World Cup 2022 Qatar

Yeah, ref was pretty bad. We jokingly said he still had the tears from the Croatia game in his eyes, so he had a hard time seeing anything.

Imagine what that ref. will decide in a different situation like this:

Cards to the entire opposition team, bench coaches, ball boys, his own wife, until the other team can convince him that he should hold his horses to remove all those...

nd what about this?
Do you think they were following them to wish them "good luck"?

Penalty shootout. No time pressure. Supposed to be only you vs goalkeeper. There was no need for this.

We can send each other clips all day, from two different perspectives.

I was cheering for Holland. Always liked their football and they never won anything, since I remember.
Second goal was amazing - really simple, yet totally unpredictable.
But when it comes to the attitudes - shithousery was on both sides. Holland started it - Argentina responded.

They didnt, but they were more consistent from start to finish.
Holland in first half was dreadful, just passing around the back, no movement, no creativity. They only woke up in the second half and brought the attitude with them. Maybe this shithousery saved the spectacle, coz game got good at the end.

And what about this?
Do you think they were following them to wish them "good luck"?

Penalty shootout. No time pressure. Supposed to be only you vs goalkeeper. There was no need for this.

We can send each other clips all day, from two different perspectives.

I was cheering for Holland. Always liked their football and they never won anything, since I remember.
Second goal was amazing - really simple, yet totally unpredictable.
But when it comes to the attitudes - shithousery was on both sides. Holland started it - Argentina responded.

They didnt, but they were more consistent from start to finish.
Holland in first half was dreadful, just passing around the back, no movement, no creativity. They only woke up in the second half and brought the attitude with them. Maybe this shithousery saved the spectacle, coz game got good at the end.

Why do you think Netherlands started and Argentina react? The bench of Argentina get a yellow card (assistent manager i think). That was in the first half.
Netherlands only get mad because one player of Argentina slided on Ake and then shoot the ball in the dug-out of the Netherlands..
The ref was bad yesterday, he had to send off Messi but was too scared to do so.

Argentina had many players with attitudes. In country's like that they call it "passion".. Messi was een big kid and the ref give him all the freekicks.
Netherlands had won the EC (1988).

Viva Croatia!

Did anyone notice before Kane 2nd penalty the camera showing beckham face, that's hilarious for some reason 😂

Come on FA, give england fans what they want for long time. Sack southgate, i really want to see england fans reaction in next big tounament if england getting worse than his era.... Will it be grateful or ungrateful ? 😂

I honestly don't think those are real tears. There was no sign of emotion on the pitch at the final whistle - someone tried to console him and he completely ignored them to walk off. Not for the first time this tournament.

I have zero sympathy, he's done his best to shit all over his legacy with everything since his time with United, and that unbelievably disrespectful interview with Piers Morgan. No professionalism, no class, bitching about not being able to play in top competitions and then signing a €200m contract to play for Al Nassr. No disrespect to them, but it shows his true motivation.

Whatever achievements came before this, he's shown the world who he really is. I'm glad to see him out.

It's a shame for Portugal, but also, you can't help but be delighted for Morocco. I didn't think they could possibly hold out - they clearly had heavy legs around the hour mark, and I couldn't see a way they could hold on. They're an inspiration. Imagine if they made the final - but even if they don't, everything they've achieved so far is incredible on its own.
Agree he won almost everything, broke all kinds of records, idol for millions, he should be on the pitch picking up the youngsters of Portugal. Showing class.
He really isnt the leader we lead to believe he is a true workhorse thats for sure, 100% pro but not a captain. He still acts like when he was 18. Which is fine just so weird that he tried so many ways to alter his play to fit himself physically into new roles on the pitch once he got injured, older. But no evolution mentally and i wanted him to be the captain of MU and was confused why still Bruno or Maguire are the captains. Well this is why. Because when he plays or foesnt play its all about him and not the badge, not the nation. Just him.
But thats alright im a manchild myself just i think the way he takes care of his body he still could have been a supersub, vice captain for a big club for years. But thats not good enough for him.

I've read a few times today that England were the better side last night and that it was all the referee's fault.

I had a look for the match stats, out of interest. Turns out England's xG, excluding the penalties, was 1... Compared to 1.5 for France. I'm surprised it was as high as 1, to be honest.

We couldn't create good chances, there was no incisiveness. This is the biggest problem with that squad - some great individuals (Saka was great at times, taking on multiple defenders) but nothing cutting from midfield. We couldn't create goalscoring opportunities for the finishers.

I'm heartbroken we couldn't get past France but the better team won, in my mind. The question is, how do we overcome this stumbling block? I don't think we can with this generation. If we play defensively, fans moan. If we try to be more attacking, it's easy to see the knives are blunt.

Morocco need to emulate what england did to Mbappe, it works. Then they need to shut down griezmann, he might be not the same guy like in 2018 but his new role is amazing. I think Griezmann is france 2nd best player cause without him france can't utilize Giroud.

As for Croatia, well just man marking messi and leave anyone else, like seriously who else ? 😂

I believe this is a task too big for Southgate.

You'd say they have been in WC semifinals and Euro finals but given the outstanding talent pool England has, it's cutting it too short.

I believe this is a task too big for Southgate.

You'd say they have been in WC semifinals and Euro finals but given the outstanding talent pool England has, it's cutting it too short.
Honestly if England have any aspirations of "bringing football home", firstly they need to sack him.

One thing he has gotten right is a feeling of unity in the camp and team spirit, but he's benefitted from easy draws and bottled it against Croatia and Italy (when they were winning) as well as yesterday (when the momentum was with them). Taking off Saka, who was drawing fouls from the French players and only bringing Rashford after the missed penalty when he has been bang in form.

And also, who outside of England rates Jack Grealish? Coming from a salty Irishman...

he might be not the same guy like in 2018 but his new role is amazing. I think Griezmann is france 2nd best player cause without him france can't utilize Giroud.
Griezmann is absolutely amazing.
He has a vision I havent seen on the pitch for a long time. He gets the ball and instantly knows where to play it to kick start his team mates.
His technique and passes are just savage. And he seems to be everywhere.

Player like this is what England really misses. Foden was the only one who was trying to be everywhere.
Saka was great, but he stuck to his right side. Rest of the midfield was invisible.

Carra played in the English NT when Capello was the manager

What an absolutely ludicrous thing to say (from Carragher).

Perhaps he had a bad time under Capello, but to suggest all foreign managers would be "bad"...

Say France win this World Cup, and Deschamps says in an interview "I'm bored, I want a REAL challenge, I want to manage England and see if I can turn them into winners" - is he saying we should tell him to get lost, and put Graham Potter in charge? Who's taken Chelsea on an amazing 5-games-without-a-win-in-the-league streak?

Or - as I've seen rumoured yesterday - Steven "Turns Out It’s Hard When You Don’t Manage One of the Two Best Teams in the Country" Gerrard?

Anyway, more importantly... Predictions for tonight and tomorrow?
If Argentina don't score 2 goals by the 90th minute - and the game goes into extra time and ahead, they're out. If the game ends after the 90 minutes, Argentina is through.

Same for France vs Morocco, if the game is over in the 90 mins, France goes through ,if the match goes on to Extra time and ahead, Morocco win.

Scoreline for tonight.. 2-1 to either team, Argentina if in 90 mins, Croatia if in extra time

Scoreline for France vs Morocco eh probably 3-1 to France if in the 90 mins and if it goes to extra time then Morocco win 2-1 or win on Penalties

Not that I'm in any rush to see England improve but they absolutely could under another manager. Southgate's strength is also his weakness - stability. For this casual observer, it's incredible that Pickford is still number one and that Mason Mount gets game time. There are better options now. It's all about risks. Southgate doesn't take them, which I feel holds England back. But he does an awful lot right, so it'd still be a risk to sack him.

Argentina AET, and I have a hunch Morocco will run out of steam tomorrow and France will win by a couple of goals.

Perhaps he had a bad time under Capello, but to suggest all foreign managers would be "bad"...

Say France win this World Cup, and Deschamps says in an interview "I'm bored, I want a REAL challenge, I want to manage England and see if I can turn them into winners" - is he saying we should tell him to get lost, and put Graham Potter in charge? Who's taken Chelsea on an amazing 5-games-without-a-win-in-the-league streak?

Or - as I've seen rumoured yesterday - Steven "Turns Out It’s Hard When You Don’t Manage One of the Two Best Teams in the Country" Gerrard?

As a non-England supporter, I'm all for England following up their most successful period in generations with someone like Gerrard or Lampard 😂

I am picking Argentina-France, but I keep picking (and betting) against Croatia and I should have learned my lesson by now. I almost guarantee Argentina-Croatia will go to extra time.

France-Morocco is a lot more difficult to pick from then it seems. Unfortunately, Maroc has too many suspensions and injury issues, but who is doubting them at this point? They're incredible, and calling them Greece 2004 does them a disservice. Neither team wants the ball, so I think it will come down to some magic happening for France like always, and they have the players better suited for that.

But I adore Morocco. I'm biased as an Ajax fan, but I can watch Ziyech hit those cross-field switches all day long.

Not just Carragher, plenty of journalists saying the same thing, and not necessarily the usual suspects either.

I'm probably missing something but it does seem a bizarre thing to say. Especially when most of the top managers these days are not interested in international football.

Back
Top Bottom