Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company (360 / PS3)

first review

Game Informer
, 7/1/2008, 9.25 out of 10, 92.5%

Does anyone know what the difference is in buying the gold edition of this game or the normal one?

gold gets you access to the 5 extra weapons that i think you can only normally unlock by reaching rank 25

Gold Edition

Get into the fight quickly - the Gold Edition includes five multiplayer weapons, normally at rank 25, available for immediate use on the battlefield.

Know the battlefield - eight multiplayer map strategy videos are included covering everything from basic to advanced covering all the strategic depth of the gameplay.

Behind the scenes - a documentary with a fascinating insight into the production of Bad Company, from early concepts to the finished game.

Exclusive Smiley Grenade poster and gold metal case packaging bring the Gold Edition to life.

Meh useless, I'll just buy the normal one then. I was just seeing which one would be better to buy.

thanks for the help guys.

Get into the fight quickly - the Gold Edition includes five multiplayer weapons, normally at rank 25, available for immediate use on the battlefield.
Does that mean the guys who aren't sad enough to shell out an extra tenner are going to get pwned over and over by those with more money than sense? That's really disappointing.

And doesn't that eliminate the point of getting better ranks? You challenge yourself to get a higher rank and hope you'd get a weapon, but the ones who pay the extra dollars will get them instantly? It's a stupid feature to be honest, I'm sure they could have thought of something better than that.

Anyway I plan to pre-order the game this week, and get the game on the day of launch.

Along with those gold edition guns they're offering 5 others through certain means - pre ordering the game, signing up for the newsletter, checking your online stats, reaching rank 4 in the demo ...

Still - at one time they were talking about having guns avail as time limited DLC so after 2 weeks they'd expire and you'd have to pay a few pence for their use again and again... so it could be worse

Review this morning on PLAYR and more footage on PLAYR2

Lot's of good single player footage - the game actually looks like it might be worth a play through.

They gave it 8/10

--

To reach Rank 25 as well you need to acquire 37,000 points

I'm quite a while away from that - but I've not really played the demo much since MGS4 and Civ came along.

Total Score 9428
Kills 555
Deaths 361

Time Played 11hr, 33min, 2sec
Rank Corporal
Find all Five - Demo Unlocked

Last edited:

Does this have online coop? Personally I have no interest in PVP online shooters, for 99% of people who play them it's purely about the winning and most kills, zero fun for me, that's why I like Coop like in Flashpoint/ArmA and the like, multiplayer is still highly rewarding but because you work as a team and it's about completing your objectives rather than simply "winning" :)

I don't think it has any co op.

But gold rush is team vs team play with objectives to defend and destroy

im still debating on weather I should get this game actually because when compared to bf2 its still not up there in the same league. then again I may take the plunge and get it has i have already completed mgs4 but I have this itchy feeling of playing through the story again on that lol

I had good fun on the demo of this yesterday.

The team I was put on were brilliant - We were defending and the other team didn't even get past the first two crates before we beat them.

Then When Attacking - We were swift and deadly!!!

I can't wait to play the other maps :DD

im still debating on weather I should get this game actually because when compared to bf2 its still not up there in the same league. then again I may take the plunge and get it has i have already completed mgs4 but I have this itchy feeling of playing through the story again on that lol

Am in the same position as you... Demo hasn't really grabbed me... Think I'll give it a miss tbh or at least wait for it to get cheaper.

I forgot to add - The lag is non-existant now :DD

This game is by far the most fun I've had in years online. I am addicted completely. Online is smooth and responsive. Guns feel great and you do feel the difference in each one. Maps and destructibility is amazing and realistic. Sneaking into a room and lighting up 3 guys is priceless. This game owns me right now.

The only sad thing is that I didn't pre-order the gold edition. I missed out. I have managed to unlock 3 of the "FindAllFive" guns. I guess I'm stuck with those until I reach level 25. Wonder if there are other ways besides the norm to unlock or purchase the other 2 guns(High-powered sniper rifle and compact sub-maching gun).

Make no mistake about it though, choose a gun with high damage and high velocity round and you will do some damage.

See you all in the battlefield!!!

I wasnt going to bother with this, but after going back to the demo I like it now, and look forward to other maps. But I think the whole defend/attack the gold thing is a load of crap and out of place, and seems like an after thought. Does anyone know if the multiplayer mode will have a deathmatch mode, or something similiar, because I cant find any mention of it.

Conquest mode will be a free download soon.
The game is awesome
You need to go to findallfive.com to find how to unlock the 5 guns

Only 1 online game mode unfortunately - Conquest was due out soon after release but it's been delayed a few months!

GameSpot 6/24/2008 8.5 out of 10 85.0%
TeamXbox 6/23/2008 9.1 out of 10 91.0%
IGN 6/20/2008 8.6 out of 10 86.0%
Official Xbox Magazine 8/1/2008 8 out of 10 80.0%
Game Informer 7/1/2008 9.25 out of 10 92.5%
GamerNode 6/25/2008 8.5 out of 10 85.0%
Eurogamer 6/23/2008 8 out of 10 80.0%
1UP 6/23/2008 B 80.0%
GameZone 6/23/2008 8.9 out of 10 89.0%
VideoGamer 6/23/2008 8 out of 10 80.0%

Average of 85.7%

You need to go to findallfive.com to find how to unlock the 5 guns
Is the only way to get each of those guns exactly what it says? So e.g. I can't get that first gun unless I preorder?

That's crap if that's the case, I remember BF2 being ruined by guys using guns you didn't get with the original game, those with more money than sense had an advantage over everybody else - I remember ClassicD mentioning it as well, it was ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom