World Football Climax (SEGA - PS2)

Alot of similarities...

104_49364_wfc01.jpg
5.jpg

104_49364_wfc02.jpg
4.jpg

...but saying that all football games look the same these days anyway.

Whats funny is that while World Football Climax looks a lot like PES5, Sega Worldwide Soccer looked a lot like the old ISS games.
Coincedence? I think not.

Well all football games try to look as realistic as possible (not counting Sega Soccer Slam and Mario Soccer). That's the best they can look on their formats.

RuneEdge said:
Whats funny is that while World Football Climax looks a lot like PES5, Sega Worldwide Soccer looked a lot like the old ISS games.
Coincedence? I think not.

Yes but SWWS97/98 was first!!!! then konami came out with ISS pro 98!

NickSCFC said:
Well all football games try to look as realistic as possible (not counting Sega Soccer Slam and Mario Soccer). That's the best they can look on their formats.
Fair enough but FIFA has never looked like ISS/PES...

RuneEdge said:
Fair enough but FIFA has never looked like ISS/PES...

Yes but, SWWS was befor WE/ISS/PES 98 so Konami has taken a lot of this Game and tuned it very well! also Fifa has taken some things from SWWS! before this Iss players look like aliens, after SWWS Konami copy a lot of things , also from the Gameplay!!!!

So i think Sega can do the same with WE/Pes!

For me its the animations, the Gameplay, round about how the Game "feels" Important! I pray tha Football climax will be great!

Last edited:
well I reckon its gonna be rubbish. A bit of a bold statement, but any footy game being released just before the world cup has 'cash in' written all over it. Especially seeing as its the first title on a machine nearing the end of its console life.

I really do hope Im proved wrong though as Im gagging for an alternative to PES/WE. Nothing comes remotly close atm.

But how long has is been since SEGA last released a decent footy title? I wouldnt write this one off just yet.

DJ

djdavedoc said:
But how long has is been since SEGA last released a decent footy title? I wouldnt write this one off just yet.

DJ

Now sega works only on Software, they have great programerteams, ithink they can handle a good Footigame! everything can happen, it cam be a dissaster or a brilliant game! I hope the second, Konami needs a litle presure!

djdavedoc said:

DJ

well yeh, but even though Sega has great history some of their latest games have been awful. And the way they've ruined Sonic games deserves a death penalty! Can you imagine if Nintendo did the same with Mario games?

All im saying is that Im not expecting great things. Even the graphics are suspect in some areas. It must be nearly complete aswell because the World Cup is around 3 months away.

I think everyones excitment is more wishful thinking. It shows just how many people wanna play a game different to PES/WE coz lets face it, it can get a bit boring playing the same footy series after around 8 years ;)

lol very true Adonis but im a firm believer of waiting until ive actually played a game before passing judgement, ok graphically it might not look great but it might well play a decent game of football.

DJ

Sorry Boys but the Pics dont look Bad!!!

Players look well, Pitches are Nice! What happened when the Game is in Motion? no one knows, but i will give Sega a chance, we will see what Famitsu says to This Game, we will see ingame movies and then the trough comes out!

fernando said:
another game to translate hehe

Ha ha got ya! Another Sega fan:mrgreen:

I am sure that you will translate this Game if it is good( after changing your Avatar i have some nice SEGA once), and after this a lot of editing is to do!!!

!!!!!!Please SEGA dont make shit with this Game!!!!!!

Looks great.

Golden old days playing Virtua Soccer and Sega's Worldwide Soccer.

its good and all..but noone will ever beat KONAMI and WE, period.

Mikey said:
And you know that how exactly?

Other companies have tried to knock KONAMI down for a while now.. even FIFA with all the official crap and all but nothing beats WE/PES gameplay PERIOD. The only company that came CLOSE for some competing with Konami are or should I say WAS Namco with FK. But even FK looked primitive meaning WE5/6 was a thousand times better than FK.

Its like this Brazil .. love 'em or hate 'em they dominate and will always dominate and be best in football. Same goes for WE/PES.

NickSCFC said:
1.jpg

Does seem to have alot of characteristics from the old Sega WorldWide Soccer games, such as the behind view and the cross on the radar. I'm pretty sure the old deveolment team is behind this game.

4.jpg
5.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
I still got WWS97 on the shelf, been sitting there for about 2 years gathering dust, I used to think it was the best footy game til PES came along. :)

johan said:
Other companies have tried to knock KONAMI down for a while now.. even FIFA with all the official crap and all but nothing beats WE/PES gameplay PERIOD. The only company that came CLOSE for some competing with Konami are or should I say WAS Namco with FK. But even FK looked primitive meaning WE5/6 was a thousand times better than FK.

Its like this Brazil .. love 'em or hate 'em they dominate and will always dominate and be best in football. Same goes for WE/PES.

You don't know what's going to happen in the future, so don't act like you do.

NickSCFC said:
1.jpg

Does seem to have alot of characteristics from the old Sega WorldWide Soccer games, such as the behind view and the cross on the radar. I'm pretty sure the old deveolment team is behind this game.

4.jpg
5.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

That was a great game for it's time

Ezio

Back
Top Bottom