The Master League adventures thread

What's the default team's "team spirit" like? Guessing it must be great this year, otherwise you'd just spend every week getting thrashed.

I went back to my ML for a few hours last night and the team spirit was always a correct predictor of who would win, but by ridiculous scores. I went with Preston North End, who have a maximum of ~45 at the start, and it's constant thrashings at the hands of teams who have higher team spirit (i.e. everyone).

I had an old save where I'd picked Burnley, whose team spirit was pretty high from the start (70+ I think), and instead it was me handing out the thrashings.

It's so imbalanced, and it's a shame, because it's one of the features I think really separates PES from FIFA (I'm sick of the career mode in FIFA, it stagnated long before this year, and "team spirit" is such a great idea).

I think the default setting is realistic, if you're gonna use weak players against the other teams established players what do you expect?
Of course everybody is going to piss on you in the first season but if you buy decent players at cheap prices and persist it gets better. I know the whole thing is scripted anyway but by the middle of the second season your team spirit improves from the 40's up to the 70's and by season 3 with the right players brought in and the selling of shite players it starts to play more balanced and you end up in the 90's.

I'm on Professional with manual shooting and passing and I tweaked the goalies and "destroyers" and it's enjoyable most of the time and if it gets too easy I'll move up to top player. It's not all bad.

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the fake teams out of the Uefa cup?

It's rubbish when you are playing a master league and then all of a sudden get drawn into a group of 3 made up teams with names spelled with x's z's and 7's

I believe this can be done on the PC version, not consoles though.

I've actually restarted my ML.

Decided to edit all the other team's goalies in my league, obviously there might be an issue further down the years when players retire, but basically made there goalies pretty good. I also changed my shooting to manual. I've left the passing as basic setting, so that it's not too tailored.

But so far, I've still started like a house on fire, although did draw against Gala and lost my first EL v Ajax at home, 3-2.

FD

I believe this can be done on the PC version, not consoles though.

I've actually restarted my ML.

Decided to edit all the other team's goalies in my league, obviously there might be an issue further down the years when players retire, but basically made there goalies pretty good. I also changed my shooting to manual. I've left the passing as basic setting, so that it's not too tailored.

But so far, I've still started like a house on fire, although did draw against Gala and lost my first EL v Ajax at home, 3-2.

FD

I have started a master league with Milan with all other teams keepers improved. I chose Italy as I wanted to see if there was more day games than the premier league, which I had previously started with Newcastle, but couldn't stand the constant night games

I am not doing too well. I think that since the last patch there has been a slight increase in shooting difficulty, which was way too easy. I am also finding that the opposition is more aggressive.

One thing is still in the game is that fast players unbalance games. If you have a very quick player it is too easy to get space or dribble around a lot of players. For this reason I haven't bought any fast players and put my two quickest players - Menez and Cerci up for sale.

They should add the new European teams in the latest patch to the Eufa cup to get rid of the made up fake teams

I think the default setting is realistic, if you're gonna use weak players against the other teams established players what do you expect?
Of course everybody is going to piss on you in the first season but if you buy decent players at cheap prices and persist it gets better. I know the whole thing is scripted anyway but by the middle of the second season your team spirit improves from the 40's up to the 70's and by season 3 with the right players brought in and the selling of shite players it starts to play more balanced and you end up in the 90's.

I'm on Professional with manual shooting and passing and I tweaked the goalies and "destroyers" and it's enjoyable most of the time and if it gets too easy I'll move up to top player. It's not all bad.

I think this is what team spirit is all about or meant to be, but Konami just can't find the balance the players need. I also play full manual with edited player traits and tactics like you do, and the game is just great. But not all people can play/likes to play on full manuals. I'm guessing that the game might become too easy when we play full assisted against team with low team spirit. High scores once in a while is good, but too much high scores breaks the game.

I also changed my shooting to manual. I've left the passing as basic setting, so that it's not too tailored.

You should practice manual passing, it's a lot better as we have freedom where we want to place the ball. It makes the gameplay a lot more realistic imo

I think this is what team spirit is all about or meant to be, but Konami just can't find the balance the players need. I also play full manual with edited player traits and tactics like you do, and the game is just great. But not all people can play/likes to play on full manuals. I'm guessing that the game might become too easy when we play full assisted against team with low team spirit. High scores once in a while is good, but too much high scores breaks the game.

You should practice manual passing, it's a lot better as we have freedom where we want to place the ball. It makes the gameplay a lot more realistic imo

Unfortunately Elja that's the position we find ourselves in, Konami couldn't care less about players who want a sim they're only interested in action packed matches online for kids.

I'm actually enjoying it with adjusted settings, Professional allows you to improve at the game cos you're not getting hassled off the ball all the time and the goalie doesn't have a sore back from picking the ball up from the back of the net.

What's the answer? Sliders? At least we could adjust it while allowing online have their goalfest end to end rubbish.

Deco, I agree playing on professional is the way to go. The AI plays more 'human', many pass and shot error. Tried 5 games on my ML and I'm loving it. Professional 15 minutes, manual passing and shooting, -1 game speed.

Deco, I agree playing on professional is the way to go. The AI plays more 'human', many pass and shot error. Tried 5 games on my ML and I'm loving it. Professional 15 minutes, manual passing and shooting, -1 game speed.

The same settings that I use Elja, I got promoted after my third season it's good fun. .. don't get disheartened when scripting mugs you. . there's some decent football in some of the matches.

I have started a master league with Milan with all other teams keepers improved. I chose Italy as I wanted to see if there was more day games than the premier league, which I had previously started with Newcastle, but couldn't stand the constant night games

I am not doing too well. I think that since the last patch there has been a slight increase in shooting difficulty, which was way too easy. I am also finding that the opposition is more aggressive.

One thing is still in the game is that fast players unbalance games. If you have a very quick player it is too easy to get space or dribble around a lot of players. For this reason I haven't bought any fast players and put my two quickest players - Menez and Cerci up for sale.

They should add the new European teams in the latest patch to the Eufa cup to get rid of the made up fake teams

Did you find that there are more day games in Serie A? I was testing out a theory last night.

I swapped all the teams in the English league 1 & 2 with their Italian counterparts. I put the remaining 2 english teams (weakest i could find in div 2) into Other european teams. Swapped the names and competition logos etc. as well. I then started a ML with an english team, but the first game i got was a night game. At this point i got very frustrated and didn't carry through the testing.

If italian leagues do have fewer night games (or less cloudy games which look worse than night) then this might be a workaround for those wanting to play a english master league with more day games

Yes, I knew about la liga but italy is the only one in europe that you can edit properly and has 2 leagues.

The downside to my method that i can see so far is :

-if you have any old ML save, the league names and logos will get swapped for english and italian leagues.
-2 english teams will need to be put in other european because serie b has only 22 slots which cant be changed. Fake italian teams from other european will all fit into england

I will do some more testing when I have more time, meanwhile if anyone has the time, please feel free to test out this method and post the results here

Need to get back onto this.

Not because I'm bored of it, just Xmas has caught up and had some kitchen work done, so meant I had to put stuff away.

But will defo get it out again and get my ML underway again.

FD

No where else to post this. (Sorry I know you guys are on 2016 now)

Just started a new ML on PES 2015 PS3. Top Player, 4 bar assist (though may lower), and manual shooting.

I decided to go for QPR in the Championship to try to get them back up.

Transfers

In

Augustin (GK) from Youth Team
N. Delfouneso (CF) from Blackpool for £3,000,000
J. O'Sullivan (RWF) from Blackburn Rovers for £2,000,000
J. Hellan (LMF) from Sheffield Wednesday for £830,000

Some interesting transfers

D. Wellbeck and J. Campbell from Arsenal to Barcelona
F. Lampard back to Chelsea
D. Drogba to...... Tottenham!

Fixture 1

Charlton 0 QPR 1 (C. Austin 71)

Fixture 2

QPR 2 (C. Austin 70, 89) Fulham 2 (B. Ruiz 45, 56)

Funny thing is, I noticed that QPR came back from 2-0 down against Brighton in real life tonight with Austin the scorer.

We are 7th at the moment, next up Wolves away.

Actually finding it ok even though it seems all ML games are played at night.

I tried FIFA 2016 for a bit but I really cannot get into but I don't know why. PES 2016 is a bit of a joke at the moment so I have gone back to 2015.

Yeah geeee, PES 2015 has everything that is missing in PES 2016, more fouls, better AI, better goalies, it's just a better game overall for me.

After the 1.03 patch, 2016 is getting on track as well, but just not quite there yet.

Hi Elja, yeh at the moment the low shots and lack of whistle blowing from the ref is killing it for me in 2016. Hopefully a patch will fix it but i have my doubts.

A question regarding 2015, are all ML games at night? Does it depend on the stadium? Also, when editing is it possible to change the player growth? It used to be on the older ones but i cannot find it in 2015.

Thanks

No, not all games are night games. in 2015 there is a preview of the stadium before we start a match so we know the time and weather of the match. If you save and reload your master league, most of the time the time and weather will change.

Ok thanks, it's just that I started a ML last week and played 4 games that were night. I decided to start another one yesterday because I didn't want classic players appearing and so far all night games in this one too :CONF:

Don't really want to keep restarting as it takes a while to load up. :ZZZ:

As it happens I played 3 games last night and all of them were in the day time. :)

Fixture 3

Wolves 1 (K. Doyle 86) QPR 0

Fixture 4

Sheffield Wed 1 (G. Madine 73) QPR 0

Getting slaughtered on Top Player

So decided to move up to Super Star and also played on Blimp camera.

Fixture 5

QPR 1 (S. Polter 85) Reading 0

At last we got a win against 4th placed opposition. Our sub with the goal. Superstar seems a bit easier because the CPU attacks more. Also I enjoy Blimp camera but it can be a strain on the eyes especially when I forgot to change the teams kits. Both QPR and Reading playing in Blue and white. :BLINK:

Up to 14th now. :D

PES2015 PS3

FA Cup Round 2

Ipswich v QPR

I have to say that so far this has been my best match because the CPU played so different. Long passes, crosses, lots of shots. It was end to end stuff. It finished 2-2 at full time and no goals in extra time so I had my first penalty shoot out. I was so nervous but after we both missed our first penalties we went on to win 5-4.

I left the unfit Hoilett out and picked Mackie who scored this wonderful goal to make it 1-2. Sorry it's not great quality video.

http://youtu.be/QWQg3iNV9Gs

Next up in the cup is Southampton.

Well decided to stop my campaign with Banilla, but have restarted with an old fav, AS Rodos of Greece.

I'm still playing in the ESL that I created.

Just started the season.

I've created a few players with various qualities, not a super team in any way and trying to watch out who I buy.

Have brought in some experienced Greek players in Salpingidis and Tziolis.

Started off not bad so far in league, around 3rd or 4th at the moment after a defeat to Maribor.

In the Europa League and have got off to a good start against Fiorentina and Cantelsipor (sp?).

FD

dfs_wl_gre_rodos_fc.gif

Well enjoying my Rodos campaign so far.

I've created a lot of players, but no real world beaters, do have a very good playmaker in Julio Zeus.

Mind you I'm a good way behind Galatasary (around 7 points), who defeated me 3-0 (away) and just in the Europa League spot at the moment.

Have just came off a bad run of form, find my self top of the Europa League after a win against Muschwitz (sp? - fake Euro team - Aus?) and then followed that up by a 8-0 win against Besiktas. :D That score has seemed a bit of a one-off as I've struggled to score of late up until the last couple of games.

Have brought in a young Chinese striker Aidong Feng who has done pretty well, although trying to have as many Greek players as I can.

Was hoping to sign Abdelouye Ba (Fenerbahce?) but he seems to have disappeared from the game totally since the update, as has Ryo Miyachi who I have used to sign.

Got a couple of signing targets, but will see how it goes.

FD

dfs_wl_gre_rodos_fc.gif

Well Rodos continue decent form, still in Europa Spot in the league at moment due to the consistency of the top teams, headed by Galatasary. A 5-1 comprehensive win against Qarabag keeps the recent good form going.

Although in the last game, in Europa League needed a point to guarantee qualification, away to Fiorentina.

Found myself 1-0 down, however Captain Mihalis Stavros scored an equaliser, however in 81st minute Fiorentina manager Valero scored to make it 2-1, tried to press for an equaliser but to no avail.

So it seemed a defeat would mean we would need to pick up something from our final game, however Cantelispor were beaten, so the final whistle was met with our players celebrating (although bizarrely Fiorentina players did not, even though they are above me now and qualified).

Had Gronigen come in with a £15m bid for Nigerian Centre Half Sharbel Toumba, however I am not going to accept at the moment, but do intend to sell him off, and possibly bring in another young Greek defende or such. I may elect to try and swap him for Genoa Greek midfielder Tachtidis though if I can.

On a sidenote I love some of the little snippets put into the game, when playing Qarabag the commentator said that they hadn't scored in 450 minutes or so, which I thought was pretty cool, there was also a comment in an earlier game about how the team had a poor run of form and hadn't won for so long.

FD

dfs_wl_gre_rodos_fc.gif

Well my Rodos team are continuing on their great run, managed to come within 4 points of Galatasary so far and find ourselves in 2nd spot (joint).

Also managed to beat Cantelispor and Fiorentina slipped up in their final game so I won Europa League group on GD and now face Marseille.

Had long term injuries to Stavros and Zeus, however they are being ably covered with Castolis (created) and Feng.

Decided to swap Toumba for Tachtsidis from Genoa, and am making moves for Abdoul Ba (200cm - RC Lens) and Kanji (Helsinki) to boost the back and forward line.

Tried bidding for both Salah's from Egypt however they're looking for a lot of money and I don't want to spend that kind of money on them, so I'll maybe try and wait till their available on a free or some other way of getting them.

FD

PES 2015 PS3

ML Season 1 (not to be confused with the one I was playing in December, I started another one with changed team tactics :P)

QPR

August

Burnley 1 v QPR 1
Charlton 1 v QPR 0

Transfers - In

N. Delfouneso from Blackpool £1,800,000
B. Afobe from Wolves £420,000
D. Solanke a free agent

Trying to bolster the attack a bit.

September

QPR 0 v Fulham 2
Wolves 1 v QPR 1
Sheffield Wed 3 QPR 1
QPR 3 v Reading 2
Nottm Forest 0 v QPR 1

FA Cup 2nd Round

QPR 1 v Blackpool 0

The winner scored by N. Delfouneso knocking his old team out of the cup. He is also showing some promise

October

QPR 1 v Middlesbrough 1
Ipswich 1 v QPR 1
QPR 4 v Blackburn 0
QPR 0 v Bolton 1
Brighton 3 v QPR 4

November

QPR 2 v Cardiff 3
Derby 0 v QPR 0
Huddersfield 0 v QPR 1
QPR 1 v Wigan 0
QPR 3 v Rotherham 0

QPR goal of the month - K. Henry v Rotherham

Also, a great clearance off the line by P. Green (Rotherham)

A bit of a slow start but up to 6th now and 2 points off the play off places. In December we have some tough games against Millwall who are currently 2nd, and Hull who are currently top. It will be a chance to show our premier league credentials.

PES 2015 PS3

ML Season 1 (not to be confused with the one I was playing in December, I started another one with changed team tactics :P)

QPR

August

Burnley 1 v QPR 1
Charlton 1 v QPR 0

Transfers - In

N. Delfouneso from Blackpool £1,800,000
B. Afobe from Wolves £420,000
D. Solanke a free agent

Trying to bolster the attack a bit.

September

QPR 0 v Fulham 2
Wolves 1 v QPR 1
Sheffield Wed 3 QPR 1
QPR 3 v Reading 2
Nottm Forest 0 v QPR 1

FA Cup 2nd Round

QPR 1 v Blackpool 0

The winner scored by N. Delfouneso knocking his old team out of the cup. He is also showing some promise

October

QPR 1 v Middlesbrough 1
Ipswich 1 v QPR 1
QPR 4 v Blackburn 0
QPR 0 v Bolton 1
Brighton 3 v QPR 4

November

QPR 2 v Cardiff 3
Derby 0 v QPR 0
Huddersfield 0 v QPR 1
QPR 1 v Wigan 0
QPR 3 v Rotherham 0

QPR goal of the month - K. Henry v Rotherham

Also, a great clearance off the line by P. Green (Rotherham)

A bit of a slow start but up to 6th now and 2 points off the play off places. In December we have some tough games against Millwall who are currently 2nd, and Hull who are currently top. It will be a chance to show our premier league credentials.

That's the best clearance I've seen in the game so far Geeeee. . . why aren't you playing with Tottingham? lol!

That's the best clearance I've seen in the game so far Geeeee. . . why aren't you playing with Tottingham? lol!

Lol yeh i thought about playing with Spurs but couldnt take the pressure and would probably get relegated. Seriously when i decided to start a ML QPR just got Jimmy Flloyd as there manager so i thought that would be a good challenge. Also i like the idea of being able to manage different teams throughout my career. I was reading abcdefg's post (i think on the PES 2015 forum) and he's been playing about 20 seasons managing different teams and i quite like that idea.

Have you started a ML on 2016? If so it would be good to hear how its going.

I've been having a few good scraps in the penalty area, kicking balls at defenders and attackers in a frantic button smashing moment. And that clearance i just had to record it. Its just a shame that the camera angles on the saved replays are rubbish. The best ones were on PES5.

Lol yeh i thought about playing with Spurs but couldnt take the pressure and would probably get relegated. Seriously when i decided to start a ML QPR just got Jimmy Flloyd as there manager so i thought that would be a good challenge. Also i like the idea of being able to manage different teams throughout my career. I was reading abcdefg's post (i think on the PES 2015 forum) and he's been playing about 20 seasons managing different teams and i quite like that idea.

Have you started a ML on 2016? If so it would be good to hear how its going.

I've been having a few good scraps in the penalty area, kicking balls at defenders and attackers in a frantic button smashing moment. And that clearance i just had to record it. Its just a shame that the camera angles on the saved replays are rubbish. The best ones were on PES5.

I've started a new Master league with Real Sociedad and am doing ok bought my fav trio .. Torres. . . de Marcos and Gabbiadini the main men. Having some great matches although just got beaten by Sevilla with one of those badly scripted games where the A.I won't let you win a tackle string 2 passes together or allow you to threaten the keeper, nothing can be done even using 3 different formations, really enjoying it though . . are you getting a bit excited about Spurs Geeee? They've got a chance of the league this year and play great football , love to see them or leicester win it.

I'd love to be able to turn off development in Master League or even be allowed to transfer players in League mode.

Back
Top Bottom