The Retro-PES Corner

More realistic than the actual team spirit.
Yep I think so, although admittedly i only played the new games for a short time. But from what i had read from other posters, once the team spirit got too high the games became too easy.

Whereas teamwork in the older PES’ seems to bring more satisfaction once the team starts gelling and it still maintains its difficulty.

Between jl 2009 cc and jl 2010 cc ; the dribbling seems to be tighter in 2010 version, goalkeeper are quicker/more proactive in 2009 version. Personally I think 2009 has nice menus.
I can't translate at all but the earlier translated club championships help me get by most of the older ones as they're quite similar.

Both 2009JLCC and 2010 are really good games I do prefer 2009 though I think the gameplay is like a refined PES2008 where as 2010 is moving away to the newer gameplay as almost all of the post PES2008 games did. I do hope one day 2009JLCC gets some love.

One of the main reasons why I don't work on JWE2009 is the Asian clubs, the lineups are absolute mess.

All the Singaporean players have English citizenship.🙃 (Many of the Korean clubs that I've seen are also not accurate too.)
Screenshot (4359).png
Screenshot (4360).png
Screenshot (4358).png

Now that we're talking about retro-PES teamwork stat, I do also think it has a major impact.

I remember I was playing with a Croatian PES 6 patch, and midway through my first season, I purchased a higher rated goalkeeper (I think he was German), to play in Dinamo Zagreb. His stats were better, but suddenly, he started struggling quite a bit, not having good understanding with the defenders and missing a lot of game-changing saves. I am almost certain this was due to teamwork, not being accustomed to the team, and being a different nationality. I thought it was really accurate.

I have been playing WE9LE a lot recently having long considered PES 5 the greatest footy game ever made.

WE9LE is indeed a tweaked PES 5. Less fouls, maybe slightly more attacking AI and a few different animations. I wrote on the epic Retro PES thread about how it possibly even surpasses PES 5.

Now, having played it extensively for a few more weeks, I'm here to tell you that PES 5 is STILL the best footy game ever made. WE9LE is great but I gradually found the certain aspects is not as good as PES 5.

The shooting is not as varied. Shots tend to go centrally a lot, making it easier for the keeper save. Maybe to balance this, I started to notice that the keepers are very vulnerable at their near-post.

Also the fatigue system, in Master League especially, is toned down compared to PES 5.

And I know some people hate them, but I actually missed all the fouls and how those harsh refs make you have to consider each and every challenge.

PES 5 - THE greatest footy game from the greatest era of footy games. We will never see the likes again.

Having recently played another variant of PES5 specifically J.League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship, I have to agree with you. There are differences between the different versions for sure and what I noticed was the ball physics were worse in my opinion in WE9LE. As a result the passing, shooting and crossing all felt more flat and less varied to me in WE9LE and what I immediately noticed was that the passing was considerably quicker too, whereas it was slower in JLWE9AC which in turn made the game have a more realistic match tempo. Also I found JLWE9AC had a more tighter midfield and I actually found the AI to be slightly better too including in defensive awareness.

Getting tempted now to make a patch for JLWE9AC :THINK:

Now that we're talking about retro-PES teamwork stat, I do also think it has a major impact.

I remember I was playing with a Croatian PES 6 patch, and midway through my first season, I purchased a higher rated goalkeeper (I think he was German), to play in Dinamo Zagreb. His stats were better, but suddenly, he started struggling quite a bit, not having good understanding with the defenders and missing a lot of game-changing saves. I am almost certain this was due to teamwork, not being accustomed to the team, and being a different nationality. I thought it was really accurate.

Same with me, I bought a striker I think his name was Cwarim or something. Maybe he was a classic player with a made up name. His stats were very high many in the red, but he was poor. He couldnt pass, couldnt shoot, i kept giving him chances to play but he was useless. I believe it was because of the teamwork stat.

Any chance you've got a list or links to all of your translations mate? You (and whoever helps) do such an amazing job.

Sure! :) Here you go:

• Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen - COMING SOON!

Having recently played another variant of PES5 specifically J.League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship, I have to agree with you. There are differences between the different versions for sure and what I noticed was the ball physics were worse in my opinion in WE9LE. As a result the passing, shooting and crossing all felt more flat and less varied to me in WE9LE and what I immediately noticed was that the passing was considerably quicker too, whereas it was slower in JLWE9AC which in turn made the game have a more realistic match tempo. Also I found JLWE9AC had a more tighter midfield and I actually found the AI to be slightly better too including in defensive awareness.

You should add these teams to your patch if you ended up working on it.
jwe92-jpg.257454

Interesting I have never played JLWE9AC if you say this may be better than PES 5 and WE9LE then I have to check this out, Thanks mate and to everyone else here, these insights have led to me finding some great games. (goes without saying a patch for that would be amazing)

Interesting I have never played JLWE9AC if you say this may be better than PES 5 and WE9LE then I have to check this out, Thanks mate and to everyone else here, these insights have led to me finding some great games. (goes without saying a patch for that would be amazing)

JLWE9AC > WE9 (J) > PES 5 > WE9LE. There's a translated ISO of JLWE9AC here: https://sharemods.com/ivt4xy0e4yyr/WE9JLACENG.rar.html

Last edited:

yes after a few games the teamwork increased and some players became monstars on the pitch

also the players with more teamwork would increase and link faster with the others

JLWE9AC > WE9 > PES 5 > WE9LE. There's a translated ISO of JLWE9AC here: https://sharemods.com/ivt4xy0e4yyr/WE9JLACENG.rar.html
I tried out JLWE9A and yes it's an excellent version of PES it does feel different to PES5 and WE9LE it feels a little bit faster and one of the matches I played against R.Madrid was a really tough match especially the Midfield battle, the GK's were also noticeably tougher. It also has a decent selection of stadiums which is something that is nice, even as it is with the limited selection of Euro teams it makes a great game to do a knockout tournamount.

Hi can you explain your method to unlock hidden teams?
Use Cheat Engine, open the process of PCSX2 that's currently running, and find these bytes.

JLWE9 = 39 00 00 00 4A 00 00 00 4B 00 00 00 56 00 00 00 57 00 00 00 63 00 00 00 64 00 00 00 6E 00 00 00 6F 00 00 00
JLWE10 & JLWE2007 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 1E 00 00 00 1F 00 00 00
JLWE2008 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 21 00 00 00
JLWE2009 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 23 00 00 00 24 00 00 00
JLWE2010 = 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 25 00 00 00
PES6/WE10 & Everything else up to PES 2014 = 00 00 00 00 13 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 1F 00 00 00 20 00 00 00

You'll have to figure out everything by yourself afterwards.

Here are some examples :
JLWE9
Screenshot (4378).png
Screenshot (4379).png
JLWE10
Screenshot (4384).png
Screenshot (4390).png
*Rawore and Canuch works but you can't modify them with edit mode.

In most cases you'll need to find the bytes above twice.
To make the changes permanent you'll need to hex edit the SLPM_661.69 (JLWE9, on other game it will be with different game id.) and the over.afs file inside your iso.

Note : Most of the teams do not work and it's mostly useful for making the Become a Legend/Fantasista teams to be playable. (JLWE9 is an exception.)

I tried out JLWE9A and yes it's an excellent version of PES it does feel different to PES5 and WE9LE it feels a little bit faster and one of the matches I played against R.Madrid was a really tough match especially the Midfield battle, the GK's were also noticeably tougher. It also has a decent selection of stadiums which is something that is nice, even as it is with the limited selection of Euro teams it makes a great game to do a knockout tournamount.
It's interesting you found it slightly faster. I found JLWE9AC and PES5 to be a similar speed but WE9LE to be slightly faster. Glad you are enjoying it. For me it would be even better if it had a Master League with European teams as well but unfortunately its just the J.League and K-League only.

Back
Top Bottom