AC Milan Thread - GILARDINO TO MILAN!!!!!

Re: AC Milan Thread - 9 Wins in a row - not including CI

You could see Roma were dead tired after running 100 miles an hour for the opening 20 minutes.

Re: AC Milan Thread - 10 Wins in a row - not including CI

Totti's challenge wasnt a straight red.

No he didn't the refferee showed him a straight red, not a second yellow followed by red.

hey lads, is sheva back ?

not yet , hopefuly next match...

i think he is just sleeping, that kind of injury on the cheek bone shouldnt take 3-4 maatches

He broke the thingy.

his cheek bone was broken , he replaced it with aq metal , he is now ready for the next match....

The doping debate is back in the spotlight after Gennaro Gattuso and Giuseppe Pancaro refused to give a blood sample following Milan’s win against Roma.

The Rossoneri duo were randomly selected for the routine drug test following Sunday’s match, but only opted to give the compulsory urine sample.

Yet the Italian internationals declined to also give a blood sample which is left up to the players discretion.

Milan team doctor Massimiliano Sala was quick to defend their decision. "If a player does not give a blood sample it will mean his urine drug test will be even more stringent," he said.

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC), who last year agreed that players were well within their rights to decline leaving blood, will look to quickly clear up the confusion.

It is not clear at this stage why the players refused but Italy Coach Marcello Lippi is hoping the incident will not affect his squad before Saturday’s game.

Especially as Gattuso, a former Rangers man, is expected to play a key role in the Azzurri’s World Cup qualifier against Scotland at the weekend.

Italian football has been swamped with doping stories over the last decade after players such as Jaap Stam and Edgar Davids tested positive for nandrolone.

Juventus doctor Ricardo Agricola was also recently found guilty of administering illegal substances to players even if the club were cleared of any wrongdoing.

Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso has angrily defended his decision to not give a blood sample as part of a random drugs test.

Gattuso and teammate Giuseppe Pancaro declined to give an optional blood reading following Milan’s win against Roma on Sunday, but they did leave a compulsory urine sample.

Although there are no formal sanctions for players who refuse to give a sample, Federation chief Franco Carraro had previously threatened that players who declined would be ignored by the national side.

But Gattuso, who is in the squad to face Scotland on Saturday, insists the whole system needs reviewing.

"Either you do things seriously or you don't do them at all," the former Rangers midfielder told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"For months no-one has been seen for blood tests and then now they bring up this new thing. At any rate, I don't see where the problem is given that nothing is obligatory," he added.

"We should plan the controls well, making them equal for everyone and then I would be happy to adhere."

Gattuso, who is an executive member of the Italian Footballers' Association, has since added that he will undergo a blood test later today.

"I am going to do the blood analysis tonight and everyone can come and have a look," he said this afternoon.

"I’ll even give 10 litres if they want. I have nothing to hide because my doping is hot chilli peppers and hard work in the week."

The midfielder then revealed more details about the circumstances in which he and Pancaro informed medics that they would only be providing them with a urine sample.

"I went into the anti-doping room at the Olimpico, it was 11.30 at night and I was stressed out from the match," added the 26-year-old.

"There were 10 people there and plenty of confusion and sealed syringes thrown to one side. We aren't animals, not me or my fellow players. We can’t go on without clear regulations."

However, Pino Capua, of the Federation’s Anti-doping office, has himself hit back at Gattuso’s comments.

"I’m mortified," he told Radio Radio. "He knows the procedure and he’s wrong to say that the syringes are just thrown to one side. At least he said they were sealed.

"Gattuso is not being entirely accurate and he was present at all the meetings between ourselves and the players. Our medics work with great professionalism."

When asked whether a test carried out 48 hours later than planned could give different results, Capua said: "It’s hard to say but they could be different."

Ironically, this event takes place not long after Adriano Galliani, Milan’s Vice-president, publicly condemned anyone not taking the blood test.

"Anyone not giving a sample should not be playing football. Not only should they not be called up for the national team but should also change profession," he said in the past.

Despite the controversy, Italy boss Marcello Lippi insists that the warrior is still in his plans.

"I’ve not thought about doing without his services," he said. "My opinion? These tests should be made compulsory but only in the right circumstances."

Sounds like fucking double standards to me ref galliani :applause:

Sounds very suspicious to me! Do you think hell be dropped for the internationals?

No, the test isnt compulsory and he took a piss so its ok. He took the blood test yesterday.

but how about Panacaro any news on him?

Milan just signed a deal with Warner Bros. This means all products, apart from jerseys obviously, will be licsened by Warner Bros. This is a good deal as Warner is quite a powerful company, and this boosts Milan's income.

thats got to be a pretty unique deal for football hasnt it?

Yes it is, didnt ever think Warner were going to get involved with football... but the one who runs the consumer products apparently is Italian-American :

A.C. MILAN SIGN WARNER BROS. FOR WORLDWIDE PRODUCT LICENSING
4/5/2005
MILAN – A.C. Milan have signed an agreement with Warner Bros. Consumer Products to license the club worldwide. It marks an important move for Milan, who will now have their brand licensed under the promotional and marketing arm of Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner.
A.C. Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani and General Manager of Warner Bros. Consumer Products Italy, Maurizio Distefano, signed the agreement. Galliani declared: 'The relationship we have established with Warner Bros. is an old dream come true for me. Warner Bros. Consumer Products represent the ideal environment to best reach the potential of our brand.'

Dan Romanelli, President Warner Bros. Worldwide Consumer Products, was also satisfied and added: 'This agreement underlines the leading position Warner holds and continues to consolidate. We are proud to represent A.C. Milan and develop the merchandising within the synergies of our group.'

'A.C. Milan is an historic brand in the sporting and entertainment world,' declared Pilar Zulueta, Senior Vice President & General Manager Warner Bros. Consumer Products Europe Middle East and Africa, 'and it is a honour for us to be chosen to represent A.C. Milan worldwide. Moreover, we will develop innovative strategies in order to expand mutual benefits in this partnership.'

The official presentation will take place on Thursday, April 21 in the Executive Suite at the San Siro stadium.

ps - time warner owns LOADS of stuff such as CNN for example.

Re: AC Milan Thread - MILAN SIGN WITH TIME WARNER (CNN, AOL, WARNER BROS)

No need 52 new players, Milan is already strong and already rich :D

Ex-Berlusconi

This deal is scaring me. Milan are too tough to beat anyway. Time Warner have created a monster!!!

I thought they were doing well commercially anyway. This will make AC Milan stronger......but please don't turn into another Chelsea.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

in the last 3 sec. a header by STAM :D :D :D :D

ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO!!!! AFTER 45 DAYS WITHOUT FOOTBALL!!!!!

2-0!!!!
2-0!!!!!

What a game by Dida. Stam was king of the box. maldini great game. Infact the whole defence was excellent including Kaladze.

The midfield circulated well - making every inter attack seem weak (apart from FKs). Milan had very good control of the ball and very good counter attacks.

a great 2nd half... from all players

sheva almost scored the 3rd goal...

the only problem about the 2nd match is Rino wont play :(

anyway FORZA MILANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Inter had some art But it was shit it said like.. VINCERA.. or somthing like that meaning We will win...?!!!!
But milan had some art just damn Sky didnt show:(

image4.jpg

'Today more than ever'

Last edited:

OMG I didt see that.. Damn Sky didnt show it:( arrggg damn it.. But nice stuff.

Back
Top Bottom