Will there ever be space for a 3rd Football Game?

I might be talking nonsense here but I was thinking it could be interesting if someone like Sky Sports could hook up with a big developer (or rather a smart, ambitious developer with integrity who understands football games) and maybe some big clubs. They have access to some amazing analysis tools and data including this new VR tool they're using which can track a players exact point of view. This could help create some better AI in the hands of the right company. Players wear trackers these days which record all sorts of stats so that kind of data could be incorporated as well. Sky aren't short of cash so would be in a good position to help fund the project. I'm sure they could also help secure some licenses. It's the data and tools they have that's most interesting to me though. With the right developer on board and clubs providing additional data, it could be the start of something. Like I said, I think it's gonna take some big companies pulling together to break the current stagnant monopoly and offer something groundbreaking that takes football games to the next level.

Last edited:
@Lexypoooo I would imagine all Sky Sports data is licensed from a third party such as Opta or similar. Also any game where I have to listen to Jamie Carragher is going straight in the bin :LOL:

@Lexypoooo I would imagine all Sky Sports data is licensed from a third party such as Opta or similar. Also any game where I have to listen to Jamie Carragher is going straight in the bin :LOL:
Ha, fair point on Carra. You get the point though, get some big boys on board including Opta if necessary. Work with a skilled developer who understands football games and is committed to making the best one possible, not some cash cow. Sky do have some exlusive in-house tech too that no one else is using.

On a side note, and at the complete opposite end of the scale, I'm having some fun with a game called Desktop Soccer on Switch.

Slightly unrelated: A rumor surfaced today that Microsoft are to purchase all of Konami's gaming Catalogue.

If that's indeed true, then we may not get a 3rd football game, but a different PES in the following years.
That'd be a good question for another thread. Would you like Microsoft to pick up PES' development and take it in a new direction?.
What does that mean? konami no longer will make pes?

Slightly unrelated: A rumor surfaced today that Microsoft are to purchase all of Konami's gaming Catalogue.

If that's indeed true, then we may not get a 3rd football game, but a different PES in the following years.
That'd be a good question for another thread. Would you like Microsoft to pick up PES' development and take it in a new direction?.
I read somewhere about SONY the same rumour, BUT they were interested only for Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Castelvania, etc not for PES and Yugioh.

About Microsoft, if they are like they were two decades ago, Microsoft Studios/ Microsoft Games, no i do not want them, bases on the attitude they had on Age of Empires series. They seemed to suffer from the same symptoms EA games suffers. They rely much on the X,Y franchise name itself, more than focusing on quality factors like gameplay, physics, QoL improvements.

Back
Top Bottom