Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

yeah im on nvidia as well so it cant be that.
Boadc are u using a soundblaster sound card?

I just managed 1 whole round before a crash then,
getting better.

aha! new soundblaster drivers on the 12th may 05. Ill go try them then

Anyone having problems flying jets and choppers? Theyre impossible to control! So far ive been going through the river on a boat, parking under the bridges and sniping.

peat said:
yeah im on nvidia as well so it cant be that.
Boadc are u using a soundblaster sound card?

I just managed 1 whole round before a crash then,
getting better.
I am mate. I haven't had a ctd for about 8 rounds now though. Let me know how you get on with those new drivers.

Milanista said:
Anyone having problems flying jets and choppers? Theyre impossible to control! So far ive been going through the river on a boat, parking under the bridges and sniping.
I haven't touched any jets or choppers yet, I usually get my joystick out for those but can't be arsed just now!

Having CTD's as well qnd some error about a memory dump saying, this should not be here!, quite funny really, but hey XP never ceases to suprise me.

I never get chance to get in em.
Did it once but the bloody mouse was the wrong way, i needed to invert it for flight. Havent been in since.
Update on the ctds. Updated soundcard drivers didnt make any difference.
it better not be like this on the actual game!

peat said:
I never get chance to get in em.
Did it once but the bloody mouse was the wrong way, i needed to invert it for flight. Havent been in since.
Update on the ctds. Updated soundcard drivers didnt make any difference.
it better not be like this on the actual game!
I wouldn't be surprised if it was mate. Although it says that it's not the final product on one those videos at the start I think, can't remember got rid of them :)

I turned some of the features off on my virus scanner, I'm using nod32. Might just have got lucky with the last few games.

Well I tried disabaling some function of NOD32 and got CTD, quit NOD32 altogether, CTD and signed out of messenger as well, few games then CTD, I hope they sought theese stability issues out for release cause it's a sweet game apart from that.

Shame it's bein spoiled by what I think should have been resolved b4 release.

This game is AWESOME. Everything about it is class. The sounds, the graphics, the physics. It really feels like your in the middle of a warzone, something which the previous BF games lacked at times.

I've been playing about with both Jets and Choppers, both of which are relatively easy to fly with enough practice. I love the extra features that the co-pilot gets (laser guided bombs, TV missles etc) Really makes it worthwhile being a co-pilot. I was quite at home flying the air-vehicles, cause they ain't changed the controls from BF:Vietnam, so I was happily flying troops back and forth in the chopper :D

I now cannot wait for the full game!

Yeah I love the tv guided missles on the helicopters
it really encourages you to use the helis like in real life
like hide behind a hill, pop up, fire off the guided missiles and pop down again.
Very smart.

Update on the ctds. I turned off all AA like BOADC did and I managed 2 rounds without a ctd. Going back on today to try again. I also tried that
1280x1024 command line thing but it didnt work for me.

Here's an example of my shortcut just incase:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

I just read elsewhere that it didn't work for someone until they put the "+szx 1280 +szy 1024" before the "+menu1". Give that a try.

Have you tried editing the video.con file in your Battlefield profile? I used to do this for BF1942 but it didn't work. I found out that it uses the profile which it creates in My Documents. So try opening the video.con file in the Battlefield folder in My Docs. Hope you get some joy from that.

Anybody fancy a game later tonight? We could just pick a server to join. I take it we could create a squad as well in game and work as a team?

EDIT - If you do try editing the video.con file make sure to make it read only in properties. This will stop the game from changing it back to default.

Last edited:

Aye i got the 1280 working now, I also managed to get through 4 rounds with no ctds with AA on!
I read in another forum about turning Eax off so I did that and also put the sound to software and medium settings. Hurah.
I was just on a server there with like 20 people on one side not in squads..
bl00dy idiots. I was running around on my own with noone able to spawn with me.
Im defo up for a game tonight.

Well I'm up for a game around 8pm. I've just installed gamespy. My nick is BOADC. I can't get the demo to show up on it though :(

You know how you select kits? Like Assault, Sniper? Well there's a tab on that screen next to where it says kits, I think it says squad on it. There you can apply to be commander or join a squad. Try it in single player to get the hang of it. You can bring the screen up by pressing caps lock or enter :)

the cause of the ctds was definately hardware sound!
I made ages with it on software
soon as i changed back to hardware i crashed within 2 minutes
sorted

That's weird cos I have mine on hardware and I haven't had a ctd for ages now!

I'm up for a game later although I'm off to see Sin City now but should be back be about half eight. My suggestion is is that we all add each other on MSN and then connect to the same server, one of the GameServer.net ones (just type Gameserver in server name at the top). They're great servers, very low pings.
Anyways, be back later. My MSN addy is flawl3sscowb0y@hotmail.com

I'll be on late tonight or tomorrow since my comp is being reformatted - i saved the demo on a disk....phew

Last edited:

Ill keep an eye out for you all then
i dont have msn.
my nick on bf2 is manxspanna

Back
Top Bottom