eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All UEFA nations at least being in the game (licensed or not) along with modes to play licensed Nations League, Euro qualifiers plus Euro 2020 tournaments would be alright. If that screenshot is real then a major UEFA announcement has to be something about national teams. I am afraid that something like that might mean no new leagues besides what looks like Brazilian Série B and the two second divisions being brought back though. I imagine the main reason Konami bothered to get licenses for the new smaller leagues last year was because they had to spend the money they now had after losing CL/EL.

I wonder what this years AI disease will be

PES 2016 - low shot spamming no high shots gk unable to save them
PES 2017 - hm I don't remember a blatant issue with AI maybe the OP crossing
PES 2018 - spamming chip balls over the top leading to goals
PES 2019 - low cross goal spamming
iPES2K20 - all attacks concentrated down the middle

Has there been any mention of new generic stadia? And I don’t mean the Japanese Satsuma Stadium with running track around the pitch and 70s floodlights.

I wonder if they’ll throw in a boring Madejski Stadium type where we can assign it to lots of teams like Reading, Swansea etc.

Then give us an actual stadium that looks like Etihad Stadium but obviously call it something silly that we can edit and apply to clubs like Man City, even Spurs etc.

I just haven’t got it in me to play three away games in a row at Rose Park Stadium anymore. I’m sick of it.

hm is it me or in 2015 the player ID was a bit more prominent by the cpu regardint the dribbling? also the game isnt that end-to-end? compared to the 2020 vids
all i can remember is i loved the first touch sys in it

2015 was the last one i bought until recently (bought 2018 on my PS4 cuz i found it for real cheap and i can't stand FIFA 19 as my only footy game on my new console, i miss league mode with more than one season + edit mode and playing with the team i support, which isn't in FIFA and i can't even edit them in). I agree with some of the points i often read on this forum about it not being as sim-like as 2014, about it being really direct, the midfield having too much space, and while i agree with all of these points, i still feel it was the best direction the series could have taken, the direction 2014 went with is one i don't think would survive in today's gaming culture unfortunately. 2015 did a decent job in satisfying the online crowd by allowing end-to-end direct and fast play, and the offline crowd by allowing the game to be played realistically against the CPU to a certain extent.

I remember playing the game a bit recently, Barcelona loved to tiki-taka all the way and rarely shot from outside the box, but when i played against Real Madrid the always tried to play a lofted through ball to Ronaldo and Bale on the wings, and they would shoot from outside the box more often, especially Ronaldo and Bale. Spain loved to pass the ball around the back and would only pass foward if they found the space, no risky passes allowed as possession was everything to them, Germany however loved to pass to their wingers, which tried to get pass my defence (They rarely crossed, which was a problem, but at least this dribbling on the wing play was somewhat effective so the game wasn't easier because of this lack of crossing). The individuality (player-wise and team-wise) still pales in comparasion to what came before it, but to me it is better than what we have now.

I think the biggest problem is that, looking at 2015, while to me it is a great footy game, there is a lot of room for improvement (I really mean A LOT), and when we see where the game stands 5 years later, the improvement seems to be only a fraction of what it could, and should, have been.

I wonder what this years AI disease will be

PES 2016 - low shot spamming no high shots gk unable to save them
PES 2017 - hm I don't remember a blatant issue with AI maybe the OP crossing
PES 2018 - spamming chip balls over the top leading to goals
PES 2019 - low cross goal spamming

MyClub virus was released in 2015.

Nobody saw it coming and everyone thought they were safe on pesfan, wenb etc but last year those camps were eradicated.

Some of us made it out in time. Fort Evo-web has been standing strong for a while. Perimeter defences are manned by Chris, Tom, etc.

We converse around the main campfire most evenings. Chuny supplies entertainment while amartingil, incas and nesa etc are busy working out how to tackle the MyClub virus.

Some of us fell - danielrh succumbed - lord bless his soul.

We got a letter by pigeon today from Asim. We cannot believe he survived. He seem to have some immunity to MyClub virus.

Depression is setting in the camp. We are starved of good offline play. But Chuny told us he would get us all a copy of PES2020. We smiled. If he hadn't had made this generous offer I'm sure we would all have perished in the coming days.

A toast to Chuny!

Nobody saw it coming and everyone thought they were safe on pesfan, wenb etc but last year those camps were eradicated.

Some of us made it out in time. Fort Evo-web has been standing strong for a while. Perimeter defences are manned by Chris, Tom, etc.

We converse around the main campfire most evenings. Chuny supplies entertainment while amartingil, incas and nesa etc are busy working out how to tackle the MyClub virus.

We got a letter by pigeon today from Asim. We cannot believe he survived. He seem to have some immunity to MyClub virus.

Depression is setting in the camp. We are starved of good offline play. But Chuny told us he would get us all a copy of PES2020. We smiled. If he hadn't had made this generous offer I'm sure we would all have perished in the coming days.

A toast to Chuny!

:APPLAUD:

"The last of PES"

With the demo at end of July are there any other milestones, events or announcements to be made before then that we can expect?

What is noticeable in the PES 2015 video is some of the problems like sliding/teleporting that seem to be inherent to this animation engine whenever they try to increase responsiveness, problems that they still appear to be grappling with 5 years later. It smells of sunk cost fallacy. It's presumably been more cost effective to just keep adding on top of the dodgy foundations rather than do anything drastic to fix things (which might be impossible anyway). The sooner this engine is scrapped the better.

I meant no harm, apologies.
Its a good idea and Im with you on it.

But remember Konami guy response to your sliders? Either he was pretending, or he didnt even know what does it mean..
Automatically - idea like this goes in one ear - comes out the other.
The only way to get their attention would be to basically create the whole project for them to read through.

Same goes for @Matt10 - if he could elaborate on his ideas, give them examples and (probably most important) solutions to the issues - there would be much bigger chance for them to listen.

There is a lot of people in here, who have brilliant ideas, simple to implement and would change the game for better.
But twitter and facebook are awful tools to provide proper feedback/suggestions.

I'm hoping that when the demo drops, I'll have more insight. Creating a video reaction/general thoughts this year is a bit tricky with all the copyright and sensitive original content creators out there. I figure, the demo is out in 20 days or so, might as well analyze when I play it!

I definitely have my thoughts though, but if I'm perfectly honest...it's pretty painful to watch pes 2020 man united videos. The lighting is way off, the perfect passing is too perfect, but also the formations are skewed. Basically, too many variables to seem an invalid opinion is forming.

PES 2020 terá 5 clubes paranaense no game

How about playing with five Paraná teams in your videogame? This is what will happen from September 10, with the launch of eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020, the PES that everyone knows - or, for the elders, the evolution of Winning Eleven. The game will have the 40 teams of the Brazilian Championship A and B series, including Athletico (the only one that was in the 2019 version of the game), Coritiba, Londrina, Operário and Paraná Clube.

+ Controversy:

The official announcement has not yet left, but there was an agreement between Konami, the producer of the game, and the twenty clubs of Segundona - Serie A has been licensed since PES 2017. Thus, for the first time it will be possible to play Brasileirão with access and downhill, in addition to the Brazil Cup to have more teams.

As much as the main attraction of a game of soccer in the videogame is to be able to use the great stars (Messi, for example, will be on the cover of the game), there is a faithful audience that likes to play with the Brazilian clubs. To the point that many developers have put together alternate versions since old PES editions, causing the game to gain teams, stadiums and players that Konami certainly never thought of licensing.

The eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 has confirmed launch for September 10 for Playstation 4, XBOX One and PC, as well as mobile versions for iOS and Android. The official presentation of the game is scheduled for July 25, and on July 30, Konami will release a demo version on July 30 with five national teams: Palmeiras, Flamengo, Corinthians, São Paulo and Vasco.

http://todowebrasil.blogspot.com/2019/07/pes-2020-tera-5-clubes-paranaense-no.htm

Reactions: MKC

A toast to Chuny!
You can make a decent TV series out of this.
I'm looking forward to the next episode.:))

Last edited:
Too many compliments between grown ass men of how beautiful they are here lately..
This is what waiting for a new Pes demo does to you!:LOL:

PES 2020 terá 5 clubes paranaense no game

How about playing with five Paraná teams in your videogame? This is what will happen from September 10, with the launch of eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020, the PES that everyone knows - or, for the elders, the evolution of Winning Eleven. The game will have the 40 teams of the Brazilian Championship A and B series, including Athletico (the only one that was in the 2019 version of the game), Coritiba, Londrina, Operário and Paraná Clube.

+ Controversy:

The official announcement has not yet left, but there was an agreement between Konami, the producer of the game, and the twenty clubs of Segundona - Serie A has been licensed since PES 2017. Thus, for the first time it will be possible to play Brasileirão with access and downhill, in addition to the Brazil Cup to have more teams.

As much as the main attraction of a game of soccer in the videogame is to be able to use the great stars (Messi, for example, will be on the cover of the game), there is a faithful audience that likes to play with the Brazilian clubs. To the point that many developers have put together alternate versions since old PES editions, causing the game to gain teams, stadiums and players that Konami certainly never thought of licensing.

The eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 has confirmed launch for September 10 for Playstation 4, XBOX One and PC, as well as mobile versions for iOS and Android. The official presentation of the game is scheduled for July 25, and on July 30, Konami will release a demo version on July 30 with five national teams: Palmeiras, Flamengo, Corinthians, São Paulo and Vasco.

http://todowebrasil.blogspot.com/2019/07/pes-2020-tera-5-clubes-paranaense-no.htm

Always nice to see my Coritiba getting some love :D

Has there been any mention of new generic stadia? And I don’t mean the Japanese Satsuma Stadium with running track around the pitch and 70s floodlights.

I wonder if they’ll throw in a boring Madejski Stadium type where we can assign it to lots of teams like Reading, Swansea etc.

Then give us an actual stadium that looks like Etihad Stadium but obviously call it something silly that we can edit and apply to clubs like Man City, even Spurs etc.

I just haven’t got it in me to play three away games in a row at Rose Park Stadium anymore. I’m sick of it.
They already have, it's called the Konami Stadium - What more could you want?

Just pop into edit mode, change the colour of the seats and voila: It's like an entirely new stadium!

Some people are just so ungrateful to the accommodations made for stadiums...

They already have, it's called the Konami Stadium - What more could you want?

Just pop into edit mode, change the colour of the seats and voila: It's like an entirely new stadium!

Some people are just so ungrateful to the accommodations made for stadiums...

Although be careful or you could get hit with a copyright notice! :JAY:

Looks shit defender AI - wise. But visually, the way the animations and ball physics look.. it looks pretty damn impressive to me. Things are definitely look more realistic in terms of animations, ball movement and overall flow.
Like some of the previous posts have recently mentioned, if Konami could only purely work on AI for while, or make AI the key focus, we'd all be so happy. Im really hoping the constant AI talk get's through to Konami.. im hoping we see major AI improvement in this 2020 version.. if only there was alot done between the e3 and demo/final ver builds..
I share your wish for them to work on the AI, but not your enthusiasm I'm afraid! In the early videos I thought the lines looked a bit more compact and the teams generally pushed higher up the pitch. But with more gameplay footage, especially from the newer build, I think we're seeing so many of the old problems: sketchy defenders, forwards retreating when losing the ball, back line going too deep, players without any sense of where the ball is and what they ought to be doing, etc.

I actually wonder if they have people left on the development team who care about this kind of thing. It's bizarre that it's just never a priority. It's not as though it's only a vs COM thing.

Excuse my ignorance on this as barring demos I've only bought one of the recent PES's and not played that much of it. And just to say I am in no way knocking the way you enjoy to play and indeed it's also the different passing assist levels I'm questioning. Isn't this whole thing of different passing assists part of the whole problem of modern PES. Surely this is exactly where player stats that matter should be coming in to play.

You 'play' the game, you decide where you're going to pass and to who, will you run with the ball, play a one-two and so on. BUT the ability of the player you are controlling at that moment should surely be the key factor in how well that attempt to do something comes off. To put it simply and this is why so many still love the old PES's. You decide what to do with the ball, the player's ability decides how well that's going to happen. So surely various levels of pass assist is bypassing the impact of the player's stats.

So with manual passing is it completely ignoring the stats or is it completely taking the stats into account? - and again I haven't played manual so I apologise if I'm missing something. If you were controlling Iniesta or Tony Adams and tried a through ball, is how well they pick out that key pass going to be entirely down to your ability or theirs?
hey @mattmid sorry i answer you that late.
i get your point and let me explain how i see this: manual to me, is one of the last variables left producing some human like gameplay (only for me that is). stats dont matter that much anymore (when comparing with the past versions), we know that by now. special traits have taken over.
i dont know how far stats have an impact on my manual play these days (its all about feeling for me), but i like it more than PA1-3, wich makes it more automated (for chimps to play)! ;)

my dream would be: stats matter in every detail and my manual control inputs would impact them.

Any of the german folks willing to translate this?

D_MX2bSU4AEcrvt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom