Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

Broadcast? I cannot wait to go on that one.

Doing quite good on MP at the moment, I think I'm level 37 1st prestige.

That's when you get your Prestige badge or somewhat and then you restart on level 1, but with some sort of avatar by your name.

you say restart, thing is im still playing with 55 but no xp going up and cant see an option to go round again

17 is my biggest streak! It is an awesome feeling, yes. :D Also when you do a match without dying, it makes you feel elite.

17 is my biggest streak! It is an awesome feeling, yes. :D Also when you do a match without dying, it makes you feel elite.

haha ya, I kinda just wanted to start counting off my kills in headset, it was fun and very exciting, i kept running around looking for ammo, and would pick it up just in time to take out another guy.

I have quite a lot of games where I just camp out somewhere and be a sneaky bastard. Even if it gives me only 5 kills all game and I don't die at all, and I'm bottom of my team it gives me the satisfaction that I played it my own way.

25 is my biggest streak. If you can call it cheating I did stick on a machine gun for ages, shooting anything I saw.

Unfortunately my problem with the 'Downloading Game Settings' has returned after a couple of weeks of being normal.

It now basically refuses to do anything beyond that point, I've been waiting fourty minutes and the screen hasn't changed.

I think it's having an adverse effect on my PS3 aswell, and I've heard too many stories involving COD4 and PS3's being ruined.

My nephew's got that now, although it did shift after just over an hour. The modem lights weren't flashing though so I don't think it's a case of a massive download.

I'm level 51 now, with 15 for highest kill streak. iIm quiet happy with my skills. I love completing all the different challenges even if I have to lose a game. For me this game is endless.

Got this last night for the PS3 (and I've still got it on 360... eek).

After the updates, I had the "Downloading Settings" which immediately worried me (I am trying to give PSN the benefit of the doubt).

Anyway, after a bit of searching, I found out that rebooting the modem/router after the update works. I did this and the game now works flawlessly.

Might be worth a go for anyone stuck with this on the PS3 version?

Anyway, if I'm being HYPER critical, the PS3 version is *JUST* better than 360 - just seems a bit smoother in places.

Great game anyway of course and I'm gonna have great fun going through the MP again and building up my XP... damn that M16!

Anyway, after a bit of searching, I found out that rebooting the modem/router after the update works. I did this and the game now works flawlessly.

Might be worth a go for anyone stuck with this on the PS3 version?

I have to reboot my router quite regularly, and I have only EVER had the downloading settings problem straight after an update - so I'd second this suggestion...

got a 15 kill streak last night - my best ever. Just ran and hid once I got the chopper in....he he.

Any suggestions on how to land a job with SONY by chance? I have just read several posts of your sudden SONY favoritism. :LOL:

:) I make no excuses - I think the PS3 is better than the 360 (especially now I've upgraded to a 320gb HD - full media centre and games machine).

I prefer the PS pad and the extras the PS3 brings - like the web browser, media facilities etc and for me the games are better!

The 360 also looks like a toy :(

Last edited:
I forgot to post this. Okay, the other night playing this on Ground War on the District level, you know the street with the van on? I saw this orb just floating there...? I haven't ever seen it since but its so strange! I didn't hurt me or anything, it was just there glowing away. Looked like it was a flame burning in the middle of it.

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

It was so weird, I even went away and came back a few minutes later but it was still there. Anyone else seen anything like that?

Sorry bout the crap quality of the pics by the way, camera phone. Also, I just resized them on photobucket so they should shrink soon.

iv had it once, I think its when somebody throws a flash and weirdly it stays there

Back
Top Bottom