Uefa Europa League 2013/2014

ye it's very messy when situations like this happens, but i have exactly no sympathy for Salzburg, this club is everything that is wrong with football and tbh they probably got the easiest team in play-offs Žalgiris Vilnius) its unusual for me to be sticking up for UEFA but they cant really ban teams that match fixed for next season because they might not even qualify, and then there would be no punishment for them. the only option was to deal with the appeals ASAP but that didn't happen and now the whole thing is a fucking mess..

anyway draw is going on atm and alot of uk vs russia going on..

swansea - kuban krasnodar
wigan - kazan
spurs - anzhi

also swansea - valencia with hernandez going back to mestalla should be interesting.

Group A: Valencia, Swansea City, FC Kuban Krasnodar, FC St. Gallen
Group B: PSV Eindhoven, GNK Dinamo, FC Chornomorets Odesa, PFC Ludogorets 1945
Group C: Standard de Liege, FC Salzburg, IF Elfsborg, Esbjerg fB
Group D: FC Rubin Kazan, Wigan Athletic FC, NK Maribor, SV Zulte Waregem
Group E: ACF Fiorentina, FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, FC Pacos de Ferreira, CS Pandurii
Group F: Girodins de Bordeaux, APOEL FC, Eintracht Frankfurt, M. Tel-Aviv
Group G: FC Dynamo Kiev, KRC Genk, SK Rapid Wien, FC Thun
Group H: Sevilla FC, SC Freiburg, Estoril Praia, FC Slovan Liberec
Group I: Olympique Lyonnais, Real Betis Balompie, Vitoria SC, HNK Rijeka
Group J: SS Lazio, Trabzonspor AS, Legia Warszawa, Apollon Limassol FC
Group K: Tottenham Hotspur FC, FC Anji, FC Sheriff, Tromso IL
Group L: AZ Alkmaar, PAOK FC, Maccabi-Haifa FC, Shakhter Karagandy

Yes, obviously they shouldnt match fix, but at the same time cutting teams out at random times in the middle of the competition messes the whole thing up. Take Eintract Frankfurt, they were a pot 2 team until 9am this morning, when APOEL (a team that has been knocked out of Europe twice already this summer) were made "lucky loser", now Frankfurt are a pot 3 team as APOEL have been given a lifeline by UEFA.
No, Eintracht Frankfurt was never a 2nd pot team, Fenerbahce was above E.F. in seedings so E.F. would go in the 3rd pot anyway.

I agree that Salzburg (well more specifially the parent company Red Bull) are horrendous in their mish-mashing of football. But as a club they were in exactly the same situation as PAOK, yet PAOK contine in the competition and they don't.

UEFA can just roll the ban on a year or to the next time a team (Fenerbache, Besiktas or Metalist) qualifies for Europe, in effect that is what they said would happen to Malaga when they banned them for tax issues.

No, Eintracht Frankfurt was never a 2nd pot team, Fenerbahce was above E.F. in seedings so E.F. would go in the 3rd pot anyway.

Fenerbache was taken out of the competition a few days before Apoel were given their place. In this interlude Frankfurt would have most likely been a 2nd pot team, as they were above all of the "lucky losers" except a handful like APOEL, Spartak and Udinese.

Group B: PSV, Dinamo Zagreb, Chornomorets, Ludogorets.
Dinamo has great chance to be second in this group. It's obviously that PSV will be first in group.

Group I: Lyon, Betis, Vitoria, Rijeka.
Very very hard group for Rijeka, but never say never. If they eliminated Stuttgart, maybe they can get some points in this group. I am sure that they will not be scary of these opponents.

1185751_10151871546921942_789745445_n.png

No, it's correct. APOEL Nicosia in F and Apollon Limassol in J.

now I see.. sorry didn't noticed this and I was certain about APOEL being eliminate by Zulte :COAT:

Fenerbache was taken out of the competition a few days before Apoel were given their place. In this interlude Frankfurt would have most likely been a 2nd pot team, as they were above all of the "lucky losers" except a handful like APOEL, Spartak and Udinese.

They were eliminated by zulte Waregem, but afterwards came in because Fenerbahce nd Besiktas can't play. So Zulte Waregem made a completely useless trip to Cyprus. Ridiculous.

I'm usually with you gerd, but in this case I understand the UEFA. It might have been happened that the CAS would have spoken in favour of Fener and Besiktas, so that they might have been allowed to play internationally. And as no one could predict the result of the process with certainty they had to travel to play APOEL, I don't think that's wrong.

Apart from that they should have gained a lot of selfconfidence after eliminating a team that played CL numerous times.

It's hilarious how former rich Anji got an easy group and they can still make it.
Wigan have a chance too, IMO.

there are rumors who say that trabzonspor can be banned too !? any true on this ? if so Kukesi will take their place , but honestly I hope this wont happen and they are "clean" this would be way to much for Turkish football!

Estoril were awesome, they actually surprised me and were pretty solid even after conceding the first goal, but then Unai made that double substitution and then every thing went for the worst...

As for Paços even though they were largely outplayed, they manged to make Montella change his offensive tactics as the team created heat from the center instead of using them wings as usual. So I'd still call that a win ;)

This was the most important day in the history of Estoril Praia. The club I played for as kid is now a respectable European football side. This is a tremendous achievement for the club and Cascais region in general. I'm very proud.

14509_701783996502111_1986442023_n.jpg

Estori 4Ever :D
Babanco was the worst and I still dont know hot Balboa passed by Real Madrid and Benfica :(
Luis Leal and Evandro GG and Vagner was also well :S

HNK Rijeka 1-1 Real Betis

Once again Rijeka has beaten the odds and won their first point this season.

Ludogorets 3-0 Dinamo Zagreb (after 74 minutes)

I am still amazed with Dinamo this season. They have by far the strongest squad on paper in Croatia and they have stronger looking squad compared to last 2 seasons. Yet, I can't remember when they played this bad

HNK Rijeka 1-1 Real Betis

Once again Rijeka has beaten the odds and won their first point this season.

Ludogorets 3-0 Dinamo Zagreb (after 74 minutes)

I am still amazed with Dinamo this season. They have by far the strongest squad on paper in Croatia and they have stronger looking squad compared to last 2 seasons. Yet, I can't remember when they played this bad

The same problêm with our Dynamo...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom