Final Result:

Chile 7pts
Switzerland 6pts
--------------------
Spain 4pts
Honduras 0pts

Spain is in a BIG trouble

CHILE FTW!!!

As much as i hate it, i think Chile are out if they loose against Spain.
Somehow Switzerland will score 2 goals against Honduras.

Chile played great football but missed lots of chances, that could be their undoing.

i expect one of best matches of tournament CHILE - SWITZERLAND

both teams play great football and this one i wont miss..

i support Chile!

Does swiss play good football? they just were defending in their side.(with 11 and 10 players)

Vamos Chile CTM !!!

I congratulate a national team of Chile with pass in play-off, I hope in a match with Brazil it will look it very worthy.:COOL:

Chile were very good attacking-wise just a bit too energetic fouling way too much. Last 10 min. they stop playing and Spain looked exhausted I hope alonso would be ready to play next game.

Great effort by Chile. I think they were too agressive in the first half and deserved all the cards. A shame because they showed they were better than Spain with equal number of players.

Hope you make it even further, you deserve it!

Great performance Chilenos. :WORSHIP:

The card was undeserved. Torres should be ashamed of flopping to the ground like that.

Ponce and Medel at the back were magnificent .Shame they will miss the next round.

However Carmona will be back and maybe Suazo.

Great flop from Torres,shame on him million times,great game for Chile,you could get draw at least if the game was 11 to 11..Good luck

ag9qik

Truly disgraceful.

It's not the actual embellishment as such but the way he lay on the ground afterwards and the way the Spanish players esp. Pique ran over waving imaginary cards at the referee.

It highlight's the inconsistency of the officiating. Duda gets booked and rightly so for this but Pique and Ramos who is a dirty player get's nothing.

So no Ponce and Medel in center of defense for Chile against Brazil, huh? I think both will be suspended.

They've both looked good so far (apart from being maybe TOO aggressive sometimes). Now normally I'd fancy Chile vs. Brazil to put up a good fight at least if not have an even realistic chance of qualifying but without 1st choice defenders, does Chile have the depth? It'll be interesting to see...

And yeah I hope Humberto Suazo is fit, ready and raring to go against The Brazilians. They miss his potency!

Torres has been doing that a lot recently in the Premier League too. It's a shame that such a fantastic player has to resort to it. The guy wasn't even looking at him and it's off the ball and he's in such poor form that he felt the need to do it. Sad really.

Shame for Chile as now they face Brazil missing a few of their key defensive players missing, I was hoping for a draw so Spain would come second and Chile play the slightly more beatable Portugal.

To be fair, the Chile player did a truly deserving yellow-card tackle to Iniesta 5 minutes before that incident. And that would have been already his 2nd.

About Torres, if you have played football in your life you'll know that if you go full sprint and someone touches one of your legs, and that leg collides with the other one, then you're about to go to the floor big time and it hurts. To say Torres is faking something when going to the floor is pure ignorance in my oppinion. About the chilene player, to me it was purely bad luck, he had clearly no intention to tackle him or foul him in any way, and no second yellow deserved in THAT play. Torres doesn't even know what hit him or how, and the only thing that makes it a little shaming is how he was on the floor for 3 minutes when he was clearly not injured. THAT, and only that, can be criticized.

If you don't see how the chile player touches the leg of Torres making him fall to the ground (not voluntarily) then you need glasses.

Last edited:
Answer this then ?

Why does he stay down like he has been seriously injured ? It's truly abominable his behaviour. Lookingat replays of it it looks like he has tripped himself as well.

And Ramos and Pique running over to the referee demanding a card ?

Albi, you surely read my post, but I summarize it here again:

1- Torres doesn't trick himself, that's for sure, are you really watching the video??? The chile player clearly tackles him from behind, albeit without any intention to do so. But the contact is obvious.

2- Torres goes to the floor surprised as it's the normal reaction when you're running and they touch you from behind.

3- Torres then exagerates the damage in the floor, and THAT is crap as I've said before.

4- The referee makes a clear mistake by showing a yellow on this play.

5- The referee could have sent off eStrada sooner for a very hard tackle to Iniesta, from behind, in the midfield. Maybe if the chilene players didn't play as violent, they would have had less cards.

Agreed Estrada could have been sent off before this.

But the way he leaps into the air as if he's about to dive into a pool and then stays down.

Do the decent thing and just get up. His actions got the player sent off. Extreme professionalism ? He knew the player had been booked already.

And Busquets the way he embellishes his dives he should hold classes. I don't like seeing him in a Barca shirt. He does the club no favours.

I've looked very hard at that and there is barely any contact. I lost a lot of admiration for El Nino who was one of my favourite players.

I've looked very hard at that and there is barely any contact.

Again:

1- If you're running full pelt and someone touches one of your legs making it impact another of your legs, as it's obviously the case, you're going to fall like that, and it hurts. I think people never takes into account that replays are at slow motion and this play in real speed it's just as if he had tackled the player, because he makes him trip with his own legs. I've suffered many of this "barely contacts" in real life and I can assure you that you will end up in the floor with some hurt or even worse an injury. The unexpected tackles are the ones that can hurt more, because you're not anticipating the contact at all, and you're not ready to react to the contact.

2- Now, about how much did it hurt and how much was him playing while in the floor, it's something only Torres knows. To me, he exagerated the time he was in the floor.

3- I don't get why you start talking about Busquets when we were talking about Torres. Busquets is indeed a disgrace. I hate him and stated that many times. He IS a diver and a pathetic professional in my oppinion. But so is Drogba, Ronaldo, Lucio (you should have seen him in the CL here at Barcelona, falling to the floor every minute), Maicon (he was "injured" out of the field, he got up, walked INSIDE the pitch and let him fall again so he could stop the play), or a lot more players, given the situation. Unfortunately, it¡s hard finding a player like the good old Ronaldo (brazilian), who would never stop playing, if was going to the ground, he would stand up and continue running. There's few players like him.

Yesterday we had a similar situation in the US-Ghana game drekkard and again a player went up in the air. I understand what you are saying because when you do run at high speed and are touched off balance you will go flying.

However I reiterate the way he stayed down.....not good and it looks to me as if kicked his feet together.

I'm not just pointing the finger at Busquets though. All players are at it to a lesser or greater degree.

We need retrospective video punishment. With that in mind I'm sure players would soon stop knowing that a suspension is coming for their behaviour.

Until then it is sadly going to besmirch the game.

Ratones los españoles al final del partido, the Spanish people will understand it

A shame the referee, Estarda could be sent off before, but Fernando Torres a shame that he did.

However, the referee of Brazil-Chile will be Howard Webbs

Back
Top Bottom