obviously better. I just love playing three-minute matches and then fiddling with transfers etc. for three minutes afterwards. No complications. Besides, on FIFA 07's career mode, I'm constantly getting sacked...!

I'm on Windows Vista at the moment though, which isn't a friend of DOS, so it looks like I'll have to get the Amiga out of the loft...

heres the text I pulled out of the EA Sports press release my mate got sent to him:

EA SPORTS said:
Product Description

Feel the weight of history as you walk out to a deafening roar and onto the biggest stage in club football. In the cauldron-like atmosphere of a stadium alive with the dreams of thousands, take on the most formidably talented footballers in Europe – and outplay them. Here is the ultimate test. Here history is made. Write yourself into legend with the only official UEFA Champions League™ videogame for the Xbox 360.

UEFA Champions League™ 2006-2007 boasts a completely new way to battle for the most prestigious trophy in club football. Collect, trade and play your way to European glory with a unique card system that allows you to hand-pick everything from your squad members to your match strategy. Build your dream team, back it with carefully-selected Staff, Training, Morale, Fitness and Healing cards, then deal killer Gameplay cards at key moments to influence games.

On the pitch, a completely overhauled game engine means that players are sharper than ever. Thanks to a more fluid, pacier movement system, they perform more incisive, defence-splitting one-twos, first touches and through passes with a ball that’s even more responsive to every touch.

With four challenging game modes to test your skill at the top level, it’s down to you to rewrite UEFA Champions League history.

Key Features

• Ultimate Team Mode: Build your Ultimate Team by collecting player, staff and gameplay cards then foster Team Chemistry through effectively organising your squad. Accumulate Staff, Training, Morale, Fitness and Healing cards to gain the tactical edge, then deal killer Gameplay cards at key moments during a match. Trade online your unwanted cards or trawl the market for the ones you need to complete your title-winning team.

• Take on the World’s Best: For the greatest rewards, put your managerial ability and your mastery of the pitch to the test by playing and trading online.

• UEFA Champions League Challenge: Recreate and reshape the greatest moments of UEFA Champions League history. Tackle some of the most memorable moments from various stages of the UEFA Champions League tournament for a shot at a variety of demanding Final scenarios.

• UEFA Champions League Tournament: Recreate or customise the real-world groupings of the official UEFA Champions League tournament, then lead your team out of the group stages and on to continental glory. Beat any existing UEFA Champions League record to write yourself into the prestigious History Book.

• The Lounge: Invite up to seven mates into Lounge mode to battle for Euro-supremacy. Use Lounge cards to shoot your Ultimate Team to a top-of-the-leaderboard finish and unlock a stack of rewards. Then refer local rivals to your win/loss record to bring home the bragging rights.

Whats this 'completely overhauled game engine'? They mean from Fifa on PS2 right? Im also keen to know what the hell these cards are.

The over-hauled Game engine is a line EA have used for years though. The cards are something you get everytime you win, no doubt they are kinda playing a card you have to reduce fatigue on your team, or give you keeper super jumping powers or what not. Expect FIFA 08 Card Battle come autumn.........

This card stuff sounds a bit rubbish to me tbh, just get the gameplay sorted and you'll be fine, no need to come up with gamecard fluff.

Its not motson its the ITV gay. I like townsend though.

Crossing still looks floaty :(

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous, but essentially, no different. While you can't tell about the gameplay without playing it, I would bet a fair amount of money that crossing is exactly the same looking at that video. Which is really fucking poor.

I'm still dying to have a go, though, just to see if it is improved!

Last edited:
I noticed a few things right away from that short video that were different from FIFA 07.

The bumper car BS collisions with your players didnt really happen at all!

Replays are much better and it wasnt a camera from behind the goal!

They showed a replay of a shot that was blocked not just missed shots!

Even simple things like those are signs of progress and thats all I'm really concerned about, progress!!!!!!!

Last edited:
True - I was looking out for the "bumps" and I didn't see any. I'd be more excited but A) the crosses do look the same, which annoys me because I don't want to volley all of the time, and B) there's no Champions League teams that really excite me (being a lower-league supporter) - at least FIFA 07 had England.

But hopefully there is further improvement before the game's release - I remember the FIFA 07 demo being good, but the final game being even better, which was a very pleasant surprise. And if it is better, then by the time FIFA includes my team again, it will be fantastic! :D

Back
Top Bottom