Ultimate Fighting Championship (Xbox 360, PS3)

I really need to keep working on my ground game. If you have a good ground game you can dominate and win fights. At the moment when my oppo gets on me I find it very difficult to shake him off. The key I think is reversals and exit transitions. Also, how are you guys managing your stamina? I still always find that mine is much more depleted that my opponents. I need to protect my body and head more.

I really need to keep working on my ground game. If you have a good ground game you can dominate and win fights. At the moment when my oppo gets on me I find it very difficult to shake him off. The key I think is reversals and exit transitions. Also, how are you guys managing your stamina? I still always find that mine is much more depleted that my opponents. I need to protect my body and head more.
i very rarely do reversal transitions, they usually happen by luck.

just when your in defensive positions up (e.g. open guard up) do a minor transition to go to defensive positions down (e.g. open guard down) and hold the right stick in a direction to block transtions until your stamina goes back up. when it's back up try doing major transitions to escape off the ground or utilise your fighters style orientated transitions to go from defensive to offensive postions.

I just had 5 awesome unranked games

The guy i was playing was just as me on the ground so we really stopping alot of transitions and it was a real game of cat and mouse

The first game he beat me by KO from mount, the second i won by decision due to being slightly better on the ground, the 3rd he KO'ed me again with a flash elbow, 4th i won by decision again (although he was really close to choking me out) but i think the numerous knees in the clinch won it and the 5th and final was just a stand up battle due to neither us really getting anywhere on the ground in the previous fights and i put on my best stand up performance i have ever done. I was coming inside delivering high and low combos of kicks and punches then backing off and coming in again which eventually led to a knock down and me raining blows on him for a TKO

Unranked games are definitely the way to go until they patch it, after them fights my stand up has improved considerably because i could try out new stuff

Last edited:
Sold it.

Just couldnt get into it... found the fight controls too complex for my liking, moves too similar, career mode was dull and I didnt even try online.

Shame as the demo was genuinely great - I'll leave that installed for a blast whenever I feel like it.

Wait for FN4 now.

Sold it.

Just couldnt get into it... found the fight controls too complex for my liking, moves too similar, career mode was dull and I didnt even try online.

Shame as the demo was genuinely great - I'll leave that installed for a blast whenever I feel like it.

Wait for FN4 now.

That's where you went wrong

Like i said before no AI in the world can compare to the cat and mouse games you have Vs a human and the feeling of getting 1 over them

Like Fifa last year with MM you can see where games are going these days with there single player stuff. You lot need to embrace the online side to get the most out of the games you buy

Yeah but most randoms you play online are only there to exploit all the bugs and weaknesses in games. Online used to be fun, now it's just full of knobjockeys as Cammey said. Games like this are at their best when you're playing against your mates, online or offline. A lot of my close friends are away at Uni or working in other cities so singleplayer is where I play mostly, unless they have a chance to get to a PS3 for some games.

The online achievements/trophies ruin the online side as well as people are desperate to get those at all costs. Online has always had gits whop want to win at all costs and those achievements/trophies make it much worse.

Just played this nob from Switzerland who was going for a knockout on me and had me in a clinch twice and knocked me down twice, (I couldn't get out of it), the second time he knocked me down he jumped on me, threw a punch at my face, I caught it and locked an arm bar and the twat quit as he tapped out.

Sold it.

Wait for FN4 now.

probably will trade mine when FN4 is released. Career mode has got boring so I dont wanna play it anymore. Yukes done a good job for the first effort!

Just cant see myself playing it that often.

coach coopz you rock
Seconded! :BY:

That's 5 in a row for me now! One knockout and four submissions! Including arm-bar, knee-bar, kimura and guillotine :COOL:. It's just about biding your time and picking the right time to get a takedown and lock in a sub. The first two fights of this win streak I recorded and both ended in the first round so I'll post them tomorrow, HD of course :)).

Traded mine today.

I've been trying to get the trophy for finishing the career mode undefeated but too many things have started to bug me more and more.

The cheating ai (how they can block everything you do and then come back with a huge combo always managing to avoid your blocks or how they can take you down, then transition around you with ease and counter everything you do to escape)

difficulty spikes - one fight it's on easy and they let you beat the crud out of them, the next your opponent blocks everything and can KO you with a few jabs.

starting on low stats and it takes far too long to build yourself up through sparring and training. Especially annoying when your sparring partner goes out of his way to fuck you over by either blocking everything or staying on his back on the floor and refusing to get up.

Online quitters - they might be patching it in a few weeks but it should never have been there in the first place so THQ can go fuck themselves

Traded mine today.

I've been trying to get the trophy for finishing the career mode undefeated but too many things have started to bug me more and more.

The cheating ai (how they can block everything you do and then come back with a huge combo always managing to avoid your blocks or how they can take you down, then transition around you with ease and counter everything you do to escape)

difficulty spikes - one fight it's on easy and they let you beat the crud out of them, the next your opponent blocks everything and can KO you with a few jabs.

starting on low stats and it takes far too long to build yourself up through sparring and training. Especially annoying when your sparring partner goes out of his way to fuck you over by either blocking everything or staying on his back on the floor and refusing to get up.

Online quitters - they might be patching it in a few weeks but it should never have been there in the first place so THQ can go fuck themselves

:LOL: I agree completely

WTF was that noise 1.12 in? :LOL:

And thats what i mean about the stamina bars, without them we would have no idea when to go for subs

that takedown just wiped his stamina out, brilliant finish!

i managed to get a submission win on expert in my career last night, just blocked a couple of transitions and then hit him with the knee bar! well chuffed!

had an awsome fight against kendall grove last night, he's so tall, he just kept battering me in the clinch and blocking my takedown attempts. 30 secs from the end of the fight he was stood over me to finish with a TKO after a kick to the head. i managed to block and transition out of it (kick him off) and then as i stood up went straight in with a ducking right hook that knocked him clean out. i actually cheered out loud cause my career took a downward turn, but this win put me back on track.

i'm now 16-7 and getting to the big boys now!

HAHAHA I didn't look at the video with sound at work. "yeahr!" that's a classic tim

Edit: It doesn't sound as manly as you would expect :SMUG:

Last edited:
What's happening with this Evo Web tournament then? Or is it Coopz being full of hot air again :SMUG:.

Won about 5 or 6 by submissions today and 1 by KO. The KO was early in the first round and I got in a full mount and just smashed his face in. The subs were good, some I dominated and some I didn't. One in particular I was getting beat up bad, but locked in a guillotine choke and made him tap, very happy with that. Got KO'd myself once which was me making a school boy error, I was dominating the fight on stand up, but I suppose got impatient and kept trying to go for a big punch. As soon as I started one hook he caught me square on the chin and floored me, instant KO.

I've definitely worked on my ground game and it's now the strongest part of my game. I think my description says "Fast Takedowns" ,"Good Submissions" and "Most Wins Via Submission".

:))

In the words of Duncan Bananatime, "I'm Oot" of the tourny as I've sold UFC.

FNR4 tourny beckons though... (until that gets found out to be shit and nobody likes it).

Cheers for the fights today, Coopz :TU:. Was good to work on my ground game some more, and it really really has helped me. Played 5 ranked matches today, won all 5. One via TKO, which I thought was harsh as I was on full mount and throwing punches at him, but I thought he was defending himself quite well. Either way, the ref jumped in and stopped it. The other 4 were via submission. One was against about a 12 year old kid, (I could hear him on the mic), he literally did not stop throwing punches. Eventually I took him down and subbed him, easy. The last fight was a brilliant one. I was Matt Hughes against George St Pierre, he was on top first round and made it show and got my stamina down more than his. Second round I felt was mine as I came back into the fight and did some damage to him. Third round was quite even and both our stamina was low, we both tried subs and escaped. Then I got a takedown and locked in a knee bar and held it and made him tap. Brilliant stuff :)).

Had more fights today I got matched against some really strong people this morning, got KOd 2 or 3 times, they were strong all round and dominated me. The night session was much better - P3, W3. One KO where I mounted him then started raining in punches to his head and body, then a punch landed squarely on his cheek and KOd him.

Next fight was a bit tougher, I dominated all 3 rounds IMO with a strong ground game, eventually got him in a rear naked choke and made him tap with 24 seconds left on the clock.

Third fight was again me totally dominating on the ground. Vicious ground and pound, wearing him down. As the third round started his stamina was about half and mine was still almost full :)). More ground and pound in the third round from me after a better start from him. He did get me in a mount late on but I kept him pulled down on top of me, and then rolled out and stopped him getting back onto me. Won by unanimous decision, happy with that.

I messaged the last guy after to say good fight and he messages back saying my ground game was very good and he couldn't get anything going.

This is a superb game online, it really is cat and mouse at times. Knowing when to block, when to transition, when to strike etc. Great stuff :)).

Last edited:
which fighters do you tend to use online?

i went for the plunge into online ufc the other night, played two unranked fights and won both of them. the first one was good, alot of stand up and i KO'd him after he kicked me off and as we both stood up i took a step back as he punched and i came in with a quick left then right hook combination. the second was laggy as fook, so just took it to the ground and took my time getting to mount (few punches, block transitions and then timing the transitions). then when i was in mount it all ended with a big right hook.

i can see how the online is better than the offline, but the lag spoils it sometimes.

Yeah one of my games was a bit laggy to start, but they do settle down the longer it goes on I find. Even saying that, it's only about 1 out of 10 games that is like that and it doesn't spoil it. Hopefully they'll fix the lag with the upcoming patch!

I tend to vary who I play as online, that's what I love about the game, most people use all different fighters so it's good variety. Fair enough some people do just pick Frank Mir or Georges St-Pierre, depending on what weight division you chose, but it's varied enough, and also it's not like one player is always Man Utd and the other is always Barca. I guess what I am trying to say is that, every fighter has strengths and weaknesses. So if someone picks Frank Mir, I would counter that by picking maybe a BJJ fighter and just take it to ground and look for Mir to knacker himself out then go for a sub.

Anyway, in answer to you're actual question (:LOL:), I have a few favourites, Wilson Gouveia, Matt Hughes, Sean Sherk, Dan Henderson. But as I said like to vary it, I won't use the same fighter more than 3 times in a row. So much variety :))

Back
Top Bottom