Arsenal Thread

Shit is bad ,when Jonney is the voice of reason :LOL:

I think Wenger brings the mentality to the table . He needs each player to stop playing what they think is right and play the way Wenger wants you to play in his 'total-football style' Which is so out dated.

example: Alexis came w/ his street style unmolded, then a full season and he looks to adopt Wenger's bullshit. Leicester has the same players that was nearly relegated to being dubbed Champions. What change?!.. their manager :)

If we want to blame the players that`s another thing. Wenger should pick the one that will play. Per is always letting us down or when Ramsey is not playing well. Why pick them? I don`t know how complicated is a glass of water, but Arsenal making it look tough.

Jesus. Said the same to Jonney years ago when he used to slag Wenger off!
I would love Arsenal to get a new manager and drop down the league out of the top 4. I would laugh my tits off. Compared to a hell of a lot of clubs you have been spoilt for years. I'd have loved to watch my team playing decent footy year after year. Ok you can be gutted that you keep falling short in the league but no team can just expect to win it. I think other teams have a say in the matter. Be careful what you wish for.
You could end up with a manager and win everything for years but you could fall down the league. All this TV money being pumped in will change the game. We can see that a little bit right now. And good as it's boring watching the same teams fighting it out year after year... unless it's your own club obviously.
I enjoy watching Arsenal play the majority of the time. Count yourself lucky you ungrateful sods At least you aren't in a relegation battle or The Championship or even lower!

Wenger is going nowhere. The amount of money the board is profiting they can deal w/ any fan's backlash disruptions.
I just hate the mediocrity the contentment. Arsene is more known for reaching 4th . Then, his title winning ways or whatever is under his CV.

Jesus. Said the same to Jonney years ago when he used to slag Wenger off!
I would love Arsenal to get a new manager and drop down the league out of the top 4. I would laugh my tits off. Compared to a hell of a lot of clubs you have been spoilt for years. I'd have loved to watch my team playing decent footy year after year. Ok you can be gutted that you keep falling short in the league but no team can just expect to win it. I think other teams have a say in the matter. Be careful what you wish for.
You could end up with a manager and win everything for years but you could fall down the league. All this TV money being pumped in will change the game. We can see that a little bit right now. And good as it's boring watching the same teams fighting it out year after year... unless it's your own club obviously.
I enjoy watching Arsenal play the majority of the time. Count yourself lucky you ungrateful sods At least you aren't in a relegation battle or The Championship or even lower!

There is some truth in this.

And Johnney, you don't necessarily need world class players but a good team spirit. Look at Leicester and Spurs. You also need a litle luck (imo Spurs have had some luck this season).

Under Wenger, Arsenal have a bottler complex

Only way to change that is to get a new manager in charge.

He's like Pellegrini, tactically clueless, stubborn as hell and ultimately an underachiever.

What Wenger was is not what he is. He used to be an innovator. Now he's a dinosaur. The only innovating he has done for years now is being able to keep a job despite failing year after year.

'be careful what you wish for' is bollocks imo, be careful to appoint to the right man - that is all. Wenger should have already gone, which would have made getting the right man - eg. Ancelotti/Klopp/Pep - much easier.

And it's nothing like the Utd situation. Ferguson was a winner to his very core, obviously he's gonna be very hard to replace. Wenger is a loser

Last edited:
I'm no Arsenal fan but I'd hardly call Wenger a loser. That is bollocks. He's won enough trophies to not be called a loser as far as I'm concerned.

Let's not do a Mourinho now and call the man a loser.

But something really went on in between the time when he was able to win this league unbeaten and now. He's had his "wilderness" years without trophies, when Arsenal was paying up stadium debt and working on budgets considerably smaller than the other big clubs, but now he's got proper financial clout for a club of Arsenal's stature and yet, something's still broken.

I think during these wilderness years, much has changed in football, tactics tendencies and approaches. Wenger went from using the old 4-4-1-1 system to using the 4-5-1 that expands into 4-3-3, and that was around the 2009-10 season. During that time, Barcelona flourished into the beacon of classy football, possession, tippy-tappy, tikki-takka or whatever you wanna call it... and I think Wenger grew obsessed with the idea of recreating it at Arsenal.

Back in the time of the Invincibles in 2004 we had not only world class players, but damn, that team could defend. And then the transitions were objective and our counter attacks were lightning fast.
This changed gradually into a more predictable Arsenal, and on top of that all of a sudden we didn't have a Gilberto Silva, we had Denilson/Flamini... we didn't have Henry, we had Adebayor... we didn't have Bergkamp, we had Hleb.
To compound on all that, Chelsea spent unimaginable amounts of money during the time Arsenal could spend less, thus Arsenal was completely out of the picture to be the ones challenging Ferguson's United.

Things have never gotten back into place for Wenger since then. We, the fans, have to be grateful for what Wenger did for the club, the new world class stadium and training ground which he had a direct influence on, and consider the fact we never lost Champions League status (and income) during all that time.

However, what we see now on the pitch is a reflection of the man in the dugout.
Johnny's post is right about some things: the players are all grown men earning shitloads of money per week and they should be accounted for it too. They're the ones playing, but Wenger is the man who picked them in the first place. Not only that, he's the man who signed them, who renewed their contracts, who built the squad. Because he's at Arsenal for 20 years now, it's not as if he inherited some rotten apples in the squad and such.

But for the most part, I'm unhappy with the way these performances are going down. We couldn't break Watford for 80+ minutes, and some things about it raises some eyebrows: our first effort on target was in the middle of the 2nd half by Elneny from long range (Wenger hasn't instiled the mentality of not shooting from long range yet, heh). And most concerning: the casual attitude and approach of the players, letting the entire 1st half pass them by. There's absolutely no urgency about this team and these things are surely down to the manager.

I had an epiphany the other day watching Borussia Dortmund trouncing Tottenham at the Europa League. That is the kind of football that is exciting. Maybe Ranieri is right (maintaining a squad like Leicester's on top certainly suggests he's on to something): possession is overrated.

Arsenal's playing style has been an attractive one and it brought results, then at some point it stopped producing results but still very entertaining. Now let's face it: it's became boring and predictable and it's getting us nowhere.

Wenger probably won't get sacked, this board has much respect for him - and they should. But I think this is his last contract. By 2017 we will probably have a new manager and they better start planning this transition accordingly or we're screwed.

It just pains me to see how things are unfolding and I'll say it again: this season was a bloody miracle designed to make Arsene Wenger once more champion of the Premier League. But he's blowing it.

Last edited:
At any of the elite clubs Wenger would have been sacked 3 or 4 times over by now.
He'd be sacked for not winning the PL this season alone. And he should be. Pellegrini and Wenger should hang their heads in shame.

I'm angry as fuck at our manager but even I'm angry at Wenger. Sick of his excuses, his arrogance and his tantrums, and esp. the excuses made for him. Surely no-one can buy his bollocks after Leicester/Spurs win the title...

Last edited:
Fate has its way every once and awhile. Wenger was rumoured to sign an extension to his contract to 2020! In December ffs. I think for many years he blamed financial doping , now Leicester remove that theory. Today , he call the circulation of his job a ' FARCE' Oh! he does go on to say he beat the leaders twice lol that's a farce . Wenger is finally feeling the pressure and I doubt the players are. Whose fault is that!? Utter ridiculous what he's become.

We can't help but feel further gutted by the fact that when we actually win a tricky away game playing really well, Leicester and Tottenham simply won't drop points.

Further indication that it's all over for us, especially regarding Leicester. Fair play to them if they go on to win this.

Another weekend goes by, Leicester and Tottenham getting all 3 points and we let them slip away further...

Defending like a pub team and cocking up a game we had been leading 2-0 by allowing a hattrick completed inside 8 minutes... we're finding new ways of screwing things up.

Words fail me.
We made Andy Carroll look like a £35m striker. That's about the size of it...

St Totteringham's Day doesn't look like its coming this year.

Rightly so! The days of taking the Mickey out is done.

Wenger has failed to turn Alex Ox and Theo into the promising gem. They probably could go to Liverpool and turn out to be better. Giroud doesn't score enough and a ST that depends on wingers to score shouldn't be at the club. Arsenal ST alway had finishers fighting for the golden boot, not the wooden spoon ffs! Arsenal has no grit and no energy and too many similarities that don't compliment each other. The season was a downer and Wenger can do no more.

I'm glad Elneny and Iwobi became a revelation for the club. Wenger felt 1player n a GK was needed, for the fight for 4th . He knows how to get into the CL ?

A point in an away match against this West Han United team is a big point.
IMO West Ham are together with Leicester and Spurs the stand-out team in the league. The only difference is that West Ham had lots of bad luck with injuries and referee decisions.

Anyway about St Totteringham' day, that is something entirely stupid (and the opposite would be too) Arsenal and Spurs should start looking at their own and not to their rivals (i think Arsenal has done this for years and under Pocchetino Spurs are beginning to understand that too).

Even if Arsenal ends up before Spurs, i think Spurs have been the better team and this with a positive transfer saldo in the last 4 windows and while building a new stadium...

I don't like the current Arsenal team, they are stale...

This Arsenal side is unrecognizedable if that's even a word. They either want Wenger to leave or they aren't not motivated to bother.

Pep reportedly wants the OX next season. Navas replacement maybe?

Could just be BS based on Pep's praising of him after he looked really good vs Bayern last year or the year before (can't remember) when he was almost Gazza-esque

Seems to have gone backwards since then tho

Ox was supposedly off last summer to Liverpool, but Wenger made him stay ( made promises) . I think he's off this summer , along w/ a few others. Alex will come back n haunt us lol .

so any defense left for wenger and this pathetic bunch of losers we call our squad? someone brought up the point what simeone would do to most of the players in our squad. i reckon he'd literally kick their shit in and i wouldn't blame him one bit.

arsenal are the well-groomed, good looking fellow who is too afraid to talk to the equally good-looking girl if you're looking for a metaphor that has been cooked up in my rage and is a massive euphemism.

Arsenal have been pathetic of late. Today was no different. Sanchez's goal was a rare thing in an ocean of nothingness.

Lethargic, toothless, predictable... your call.

No sense of urgency at all and the team chose to sit on a 1-0 lead they hadn't worked too hard to obtain. The writing was on the wall. Palace equalised with a familiar Cech blunder (déjà vu from West Ham?) and I could actually see them fancying it in the end and maybe snatch a cheeky 2-1. We were piss poor, no two ways about it.

Stick a fork in Wenger... he's done!

Last edited:
Another weekend goes by, Leicester and Tottenham getting all 3 points and we let them slip away further...

Defending like a pub team and cocking up a game we had been leading 2-0 by allowing a hattrick completed inside 8 minutes... we're finding new ways of screwing things up.

Words fail me.
We made Andy Carroll look like a £35m striker. That's about the size of it...
And we did the same again last Sunday.

When will Wenger go? Who here still backs Wenger?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Have you seen Spurs play against Stoke, to quote beachryan: they were superb.

That is the football Arsenal used to play (and the reason i loved them as a Spurs fan), but now Wenger seems to have a more pragmatical approach (without really big results) wich makes the football rather dire...a litle bit like LVG at United.

The future is with managers like Pocchetino and Klopp (and i'm not saying Spurs and Liverpool).

Aren't you guys a litle bit jealous?

Only think Arsenal are a bit dull because they play as tho camping on the edge of the oppo box is the goal. They no longer seem to have that flick of the switch in the final 3rd that often

It's like someone farted in here . I see Wenger is ever stubborn w/ I'm not going nowhere ( I'm King Kong you murther fxxxxer! You ain't shit w/o me! {training day esque} )

The Emirates announced ticket sell on discounts... 2500 seats aren't selling although they announce the sale of tickets not attendance. It's going to be interesting days ahead having many empty seats.

I read that it's the first time since the move to the Emirates, that tickets for a league game are on general sale.

Really couldn't care less about Champions League football. No point in playing it apart from getting more money for daddy Kroenke. Honestly, I would take fifth place if it means something finally changing at the club.

Not one to point out a scapegoat but the fact that Ramsey was on the pitch for ninety minutes is telling, one of the poorest individual performances I've ever seen from an Arsenal player. I don't know why, but ever since the start of last season he believes he needs to do everything with flair. It's so frustrating to see him try to flick a ball on with a backheel, only for it to fail miserably and him just laughing it off.

Walcott is done. Doesn't bring anything to the team unless his contract is about to run out. A player on elite-pay who is getting outplayed by a nineteen year old in Iwobi, who was positive again today, one of the few brightspots. Giroud 14 (fourteen) Premier League games without a goal. I would be happy with just about signing any striker this summer.

Wenger putting blame on fans and ex-players/pundits for Arsenal not winning the PL
What an arrogant deluded joke he is nowadays.:SHAKE:

Then , he goes about saying it`s a small few disgruntle fans lol but enough to ruining the home form. He needs to realise the curtains are falling.

Back
Top Bottom