eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Officialpes account tweeted the Serie B announcement then deleted it. It says it's coming in Datapack 2, so in few days.

seriebhkkx9.jpg

serieb2zpkj8.jpg

Great, might do a proper ML journey with these italian teams i am not familiar next month after the so called gameolay patch. Bored of premier league.

Simple question to You Ameppe. Seria A and Seria B licensed in Pes 2020. How looks selling in Itally? Better than in previus years? Pes 2020 compete with other football game in the market?

Someone said it's selling a bit more compared to Pes 2019, on Amazon Italy it's going rather well, it's always one or two spots behind Fifa though. I don't think Pes will ever outsell Fifa in Italy anymore.

Last time Pes sold more than Fifa it was at Pes 5 time. Pes was so popular back then compared to Fifa that Pes demo was bundled with La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

Guys isn't it time we have prize money in Master League? Winning the league, qualifying for champions league and so on.

Guys isn't it time we have prize money in Master League? Winning the league, qualifying for champions league and so on.

Why is that relevant? It not YOUR money it's the owners money. They still are the one that decides your budget. Honestly, after 2 seasons, you should be swimming in cash anyway ;)

Why is that relevant? It not YOUR money it's the owners money. They still are the one that decides your budget. Honestly, after 2 seasons, you should be swimming in cash anyway ;)
Yep I think its time to change the settings to Large budget :)). Its the only way I can afford the classic players:TU:

Someone said it's selling a bit more compared to Pes 2019, on Amazon Italy it's going rather well, it's always one or two spots behind Fifa though. I don't think Pes will ever outsell Fifa in Italy anymore.

Last time Pes sold more than Fifa it was at Pes 5 time. Pes was so popular back then compared to Fifa that Pes demo was bundled with La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

Thank You for answer. It means Pes with more licenses it's not guarantee to win with EA. I always thouht it was a reason. I quess the same situation will happend in UK if Pes has Premier league licenses.

It's not good enough and it needs to be fixed but I can see how the game doesn't judge that as a foul. It doesn't look like any tackle attempt has been made so the game is just viewing it as a collision. Obviously it is a foul but I think to counter so many fouls being given on the demo they've made it so all collisions that don't involve an actual tackle attempt aren't given which results in things like that.
I get the logic, but it's not like that makes it any better or somehow excusable.

You can use super cancel (R1+R2) to sprint directly at the player and very rarely give away fouls as it's not a "tackle". I get away with so many comical ones that are basically rugby tackles. I'd find it funnier if it didn't completely kill the balance of online games...

In the demo people would give you a bit more space and try to time their tackles because fouls existed and free kicks were so deadly...

Nice, saves some kit slots!
Seems a bit silly that they have finite slots/space for kits, forcing you to either have inferior quality (1024) or no kits for some teams, when they can make you download as many of these textures as they want if they are licensed. It's not like storage space needs saving like in the days of PS2 memory cards anyway...

@Negatrev Thanks for posting the vids of the shot fakes a few pages ago, appreciate you taking the time to do so, only just seen them as been busy the last week or so.
Unfortunately my opinion still stands that shot/pass/cross fakes are broken.

Your 3 examples showed only once where you made a yard of space for a shot, the other 2 resulted in fouls.
I'm not on about drawing fouls, I'm on about successfully selling the defender with a shot fake, then burst of direction to go past him, I don't expect it to work every time, but can honestly say it works 0.0003% of the time for me, the player just sticks out a leg reads the feint every time then takes the ball.

Also the physicality/referee logic/collision detection in this game is so broken its ridiculous.
My players are constantly smashed to the floor by the COM, yet they have invisible force fields around them and even 3 of my players aggressively pressuring cant get the ball from a COM player.
Add in to that the piss poor ref decisions, that gives COM fouls all over the pitch, yet GBH on my player is never given.

When the COM handicaps your players, boosts its own, and still can't win, it results to out and out blatant cheating by disabling my control inputs.
As you see in the example below recorded last night, the Villa player plays a raking through ball through the centre of my defence, I switch control to my CB Hilton, who you can clearly see by the blue cursor above him, that I have active control of him, I move to easily intercept the ball, and as I do so, the COM freezes my inputs and makes my player suddenly stop and not take the ball, giving its own player the chance to score an easy goal.

Its crap like this that ruins this game.

@Negatrev Thanks for posting the vids of the shot fakes a few pages ago, appreciate you taking the time to do so, only just seen them as been busy the last week or so.

Your 3 examples showed only once where you made a yard of space for a shot, the other 2 resulted in fouls.
I'm not on about drawing fouls, I'm on about successfully selling the defender with a shot fake, then burst of direction to go past him, I don't expect it to work every time, but can honestly say it works 0.0003% of the time for me, the player just sticks out a leg reads the feint every time then takes the ball.

Again, as I said to another member. This isn't every situation that ever worked, just 3 different situations where it does work. They work about 25% of the time I attempt them. That's about right to me. If it worked every time the game would be far too easy and professional defenders do not fall for every fake attempted. As you play more, you learn when it has a chance of success compared to when you don't. It just sounds like you need to spend more time noting when it does work and to why.

This, I knew would work as he was too far off to block a shot unless he slid (the first fake).
This had a lower chance as I would either get the foul, or if I avoided enough contact, the chance.
The latter happened in this instance. But if you are...

• Too close to the defender
  • both standing
  • not likely to shoot from where you are
  • where a shot would hit the player without them needing to commit
  • controlling a player not good enough to pull it off if it gets physical
...then these greatly reduce your odds of success.

Even when I played this online in the first few days before I had a decent option file, I found humans would attempt shot fakes when I didn't need to commit, so i didn't. It might seem obvious (and apologies if even condescending) but I try shot fakes when I think they would actually work in real life. The general rule of thumb seems to work okay for me.

Due to the physical mechanics of what a shot fake does (it's just one more type of tight turn that shields the ball as you turn) I will also use it to just keep possession in other situations.

PS. The worst thing about your video for me is that the defender wasn't inline with the one nearer the ball. That's a bad line to keep! I don't play that high up the pitch with my defence. But I generally don't ever change to a defender if they need to turn like that (due to the flaw in the game), I just track back with a different player and use shot-press instead to chase the player with the ball.

Last edited:

Also the physicality/referee logic/collision detection in this game is so broken its ridiculous.
My players are constantly smashed to the floor by the COM, yet they have invisible force fields around them and even 3 of my players aggressively pressuring cant get the ball from a COM player.
Add in to that the piss poor ref decisions, that gives COM fouls all over the pitch, yet GBH on my player is never given.

When the COM handicaps your players, boosts its own, and still can't win, it results to out and out blatant cheating by disabling my control inputs.
As you see in the example below recorded last night, the Villa player plays a raking through ball through the centre of my defence, I switch control to my CB Hilton, who you can clearly see by the blue cursor above him, that I have active control of him, I move to easily intercept the ball, and as I do so, the COM freezes my inputs and makes my player suddenly stop and not take the ball, giving its own player the chance to score an easy goal.

Its crap like this that ruins this game.

hopefully it will be fixed in late ocotober patch because this relates to ai resposnisvenss?

Again, as I said to another member. This isn't every situation that ever worked, just 3 different situations where it does work. They work about 25% of the time I attempt them. That's about right to me. If it worked every time the game would be far too easy and professional defenders do not fall for every fake attempted. As you play more, you learn when it has a chance of success compared to when you don't. It just sounds like you need to spend more time noting when it does work and to why.

This, I knew would work as he was too far off to block a shot unless he slid (the first fake).
This had a lower chance as I would either get the foul, or if I avoided enough contact, the chance.
The latter happened in this instance. But if you are...

• Too close to the defender
    both standing
    not likely to shoot from where you are
    where a shot would hit the player without them needing to commit
    controlling a player not good enough to pull it off if it gets physical
...then these greatly reduce your odds of success.

Even when I played this online in the first few days before I had a decent option file, I found humans would attempt shot fakes when I didn't need to commit, so i didn't. It might seem obvious (and apologies if even condescending) but I try shot fakes when I think they would actually work in real life. The general rule of thumb seems to work okay for me.

Due to the physical mechanics of what a shot fake does (it's just one more type of tight turn that shields the ball as you turn. I will also use it to just keep possession in other situations.

PS. The worst thing about your video for me is that the defender wasn't inline with the one nearer the ball. That's a bad line to keep! I don't play that high up the pitch with my defence. But I generally don't ever change to a defender if they need to turn like that (due to the flaw in the game), I just track back with a different player and use shot-press instead to chase the player with the ball.

Appreciate the comments, I have just never ever seen a shot fake work in MY game, I will carry on trying and apply the advice you gave and see if it helps.

As for the video i posted showing the COM take control away from my defender - This is inexcusable in any and every way.
I was running in a straight line, I just had to run a further 5 yards in a straight line to intercept, the COM froze my player on the spot, allowing its own player to receive the ball.
There is no excuse for this, its simple blatant cheating/pre determined outcome and manipulating the mechanics to fit the coded outcome.

Its horrible.

Do any of you know what the standard camera settings for the upcoming UEFA eEURO 2020 tournament will be??

I want to practice for it but I need to be sure that i'm using the right camera.

I guess it's the new default camera (stadium) but I hope not because I really don't like it :/

I noticed last night that I had been playing the new patch on the wrong HDMI source input. For some reason it made the game play a bit different. The ball felt a bit weightless and players lighter. The sound of the ball was a deeper thump also. My tv automatically started the PS4 on this source input. Well, I switched the source input to the correct one with the same color settings and I am now enjoying this new patch. Non-stop random action in this game. So much fun. Ball is more free, as well as player control and responsiveness. Even the sound is better. It really plays almost exactly like the demo. Wow!

Can't figure out why the other source HDMI input running on 4K made it feel so different.

Appreciate the comments, I have just never ever seen a shot fake work in MY game, I will carry on trying and apply the advice you gave and see if it helps.

As for the video i posted showing the COM take control away from my defender - This is inexcusable in any and every way.
I was running in a straight line, I just had to run a further 5 yards in a straight line to intercept, the COM froze my player on the spot, allowing its own player to receive the ball.
There is no excuse for this, its simple blatant cheating/pre determined outcome and manipulating the mechanics to fit the coded outcome.

Its horrible.

It absolutely is ridiculous. I was just sharing the 'work-around' I apply to avoid the situation being too critical.

I noticed last night that I had been playing the new patch on the wrong HDMI source input. For some reason it made the game play a bit different. The ball felt a bit weightless and players lighter. The sound of the ball was a deeper thump also. My tv automatically started the PS4 on this source input. Well, I switched the source input to the correct one with the same color settings and I am now enjoying this new patch. Non-stop random action in this game. So much fun. Ball is more free, as well as player control and responsiveness. Even the sound is better. It really plays almost exactly like the demo. Wow!

Can't figure out why the other source HDMI input running on 4K made it feel so different.

Lots of TV settings do extra post-processing on the input source which affects the refresh delay. Usually they have a game mode which mostly turns off all those things. You were likely mainly noticing the delay between you doing something on the controller and it happening on-screen.

Lots of TV settings do extra post-processing on the input source which affects the refresh delay. Usually they have a game mode which mostly turns off all those things. You were likely mainly noticing the delay between you doing something on the controller and it happening on-screen.

I see that. It makes a huge difference on games. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the GK vs attackers collisions are reported to KONAMI yet? Because there is no catch up code this year the 1on1s are quite frequent and it's always so tempting to dribble the GK. How can some things like this pass QA is beyond me.

Does anyone notice that towards the end of a game when your players are shattered you bring on a couple of subs and it seems to lift the team. Also when I was 1 nil down and missed a penalty it seemed to turn the game towards the AI

One thing that does bug me about the game and I know this may sound a bit trivial but what is it with the sound effects of the refs whistle. It sounds like bloody sensible soccer form the mega drive era.

Surely the developers can find a more suitable and realistic sound for the refs whistle or is it just me.

I'm thinking cranking up the difficulty to SS from TP in my Leicester ML. I'm having great fun, currently sitting in 4th place after 23 games but started to win easily lately as the team spirit sits now on 92!
Especially against the big 6 since I go up 1-0 I'm hitting them in the counter with Madisson, Vardy and the rest of midfielders and wingers making great moves.
After so many games I have yet to encounter any scripting by the cpu AI.

One thing that does bug me about the game and I know this may sound a bit trivial but what is it with the sound effects of the refs whistle. It sounds like bloody sensible soccer form the mega drive era.

Surely the developers can find a more suitable and realistic sound for the refs whistle or is it just me.
Agreed, I'm on PC and went digging around the files to change them... Made a small tweak here;

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/p...ts-232-256-336-444.80636/page-13#post-3447270

There were 6 sets of different referee whistle sounds in the game files - not sure if or why these would be rotated in the game (meant to be different referees?)... But yeah, some of them sounded terrible so I just replaced them all with one of the sets that sounded better.

Back
Top Bottom