Championship Manager 2010

paying a fiver, i feel i can stretch that far :)

should be interesting, hope those faults are ironed out for the final version!...probably not!

Only just spotted this on ign...

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/102/1020353p1.html

Beautiful Game Studios is coming back with all guns blazing, putting behind the lukewarm reception to the 2008 edition with Championship Manager 2010, a game that's been rebuilt from the ground up and takes to the pitch with a plethora of all-new headline features. It's got its work cut out to go toe-to-toe with Football Manager, but it looks like it's going to put up quite a fight

They don't really say anything new in the preview though

Last edited:
Those who have bought it via their download system can start downloading it at midnight tonight. :)

No idea, I don't think they've mentioned it so far. I would guess it won't be huge, 700mb at the most.

Looks like downloading it at midnight isn't going to be easy...

Internal Server Error
CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection: SQLSTATE[00000] [1040] Too many connections
An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

Thank you.

Why does this always happen with CM/FM? Total and utter twats.

not sure i can even be bothered to download it now! :S just dont really have any time at the moment and going back to loughborough for the weekend then back to madrid for a week from monday then back to work then move to london for work.....hmm..!

At this rate they can shove their £2.50 up their arse.

Why do the people behind manager games always do this? Why make promises you can't keep (DOWNLOAD AT MIDNIGHT)?

EDIT:

Due to massive last-minute demand for the PWYW offer, we are experiencing some minor technical issues with the store.

The team are working on resolving these issues as we speak, but as people are trying to purchase the game at the last minute and cannot access the site, we're going to extend the PWYW offer until 2am UK time to give everyone the opportunity to take advantage of the offer as we don't want people missing out.

We apologise for the access issue people are experiencing, but rest assured it's being worked on and we'll be staying online to update you throughout.

Everybody knew this would happen. I've been sat here hoping it wouldn't like an idiot. God it makes me so fucking angry, don't promise anything and you won't let anything down you bunch of wankers.

EDIT 2: They extended the £2.50 period until 2am to get some more sales. Now it's 2:17am and still no game.

They really are a bunch of vaginas.

Last edited:
I was going to stay up but decided to go to bed early and get up early and download it instead. I didn't have any email this morning but I went onto the website and into the box thats says 'out now' and it takes you to the shop. On the 'zone 3' tab is the download button and your key.

Good download speed as well - I've been going about 5 minutes and I'm at 49% now
-

Installed - It took a while to install and then I spotted the september update so im now downloading that. Bummer. anyway here's a link to the september update which hopefully will save you all some time when you cvome to install the main game.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/server/show/nav.603

Last edited:
Had a blast on this today... It really is awful.

I'm glad I've spent £3 on it because it's obvious they need the money to get some better programmers in. The match engine is a disgrace. Twice I had a defender get the ball, run in a 30-yard circle (taking about 15 seconds), then pass it straight to the opposition striker with no possible teammate he could have been passing to anywhere near him. Oh, goal! What a surprise. FM has its moments but nothing like this.

I've done a quarter of a season in about half an hour, on FM it takes me half an hour to do two or three games because of the amount of detail you have to go through. You can see the difference all your tactical tinkering is making - in this it does nothing as far as I'm concerned, it's like an Amiga management game, horribly shallow on the field and just as bad off it.

Truly woeful, with terrible data as well (Tranmere have a player missing - he's not even in the game - and the backroom staff have the stats of Sunday League staff). You can tell some of the stats are just guessed because there's a few staff who are known for being good tactically, and a few who are good with the youth team - and their stats are the total opposite way around to what they should be.

Utter garbage compared to Football Manager, which is a bastard because the animations in the match engine are so sexy at times. Total waste of whoever put them together's time.

To top it off, FourFourTwo have given it 5/5. A magazine sponsored by Championship Manager. WOW I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT - this should be banned.

(By banned, I mean the practice of giving the game you're sponsored by 5/5.

And the game itself.)

Last edited:
anyone know if you can watch only text commentary? bit annoying that theres no way to watch it other than highlights, which seem to bear little relevance to football...! im not veen sure why im persisting!

In a word Paddy, don't.

It doesn't have the depth, you can tell the amount of difference your changes make by the fact that as soon as you press OK you're taken back into the game. No work done by the CPU whatsoever, it's garbage. Would have been overpriced at £1 but at least we've contributed to CM 2011, hopefully that one's actually fucking playable.

:LOL: Sorry Chris, but it is actually very amusing reading your reactions for this game. I have lost all hope for any other management franchises other than FM. SI have killed management gaming.

It's true, they have. Nothing else matches the depth, but I would have sacrificed a bit of depth to watch matches in the beautiful match engine. The graphics/animations are superb.

It's just that the beautiful goalkeeping animations are usually showing the goalkeeper running away from the goal and sliding on the floor when nobody's even hit a shot yet, then the beautiful defending animations will show a defender running off to the sideline to talk to his mate in the front row, and at that point the mouse goes through the window.

I love the "extra fast sprinting" animation they have as well, it's hilarious. All the others are great but there's this step-up-from-sprinting animation where literally they can cover half the pitch in a few seconds, like they've got a rocket up their arse. Such a shame, FM has no competition and you can tell from the incremental updates.

I was really hoping it would have a match engine like Champ Man's (but less shit). :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom