PS3 PATCH IS OUT!

the difficulty has been increased, you cant just run past computer defenders now. stamina also lasts longer. replays are slightly improved but they have lowered the graphical detail. the edges are much more jagged now.

I'm at the edge of my wireless range so it's going to take a while for me to get this to download - does it also fix the wonky deflections?

Glad to hear that the patch is out for pes2008, anybody has any idea if there'll be a patch for we2008 as well?

downloaded the patch yesterday (after 10 attempts!) and this is what i think:

1) slowdown has been reduced (although there are still troubles when there are too much players on the screen, or shortly after a change of players)
2) the game has become much faster (players as well as ball)
3) the graphics have become worse (really looks like the ps2 version which i also own)
4) the grass/pitch looks inferior

all in all, i dont like it: the speed is much to high, the game looks ugly now (especially the pitch and when looking at the game from a wide camera view) and you feel like playing a ps2 game on ps3!

let´s forget about this version of the game, even seabass admited it sucks and play the ps2 version of "pes2008" instead: looks the same, has better modes and options (camera angle anyone?) and you are even able to play a cup or a leage against a friend in this version. and in the meantime we can only hope that seabass is really going back to the drawboard and comes up with a playable, goodlooking, all-modes-including version of our favourite game sometime in the future (in wouldn´t bother me if they would skip the next year´s version and release the next version of pes in 2009, as long as its a prober ps3 game)

Last edited:
cheers guys thanks for info, was gonna get a ps3 just for this game.
will hang fire on the ps3 for a while may come down again after crimbo
and give this game a complete miss as i have ps2 version.
cannot believe they have had this length of time an come up with this
pile of dog dirt.at least ps2 version is not so bad. but all this talk of slowdowns even in offline mode for a next gen console is quite disturbing.

Anyone know how I can remove this patch? Its way too quick for my liking. Also the pitches look minging, it has made a bad game even worse in my opinion.

Weve been totaly shafted with this game, ive been shouting out loud for years about how good the ISS and PRO EVO series was, and how poor FIFA was in comparison, I have to say, i dont have a good thing to say about PES 2008, its utter crap, the patch has not improved much at all, it looks rubbish, and the gameplay is very poor now. I bought a PS3 hoping to see a stunning PRO EVO, instead we got a very poor last gen load of bollocks.

The grass/pitch looked terrible already ! Is it worse ?
I've turned it to "full green" from system settings/color in the game menu ; but I did not download the patch already.That's why I wonder Howb can it be worse?
I was looking forward this game for so long but very disappointed.
Anyway did they fix the terrible goal sound ?
It is worse than ISS series ! You score a goal but you don't realize, stupid goal sound, and stupid referee whistle..

i really dont know what you guys are moaning about??
prior to installing the patch, i didnt have much slowdown except for when there was lot of players in the box and a lil in replays.
after installing the patch, my slowdown has completely gone.. even on replays!
the gameplay is still the same and the graphics look great!

NOTE: before i installed the patch i was playing on a standard tv.
Today i installed the patch and bought a 32' Philips LCD TV, playing with HDMI cables on 720p. My PES experience has improved alot and im happy to say im enjoying playing the game! =D

prior to installing the patch, i didnt have much slowdown except for when there was lot of players in the box and a lil in replays.

Today i installed the patch and bought a 32' Philips LCD TV, playing with HDMI cables on 720p. My PES experience has improved alot and im happy to say im enjoying playing the game! =D

Are you seriously happy with this years offering??...ive played it to death trying to see past the shortcomings, apart from the crap visual experience, the one thing that always used to set PES aside was the gameplay, its just not there anymore, the players move like robots, the ball doesnt feel right, the camera angles are very poor now,and, its full of bugs!!!....i will say though, its the 1st time in 10 years i have been dissapointed in Pro evo or ISS... i just hope its spectacular next year.

Are you seriously happy with this years offering??...ive played it to death trying to see past the shortcomings, apart from the crap visual experience, the one thing that always used to set PES aside was the gameplay, its just not there anymore, the players move like robots, the ball doesnt feel right, the camera angles are very poor now,and, its full of bugs!!!....i will say though, its the 1st time in 10 years i have been dissapointed in Pro evo or ISS... i just hope its spectacular next year.

well im not going to say im happy with the release as a whole, i did expect much much more from a game that was hyped up so much!
sure the game has its bugs and can be improved in certain aspects. Theres always something you wont like in a game, and i can give you a list of things about pes that shit me, but i truly do enjoy playing it.
for the 1st time in MANY years i also bought FIFA 08 on PS3 after playing at a friends house, and im very very impressed with how much it has improved since previous releases.

i agree with u 100%... the game roks have been playin this series right from the start and im opinion this has to be one of the best,

well im not going to say im happy with the release as a whole, i did expect much much more from a game that was hyped up so much!
sure the game has its bugs and can be improved in certain aspects. Theres always something you wont like in a game, and i can give you a list of things about pes that shit me, but i truly do enjoy playing it.
for the 1st time in MANY years i also bought FIFA 08 on PS3 after playing at a friends house, and im very very impressed with how much it has improved since previous releases.

I agree with you regarding FIFA i always buy it and play it for a couple of weeks till pro evo comes out, i have to say, this year is the 1st time i have been very impressed, i actually play it more than pro evo now, oh well, at least it gives seabass a much needed boot up his complacent arse, i look forward t0 pes 9, i hope its relaesed when its right this time.

well its a lot better and i mean a whole lot better than it was! dont know what you guys are on about if you dont think its better than it was

the quality of the graphics has been reduced. I assume so it can run smoother. so basically we are playing pro evo 6 again arent we? its not on. pathetic but a least i can play it now.

have to say off line - personally the game is flawless now -it helps haveing the WENB option file also (great stuff). I played one game on line last nite to see what that was like - it was the middle of the nite for you guys (i'm sadly living in the USA for a year or two) so the only person i couple play was some mexican with just about 1 bar (and during the game it was zero bars). But it was infinately better than any previous game i'd played against people with 2/3 bars.

Can anybody else confirm that the online has been fixed with this patch. I really don't want to be forced to download this patch since my copy plays smooth, unless if it fixes the online mode.

Konami says that this patch fix the online problems although it seems that's not completely true.

You can find information about the patch visiting Konami's website.

From Konami website:

PES 2008 Patch details for Xbox 360 and PS3

Information about the free update here

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has released updates to rectify issues with the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

The free download addresses the online lag and the slowdown that affects the game in both online and offline modes.

The PLAYSTATION®3 update also fixes problems associated with downloading the game to the console’s hard drive.

Konami will continue to look into ways to extend users’ enjoyment of PES 2008 and is still working on improvements.

At least they are still working in the game. I liked this patch a lot. It really improved online play. It's not perfect but now we can play.

I played 2 exhibition games after the patch but did not realise a difference.
Is it just for the online mode ?

Back
Top Bottom