Best FIFA 16 gameplay simulation settings are here. Best football game ever!

I had a feeling that was the case. I was going to update the rosters anyways so prpbably figure it from there. Thanks for the tip šŸ‘
Do you intend to update the rosters from scratch, from Vanilla Version of the game? Man, you have a lot to do. :-) I need yesterday about 2 or 3 hours to update the best up to date Patch from Fifa Infinity in itĀ“s current version with the 2020/21 Summer Transfers. I did the first 100 Transfers from Transfermarket.de. Was a night spending job. Anyway, just wanna make things clear, when you do it from default Fifa 16 you must spend some hours or a half day i guess. :D
If you intend to do it shorter, install the FIP 16 Patch or just wait till scouser and his team did the release for the 2020/21 Season. ;-)
EDIT: I would likely give my FIP DB to you or anybody who is interest in, but I donĀ“t know, till my Doubts are not away how the correct looking of my Player Values is after using Gameplayzed Tool. Will try now again.

I can see what you meant with the updated stuff and I think I messed it up lol gonna do a clean install again. Hope its worth it šŸ˜…

Yes I feel your pain. :)) To roll up 5 years is heavy. But donĀ“t lost the motivation. ItĀ“s just a refreshing style to play another game engine related Fifa. The last days I just mod thze game, not only installed the FIP 16 Patch. Put some faces in, some graphics, you got the idea. So I donĀ“t play much games till now, but the games I already have played are gives a great feeling. Related to the Frostbite engine FifaĀ“s and also the fact that I donĀ“t have the Patience to stay at a higher level on PES 21 gameplay this game I play now. ;-)
I wish it could be possible to improve the animations, better say the movement of how the Players look when they pass the ball, but thatĀ“s not really the point for me. The tweaked gp from these guys here are better than I expect with the 1.00 or 1.01 exe. Also the camera tweaks by Papinho makes a big difference on how you experience the game.

Do you intend to update the rosters from scratch, from Vanilla Version of the game? Man, you have a lot to do. :-) I need yesterday about 2 or 3 hours to update the best up to date Patch from Fifa Infinity in itĀ“s current version with the 2020/21 Summer Transfers. I did the first 100 Transfers from Transfermarket.de. Was a night spending job. Anyway, just wanna make things clear, when you do it from default Fifa 16 you must spend some hours or a half day i guess. :D
If you intend to do it shorter, install the FIP 16 Patch or just wait till scouser and his team did the release for the 2020/21 Season. ;-)
EDIT: I would likely give my FIP DB to you or anybody who is interest in, but I donĀ“t know, till my Doubts are not away how the correct looking of my Player Values is after using Gameplayzed Tool. Will try now again.
i am also using FIP. i would be very interested to use your edited DB.

which version of FIP are you using? there are multiple DB files within each FIP version (e.g. v1, v2) and there is also the DB file in the main fifa>data folder. i am unclear which one to edit

also, have you installed any faces? i have read on SG that you can add them using CM16 but instead of saving you updated an 'lua' file and it works? i am a bit confused by it all

which version of FIP are you using? there are multiple DB files within each FIP version (e.g. v1, v2) and there is also the DB file in the main fifa>data folder. i am unclear which one to edit

also, have you installed any faces? i have read on SG that you can add them using CM16 but instead of saving you updated an 'lua' file and it works? i am a bit confused by it all
No Problem I can send you my DB. I use Version 3.1 of FIP 16 Patch. You are right itĀ“s important which version. I am not sure, but my DB wonĀ“t work with the Version 2 of FIP 16 I guess.

I usually install Faces by paste them into the "Fifa16/Data/sceneassets folder like you see in my screenshot. Some modders or say most modders of Faces gives you modded faces where you can paste after extracted in sceneassets folder. There you have the 4 Folder from my screenshot and you are good to go.
Screenshot (334).jpgScreenshot (334).jpg

@El Pajaro Something I canĀ“t get it to work related to the Gameplayzer. I tried already 3 different Patch DBĀ“s but nothing to see from the changes in game. Please correct me if I am wrong, but after importing my new gameplayzer DB in my games DB folder, starting the game and check the Player Values, they should show Stamina values of all Players at 5?? Right?
I remember my last modding that way in 2019 following the thread by Ciais there are the Stamina values at 5. This time not. Today my Player Values are weird low after patching my modded DB. All Players are at 48 - 23. Every Value was red. :-)
Maybe I do something wrong, but I heard from another Player today he faces the same. He have not the Stamina Value at 5. Any suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

Ooops, sorry for the double image. And you must regenerate after install faces or any other modded content. You know that?
many thanks--this worked a treat!

feels very strange modding the game in this way but i am learning!

the only thing i did wrong was try and add a new player but changing an existing player's name in CM16. CM16 accepted the change but in game the player's name is blank. think i need to do some DB editing with DBM...

Last edited:
many thanks--this worked a treat!

feels very strange modding the game in this way but i am learning!

the only thing i did wrong was try and add a new player but changing an existing player's name in CM16. CM16 accepted the change but in game the player's name is blank. think i need to do some DB editing with DBM...
Really? It works? I am really glad to read that. So every Transfer I made you can profit from? So you are on the same version of FIP 16 like me?!
Yeah, CM16 is a really great tool with a great graphical Interface. But sometimes itĀ“s buggy. ;-) But in your special case I donĀ“t think itĀ“s a bug from CM16 when you try to add a Player. Yes you can edit this in DBM. For myself I must renew my knowledge about Fifa 16 modding again. I worked the last years only with Frosty Tool. But believe me, you have so much more possibilities for modding every aspect of the game consider to Frosty modding, because itĀ“s very limited.
You can read some important threads about Fifa 16 modding here and also in Soccergamingforum. And yeah of course, there are amazing full game Patches out.

I've ended up back on FIFA 16 after a week of despair with where we are with modern football games.

My biggest issue with 16 is the speed - not so much the speed of the players but of the passing. The ball moves like a bullet - and if you slow it down beyond 43 or so, you end up with players stopping their run to stand still, waiting for the ball.

Does anyone have any good tips in terms of slowing the entire game down? If I could play FIFA 16 with PES 2021's pace (where you occasionally have time to think on the ball, and the ball doesn't fly like a shot) I'd be absolutely delighted.

I've ended up back on FIFA 16 after a week of despair with where we are with modern football games.

My biggest issue with 16 is the speed - not so much the speed of the players but of the passing. The ball moves like a bullet - and if you slow it down beyond 43 or so, you end up with players stopping their run to stand still, waiting for the ball.

Does anyone have any good tips in terms of slowing the entire game down? If I could play FIFA 16 with PES 2021's pace (where you occasionally have time to think on the ball, and the ball doesn't fly like a shot) I'd be absolutely delighted.
Are you playing on 1.0.0? I think I'm using 46 pass speed at the moment. I'm also using the cl.ini in Matt's folder as well, which I think adjusted ball physics a little.

Are you playing on 1.0.0? I think I'm using 46 pass speed at the moment. I'm also using the cl.ini in Matt's folder as well, which I think adjusted ball physics a little.
Currently using 1.0.1 EXE (should I be?) and using the cl.ini in the first post of this thread, with pass speed turned down to 45 or so at the minute (any lower and passes break down too easily, any faster and the ball is a bullet)!

Where can I find that cl.ini you speak of? Might have to try and figure out which bits control pass speed or ball physics in general...

Currently using 1.0.1 EXE (should I be?) and using the cl.ini in the first post of this thread, with pass speed turned down to 45 or so at the minute (any lower and passes break down too easily, any faster and the ball is a bullet)!

Where can I find that cl.ini you speak of? Might have to try and figure out which bits control pass speed or ball physics in general...
I think it's in here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B79j4nMC4JmFbXR3TjNVZkFIWjQ

I've just added this to the bottom as well

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

If you still have the 1.0.0 link I sent you a little while back I'd recommend downloading and trying that version. I find it much better than any other version of 16 I've played.

I think it's in here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B79j4nMC4JmFbXR3TjNVZkFIWjQ

I've just added this to the bottom as well

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

If you still have the 1.0.0 link I sent you a little while back I'd recommend downloading and trying that version. I find it much better than any other version of 16 I've played.
I will have to dig through my PMs! Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

I've just Googled "slower cl.ini FIFA 16", and came across a video of the "Supernova final mod" that claims to slow the game down just using a cl.ini file (no modded DB, which is important to me so that regens don't break the game with their standard attributes).

I can't believe how many variables are in his ini - there must be at least 100... So I've got a lot of experiments to do over the next week or two!

I will have to dig through my PMs! Thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

I've just Googled "slower cl.ini FIFA 16", and came across a video of the "Supernova final mod" that claims to slow the game down just using a cl.ini file (no modded DB, which is important to me so that regens don't break the game with their standard attributes).

I can't believe how many variables are in his ini - there must be at least 100... So I've got a lot of experiments to do over the next week or two!
I think that sounds like same one in the folder, but I vaguely remember reading something small might have been taken out of it.

I think that sounds like same one in the folder, but I vaguely remember reading something small might have been taken out of it.
It's such a shame we can't use the later updates too - I found this website that lists the fixes in each one - but there's no doubt (playing 1.07 on my PS4 version) that the AI is more direct and build-up play is reduced.

What does annoy you with pass speed lower than 45? Your players or yours and CPU players waiting for the ball to reach them?
If it is the first case, you can try to decrease the CPU pass speed to 35 and keep yours at 45. In my experience the CPU tends to have much less problem to string quicker pass than the user. This is also (not only) because they tend to use quite often driven passes.
I have pass speed sliders at 35/35 and was quite struggling sometime to play some passes, because how hard it is to get the power right. I have now started using driven passes (something I never did before) and I quite like it, because it is not just about doing a button combo, but the context and the controlled players skills matter, or they easily end up being misplaced, or too hard to control for the receiving player.

What does annoy you with pass speed lower than 45? Your players or yours and CPU players waiting for the ball to reach them?
My players, not the CPU.

But more than anything, the thing really holding me back from loving the game is just the pinball-feeling to the passing. I even downloaded some Supernova gameplay INIs which have 100s of changes, including ball velocity changes, and I'm not convinced they actually do anything...

Bizarrely, passing feels both too slow and too fast at the same time. It feels too slow because of those passes (10+ times per match) where the recipient stops, turns 180 degrees and stands still waiting for the ball to arrive...

But then it feels too fast in general, with most passes on 40+ pass speed flying like bullets. The ball acceleration isn't natural. There's no transition from "thwack" to slowing to a steadily maintained speed until it reaches the target. The pass is immediately at top speed and remains so until it hits the target - and when you get a tiki-taka AI (as in, a team that have the ability to do so and so it's realistic that they do), suddenly it's a pinball machine in midfield.

I can't get past that at the moment, the high speed of the passing - every other gripe I have is secondary (such as the tiny size of the ball, and that the AI is near-impossible to dispossess when they dribble with an average player).

Last edited:
My players, not the CPU.

But more than anything, the thing really holding me back from loving the game is just the pinball-feeling to the passing. I even downloaded some Supernova gameplay INIs which have 100s of changes, including ball velocity changes, and I'm not convinced they actually do anything...

Bizarrely, passing feels both too slow and too fast at the same time. It feels too slow because of those passes (10+ times per match) where the recipient stops, turns 180 degrees and stands still waiting for the ball to arrive...

But then it feels too fast in general, with most passes on 40+ pass speed flying like bullets. The ball acceleration isn't natural. There's no transition from "thwack" to slowing to a steadily maintained speed until it reaches the target. The pass is immediately at top speed and remains so until it hits the target - and when you get a tiki-taka AI (as in, a team that have the ability to do so and so it's realistic that they do), suddenly it's a pinball machine in midfield.

I can't get past that at the moment, the high speed of the passing - every other gripe I have is secondary (such as the tiny size of the ball, and that the AI is near-impossible to dispossess when they dribble with an average player).
That instant acceleration in passing has always annoyed me about FIFA ball physics. In the modding I did for 20 last year, it was one of the areas I spent a long time trying to perfect. I think it was in kick common files and there were values relating to max acceleration speed from a stand still and max acceleration speed - and they were different to just the pass speed itself. Of course by default they were set way, way too high. When I got it right, I felt it really made passing feel more natural. I wonder if there's a way to reach those types of files on 16...

Oh and did you find 1.0.0? The passing speed is better on that version, but I still take your point for sure.

Oh and did you find 1.0.0? The passing speed is better on that version, but I still take your point for sure.
I did. I think I notice an improvement but it's difficult - I feel like I'm fooling myself after making huge changes to the Supernova INI I mentioned and seeing absolutely zero difference...

I did. I think I notice an improvement but it's difficult - I feel like I'm fooling myself after making huge changes to the Supernova INI I mentioned and seeing absolutely zero difference...
For me unfortunetly the same. :II I tried since days to make the gameplay, of course with 1.0.0, more suitable for me but I come to the conclusion itĀ“s not possible to play this nice game for more as an few matches in Career Mode. I really enjoy everything I had modded inside my game, Stadium Server, all the pretty graphics around or kits, boots etc. But at the end the most important thing is on the Pitch, not nearby. The same thing I experienced with PES 2021 and much more with Fifa 21. Fifa 21 is the biggest mistake from EA in a row of last years mistakes. Unplayable from zero to top in every aspect. But to take the view back to Fifa 16 as I mentioned about the gameplay, the biggest issue I have with it is the sloppy movement of all the Players on the Pitch when it comes to stop the ball, passing the ball, either the speed of the ball while passing what you mentioned in your posts too. So I will say a little bit more technical engine from frostbite games would become Fifa 16 great. I know the Fifa 16 fan base is still huge and I understand what this game have to offer with modding possibilities. But for me personal my search goes on to find a Soccer game which is from itĀ“s gp more my style. The last days I tried PES 2017 again and yes, Fifa 17 too. Fifa 17 is not as bad as I remind. Much better than the following frostbite FifaĀ“s. I installed a gameplay Patch from Fidel Gameplay, also his camera tool and I am satisfied at the moment.
For Fifa 16 I also recommend you to try FidelĀ“s Gameplay mod. Maybe you will like it. I donĀ“t know. The CL.ini strings editing didnĀ“t change nothing for me also for Fifa 16.

For me unfortunetly the same. :II I tried since days to make the gameplay, of course with 1.0.0, more suitable for me but I come to the conclusion itĀ“s not possible to play this nice game for more as an few matches in Career Mode. I really enjoy everything I had modded inside my game, Stadium Server, all the pretty graphics around or kits, boots etc. But at the end the most important thing is on the Pitch, not nearby. The same thing I experienced with PES 2021 and much more with Fifa 21. Fifa 21 is the biggest mistake from EA in a row of last years mistakes. Unplayable from zero to top in every aspect. But to take the view back to Fifa 16 as I mentioned about the gameplay, the biggest issue I have with it is the sloppy movement of all the Players on the Pitch when it comes to stop the ball, passing the ball, either the speed of the ball while passing what you mentioned in your posts too. So I will say a little bit more technical engine from frostbite games would become Fifa 16 great. I know the Fifa 16 fan base is still huge and I understand what this game have to offer with modding possibilities. But for me personal my search goes on to find a Soccer game which is from itĀ“s gp more my style. The last days I tried PES 2017 again and yes, Fifa 17 too. Fifa 17 is not as bad as I remind. Much better than the following frostbite FifaĀ“s. I installed a gameplay Patch from Fidel Gameplay, also his camera tool and I am satisfied at the moment.
For Fifa 16 I also recommend you to try FidelĀ“s Gameplay mod. Maybe you will like it. I donĀ“t know. The CL.ini strings editing didnĀ“t change nothing for me also for Fifa 16.
FIFA 17 was my favourite for a long time - I had a career save in 17 longer than any other. The only reason I stopped playing it was a lack of variation from the AI - each team seemed to play in a very similar way no matter the difference in tactics or player quality. But it was a favourite of mine.

FIFA 17 was my favourite for a long time - I had a career save in 17 longer than any other. The only reason I stopped playing it was a lack of variation from the AI - each team seemed to play in a very similar way no matter the difference in tactics or player quality. But it was a favourite of mine.
Yeah, you are right. When it comes to variation every good game will get bored. Especially if you play it for a long time. ItĀ“s really hard to recognize we are close to 2021 and the Soccer games get farer away from what is fun and realistic Gameplay with Variation for an motivating Career mode. I remember just 4 or 5 years ago when I only play Fifa on my Playstation 4 I played sometimes 3 or 4 Seasons with only one Team and it was fun.

Here is a file that controls players attribute boosting/nerfing before every game. I have edited it to remove the random boosting/nerfing the away team gets.
Feel free to edit it further to fit your liking.

How to install:
- copy paste the attached document to your FIFA 16\dlc\dlc_FootballCompEng\dlc\FootballCompEng\data folder
- regenerate.

Attachments

• gpattributemodifiers.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 40
:) Hi guys, how nice that someone still plays Fifa 16, my football game where I spent more hours, I read a bit quickly because now I have abandoned videogames having no more time, due to the speed problem passages, I had heavily modified the DB and it responded well, a bit like the work I did on Pes 20/21 for the Edits of the various patches.
Unfortunately Fifa like Pes suffered from the problem that sometimes the gameplay goes to bitch and does not take the changes, but if you want to give it a try modify the database, on Soccergaming or Moddingway there must still be my DB loaded I think, just to see the values that I had put ...;)
Hello everybody guys!

hi guys i really need help with the install of this. FIrstly I've got vanilla fifa 16, fresh install. I can't find the db, I saw above somewhere that u need to extract it from one of the .big files but how do you do this?? I can't install moddingway as it downloads as a torrent file so I cant extract it. I downloaded the regular fifa 16 db and followed the tutorial but I'm guessing the game was still loading the old db. How would i set the new one as the one the game should run?
If clear instructions could be posted that would be great Please help :(

Guys, is there any trick to unlock 60hz when in fullscreen? I have a 165hz monitor and when I run the game in windowed mode it becomes faster, camera moves also very fast.

@El Pajaro Great thread - I'm brand new to FIFA 16 and am starting my own 2018 World Cup using your settings. One question: can you increase the number of subs available to all 12 that are on your bench? Having 7 on the bench and 5 in reserves feels a bit of a waste.

Back
Top Bottom