The Master League adventures thread

well, not many teams can do a perfect season...that'd be too unrealistic no? haha...

Yeah but I was so freaking close I might as well have accomplished it. Even in PES 2008 I came so close to a perfect season on Pro difficulty as well but the final league fixture is where the CPU grabbed me by the neck shattered my winning streak. Idk if it's because of scripting or what, I'm winning non-stop then all of a sudden I run into a wall... The AI team just dominates me and is faster/harder to steal the ball from them. Seems like the only way to win every single league fixture is to play on Amateur or Beginner, that way the CPU will never put up a fight and you'll win every single match easily. :THINK:

Anyone knows how to change the ball on ML? I play primera division and the ball is awful. Couldn't find an option id edit.

You set this in the Competition date in the edit section prior to starting ML.

You might be able to change it and it will apply but not sure on that, as I haven't started ML yet.

Well I'm almost finished editing all the teams, only a few teams to do and that'll be me, managed to find a host of online kits so that'll help, only a few teams I've just edited as best I can myself. So by the weekend I should be up and ready to start off with my Banilla team. I was contemplating editing to Glenburn Utd instead (Fictional Scottish Team), but I may just stick with Banilla. I'll see how I feel when I'm ready to go, I just always prefer Celtic to be the leading team for Scotland and not take all the glory away, lol, although they are in the same league as me so I hope to do that anyway.

Also managed to edit some faces via youtube for some of the Celtic players who have turned out really well.

FD

You set this in the Competition date in the edit section prior to starting ML.

You might be able to change it and it will apply but not sure on that, as I haven't started ML yet.

Well I'm almost finished editing all the teams, only a few teams to do and that'll be me, managed to find a host of online kits so that'll help, only a few teams I've just edited as best I can myself. So by the weekend I should be up and ready to start off with my Banilla team. I was contemplating editing to Glenburn Utd instead (Fictional Scottish Team), but I may just stick with Banilla. I'll see how I feel when I'm ready to go, I just always prefer Celtic to be the leading team for Scotland and not take all the glory away, lol, although they are in the same league as me so I hope to do that anyway.

Also managed to edit some faces via youtube for some of the Celtic players who have turned out really well.

FD

No option to change the ball in Master League. . I couldn't find it.

It brings you to each country and the competitions for each country when you're editing so no Master League edit. . unless its hidden somewhere.

What?:BLINK:

That's where the Master League teams are taken from, dependant on what league you choose. Click on whatever league your playing in and change the settings to suit.

FD

Fuck you're right I was looking at master League as a stand alone competition forgot you alter it through the Leagues for each country. Thanks for that I hate that ball I'm using now cant see it on a misty rainy day.

Well since DP1 has messed up my editing plans and not having a clue what DP2 is going to fix/fuck up, I thought I should get on with playing matches and a ML.

Went for the Brazilian League but transferred in Club Nacional of Uruguay in as my team. I'm really enjoying it so far, it's a really fun league to use and all the licenced kits look great. The games are varied some very open, others hard fought. Some annoying scripting as mentioned by everyone but I'm easy going about it for now. Still got a semi on from a last second winner against Sport Recife FYI.

Gallarjo and Saradillo have been regulars from the youth team and D.POLENTA has become a team leader. The great A. RECOBA is there for cameo performances but teams are offering silly money for him. He's 39 so I'm just ignoring the offers as it's unrealistic.

One thing I'm not keen on is the fact all the free agent players are available for free transfers. I bagged J. LARRIVEY and Nicolas Lopez and a CB called FERRARI. They've been excellent but looking back it felt like cheating a bit. There's loads of duplicate players around the leagues as well now, which is a bit annoying.

Team spirit above 90 atm using a long ball, counter attack style that suits my players. Just wondering if the players will adapt in style if I change my tactics as I'd like to play differently going forward. Anybody noticed those 'bars' (?) that show how suited they are to different tactics eg Short Pass/Long Pass or Front Line Pressure/All out defence etc change or are they set in stone?

And so it begins.

Banilla%20logo_zpsigz22gw5.jpg

Banilla F.C. season 2015-2016 has now started in the European Super League, Banilla F.C. even as the newest formed team in the league against names such as Celtic, Rangers, Fenerbahce and Dinamo Zagreb to name a few.

Banilla have also won entry into the Europa League via a lottery system.

Banilla have made numerous moves into the transfer market including a record £5.5m capture of African born Portugese winger Bruma.

galatasaray-converted.png
v

1-1

Banilla picked up an away point in their first ever game, Mario Caprini found the net to equalise after Galatasary had went 1-0 up.
v
brand.gif

6-0

Banilla in their first competitive game at home ran riot against the Norwegian club, record signing Bruma, as well as young Brazilian striker Paolo Roberto found the net.

brand.gif
v

2-3

Banilla went back to Turkey quickly after winning a point in their previous trip to Turkey. Ahyan put Fener 1-0 up, however Caprini found the net with a header after a Ibrahimi Salah shot was saved, Banilla's Argentine young playmaker Julio Armando then found the net with a shot from the edge of the box. Ahyan then equalised with just under 10 minutes to go, however Banilla subsitute Toze Marreco found the corner of the net in the 93rd minute after fellow sub Gelson Martins set him up to grab the 3 points in the dying minutes of extra-time.

v
brand.gif

4-1

Banilla started their debut European adventure in emphatic style with a comprehensive 4-1 win over La Liga opponents, Malaga. Malaga went into the lead on the half hour mark with veteran Santa Cruz scoring, however Banilla's Jamaican Ricardo Gardner (not the ex-Bolton player) rattled in a 20 yard equaliser, into the second half, youngster Paolo Roberto then bagged a brace in the 66th and 85th minute to head Banilla's towards their first European win, then substitute Toze Marreco grabbed an 87th minute 4th goal to grab a historic win for the club.

Banilla who are in 2nd place, have started off very well indeed and hope to continue their impressive form.

FD

Started with St Etienne. The offers I received for two 32yo side backs were higher than I what I would have to pay to buy transfer listed Morata and Herrera (of Man U)...

Guess that's one way to score against your ex-team.

Have to say as was mentioned previously, I've started off the ML with this created league, but I'm absolute killing it.

I usually play 15 minutes per half, but may reduce this to 10. However it's mainly due to the scoreline.

Althoug it's on superstar, I'm winning games by 8-9-10+ goals, so the enjoyment is going out pretty quickly.

Whilst I have a few players who are well rated, I don't think they should be making this big a difference.

May try to change the time and see how it goes.

FD

I am playing with Saint Etienne. Superstar, full manual 14 minute games. No transfers in the summer period. Transfer listed players in January.

The squad is good but I need some quality players in order to be able to compete for the Champions League on the team's centenary in 2019!

Up to now I have had quite a few injuries. 4 for long periods (8 to 10 weeks), and a couple more for 2 or 3. Most of them were caused in game.

The derbies are extremely hard! Countless sliding tackles and interceptions. The away against Lyon was one of the worst experiences I have had in PES! In the final minutes their fans were shouting ole after every pass. I only managed to be competitive in these games when I got focused defensively. I had the DMs follow the opposing midfielders' movements and one of the two CBs marking the striker.

Guess that's one way to score against your ex-team.

Have to say as was mentioned previously, I've started off the ML with this created league, but I'm absolute killing it.

I usually play 15 minutes per half, but may reduce this to 10. However it's mainly due to the scoreline.

Althoug it's on superstar, I'm winning games by 8-9-10+ goals, so the enjoyment is going out pretty quickly.

Whilst I have a few players who are well rated, I don't think they should be making this big a difference.

May try to change the time and see how it goes.

FD

I had to do the same thing in ML because the scorelines are ridiculous. The team spirit completely changes the gameplay, even 10 minute games can seem like a chore though :(

How does the team spirit affect the gameplay?

I'm playing a ML with Atletico Madrid, and i'm enjoying it. I play very dominant football, but i only have one very high score a 6-0 against second division club Mallorca in the Spanish cup. This can happen.

Perhaps my Atletico Madrid team is better than the real one, but i enjoy playing champagne football...perhaps it will become worse and then i will give it up too...

I ahven't done any transfer so far (a couple of outgoing, but no incoming), but i will search for a DMF and a CB in the next transfer window...

I'm playing a ML with Atletico Madrid, and i'm enjoying it. I play very dominant football, but i only have one very high score a 6-0 against second division club Mallorca in the Spanish cup. This can happen.

Perhaps my Atletico Madrid team is better than the real one, but i enjoy playing champagne football...perhaps it will become worse and then i will give it up too...

I ahven't done any transfer so far (a couple of outgoing, but no incoming), but i will search for a DMF and a CB in the next transfer window...

Gerd I take it that you're using the real squad with Athletico so you more than likely have a good team spirit anyway. I'm using default players with Leeds and it took me a season and a half of wheeling and dealing to get half decent players and now my team spirit is in the 90's.

The higher the team spirit the better your team will play but bringing in good players that you've bought can disrupt the team spirit for a while.

I have no proof other than the fact the game is completely different in master league compared to league mode. All I can deduce is the lower the team spirit the slower the 'brains' are of the AI controlled players.

My best test for this is to give the AI a throw in deep in their own defensive half. UAE your nearest player to mark the receiving player who is at an angle from the throw in taker. Then, just before the throw in is taken sprint towards the player who is mirror opposite the throw in taker. Against teams with lower team spirit you are far more likely to rob the ball and have a free run on goal.

My guess is that the team spirit affects the responsiveness and the calculation time of the players. Either way playing against teams with lower team spirit is far too easy even on high difficulty, and If not easy, unrewarding due to the cheap nature of goals (combined with some bad defensive tactical set ups). The defence are often like zombies and you can end up scoring for or five by half time

I'm probably completely wrong about that but I can say for sure master league plays very differently to league mode and the only reason that makes sense is team spirit

Master League always played differently to the other modes going back to early Pes. The whole idea of it was to use default players and gradually build up a good team.

Do you notice that stamina of players are always before match on full?

even after national games break,i always got all squad with full stamina...

Do you notice that stamina of players are always before match on full?

even after national games break,i always got all squad with full stamina...

No they are not. .. I've noticed a lot of my regular players are only 75% full at start of some matches.

Master League always played differently to the other modes going back to early Pes. The whole idea of it was to use default players and gradually build up a good team.
What's the default team's "team spirit" like? Guessing it must be great this year, otherwise you'd just spend every week getting thrashed.

I went back to my ML for a few hours last night and the team spirit was always a correct predictor of who would win, but by ridiculous scores. I went with Preston North End, who have a maximum of ~45 at the start, and it's constant thrashings at the hands of teams who have higher team spirit (i.e. everyone).

I had an old save where I'd picked Burnley, whose team spirit was pretty high from the start (70+ I think), and instead it was me handing out the thrashings.

It's so imbalanced, and it's a shame, because it's one of the features I think really separates PES from FIFA (I'm sick of the career mode in FIFA, it stagnated long before this year, and "team spirit" is such a great idea).

Well, i must say that i find my ML with Atletico Madrid pretty balanced.

Yesterday i played 3 matches: a 3-0 win against Deportivo La Coruna, a 2-0 win (home) against Wolfsburg in the CL and a 1-2 loss against Valencia.

That match against Valencia was one where i had the impression that no matter what i did, my player were always second on the ball, but i try not to let it bother me...

Perhaps i should start a league to see the difference.

The thing that infuriates me most with Konami is that PEs isn't more customizable. Give us the choice to play team spirit or not, or give us a slider about the influence of team spirit.

This game also needs objective testers...

It could be to do with the lower skill level of the players, Gerd - perhaps whatever the AI wants to implement is hugely overpowered when the players' attributes aren't high enough to provide balance.

In any football game, though, I usually start in the lowest English league available, to put together a "career" for myself (work my way up). So it's disappointing if it turns out those second-tier teams shouldn't really be used.

To add further fuel to that "balance" fire, there was a guy in the main PES 2016 thread who mentioned that, against some teams, they would score immediately from kick off - I was glad to see someone else having the same issue as me, but as a second-tier team with a team spirit of less than 50, in a cup game against a top-tier team with a team spirit of over 50, the AI was 4-0 up at half time (and I replayed the fixture over and over again, never getting to half time without conceding a goal). English cup ties are usually tight affairs, a bit unpredictable... This was anything but.

I might start again as an average Premier League team tonight and see if it drastically changes my gameplay experience...

Last edited:
I think it's a combination of the tram spirit and the bad tactics. The championship sides have the worst moat default crappy tactics imaginable and too many of them have conservative pressuring, you can literally score from kick off.

All I can tell you is of you play league mode you can use the same teams and have tight 0-0 /1-0 games with 15 min duration but play the same fixture on master league and the score will be 7-2

All I can tell you is of you play league mode you can use the same teams and have tight 0-0 /1-0 games with 15 min duration but play the same fixture on master league and the score will be 7-2
That would suggest it's "team spirit" then, surely!

Do we know exactly how it's implemented? I've uploaded a few videos of where my players start doing extra-long first touches directly into the path of the AI etc. - at which point I switch off the game, because in the era of consoles with octo-core CPUs, things like "team spirit" should absolutely not be implemented via AI cheats and shortcuts lifted directly from the PSX era. That stuff only happens to me when I'm playing an ML game, and it's way too much of a coincidence.

It's the only reason why I give FIFA much more of a chance before I dismiss it - because whatever happens, bullshit like that won't, but in a PES game it always will.

Back
Top Bottom