eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So many questions :) what controls are you playing on, and how do you do a chest pass - is that automatic depending on ball height?
PA0, basic through ball, manual shooting.

The chest pass was done with a slight tap of the through ball button. It is automatic but I think you can influence it a bit by pressing the button later so you don't go up for a jumping header.

Ok two things.

First mini review of PES 2020

Pros.

- This is the best football gameplay ever.

Cons.

- Player switching and responsiveness issues are there and are bad. Here is what i find interesting.

Although a general thing I've noticed on all PES Fox engine game but especially since 2018 the game has severe responsiveness and player switching issues on release, then they always fix it in October!

I honestly think they ship the game early in September in a late beta mode just to beat FIFA to the stores then release the finished version in late October. That feedback facebook group for me makes this all the more obvious.

- Fouls, just nowhere near enough of them! Too far the other way from the demo. Hope adam is right that they found a balance.

Right now i'm enjoying the game even with these flaws which are for me glaring because the rest of the game is just so fucking good! The game isn't easy but it's not as difficult as it could be because of the responsiveness issues is a general thing and at times the AI is inconsistent with how clinical they are in tight areas. for example looking at Rickys last ML vid with him vs City, City dominated like crazy but lacked the responsiveness to take advantage when the ball was lose the AI struggles to be clinical. The AI are more clinical when they are direct with less loose ball variables fucking things up.

You know what, its taken years to get here to this promised land but I'm sure happy to be alive to play thus game i 2019. Some things do get better in time!

here is the best 0-0 you will ever see in a videogame so far

You're probably right about the beta code, back in the day WE games were always late October early November release which lines up with the first main patch

Has Adam said they are looking at fouls ? i've had games with quite a few but there'a too many with just 2's and 3's now and not had one penalty since latest patch - AI is too good at reading the tackle

Ok two things.

First mini review of PES 2020

Pros.

- This is the best football gameplay ever.

Cons.

- Player switching and responsiveness issues are there and are bad. Here is what i find interesting.

Although a general thing I've noticed on all PES Fox engine game but especially since 2018 the game has severe responsiveness and player switching issues on release, then they always fix it in October!

I honestly think they ship the game early in September in a late beta mode just to beat FIFA to the stores then release the finished version in late October. That feedback facebook group for me makes this all the more obvious.

- Fouls, just nowhere near enough of them! Too far the other way from the demo. Hope adam is right that they found a balance.

Right now i'm enjoying the game even with these flaws which are for me glaring because the rest of the game is just so fucking good! The game isn't easy but it's not as difficult as it could be because of the responsiveness issues is a general thing and at times the AI is inconsistent with how clinical they are in tight areas. for example looking at Rickys last ML vid with him vs City, City dominated like crazy but lacked the responsiveness to take advantage when the ball was lose the AI struggles to be clinical. The AI are more clinical when they are direct with less loose ball variables fucking things up.

You know what, its taken years to get here to this promised land but I'm sure happy to be alive to play thus game i 2019. Some things do get better in time!

here is the best 0-0 you will ever see in a videogame so far

Agree. What version you playing on?

You're probably right about the beta code, back in the day WE games were always late October early November release which lines up with the first main patch

Yeah, bang on!

Has Adam said they are looking at fouls ? i've had games with quite a few but there'a too many with just 2's and 3's now and not had one penalty since latest patch - AI is too good at reading the tackle

Yes again 100% correct i do still get games with fouls especially with all the tactic changes but there are too many AI cheese tackles which keep the game flowing too much!

Adam on Twitter says they found a balance which believe is true for the upcoming patch. The demo had much better fouls in general.

The balance should be a case bringing that back with the responsiveness fixed. The responsiveness and passive AI was a big issue in the demo which isn't so much of an issue right now!

Agree. What version you playing on?

PC, latest patch.

The Tactics bring this game to life. Its special. I did some tests yesterday just to make sure there's no easy exploits and there really aren't any cheap exploits anymore when tactics are setup with balance. It really is the definition of what a good football game should be! Not perfection but the best dam football gameplay there has ever been!

You must have a PS account. No other work around dude.Soz.

IMHO don't even mess with parent/family accounts and BS. Somehow they feked it up after a recent firmware update.

Thank you so much, mate. That really is baffling the it works. Never been an issue up until PES 2016 or something like that...

Just out of curiosity: If I DIDN'T have an OF installed, I wouldn't be having this problem?

Hi all I have added an option file so have added new teams. Everything has gone great except some teams now have fake players. Any ideas? For example, I have the MLS now but none of the players are real. And a few of the "other European teams" have had their squads replaced with fake players. Cheers.

Hi all I have added an option file so have added new teams. Everything has gone great except some teams now have fake players. Any ideas? For example, I have the MLS now but none of the players are real. And a few of the "other European teams" have had their squads replaced with fake players. Cheers.
Either you didnt select 'apply player and squad data' when you were installing OF for these teams, or you are trying to play exhibition match and have 'Live Update' on. When you get to team selection in Exhibition mode just press R3 (click right stick) and it will switch Live Update off and load edited players.

Thank you so much, mate. That really is baffling the it works. Never been an issue up until PES 2016 or something like that...

Just out of curiosity: If I DIDN'T have an OF installed, I wouldn't be having this problem?
Don't know in PES, i have not tried without an option file. I tried to my nephew's PS4, to play a 1vs1 in WWE2k19 (vanilla version), and did not allowed us even to play,we could not advance to next screen. Having one PS profile (mine) and one guest. The game did not have any content installed.

But if i reverse your question, if it does not allow you, at least up until 2019, you can play with the PES official database. If you don't have an OF, you don't have a problem, since you play with the vanilla database. Only in case if you mean you want to play without images, but with manual made transfer/rosters/players/team names etc..
Either you didnt select 'apply player and squad data' when you were installing OF for these teams, or you are trying to play exhibition match and have 'Live Update' on. When you get to team selection in Exhibition mode just press R3 (click right stick) and it will switch Live Update off and load edited players.
Either you messed something before, you used players for other teams, or you had a different OF before in European clubs that came in conflict with MLS??? If the MLS OF came last, it is what @Emroth said, you didn't tick the first box.

Last edited:
Game is the best football game ever for sure..rahter than fouls issue i have just one very big complaint : when a player controls a ball especially a high ball or a little fast pass ; he becomes responseness for a 0.5 seconds .. that time is crucial cuz perfectlt timed hard cpu pressing gives u no chance to react back and it finalizes with losing ball.. i play on ss pa0 , i give less chances to cpu but whenever i lose such a ball due to reason above, it gives a perfect chance to cpu because my team had no chance to re unite... that is called responsiveness issue .. and it is not a player uniqeness thing , a guy with very high ball control cant even move for a 0.5 sec... if it is the loose ball issue thing that komami told to be patched at the end of october i will be so damn happy

They need to sort these fouls out. Demo might have called some unnecessarily but now all everyone does is hold x, trip you as you are running through to make you stumble and then get the ball, no foul. Bullshit.

@Alx1234 regarding your question about MyClub VsCOM modes in 2019, in case you are interested in 2020 too and you have not yet checked, the mode is even more poor this year than previous year. Until now it has usually one vsCOM competition every week or 3~4 days, with 3 knock-out matches, but the rewards are very poor. Also this time didnt have any early bird campaign. It has regressed in comparison to 2019. Also the boxes that give 3 players with 25.000GP, are only available on Mondays, the rest days you can open them only with COINS!!!! :D :TWIST::TWIST::TWIST:

Does the lid just come off? I thought hoovering it could damage it?
Yeah just pops off from the front of the console. Seems it's been designed for cleaning the fan out.The only thing your hoovering is the fan it's impossible to touch anything else. Wish i knew about it earlier tbh my console had been driving me aff my heed for months upon months.

You just need to set up a second user and make sure there no age restrictions/parental controls in place, this then allows the option file to work.

It is basically making sure no images are being shown to anyone underage. Obviously option files are normal kit images etc, but it is just erring on the side of caution from Sony.

The problem doesn't occur if you have no option file installed.

I am weak and I am a nerd, in that regard. ;) I admit.
Uninstalled 1.3 again and started from scratch. Played one match and it’s there again... that PES that i like so much. :)
Gimme that damn fouls that should be givin‘, gimme little passive AI (top player solves that for me somehow); I don’t care!! It’s sure a beauty in its pure state. It’s just a joy!!
F me, I stay with the old rosters and kits!! Gameplay for life, lads (change that lads to bitches if you dig me ;) )!

Edit: I have to say, the vanilla suits my fuma! That’s one aspect we haven’t put too much into focus. How one version is played with what settings AND what gameplay plan in mind... ;)
Later guys. :SAL:

Last edited:
Am I going mad?
Since the patch ive found Superstar very annoying. Teams sitting back...constant 0-0 1-0 and my team (Juve - 96 chem) unable to make simple passes.

This morning i press live update and this amazing game appeared where i could run, dribble, pass. It was free flowing...

Then after 10 days the games has drifted back to the dull cant pass version. Nothong has changed from me but theres a clear difference. E.g the AI become terminators and hunt the ball and i can pass two yards.

Its almost as though the AI is sick of me winning and is making me lose regardless??

kudos to those willing to endure the mental torment of patches and all it’s ramifications..

Still vanilla(1.00.00)..and I’m not budging!..

That said it’s been great reading everyone’s thoughts both for and against..

I hope there’s not to many left feeling cold who really liked the game after the first patch..

I am weak and I am a nerd, in that regard. ;) I admit.
Uninstalled 1.3 again and started from scratch. Played one match and it’s there again... that PES that i like so much. :)
Gimme that damn fouls that should be givin‘, gimme little passive AI (top player solves that for me somehow); I don’t care!! It’s sure a beauty in its pure state. It’s just a joy!!
F me, I stay with the old rosters and kits!! Gameplay for life, lads (change that lads to bitches if you dig me ;) )!
:APPLAUD:
Happy gamer here!! :D

Edit: I have to say, the vanilla suits my fuma! That’s one aspect we haven’t put too much into focus. How one version is played with what settings AND what gameplay plan in mind... ;)
Later guys. :SAL:

Yes bro, my settings as well. TopPlayer and FM. I love the passive ai of smaller teams and that they misplaced more passes and shots then a better team. Sometimes you see there stats especially stats of players are not enough to handle situations. Better teams handle it but with good defense and good position the have misplaced passes too. I love it

@Alx1234 regarding your question about MyClub VsCOM modes in 2019, in case you are interested in 2020 too and you have not yet checked, the mode is even more poor this year than previous year. Until now it has usually one vsCOM competition every week or 3~4 days, with 3 knock-out matches, but the rewards are very poor. Also this time didnt have any early bird campaign. It has regressed in comparison to 2019. Also the boxes that give 3 players with 25.000GP, are only available on Mondays, the rest days you can open them only with COINS!!!! :D :TWIST::TWIST::TWIST:

Hey! I have not played a single MyClub game in 2020 nor 2019.

I'm happy to collect MyClub daily bonus when I can be bothered in case I ever fancy a game in the future but l see the mode like a sticker album and since I collected full albums in 2015, 16, 17, 18 I've had my fill. If I fancy a quick spin with free coins I can.

My focus this year seems to be on playing exh mode - at least one game a day if I can (today I have not had chance to play at all!). Taking some time away then whets the appetite for the next match.

Thanks for the info tho.

According to PES this is a fair challenge, no foul given...

ezgif-5-774ccb54904e.gif

Guys is there anyway humanly possible to get the damn option files on disc 1.0, Im willing to sell my body for this. Missing the pes legends offline makes me a sad man and I do have 2 versions of the game so Im wondering if there is anyway to transfer edit saves or something. I also bought the game on pc for this and realised that 1.0 doesnt exist there so Konami have took all my money and fucked me in my offline ass.

Only way is to get a console and the disc. Also, get some Konami-proof titanium underwear ready for PES 2021.

Got to the final of the international cup after a 4-2 semi win over poland. End 2 end frantic semi. Final against Brazil was such a contrast. Tight patient build up, slowed right down. They beat 1 nil with a typical firminho flick goal. It was a joy to watch them.

I'm that tounament I was pa1 advanced, love advanced shooting as I can chose to shoot low and hard how would I do that on manual shooting

Yes bro, my settings as well. TopPlayer and FM. I love the passive ai of smaller teams and that they misplaced more passes and shots then a better team. Sometimes you see there stats especially stats of players are not enough to handle situations. Better teams handle it but with good defense and good position the have misplaced passes too. I love it
Absolutely Dom!!
I love the randomnessof the ball and especially that it’s equal for both sides. As you said, smaller teams have so much error. And i don’t mean the error you get in 1.3, there is a difference. In the vanilla version, these errors have more variety, they are more human like as well!! And it shows all the time and everywhere!!
And another huge thing for me: these stumble animations you get in when the opponent shoves you from behind; you can get back from those much faster/better and have a chance to get to ball back. It’s all so much more fair.
And this magnetic field that keeps you away from the opponent, the collision engine, this is all so much more organic and human... I can believe that and not get annoyed by it!!
You have to feel it!! Simple is that.
And there is more!!!

Have a good night lads.

Absolutely Dom!!
I love the randomnessof the ball and especially that it’s equal for both sides. As you said, smaller teams have so much error. And i don’t mean the error you get in 1.3, there is a difference. In the vanilla version, these errors have more variety, they are more human like as well!! And it shows all the time and everywhere!!
And another huge thing for me: these stumble animations you get in when the opponent shoves you from behind; you can get back from those much faster/better and have a chance to get to ball back. It’s all so much more fair.
And this magnetic field that keeps you away from the opponent, the collision engine, this is all so much more organic and human... I can believe that and not get annoyed by it!!
You have to feel it!! Simple is that.
And there is more!!!

Have a good night lads.

Whats your thoughts on 1.3 in comparison to vanilla?
Love the unpredictability of 1.0, so can't see me updating unless theres a big change for 1.4 this month.

My observations after last update:
1. Responsiveness is improved. Dribbling with skilled players is easier.
2. Lines are more compact.
3. Cpu AI shoot and turn is nerfed. They now look to pass to the wings in isolated situations which is closer to real life football.
4. AI utilizes more the wings which again represents better real life football.
5. Ball is looser leading to more random situations.
Things that MUST be fixed:
1. Loose ball awareness.
2. Cpu fouls inside the box. GK contact vs attacker is fully bugged. They forgot to add a code line. I had 3 times Vardy on 1-on-1 clattered by the GK. No penalty given.
3. GKs should go out on 1-on-1 no matter if they have the specific trait or not.
Yes, i noticed "Defensive Goal Keepers" NEVER come off thir line when one on one. Total Shambles

Ok so I've played about 20 games today and all I can say is that the game still produces moments of pure joy and magical football which is superb, but on the flipside there are moments I just want to cry because it frustrates the life out of me. I've highlighted the pros and cons I've noticed after playing, some people may of noticed the same issue some might not.

Pros and cons of patch 1.03

Pros
1. Physicality evident players jostle when on the ball and push off other players
2. R3 stick works better more fluid for skill moves
3. Responsiveness of player movement seems more free
4. Ball feels a lot more looser and free
5. More fouls being given

Cons
1. Player switching is horrendous
2. CPU still guesses which way you go when trying to dribble past them
3. Shooting is just too straight always goes to the keeper
4. Manual shots feel like a balloon at time flying over the crossbar
5. Players keep colliding with each other and getting in each others way
6. Finesse shot animation is hit and miss not like previous patches
7. Game feels a bit too fast and hectic
8. Players feel to lightweight.
9. Defenders are like crazied animals and don't stop till the get the ball back
10. Animations sometimes can be jerky and dont look as realistic/smooth as other patches I've played.
11. Players dont react to loose balls
12. Player catch up still there.
Everything you said is 100% spot on.

Tried a few games this morning. It kills me that there are such great little flourishes - love this first goal - but then immediately killed by a "turn-shoot-score" (where the AI clearly throws my CB backwards and away from the striker just to cheat me) and blatant fouls go unpunished. I just can't keep playing it.

All this happened within 20 in-game minutes of one crucial match...

This happens way too frequently. Its the scripting in PES masterleague which i hate.

Back
Top Bottom