eFootball (All Platforms)

Well I’ll be damned.

What year is this advert from?

It doesn't even have a date, the information is part of a link to jobs for the PES team. Funny that the team's job listing hasn't changed in 2 years.

Link: https://www.konami.com/jobs/ja/jk/spe/football/

I hope one day the FIFA or PES team start to do motion capture during matches, EA already has technology using Deep Learning. The Madden team used Chips in the players to improve the animations of the game (Next Gen Stats).

Last edited:
What i want from pes 2022 is all related to the new engine, to how the shooting on basic will be implemented and the responsiveness of the game when u arrive near or inside the box, the only thing missing from pes 2021 is the variety and the momentum whatever u wanna call it
The new engine has to be fluid and responsive and a major issue is the player awareness whether on the offensive or the defensive side, we need the feel of pes 3-4-5 to be present, coz these have the basics done well, that s all.

There will be two new Clubs from Italy who will become Pes Partner in the next few installments. I hope La Dea ( Atalanta Bergamo) will be one.

There will be two new Clubs from Italy who will become Pes Partner in the next few installments. I hope La Dea ( Atalanta Bergamo) will be one.

Hope they start to take care about our League too. Don't mind if gonna be Atalanta and Napoli, or Sassuolo and Parma. :)

I don't even know why Konami don't push towards Leagues like Serie A or Ligue 1 and others that are still "available" to "fight" EA Leagues Partnership(Bundesliga, Premier, La Liga)...

Maybe Club partnership could be a good way, but whole League should be the best result that they can achive from my point of view.

Also how they managing the South American teams is a big shame. Ok Brazilian Stadiums, but 50 face in the whole 2 Brazilian League, and only 2 Stadium and 50 for Argentina Primera División.

South America that i remember is almost like Pes Kingdom since a lot of time...

All the talk about how important eSports is, and how important licenses are, gives me no hope for the future. I might just have to give up gaming and take up golf or something...

Maybe this bit is good...IF google translator did justice.

" Since it will be mainly designed for the younger ones, there is the possibility that it will also collaborate with the youth teams. Of course, streaming will play an important part. I believe youth teams are fundamental for clubs, and including them will positively influence clubs in so many ways. We plan to recreate the training of the youth teams in the game and what results they must achieve to be promoted to the first team. "

All the talk about how important eSports is, and how important licenses are, gives me no hope for the future. I might just have to give up gaming and take up golf or something...

I'm the same. Apart from the Baggio, Del Piero and Totti references the whole thing made me sad.

Any creation of a decent offline experience is likely to be by accident rather than design.

E-Sports
PES Lite (Free to Play)
PES Mobile

Fear of PES becoming just a Free to Play.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a casual semi-realistic football game being made now that both FIFA(due to gambling restriction) and PES will move more to hardcore e-Sports. It leaves a market empty for casual football lovers that I bet a company wouldn't mind sweeping.

Have a little patience. I understand your concern.

We are all fans concern of the PES series. And the next generation version may be our only hope for a great football game.

Hosoda did not want to talk about pes 2022 at the moment. In May and maybe June The pes 2022 is fully unveiled and we can hope for a great pes.

The graphics engine has changed. The 2021 version sacrificed the next generation version. The development team has been working on the next generation version for three years. They may also have had good experiences with past mistakes.

We must hope so. There is nothing else we can do right now.

I have hope in PES because they said "we are excited to announce that we are hard at work on a next generation football title that aims to truly embody our core concept of "The Pitch is Ours". This title is being developed with an updated engine that will enable us to dazzle you with staggering improvements to all areas of the game. Expect more realistic player models and animations, enhanced physics, photorealistic visuals, and much much more.
We recognize that many of you are enthusiastic for new myClub and Master League content, and we are also excited to share that large updates are in the works for both of these modes."

I honestly can't remember when was the last time I felt so anxious about a game before.
Can't wait to get the first batch of official information, videos, screenshots. I find myself thinking about PES 2022 quite often.
I remember feeling sort of similar pre-PES 2018 because they were finally going to level the PC version with the PS4 one, but this time the anxiety is a lot worse. For some reason I feel this could finally be the year for PES.

I honestly can't remember when was the last time I felt so anxious about a game before.
Can't wait to get the first batch of official information, videos, screenshots. I find myself thinking about PES 2022 quite often.
I remember feeling sort of similar pre-PES 2018 because they were finally going to level the PC version with the PS4 one, but this time the anxiety is a lot worse. For some reason I feel this could finally be the year for PES.
@Chuny you are not alone !!
i think about it too and the lack of news makes me anxious because the new engine coming to play is a whole different ball game.. the stadiums will look surreal with real time weather conditions
imagine an incredible pes 22 with unreal engine and a patch to top that up... lets keep dreaming !!
but it wont make sense if u dont release a gfx mod :D

@Chuny you are not alone !!
i think about it too and the lack of news makes me anxious because the new engine coming to play is a whole different ball game.. the stadiums will look surreal with real time weather conditions
imagine an incredible pes 22 with unreal engine and a patch to top that up... lets keep dreaming !!
but it wont make sense if u dont release a gfx mod :D

I don't know. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Trying not to imagine features or scenarios. But it's hard not to.
When you see what can be done with the Unreal Engine..... it's hard not to.

I don't know. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Trying not to imagine features or scenarios. But it's hard not to.
When you see what can be done with the Unreal Engine..... it's hard not to.
I know I keep seeing videos on YouTube of guys making stadiums 🏟 with the new engine ... I just can't wait for September... or just can't wait for news images leaked videos etc....
My friend our time will come I will message you on the day the new game is released 👌 just to say it was worth all the waiting time...

If they really wants to collaborate with youths teams and low divisions teams etc. ....
Those teams needs to be more cooperative with Konami. I'm sick of standard faces with "0" everywhere because they're unfoundable (especially in AFC) standards Hgt/Wgt (very rubbish all those GK with 170cm 68kg because it's the standard from Konami for Asian players, or 160cm 78kg player because weight is unfound, and standard for Euro players is 78kg... Really amateurish, plenty of little fat youth or tall players 195cm 68kg looking like chinese
chopsticks)

So, it's not only Konami, but also the teams who don't gives as much info. the Fifa or Fifpro association should ask those a picture and basic info before register a player. For me, that's the base.

Well, Konami is helped by Opta for some unfoundable players. But another issue you don't have in Fifa database for example : data editors from Fifa can gives an approximation. Some players are totally wrong but at least > they got the permission.
In PES a data edtior got to gives a link with cm and/or kg, even separately with an explanation saying that height is right but weight is wrong etc.

Two good example of sharing : J-League official website aswell as MLS and LIGA MX. You got those info, a picture and the position. Not the natural foot but it's simple and obvious to found with a small research or a vid.

To me, it's very important, as it's representing the most basic and important information about a player representation.
Edit: so VERY linked to realism, variety and so gameplay, aerial aswell as contacts. Good keep with an accurate weight same for CB, small/quick winger and Tall Target CF. Faces are less important but if you want the whole package... I care about it more than modes, because the most important happens on the pitch (without making the publicity of "pitch is yours" and all slogans of course)

Last edited:
I know I keep seeing videos on YouTube of guys making stadiums 🏟 with the new engine ... I just can't wait for September... or just can't wait for news images leaked videos etc....
My friend our time will come I will message you on the day the new game is released 👌 just to say it was worth all the waiting time...

Besides the obvious and most important stuff, the Triple G (Gameplay, Graphics, Game Modes) I keep dreaming about a proper Edit Mode with hundreds of options and gameplay sliders..

No sliders for me. I'm a football communist lol, same gameplay for everyone, assumed.
And for example different referee for differents type of decisions, not + or - severity.

Just different assistances is already enough. Well, gameplay speed always existed even in old football games but even that i'm not a fan.

What i want is 12 minutes games. It's only 1 minutes more, but it's a small touch of simulation/balance. I don't know if PES 2019-21 change the gameplay regarding that parameter but i don't think at all.
Also, difficulty shouldn't affect keepers, or like in ISS you gotted 1 to 5 about keeper overall strength, it wasn't a bad idea. 2 levels of difficulty, one for keeper and another for outfield players. Online, for AI keeper should be 5 same as AI. Normal is far too easy. I don't ask Legendary neither, because it's a bit too super-human.

Last edited:

Remember that when we will have a press release where the biggest improvement to Master League will be

4 more coachs models to choose from.

Wow :D

I just hope PES 2022 will not just look like PES 2021 with mods in terms of graphics

Let just hope they revamp everything, like new menu system, team menu system, default scoreboards etc

Animation wise, hopefully the game will not be on rails like it is now, and that the player and the ball are 2 seperate entities unlike now where the player and the ball are attached to each other

I just hope PES 2022 will not just look like PES 2021 with mods in terms of graphics

Let just hope they revamp everything, like new menu system, team menu system, default scoreboards etc

Animation wise, hopefully the game will not be on rails like it is now, and that the player and the ball are 2 seperate entities unlike now where the player and the ball are attached to each other

I see people so happy with the gameplay now, I find it hard for Konami to change the gameplay from scratch. The game needs more longevity, interaction and depth in the modes.

It doesn't even have a date, the information is part of a link to jobs for the PES team. Funny that the team's job listing hasn't changed in 2 years.

Link: https://www.konami.com/jobs/ja/jk/spe/football/

I hope one day the FIFA or PES team start to do motion capture during matches, EA already has technology using Deep Learning. The Madden team used Chips in the players to improve the animations of the game (Next Gen Stats).
Once upon a time I want to apply for the job (joining the PES development team), but really get confused because their application form is only in Japanese, and not sure whether they only allow Japanese-native speaker for applying although I can read N3-level Japanese.

Keepers are overpowerd from PES 2016 ... Everyone asked for perfect goalkeepers and they made them. But, how fun is that ?

I made lots of changes in my personal Database

I decreased them in some areas regarding stats and increasead for example reflexes and diving. Just seen better and more "human" saves, more natural. Obviously i'm on Ps4, so i don't have to much space to work on

I was really hyped once the PES 2022 teaser dropped and how much potential it has but I'm kind of worried with the delay.
Even if PES 2022 didn't turn out to be perfect, Konami just needs to make a good and enjoyable game that's better than the abomination called EA Sports FIFA.
Please Konami don't ruin people's hope of a decent football game.

Honestly I am not worried about delay. They can wait until October or November to release. Just make it good. Thinking in terms of new gen games, PES 3(PS2), PES 2008(PS3), PES 2014(PS4) or the new engine games PES 3(good), PES 2008(bad), PES 2011(good), PES 2014(good imo) it could be a good game. I hope it's not a PES 2008 situation.

I was really hyped once the PES 2022 teaser dropped and how much potential it has but I'm kind of worried with the delay.
Even if PES 2022 didn't turn out to be perfect, Konami just needs to make a good and enjoyable game that's better than the abomination called EA Sports FIFA.
Please Konami don't ruin people's hope of a decent football game.

What delay? Have I missed something?

Back
Top Bottom