The Master League adventures thread

The scripting in Master League is the worst I've ever encountered on a Pes game. . .I thought Pes 2013 had heavy scripting. It's like a case of how dare you score against us. I got promoted eventually to Serie A with Cagliari and it looks like it will be a short visit. .hadn't got time to unpack and every team is beating me and it's nothing to do with tactics.

Should have called it Mission Impossible with the default players. . .every match is the same I go 1 up. . . they equalise then go ahead and it ends up 3-2 or 2-1 to them.

I still enjoy the game but this is hard to endure.

The scripting in Master League is the worst I've ever encountered on a Pes game. . .I thought Pes 2013 had heavy scripting. It's like a case of how dare you score against us. I got promoted eventually to Serie A with Cagliari and it looks like it will be a short visit. .hadn't got time to unpack and every team is beating me and it's nothing to do with tactics.

Should have called it Mission Impossible with the default players. . .every match is the same I go 1 up. . . they equalise then go ahead and it ends up 3-2 or 2-1 to them.

I still enjoy the game but this is hard to endure.

do you man mark star players, also when playing on default players, did you buy many players that have high stats in balance and ball winning especially the side midfielders and side backs, i bought 4 f those but no one special but just focus on those two attributes, when playing against tough sides, makes a big difference.

do you man mark star players, also when playing on default players, did you buy many players that have high stats in balance and ball winning especially the side midfielders and side backs, i bought 4 f those but no one special but just focus on those two attributes, when playing against tough sides, makes a big difference.

Tried every trick in the book Zuko but the Com wins at will. Thanks for the advice, will look into that. I got some bargain players who have made a difference. . . no divas in my squad! I took Lami's advice and lowered the speed to -1 and it's a huge difference. I'm starting to win but it all feels orchestrated by the script which takes the achievement away.

It's still very enjoyable with some cracking matches but to be honest I'm still playing the same way as when I was getting slaughtered. . . and am now winning. Team spirit?

Tried every trick in the book Zuko but the Com wins at will. Thanks for the advice, will look into that. I got some bargain players who have made a difference. . . no divas in my squad! I took Lami's advice and lowered the speed to -1 and it's a huge difference. I'm starting to win but it all feels orchestrated by the script which takes the achievement away.

It's still very enjoyable with some cracking matches but to be honest I'm still playing the same way as when I was getting slaughtered. . . and am now winning. Team spirit?

Yeah team spirit plays a role, are you using the exact same team you were getting slaughtered with, or have you changed players but still using same tactics ?

Yeah team spirit plays a role, are you using the exact same team you were getting slaughtered with, or have you changed players but still using same tactics ?

The same team. .. . I got hammered 7-2 and 7-0 in succession and was using marking etc, the next match I narrowly lost 2-1 next game was 3-3 then I won 2-1 . . 3-1 and 6-2. Only thing I changed after the 7 goal thrashing was the speed settings on the game, playing on 0 speed was a nightmare, I couldn't keep up with the speed of the attacks especially with low rated players.

Have to take into account that some of my players are increasing in stats as the season progresses. Don't get me wrong I'm not completely shite at the game my strength is defending, scoring and pinpoint passing on manual can be very hit and miss but some games the Com won't let me even have a shot on goal and you don't get time to dribble.

I'm disappointed with the scripting as I said when you get through for a chance you feel like the Com is allowing it to happen rather than me outsmarting it.

I think it would be fair to say that the balance is just wrong as a whole. It's always riled me when people say things like "PES 5 is better" (about any modern PES game) - the gameplay in this year's PES is great at times. But, when it comes to the balance... Although the PS2 games were obviously "throttling" certain player freedoms / attributes to be able to give you a difficult game of football, I didn't go from 4-0 win to 5-1 defeat, to two 4-4 draws in a row, with a 7-0 for good measure (few screenshots of my ML results in the FIFA/PES comparison thread over in the FIFA part of the forum, if necessary).

People blame the keepers for a lot of the game's ills, but I don't think they're the entire problem. There's no midfield in some games.

It's also been suggested to me that I'm having tactical issues. What about when I win by a large margin? Is that the AI having "tactical issues"? Really?!

The positives of the game ("team spirit", different team styles, player individuality) are truly great, but they're crushed by the above issues.

If this week's patch makes it much more difficult to score (for your team and the AI) by tightening up defensive play as a whole, I think it'd deserve the review scores it's received, but as-is, it can't be considered to be an accurate representation of football, surely.

Last edited:
The same team. .. . I got hammered 7-2 and 7-0 in succession and was using marking etc, the next match I narrowly lost 2-1 next game was 3-3 then I won 2-1 . . 3-1 and 6-2. Only thing I changed after the 7 goal thrashing was the speed settings on the game, playing on 0 speed was a nightmare, I couldn't keep up with the speed of the attacks especially with low rated players.

Have to take into account that some of my players are increasing in stats as the season progresses. Don't get me wrong I'm not completely shite at the game my strength is defending, scoring and pinpoint passing on manual can be very hit and miss but some games the Com won't let me even have a shot on goal and you don't get time to dribble.

I'm disappointed with the scripting as I said when you get through for a chance you feel like the Com is allowing it to happen rather than me outsmarting it.

Yeah iv had that quite few times where iv struggled to have a shot on goal , I'm a type of player that loves playing thru the middle, when I can't, il change tactics to play wide and do 3 subs which includes 2 wide players with high long pass accuracy and il put in a really tall strong player with good heading and I tend to do really well, this years game forces you to play different styles to counter the AIs tactics, this game makes you think a lot and I really like that.

Yeah iv had that quite few times where iv struggled to have a shot on goal , I'm a type of player that loves playing thru the middle, when I can't, il change tactics to play wide and do 3 subs which includes 2 wide players with high long pass accuracy and il put in a really tall strong player with good heading and I tend to do really well, this years game forces you to play different styles to counter the AIs tactics, this game makes you think a lot and I really like that.

I like down the middle as well and I've used the old tall guy technique as well. . .had a strange match a while ago playing against Juventus. . . they went 4 up after 10 mins and could have had more. I scored a well worked goal before half time and got another at the start of the second half. .. and the game suddenly changed into a very open game where I was defending brilliantly and creating lots of chances until the last minute when they upped their play and scored another 2 ha ha.

I've noticed in this years game there are windows of opportunity where the advantage swings back and forth between the teams. .I wonder what tweaks they've done to the gameplay for Thursday? When it plays well it's a joy to play.

Started Master league with Arsenal and having a blast.

I'm having so much fun with this game. Sanchez for me was my most important player in my Arsenal squad. I placed huge importance on his shoulders, when his form slumped I had no answer, he probably buckled under the amount of pressure I was placing on him, he was my jewel within the crown. He'd always supply assists as well as chipping in with valuable goals, because my main strikers weren't that prolific. So, then he get's injured I'm up shit creek. I'm all over the place losing and drawing most of the time, don't have that player that makes a difference anymore, he's out for 8 weeks. Just before the shit hit the fan, I'd had a few offers from other clubs within the same league so I had an idea. I went back to a save file when the offers were flooding in and took the alternative path with Chelsea, I ended up doing the same for Man city, Liverpool.

So I begin with my Chelsea master league and they are top of the premier league. Initially I was frustrated with the team as I lost two on the bounce, they were such a different beast to Arsenal. I was trying to play like Arsenal. I was surprised to see how good Hazard was. I just thought he'd be a copy of Sanchez, but he was much more,he just felt better in every way to me and everything went through him.

I was fixated on completing for the title as they were top when I arrived, but had dropped to third behind Man city and united, it was my aim, it felt like a little scenario mode I'd created for myself, to win the league for them.

This, was pes at it's best, I had gone from my pretty approach, with Arsenal, to a Chelsea, dogged, rugged and straight to the point pressing teams and it this that made me realize how good the likes of Matic and Terry are - rock solid.

By switching clubs and keeping my old save so I can go back be Arsenal in my Master league and have fun with that.

I've played quite a lot with the Belgian national team.
IMO Hazard is too good compared to other players (De Bruyne and Mertens to be more specific).

No scripting eh? Played against Sassuolo. . game swung back and forth until 4-4 at 90 mins I score twice in injury time to lead 6-4 . . . they get two corners in the third min of injury time while I'm playing all out defence . . and score twice.. 6-6 and wait for it. . . in the 5th min of the "3" of injury time they pass it to the wing and their winger hits a low soft shot from near the touchline which bypasses my defence and under my very slowly diving keeper to hand them a 7-6 win.

Btw be careful if you're marking forwards, I was badly caught out by Roma, they kept sitting on the half way line to pull the markers out and hit long balls over the top for their quicker players to run onto which worked great for them.

Wonder if anyone could answer a question?
I'm on 360,read somewhere that the stadium list would include "Rose Park and "Stade de Sagiterr (spelling).
Haven't seen them in my game,or the Brazilian stadiums either.
Are they Xbox one/ps4/PC exclusives?

Feels kinda lame to play a ML with 11 stadiums to choose from.
I mean my Pes 2013 had the stadium creator,I even if that was a bit boring,it's just not right with 11 stadiums in ML?

Do Konami live in the real world?
Do not want to start the other game,but think it's disrespectful only including 16 stadiums,and only being able to use 11 of them.

Wonder if anyone could answer a question?
I'm on 360,read somewhere that the stadium list would include "Rose Park and "Stade de Sagiterr (spelling).
Haven't seen them in my game,or the Brazilian stadiums either.
Are they Xbox one/ps4/PC exclusives?

Feels kinda lame to play a ML with 11 stadiums to choose from.
I mean my Pes 2013 had the stadium creator,I even if that was a bit boring,it's just not right with 11 stadiums in ML?

Do Konami live in the real world?
Do not want to start the other game,but think it's disrespectful only including 16 stadiums,and only being able to use 11 of them.

They are in PS4 and Xbox1 I think, PC don't have those stadiums either.

Your team play a friendly at the end of the season against retiring players

Cool. :D

Changed my mind about the Portugese League, think I'll do a European Super League, but not of the big hitters, will grab a few teams from some leagues i.e. Scotland, Greece, Turkey and the likes and a few other teams from around Europe.

Going to overwrite the Bundesliga, put those teams back in the 'Other' Euro teams.

Think I have around 20 teams to work with.

FD

Last edited:
Banilla%20logo_zpsigz22gw5.jpg

Banilla set for new European Super League.

Logo_zps6exos9cj.png
Cup%20Logo_zpsrtuj2re1.png
SC%20Logo_zps6rexrrrp.png

Newly formed FC Banilla will take up the challenge in the newly formed European Super League which includes some of Europe's top clubs including teams from Turkey, Greece, Scotland and Scandinavia.

The new league comprises of:-

1. Banilla
2. Olympiacos
3. Celtic
4. Panathinaikos
5. PAOK Salonika
6. Rangers
7. Legia Warsaw
8. APOEL
9. Dinamo Zagreb
10. Hajduk Split
11. Rosenborg
12. HJK Helsinki
13. Aberdeen
14. Galatasary
15. Fenerbahce
16. Besiktas
17. Hearts
18. IFK Gothenburg
19. KR Reykjavik
20. AEK Athens

FD

Since my games against my rivals are so much more intense,than the rest of the games,I'm gonna try something.

My derby against Inter is the highlight of every season,also vs Juve.
Tougher and tighter marking,less time on the ball.
More cards,injuries etc.
Gonna try to set every team in Serie A and B to me(Milan) being their main rival.
Should be tougher gameplay against every team?
Even though the bigger teams already has a built in rivalrie with other teams.
Could be a even better game

So, did changing the rival teams in edit mode actually work rockstrongo? Does it really give any effects in game? If it does I'm gonna do some editing myself :D
Havent had time to try it yet.
Gonna try it later on,have two home games against weaker teams,Bologna and Cagliari.
Will play those first unedited,then edit and play them again.
Post later

Tried it,first game vs Cagliari unedited,tough as hell,remember having trouble last season 1-1
Second game Bologna unedited,normal gameplay,didn't pressure me that hard 2-1

Went in an edited Bologna,set Ac Milan as rival.
What a difference,felt like my Derby vs Inter,more freekicks than usual,two injuries,one each
Lost 2-0.
They didn't give me a any time with the ball,pressured my back four constantly
Also felt that my finishing were poor,just like my derbies.
Wouldn't recommend you editing all teams,but if you play a poor team and win with 3/4-0,go back and try this.

Last edited:
Sooo, bit out of the last context, but I started a ML too, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. I started with Middlesbrough and had some really great deals:

- J. King (Bournemouth)
-> Developed up to OA 80 with a Balance 92 combined with Speed 89. If there is no way, he will make it. Costs ~6 Mio

- E. Dier (Tottenham)
-> Still developing, now OA 81 with Balance 95. Should be available for ~8 Mio

- J. Okore (Aston Villa)
-> Has nearly everything, developed to 83 than sold him for 18 Mio. Price in the beginning ~7 Mio.

Last one is a bit expensive with ~12 Mio:
- A. Talisca
-> Develops quick up to a decent 88. Has now Speed 97 with a Dribbling of 93 and Finishing 82 and Balance 84. Is hardly stoppable.

Any other good value-players?

Edit:
And if you are able to get Luca Toni, either in his old days OR as a youth player....its the best striker...destroying the premier league right now for me.

Last edited:
Had the weirdest experience ever on Master League today playing as Cagliari. My keeper Amelia was retiring after one season and the testimonial at the end of the season was for him. I noticed he was on the bench for the game so I put him in the team.
I went 1 up and a couple of mins later they had a shot at my goal which went wide and it was then I noticed that there was no Amelia in goal.. . gone. . .just fucked off somewhere. It came to the kick out and my left back Soric was in goal and playing left back.. there was two of him.

I substituted Soric in goal with another keeper and his doppelganger at left back also disappeared so I was left with ten men for the whole match. Also the game stopped itself a few times and went to the game plan screen which took me a while to get out of.

Strange stuff love to hear if it happened to anybody else.

Havent had time to try it yet.
Gonna try it later on,have two home games against weaker teams,Bologna and Cagliari.
Will play those first unedited,then edit and play them again.
Post later

Tried it,first game vs Cagliari unedited,tough as hell,remember having trouble last season 1-1
Second game Bologna unedited,normal gameplay,didn't pressure me that hard 2-1

Went in an edited Bologna,set Ac Milan as rival.
What a difference,felt like my Derby vs Inter,more freekicks than usual,two injuries,one each
Lost 2-0.
They didn't give me a any time with the ball,pressured my back four constantly
Also felt that my finishing were poor,just like my derbies.
Wouldn't recommend you editing all teams,but if you play a poor team and win with 3/4-0,go back and try this.

ok so it does affect in game, this is interesting I'll give it a try.. thanks mate :D

SMFH I was 3 wins away from having a perfect season in the league (on Pro difficulty)

I worked really hard to win every single league game so far. Then I play Roma in the 3rd fixture before the last one. They morph into Barca and beat me 2-0. Bullshite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom