eFootball (All Platforms)

I think no info at this point is definitely a bad sign.

Konami overhype when they’re making a shit PES game, do you think if they had a genuinely good game on their hands they would be keeping silent about it?

If we have to be honest, it's a little early, BUT if it's a normal year, with a normal new game, but it's not. What is 80% certain is that there will be a beta test version in the middle of the year, and maybe at the end of next month we will have a trailer and a press release, but again that are just assumptions .

I'm sure they wanted to release last year with a unreal engine, but they moved it to next year and I don't think the main reason was the corona epidemic, but the unfinished game.

If they have any kind of licence for Euro2021 there is no sense for them to release anything before final game of Euro2021. They need to sell that game/update. That doesnt mean delay, its just normal common sense.

I dont expect any newe until late July/early August ... and release in late October/early November.

If they have any kind of licence for Euro2021 there is no sense for them to release anything before final game of Euro2021. They need to sell that game/update. That doesnt mean delay, its just normal common sense.

I dont expect any newe until late July/early August ... and release in late October/early November.

News will come in May

They already start to marketing eEuro so will be esports all the way until summer before any news I think

I think no info at this point is definitely a bad sign.

Konami overhype when they’re making a shit PES game, do you think if they had a genuinely good game on their hands they would be keeping silent about it?

Not at all.
It's still very early in the year. And with the Pandemic situation, I don't even know if E3 or Gamescom will happen (maybe virtually?).
I think the first batch of strong news for PES 2020 were released in late June early July 2019 (I remember because I was away on vacation and I had to watch everything on my mobile which was frustrating). And PES 2020 wasn't even using any new engine, nothing really groundbreaking. So I can totally understand if they aren't giving anything away just yet considering this year's supposed to come with huge changes.

Also, from what I hear there are still a couple of DLCs left for PES 2021. So they want to keep the focus on that game for a little longer.

I'm sure they wanted to release last year with a unreal engine, but they moved it to next year and I don't think the main reason was the corona epidemic, but the unfinished game.

That'd make sense but maybe a bit of both? I'm sure the pandemic played a huge role. Keep in mind that people couldn't work for a long period of time and then they started working from home. Even people at EA were working from home and complaining because everything moved slower (I spoke with one of them).

To be honest I’ve completely lost interest in the series and football games in general. I remember (being a lot younger) sat playing pes3,4,5 &6 thinking what it’s going to be like in 20 years when it was so amazing back then! How wrong I was, the graphics are obviously hugely improved, but I can honestly say from an actual football experience the gameplay has not moved forward. I’m also sick of “this is the year” being spouted for the last 15 years only for so many aspects and functionality to be dropped or changed. 2022 will be the same old rubbish imo.....the “oh wow, look how realistic it looks” to the sudden realisation that there are no fouls, every cpu goal looks the same, it’s a bland and robotic gameplay experience within about 1 month!

Its all in esports now...”yeah man Da skillz“ juggling a ball for 20 yards, flicking it up, ridiculous stuff you only really see with street ballers......is where football games are...and will remain...I’m no longer the wanted audience of football games.

To be honest I’ve completely lost interest in the series and football games in general. I remember (being a lot younger) sat playing pes3,4,5 &6 thinking what it’s going to be like in 20 years when it was so amazing back then! How wrong I was, the graphics are obviously hugely improved, but I can honestly say from an actual football experience the gameplay has not moved forward. I’m also sick of “this is the year” being spouted for the last 15 years only for so many aspects and functionality to be dropped or changed. 2022 will be the same old rubbish imo.....the “oh wow, look how realistic it looks” to the sudden realisation that there are no fouls, every cpu goal looks the same, it’s a bland and robotic gameplay experience within about 1 month!

Its all in esports now...”yeah man Da skillz“ juggling a ball for 20 yards, flicking it up, ridiculous stuff you only really see with street ballers......is where football games are...and will remain...I’m no longer the wanted audience of football games.

It's simple. When they released masterpiece after masterpiece during Ps1 and Ps2 generations they really focused on the game because that was the only way to make it sell. Better quality they had, better sales they would have.

Right now there is no effort at all into making a great football game because they can just release an half baked game, as long as it's functional, they will earn A LOT more, by focusing on how to trick people into spending money on their gambling modes.

Have you read about EA employees selling rare cards somehow even more illegally than the cards system already is? FUT (and Myclub, even being a pale imitation) has rotten the football game experience and i cannot wait for the time it is completely erased from existence.

It's simple. When they released masterpiece after masterpiece during Ps1 and Ps2 generations they really focused on the game because that was the only way to make it sell. Better quality they had, better sales they would have.

Right now there is no effort at all into making a great football game because they can just release an half baked game, as long as it's functional, they will earn A LOT more, by focusing on how to trick people into spending money on their gambling modes.

Have you read about EA employees selling rare cards somehow even more illegally than the cards system already is? FUT (and Myclub, even being a pale imitation) has rotten the football game experience and i cannot wait for the time it is completely erased from existence.
I came across a tweet last night of a guy complaining about EA giving out free packs to random people when he had spent £1300 of his own money on packs. That's like 25 or so copies of the game from 1 guy alone. Think of all the people that bought multiple editions of PES to get myClub players from various clubs (or at least I seem to remember). The thing is this is money they will make regardless of any updates to gameplay, hence the ROI is huge compared to actually developing and improving the offline modes and gameplay.

That said, I'm always excited about a new release. Hope we get some news soon enough.

Its not just game change, lets face it -- its generation change.

Today generations are more into celebrities and other stuff, than into real sport. They care more would there be new Ronaldo or Messi tattoo/haircut in game than would shooting mechanic be good enough.

Its not just game change, lets face it -- its generation change.

Today generations are more into celebrities and other stuff, than into real sport. They care more would there be new Ronaldo or Messi tattoo/haircut in game than would shooting mechanic be good enough.

There are plenty of us "old school guys" that will gladly buy the game if it focused much more on offline modes and gameplay, it could easily become a success. They could also release the Myclub mode as separate from the main game and free to play and earn lots of money from microtransactions as they already do right now.

Hey guys, I tried to put together in one video everything Unreal Engine can bring to PES 2022 from a visual standpoint, hope you enjoy it!

TIMESTAMPS:

00:00 Real Life Animations—No
05:50 Next-Gen Lighting-Yes
07:21 Next-Gen Grass-Yes
07:52 Next-Gen Weather-Maybe
09:03 Unreal Stadiums-limited/maybe
09:38 Metahumans-No
11:25 Unreal Multiplayer-Maybe
11:56 Hair and Cloth Physics-Yes
12:34 VR Integration-No

This is my opinion, great video, but I think it will be watered down, not utilising the full power in 22. Like I’ve said, none of this makes a difference if the actual gameplay is as stilted as it has been......

This is my opinion, great video, but I think it will be watered down, not utilising the full power in 22. Like I’ve said, none of this makes a difference if the actual gameplay is as stilted as it has been......
Well. It's been three years in development, we're not getting UE5 wet know that already. But if we're also not getting Ray Tracing, Metahumans (almost confirmed not to be in 2022), then animations will be the only redeeming quality of PES 2022 and that's good enough for me on PC where everything else can be modded.

Well. It's been three years in development, we're not getting UE5 wet know that already. But if we're also not getting Ray Tracing, Metahumans (almost confirmed not to be in 2022), then animations will be the only redeeming quality of PES 2022 and that's good enough for me on PC where everything else can be modded.

Im just not falling for the next gen amazing animations, despite the 3 year work.....this is a very small team, that appears to prefer to keep everything in house. If (as you elude to in the video) they could sub portions of work out, then I might just go from pessimistic to not quite as pessimistic......I’ve got 15 odd years of hurt in these pockets of mine and the hype fatigue is well and truly set in. I’m not on PC, and many more like me play on consoles so it has limited mods available.......we want a proper game, considered as a new experience...not something that relies on a fog or stadium patch for the pc community......

Hey guys, I tried to put together in one video everything Unreal Engine can bring to PES 2022 from a visual standpoint, hope you enjoy it!

TIMESTAMPS:

00:00 Real Life Animations
05:50 Next-Gen Lighting
07:21 Next-Gen Grass
07:52 Next-Gen Weather
09:03 Unreal Stadiums
09:38 Metahumans
11:25 Unreal Multiplayer
11:56 Hair and Cloth Physics
12:34 VR Integration

Loved the video.
Although I think we might only see one or two of these improvements. Probably not the hair physics and definitely not the metahuman faces.

an unfinished game has never been a good enough reason to delay a game for konami.

Loved the video.
Although I think we might only see one or two of these improvements. Probably not the hair physics and definitely not the metahuman faces.
Yep, I agree. They still need to know that even with three years in development, they're behind in their own engine of choice. There is a clear difference between the Messi face and the Metahumans.

I'll still be happy with realistic grass and good lighting (no way we're getting ray traced lighting) and fog/rain as long as the animations are a huge step up.

Yep, I agree. They still need to know that even with three years in development, they're behind in their own engine of choice. There is a clear difference between the Messi face and the Metahumans.

I'll still be happy with realistic grass and good lighting (no way we're getting ray traced lighting) and fog/rain as long as the animations are a huge step up.
I actually think the graphics are near perfect on PES 2021, I'd like to at least a better face suite/face models for generic players as they look comical.

But i'm one of those who isn't fussy about visuals. I think animations and responsiveness is as if not more crucial to the satisfaction of the game as the initial visuals.

I actually think the graphics are near perfect on PES 2021, I'd like to at least a better face suite/face models for generic players as they look comical.

But i'm one of those who isn't fussy about visuals. I think animations and responsiveness is as if not more crucial to the satisfaction of the game as the initial visuals.
not vanilla graphics lol, even pes 2019 had better overall graphics

Back
Top Bottom