World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

Good match by germany. I think the first goal destroyed the moral of the aussies. Australia had a weak deffense and the red card was too strict in my oppinion, but I liked Ozil a lot. He may or may not continue shining against more difficult challenges, it's to be seen.

But up to know, best match and best team of the world cup.

I would say it was the red card on Cahill, Australia did have some chances in the first half, right at the very start Neuer / Lahm made a good save. It was a good German performance but I wouldnt get to carried away, they knocked in the 3rd and 4th against a tired Australian team who were a man down. Let's see if they knock four past the Serbians or Ghana...

Agreed.

I think Germany had a very good game and should be very proud.

Having said that, I don't expect them to repeat their performance against Serbia and Ghana if 11 players stay on the field. IF they were to do that, then they've proven everyone wrong and shown they are TRULY quality. For now, I'm happy and proud but keeping feet on the ground....

Germany had a very good game where they took full advantage of Lucas Neill's shitness.

It was indeed an impressive performance. Some nice passing coming through Ozil and nice one twos and understanding between the front two.

That said this Australian team have had real problems defensively as in the loss to the USA 3-1 last week in a friendly which have not been ironed out.

Cahill was unlucky to be sent off which did not help either.

Germany and Ghana now have the upper hand and I cannot see Australia bouncing back. Serbia though are quite capable of winning both their next two games.

Lool and you guys see Lucas Neill and co complain to the ref and his linesman SO many times for not being able to keep up with the German attackers/midfielders BEAUTIFUL off-ball movement!?!!

It was funny! :LOL:

They were ON-side almost EVERY time! So the refs were great and got all the calls correct and yet they were continuously harassed and protested against by the Aussie back-line which was clueless.

Luke Wilkshire was the only positive out of this match for me in regards to Australlia. He gave a 110% and played quite well I thought. Others maybe tried hard but didn't offer as much.

Germany had a very good game where they took full advantage of Lucas Neill's shitness.

They were ON-side almost EVERY time! So the refs were great and got all the calls correct and yet they were continuously harassed and protested against by the Aussie back-line which was clueless.

Exactly.

I blame him for everything wrong last night. For a captain, he was shite.

It's bad when you're shit but when you're a cheating, dirty shit like Neill then that's bad! And he's one of the dirtiest around. Though NOBODY in this World cup can compete with Diego Lugano of course! :LOL:

Anyway, he was crap but I wouldn't blame him for everything. I mean Craig Moore and the rest weren't exactly on top of their game either. And hell the legendary, consistent and ever reliable Mark Schwarzer himself started the mistakes by gifting Germany a goal so blame should be shared all around.

And yeah the red card to Cahill was harsh and did make it mission impossible for Aussies who were already outclassed even 11 vs. 11. I thought a yellow would've been sufficient.

It's bad when you're shit but when you're a cheating, dirty shit like Neill then that's bad! And he's one of the dirtiest around. Though NOBODY in this World cup can compete with Diego Lugano of course! :LOL:

Anyway, he was crap but I wouldn't blame him for everything. I mean Craig Moore and the rest weren't exactly on top of their game either. And hell the legendary, consistent and ever reliable Mark Schwarzer himself started the mistakes by gifting Germany a goal so blame should be shared all around.

And yeah the red card to Cahill was harsh and did make it mission impossible for Aussies who were already outclassed even 11 vs. 11. I thought a yellow would've been sufficient.

The Socceroos have to rebuild. It is an ageing squad. And Neill has been a dirty player and quite limited in my opinion. How he earned all those transfer's was puzzling. :P

Germany have impressed at youth level as exemplified by thumping England 4-0 last summer in the European u21 championship and this Loew model is more refined and pleasing on the eye .

However that limited pace at the back (aside from Phillip)can be exposed by pacy attackers I feel.

Even if the CBs were slow, they should have a better perception of defending, and holding/commanding the line. That is why imo Neill was really really poor last night. And he's the captain...

The best German performance I can remember seeing for a long time, a joy to watch really and I've never thought that about Germany. The movement and the intricate passing was quality, well done.

A very, very impressive performance by a young team. Germany should be proud of their national team.
Thomas Muller and Özil were impressive. Well, they were alle impressive, but i would still single out those two.

Never thought Mueller would perform well tbh. Thought he was the weakest in Bayern. Good on him.

IMO he was Bayern's best player in the CL.
I do not claim to have huge knowledge about football, but i also heard a couple of coaches/managers who are pundits praise him for being very, very good (he's still only 20 years old).

Yep Typical Germans, they were very impressive last WC, the best football played there in my opinion.
And every oportunity I saw them between those WCs they were amazing, maybe not against Argentina, but Argentina was rock solid there.
Ozil was so impressive, he was indeed the player they needed not really just a guy who stay in the flank, but goes all around.
And its the youngest German team ever in a WC.

IMO he was Bayern's best player in the CL.
I do not claim to have huge knowledge about football, but i also heard a couple of coaches/managers who are pundits praise him for being very, very good (he's still only 20 years old).

I haven't watched much of the Bundesliga but I'm quite sure he was crap in the CL from what I remember. He was really bad upfront for a finisher. Well that's the impression I was given. He was too clunky as well and couldn't control the ball.

He had bad games, of course, but so had any other player.
I watch every single Bayern game every year and have so for the last fifteen years, and never has a player this young impressed me more. First real season in professional football. 13 goals and 11 assists in the Bundesliga. 2 and 3 in the Champions League - were he sure did not shine as much, but had his moments of magic. People only tend to remember those two/three missed chances, were he - in my opinion - wasn't exactly well fed with the ball.
Let's just say I didn't have any doubt he could perform for this side.
I'm still happy that in Kroos, Marin and Trochowski we have some more than capable alternatives for his position. :)

I'm probably one of those who watched the games he performed badly in. He was pretty good last night though.

About Marin, as he was getting ready to come in I said "Who's that 12 year old kid :CONFUSE:".

How old is he, really?

he was born in Yugoslavia (Bosnian), 21 years old now but looks like 17,i wonder how many real Germans there are in the team squad now..And what German friends think about the united colors of benetton team,i like to know what they really think..

Last edited:
Well they have 2 polish strikers, a brazilian, a turk, a bosnian, a half tunisian, a half spaniard, any more?

I really like this multi-ethnic German team.
About Muller: i don't think it's fair to judge him as a forward (for his finishing). Muller is much more than a forward, he's a box to box midfielder disguised as a forward.
I must admit that i did not notice that myself until a coach-pundit (Aad De Mos) talked about it and illustrated it with footage.
IMO Muller is a pretty impressive player (in the CL, i almost never see Bundesliga matches).

Ah, For some reason I thought he was a holding player upfront. Probably that's why I thought it wasn't working for him. When I watched him yesterday he was playing in his usual role and I guess that is why he performed really well.

You shouldn't get stuck up on the sound of their names. Except Cacau most of those guys were a) either born here anyway or b) immigrated here very early in their lives and thus also raised here, learning everything about football they know now in this very country, where they have acquired their citizenship naturally at some point. Them deciding pro Germany and contra whatever second nation they could have played for only shows their connection to this country is simply stronger than to the other.

What makes Miroslav Klose (who spend 24 years of his still young life in this country, starting his career at SG Blaubach-Diedelkopf, who also has a father of German descent) "more" Polish than German is a riddle to me. And one day in his life he eventually asked himself the same question and found the only appropriate answer: Nichts!
Same goes for all the other guys, most of them immigrated even earlier in their lives.
That they still acknowledge and respect their roots is awesome and should be no different. Podolskis behavior at the 2008 Euro against Poland was a real inspiration - made me very proud, actually.

In fact, I think this selection is more true to our colors than any of those past teams. Ever since the end of World War II Germany has opened up to immigrants from all over the world. "Multicultural" has become synonymous with our country. Unlike in many other aspects of life, in this beautiful sport it seems we were able to establish a good balance - equality, maybe - between the different groups of people. That's a great achievement in my book.

----------

Another thing: A lot of nations have talented players in their ranks who have learned to play football (from scratch, if you will) in another country. Japan - Cameroon is about to start and let me just say: Watch out for Joel Matip and Eric Choupo-Moting! Both decided against playing for Germany, which is perfectly fine, of course.

Home is were the heart is!

:)

:TU:

It doesn't matter who plays where tbh as long as they represent that country the right way and giving their all.

:TU:

It doesn't matter who plays where tbh as long as they represent that country the right way and giving their all.

Yep, sorry if that came off rude or anything, I just generally wanted to get this off my chest for once. ;)

I'm rooting for Japan, btw. Schalke just recently signed Uchida; Wolfsburgs Hasebe is captain and Honda has impressed me during the Euro League season. Also: Eto'o = Inter = the devil!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom