World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

Yeah, I agree with that but at the end of the day it's not been given and when we should have showed guts instead we defended like an u11 retard team.

True, true. I think Ferdinand was exploding at home seeing this men defending. Honestly, Klose and Özil could, perhaps even had to, score at least two more goals(Klose after the corner and the little "dance"). I missed Terry's will to fight and Upson was the counterpart of Mertesacker.

Don't know about that. If England scores at this point, we would have fall in parts, I am sure about this. We have a very young team and the defence and Neuer were knocked, but living after Upson's goal. Another goal could have stopped everything. England played a good power play from minutes 35 to 55 without having the luck and maybe skill to score once.

I don't agree because England was strongest right at the start of the second half. I don't think they could've done THAT much more with an even result backing them up.
But that's all theoretical - I saw a very good game of our team today. I'm happy and somewhat proud of the guys, given how young this squad is. Especially Friedrich needs a special mention. A definite CB used on the wrong position for years without ever complaining now finally shows just how good he can be in the center.

Yep, just check my posts at page 8. ;)

Can't stop watching Friedrich's awesome move against two English strikers.

Congratulations.
Fantastic football. Of course you were a litle bit lucky with that Lampard goal thyt might have changed the match, but fantastic football of this young team...

Thomas Muller and Meszut Özil are toghether with Annan (Ghana) the best midfielders of this tournament. Oh, how i love Thomas Muller.

Friedrich and Khedira were amazing,
and Thomas Müller what a player! Am I the only one who thinks he is like an old school player?
He has no fancy dribbling, no super pace or strength, he is just super effective and very intelligent game-wise, some would say he is stuck in time but I think maybe he is miles ahead,
well at least I hope in future we have more players like this, some Asian teams are already developing their players and game like this and its really beautiful.
Its a pleasure see that style can still own physical players :APPLAUD: Thanks Bayern for producing such a talent.
Oh and its a lovely thing to think about the Tactical vs. Powerful philosophy.
Congratulations Germany.

Last edited:
Who cares, we don´t need backups, we need a positive mind. all of this matches are going to win in the brain, no matter who's playing ;)
Sorry for my bad english

You do need backup. Of course you do.

Nobody is denying power of mind and mentality, I'm the biggest fan of that stuff but that's a totally separate thing.

I just pray that this tournament finishes for Germany with Schweinsteiger and Khedira fit and ready to go and don't get injured or suspended because then I can see problems for Germany and I don't want to as they're great to watch when at their best.

Congrats on a wonderful performance. Everyone was great. Except Neuer maybe but he's young and still getting used to this big stage. He was at fault for the crap Upson goal and of course should've conceded another goal which was wrongly disallowed and when Lampard hit the bar from the freekick, he had it all wrong! He barely made an effort as if thinking, this ball is going way over... I've got it covered.

Did make a KEY save from Gerrard late in the match though but other than that, he didn't have the best of games and was probably Germany's weakest.

Super Mario needs a goal BAD!! His confidence is so low. I was hoping he'd grab one when he came on but no...

Arne Friedrich, always been one of my fav German players and one of the most under-rated. Always solid,, experienced, nothing fancy. Very good game.

Thomas Muller, I agree with what's been said. I LOVE how cool and composed and EXPERIENCED he seems for a f'n 20 year old! though let's face it, he doesn't LOOK 20 years old either does he? Lol. Looks like a season old veteran. Really like how effective he is. Manuel Neuer for example is like 4 years older, but he's much more temperamental and doesn't have the same 'composure' as Thomas so pressure can get to him more. Then again he reminds me of an Oliver Kahn in a way, he will get better and better and can become one of the world's best goalkeepers.

Congratulations,Germany has similar shown today England who in the field the owner, simply having crushed it 4-1!!! The good fellow Germany!:D

:WORSHIP: I was wrong to say England will win 5-1. I got caught in the hype I should of went w/ the octopus . good win there w/o lube too ouch

Yeah and most folks outside Germany haven't even really seen what Kroos and Marin can do yet!

Where Friedrich will play in next season,2nd Bundesliga leauge in Herta:SHOCK:,he is the best CB in the tournament..

Nope, Wolfsburg grabbed him. Hopefully they don't plan on using him on the right side. He's a decent backup for that position, but really only truly shines in the center. But McLaren will most likely have watched todays match and know that for sure now ;)

Last edited:
Congratulations to Germany, an all-round better football team than England. You have a really great young side with many more talents still to come.

Certainly Muller is great player already at young age, and Ozil for me is superstar in making..

Germany certainly have their gold generation coming up..and good times ahead of them imo.

I'll have to join in on the Thomas Muller love bandwagon. For a player at 20 years old, he has great composure and football intelligence. That Ozil goal versus Germany was a class strike.

It's clowns like Alan Hansen though that "should" know better...

Every tournament he spouts the same old drivel..

"The Germans are average" "There suspect at the back" "Man for Man i wouldn't swap a England player" I know the BBC employ you Alan but FFS get real. What does that whooping make England?

Every major tournament this "average" team always go further than England...Why??!

Anyone read the interview with Hiddink where he accuses Ozil of having a fake German passport so that he could play for Germany?

Did he? I thought he said something about him choosing the wrong side/passport, cause he could need a player like him - which is kind of a dumb thing to say, but nothing too stupid. ;)

Back
Top Bottom