eFootball (All Platforms)

So what, will we still have Pes news in June-July, or not?
I was sure about the month of June, after today ... I don't know and there is hardly anyone who can guess with certainty, looking at the unstable and dynamic (in the worst sense of the word) situation in Konami.

I wouldn't be surprised.
Just my opinion, I think the next gen title 2022 will be delayed/ scrapped until 2023. A combination of Konami incompetence, the pandemic causing production delays and lack of availability of PS5 consoles making it not viable for Konami to release this year.

If they release something it won’t be a true next gen title, either a rushed out, unfinished fuck up i.e 2008 & 2014 (which I don’t think they’d get away with reputation wise again) or another updated PES 2020.

I just can’t believe that if Konami were sitting on a true next gen pes, the best PES ever, they’d keep radio silence until now and even pull out of E3. They’re just delaying the public shit storm for as long as possible.

Seems likely, even in line with the Napoli contract. I'd take a free upgrade this year if they make an actually impressive game with the additional time.

From the sound of that Napoli partnership and Konami not being at E3, we're in most likely for another sad year of PES.

Oh well...

Oh Lord, they did it again, they did Konami things, they messed up...

Pretty sure we get another season update or shitty next gen with broken stuff and missing modes exactly like 2014....

The hypetrain slows down massively 🙄

I don’t think PES 2022 is cancelled due to this, it means less than people think I guess, but we should have some news in July at last about PES 2022 otherwise it is indeed a red flag

Does anyone know if any other companies have pulled out too? What with the pandemic and tight travel restrictions maybe it’s not so extreme for them to do this ... I’m clutching at the straws of hope, obviously. I fully expect to be eating a big shit sandwich come September. I mean, I’m putting up with 21 because
1) it’s a decent game. If very inconsistent
2) in the back of my head I’m thinking “don’t worry, the pinnacle is coming. From the ground up they said. Bear with it. Remember the cloth detailing in the trailer? Hang in there. Something epic is coming.”

Is it fuck. 😂

Does anyone know if any other companies have pulled out too? What with the pandemic and tight travel restrictions maybe it’s not so extreme for them to do this ... I’m clutching at the straws of hope, obviously. I fully expect to be eating a big shit sandwich come September. I mean, I’m putting up with 21 because
1) it’s a decent game. If very inconsistent
2) in the back of my head I’m thinking “don’t worry, the pinnacle is coming. From the ground up they said. Bear with it. Remember the cloth detailing in the trailer? Hang in there. Something epic is coming.”

Is it fuck. 😂
The E3 this year is Internet-only. Many companies have been dropped out from the E3 this year before the E3 participant list was announced, but I think Konami is currently the only withdrawn company who was originally on the participant list.

Just my opinion, I think the next gen title 2022 will be delayed/ scrapped until 2023. A combination of Konami incompetence, the pandemic causing production delays and lack of availability of PS5 consoles making it not viable for Konami to release this year.

If they release something it won’t be a true next gen title, either a rushed out, unfinished fuck up i.e 2008 & 2014 (which I don’t think they’d get away with reputation wise again) or another updated PES 2020.

I just can’t believe that if Konami were sitting on a true next gen pes, the best PES ever, they’d keep radio silence until now and even pull out of E3. They’re just delaying the public shit storm for as long as possible.
You're wrong! "lack of availability of PS5 consoles" does not mean that there are not enough consoles sold! . Sony has already sold nearly 10 million PS5s ... that's more than the PS4 and PS3 for the same period. Yes, the demand is huge, everyone wants PS5 now, because the only way to play next gene games at a reasonable price is a console.
PES 2021 has lost a huge part of the fans of the series, even hardcore fans like me no longer play the game. Konami can't afford another year with Season Update, it will finally kill the series. Yes, this silence is suspicious and disturbing, but ... let's wait at least another month.

Last edited:
You're wrong! "lack of availability of PS5 consoles" does not mean that there are not enough consoles sold! . Sony has already sold nearly 20 million PS5s ... that's more than the PS4 and PS3 for the same period. Yes, the demand is huge, everyone wants PS5 now, because the only way to play next gene games at a reasonable price is a console.
PES 2021 has lost a huge part of the fans of the series, even hardcore fans like me no longer play the game. Konami can't afford another year with Season Update, it will finally kill the series. Yes, this silence is suspicious and disturbing, but ... let's wait at least another month.
Agree to the PS numbers (around 8mio). Quite a good start for Sony, sales wise.

And yeah, let’s all stay positive just a tad longer. :)
BTW: it really is the same every year here at our place, and i tried every flavor of the „pre release period mood cocktail“ myself the last decade, trust me. :LOL:

Last edited:
You're wrong! "lack of availability of PS5 consoles" does not mean that there are not enough consoles sold! . Sony has already sold nearly 20 million PS5s ... that's more than the PS4 and PS3 for the same period. Yes, the demand is huge, everyone wants PS5 now, because the only way to play next gene games at a reasonable price is a console.
Since when did 7.8 million equate to nearly 20 million?

No surprise tbh, everything gets delayed this year, E3 is not what it used to be and we always got more info on PES at Gamescom rather than E3.

Since when did 7.8 million equate to nearly 20 million?
Hmm, I found some number in google that Sony Sells 15 mil to March, Worldwide but.. anyway the point is that PS5 sells more and better that PS4 and PS3 for same period anyway . The console sells are not excuse for Konami.

Last edited:
I was first suprised to even seen anything PES2022 releated at E3 ... (even I know it wasnt officially announced that PES will be there).

But know, I dont like it ... they could have just show some 1 minute trailer and talk about it, but because there will be nothing worries me.

a few things related to this

1. The E3 is totally bullshit this year, as Sony, EA, Activision, etc will not be participating on it.
2. We are not sure that the Konami´s E3 communication is related 100% to PES, actually i dont know which are the other titles "key projects" they are working on currently, but maybe , they quit the E3 due to a delay on those titles and not in PES. Or maybe, they are trying to finish those games, and they not have time to prepare a full presentation for the E3
3. It would be great , if during May - June, we receive a full announcement of Efootball PES 2022, with some pics and a trailer. I mean, if they have been working for the last 3 years on it, they should have at least a punch of pics and a trailer, and they could finish the announcment saying "Efootball PES 2022, will be release later at the end of 2021" without giving an specific day or month.

Lets wait until May / June, and see whats happen, if there is no an announcement on those months, we will be pretty fucked up this year with the tittle.

"Hi fans Counting Money ah Scriptonami ... ah Konami :) here,

we are very proud to counting our Sushi and eating our Money... ah sorry vice versa. :)

And also we are amesed and proud to present to you a news, but it isn't new.

+++ nothing +++

:ANGEL: "

Sorry for harsh sarcasm. But I couldn't resist.

One question. What is "ESA"? Same like NASA or Bavaria One?

Now we have to wait and see what we will get in the coming months. I find it very strange to have a confirmation of the company's presence at the event (April 10) and then the same month the company leaves the event.

E3 2021 came out with an initial list of exhibitors for its digital June event, and to the surprise of many, Konami was on that list.

https://gamerant.com/konami-e3-castlevania-silent-hill-metal-gear/

Last edited:
Fact that we have to wait so long for news on PES 2022 but companies as Konami aren’t keen on doing this normally
I remember they said: “we have revealed a lot this week” when PES 2022 teaser came out so to then have like 10 months of radio silence on the matter apart from leaks unplanned was foreseeable

Fact that we have to wait so long for news on PES 2022 but companies as Konami aren’t keen on doing this normally
I remember they said: “we have revealed a lot this week” when PES 2022 teaser came out so to then have like 10 months of radio silence on the matter apart from leaks unplanned was foreseeable

KONAMI created the hype and the community was attracted by this hype, but they are not managing to sustain the hype, it's been 10 months and they haven't shown anything, if June and July pass without anything, the warning signal will be turned on.

3 years is not much for a game "made from scratch", besides that KONAMI doesn't have the necessary human material for an engine change, they didn't hire almost anyone. Engine change is more difficult than we can imagine.

Should've been obvious, PES 2021 is still getting updates. Do not expect news for new iteration. Once PES 2021 receive last datapack...

giphy.gif

KONAMI created the hype and the community was attracted by this hype, but they are not managing to sustain the hype, it's been 10 months and they haven't shown anything, if June and July pass without anything, the warning signal will be turned on.

3 years is not much for a game "made from scratch", besides that KONAMI doesn't have the necessary human material for an engine change, they didn't hire almost anyone. Engine change is more difficult than we can imagine.
Their marketing strategy is indeed weird and utter crap
However I wouldn’t stress that much about the E3 abscense as long as the game is good and something fresh I’m fine
Yeah I wouldn’t survive another season update either, especially with the same gameplay mechanics we have in PES 2021, but if that its the case then its the end for Konami I think

It doesn't matter whatever we fans say. KONAMI is obviously a boomer company. They can't see where the gaming era goes through they just walking on a straight line that they decided. They're probably working on MGS remake or Silent Hill now and don't pay any attention on new PES 22 because PES is nothing but financial resource for company. Because of all these things, I believe, they'll release an unfinished game just like PES 2014 maybe little bit polished but not more of that. KONAMI is a stupid boomer company so nobody expect any "complety new game".

Back
Top Bottom