eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Really? In 1.0 I scored many types of header, diving, powerful, flick. Since the patch every header balloons off my man over the bar like the older Pes of 18 & 19.
I'm talking about 1.2 version..didnt find crossing to be so useful as in previous Pes games but now I have a feeling that it's better in 1.3..I usually play with attacking fullbacks and centring targets but I've changed it to wing rotations and false 9..much better movement from my players generally now.

Do any of you know what the standard camera settings for the upcoming UEFA eEURO 2020 tournament will be??

I want to practice for it but I need to be sure that i'm using the right camera.

I guess it's the new default camera (stadium) but I hope not because I really don't like it :/

Nobody knows??

One more thing I havent seen anyone mentioning is the transfer list in ML. If you look at the players put on transfer list, there are plenty of great players there, like Kane etc..big names. But when you start a negotiation it says that he's a valuable player, it will be tough like it usually says..so I think it's definitely a bug. Anyway it was something I noticed but I think they've just got there by mistake..

I don't know if it's a 'thing' but if the player was listed because they are unhappy, the club might still want over the asking price. What are the players pink bar at (I can't remember the name of the status, but it's how happy they are with their club).

Besides that, I've only bought players mentioned by the scouts. Those usually are happy to sell, but occasionally they will required a little bit of extra cash.

Just a guess... it will be a standard cam, so stadium. Why would they change that? They rely on online and all that buzz... so that to safe, imo.
Again, just from the guts...
Stadium Cam is one of their most significant features this year, plus it makes watching the games more enjoyable. So I'd say its a safe bet.

Stadium Cam is one of their most significant features this year, plus it makes watching the games more enjoyable. So I'd say its a safe bet.

I'm afraid you're right. It's more enjoyable to watch but in my opinion it's worse to play with, but it's problably just a matter of getting use to.

I was wrong. I did not meant the new stadium cam! I meant the regular wide cam! Stupid me. ;)
I say, they stick with what it’s known to users.

A question to people who use manual passing: how is your experience with the game so far?

I loved the demo, spent 45+ hours on it, scored amazing goals that had variety to them...now i‘m just getting angry whenever i play...i’m in my 4th master league season and i don’t think i’ve scored a single memorable goal....somehow they always look very similiar....the good gameplay foundation is there but it‘s plagued by so many little niggles which disturb the flow of my attacking game, at least that‘s how i feel.

I sincerely hope that i’m just not good enough, because that would mean that there is hope for me to enjoy this game at one point, i‘d just have to get a lot better...

In attack i feel one thing: limited.

Player making runs often just do an unnecessary „movement adjustment“ that makes them lose momentum which in turn makes the defender usually gain the edge over them...players making runs also often „anticipate falsely“ meaning just because the ball will strive off a defender, they will often react INSTANTLY and change their running direction super quickly (which is rather unnatural) which again makes them lose all momentum and give the defender the advantage.

Pulling off perfect through balls is very hard, but not impossible...however i feel like the AI-defense often just adjusts way too fast for me to place a good pass, at least when the opponents team is playing defensively...i get it, it‘s supposed to be hard to penetrate that, however, right now i feel like it‘s actually impossible from a technical stand point, like as if all the variables in the game would not allow certain moments/chances to occur...it‘s hard to explain but i feel just so helpess and reatrained in the last third of the pitch.

Again, this might all be due to a lack of skill so please, if you have any good advice or some cool videos of some nice manual passes leading to goals feel free to prove me wrong...

I’ll move on, everything feels so clunky, there is no variety inside the penalty box for me, i can tell that my player will get shrugged off the ball/stumble into someone before it even happens...maybe my players are not good enough but even when playing as the netherlands with 85 rated Depay and 84 rated Robben they will be clunky, sluggish and unresponsive...dribbling i feel is possible but very very very hard to pull oft...sorry but the AI just so often knows instantly where to stick the foot...i feel cheated.

Oh and don‘t let me get started on loose-ball awaraness and fouls - both things are utterly broken and alongside the things i mentioned they just contribute to a huge disturbance of the flow of the game. Worst of all is i haven‘t seen konami even addressing the fouling issue.

Another thing is speed...there is not an actual catch up bug (when you double tap sprint with a fast player you‘ll get past slower players) but nonetheless i feel like even „slower“ defenders are often chasing me too fast when i keep the sprint-button pressed - they stay so close to me at all times that the only option i have is to keep sprinting - a sudden R3 dribble usually wouldn’t work as the defender will read my input instantly and just fuck me over.

How is your experience with manual? Please feel free to show me any highlights that you recorded.
And sorry again, this wasn‘t supposed to be a rant...it‘s just the same story every year - the demo usually is the most fun i have but once the game‘s out i‘m confident about it and it takes me weeks to accept the fact that i‘m not enjoying myself but actually getting frustrated most of the time...

Get the disc and play it FUMA my friend, Its a different world. Me and my buddy play alot and I played some 1.3 with him so I could try out the new classic teams from Pes Universe and all I can say is Meh.Your so limited in creativity and the players just feel like the mountain from game of thrones.

Disc 1.0 is the best football game ever for me in terms of creativity and general fun, and if Konami read these forums they need to put down there ego and start from scratch because Im sure alot of us arent spending money on My club because its garbage football (still better than fifa). I dont know if anyone else feels like this but on 1.3 the pitch feels really tiny like you have no space whatsoever, In 1.0 the pitch feels huge and you have time and space to create things and to dribble.

Can anyone pass me a bit of advice please?

I've moved over to PES from FIFA and love the game. I can't go back, however not really understanding the game plan mechanics and without a guide I'm finding myself at a bit of a disadvantage.

I've started a master league season with Brasilian serie B team Coritiba. The squad and league are completely unknown to me but rather than set the transfer market to off, I've left it on (I enjoy to bring a couple of new faces in) but gave myself a couple of rules. I can only sign from South America and cannot sign anyone with an OVR higher than my highest initial squad players OVR (In this case 72). This allowed the fun of a couple of negotiations whilst bolstering a couple of weak areas.

I've set up to play on top player and 20 minute games. Wow, just wow. What a game.

I lost my first to cup legs (Against a serie A team) 1-0 on both occasions. My first three league games I drew 0-0, lost 1-0 and lost 1-0 again. In all games including the cup, I held my own, controlled the game, didn't really create many (Any) real chances (Although one was cleared off the line, too slow) and the games I lost where down to one mistake losing a man and the chance was there for them which they took.

Other than that, great game. Love it despite not really creating opportunities and chances. It makes me laugh to consider the potential ridiculous score if I had been playing Fifa on a high difficulty for 20 minutes. This is just pure footballing brilliance. Despite my weakness to create, I love every minute trying to make possession work and stopping the opposition. Loving it.

So, what have I noticed.

As mentioned earlier I have no idea of how the game plan works, I use it only to position my players and set my formation. I understand support levels and the sliders etc, it's the advanced instruction and what else you can do that I don't play around with.

So in the games, I've noticed that my passes are intercepted a lot. A lot more than I intercept and also, when I pass a ball to a player the opposition is straight on me. My support level is 5 but my players appear to be more apart then I expected.

When I pass, they have a player on me as soon as I receive the ball going in the tackle. When they pass, my players are quite a distance from their man in possession. How do I mark tighter than I am now. I can see tight marking as an advance instruction but from what I can tell this only appears to allow one person to do this, they tightly mark most if not all my players?

Because of this, when I pass to my CF he's tackled on receipt stopping a shot so if I look to through a through ball instead to him or wingers I'm struggling with this also as my players run into their defenders.

Thanks for any advice
Mike

Can anyone pass me a bit of advice please?

I've moved over to PES from FIFA and love the game. I can't go back, however not really understanding the game plan mechanics and without a guide I'm finding myself at a bit of a disadvantage.

I've started a master league season with Brasilian serie B team Coritiba. The squad and league are completely unknown to me but rather than set the transfer market to off, I've left it on (I enjoy to bring a couple of new faces in) but gave myself a couple of rules. I can only sign from South America and cannot sign anyone with an OVR higher than my highest initial squad players OVR (In this case 72). This allowed the fun of a couple of negotiations whilst bolstering a couple of weak areas.

I've set up to play on top player and 20 minute games. Wow, just wow. What a game.

I lost my first to cup legs (Against a serie A team) 1-0 on both occasions. My first three league games I drew 0-0, lost 1-0 and lost 1-0 again. In all games including the cup, I held my own, controlled the game, didn't really create many (Any) real chances (Although one was cleared off the line, too slow) and the games I lost where down to one mistake losing a man and the chance was there for them which they took.

Other than that, great game. Love it despite not really creating opportunities and chances. It makes me laugh to consider the potential ridiculous score if I had been playing Fifa on a high difficulty for 20 minutes. This is just pure footballing brilliance. Despite my weakness to create, I love every minute trying to make possession work and stopping the opposition. Loving it.

So, what have I noticed.

As mentioned earlier I have no idea of how the game plan works, I use it only to position my players and set my formation. I understand support levels and the sliders etc, it's the advanced instruction and what else you can do that I don't play around with.

So in the games, I've noticed that my passes are intercepted a lot. A lot more than I intercept and also, when I pass a ball to a player the opposition is straight on me. My support level is 5 but my players appear to be more apart then I expected.

When I pass, they have a player on me as soon as I receive the ball going in the tackle. When they pass, my players are quite a distance from their man in possession. How do I mark tighter than I am now. I can see tight marking as an advance instruction but from what I can tell this only appears to allow one person to do this, they tightly mark most if not all my players?

Because of this, when I pass to my CF he's tackled on receipt stopping a shot so if I look to through a through ball instead to him or wingers I'm struggling with this also as my players run into their defenders.

Thanks for any advice
Mike

Others certainly play with tactics more than me. However, support level gauge isn't increase it to have more support. It's support RANGE. So the higher the value, the more players will move to distance themselves from you when you have the ball. For defence, you have options for defensive line (the higher it is, the closer your entire team will be to the opposition when you don't have the ball as you compress the area of the pitch that can be player on, but leave yourself open to balls in behind your defence for players to run on to). You have defensive style all out defence (not as extreme as it sounds, but it's more about standing off the opposition and attempt to prevent passing options through you, so they have to dribble more) or pressing of some sort, the name escapes me (this is more about preventing running with the ball and forces the opposition to pass more).

If you go in to the tactical options and press 'SELECT' (PS controller, not sure what it is on Xbox) you should get an 'okay' description of the options you have to choose from.

Why in a football game in 2019 are we restricted to sliders for value of transfer fee and wages. Its absolutely ridiculous. This hour by hour transfer window is an absolute disrgace as well.

The game itself is superb but its all the little things that are frustrating. Shite use of licensing, no atmosphere, ML (its improved but those cutscenes are pointless), transfer negotiations, players being totally unaware fo the ball. As i say its still enjoyable but the small things could build to make it unbeatable.

Spent a night with PES Universe Classic Option files... F**K me it was like jumping back into a time machine! When playing as these teams it really captures the old school PES way more than the current teams in game. Fun levels get ramped up x3 which leads to wonder would PES be better going back to a more simpler more fun gameplay rather than trying to strive mostly for realism.

Anyone else tried this option file? Only problem i had with it is the stadiums we cannot pick the stadiums in game and are locked to 16-18 stadiums that are for the Japanese league. Any way round this?

I’m not sure if this is a new issue in ML but I’ve got Leeds promoted into the Premier League but can’t attract players from “lesser leagues” eg negotiations broke down as being compared to a club like Genoa/Parma/Watford/Rangers etc sure threw a spanner in the works. Surely a team playing in the English top division should be able to attract players from most leagues?

Hello Team,
i just wanted to ask if its "worth it" to buy the game by now ?
I absolutely loved the demo, but got put off by the bad reviews once the 1.0 hit.
I played lots of PES 19 (i cant go back to fifa anymore lol) with incas gameplay mods and the PES Universe option files.
I only play master league. The most important thing to me is if the scripting is still as bad in that, and if the gameplay is nearly as good as the demo. I think i could get it for around 30€.
How are the option files ? i saw there is a sider variant now, which seems pretty good and easy to install.
Thanks in advance, Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

I’m not sure if this is a new issue in ML but I’ve got Leeds promoted into the Premier League but can’t attract players from “lesser leagues” eg negotiations broke down as being compared to a club like Genoa/Parma/Watford/Rangers etc sure threw a spanner in the works. Surely a team playing in the English top division should be able to attract players from most leagues?
You probably need to give them much more money than market value, like in real life - there is what I call the "English surcharge", they are almost always forced to overpay.

btw, did you get the huge tv money added to your budget when you went up? Or did they just leave your budget the same?

Last edited:
Having good fun with this 1.3 version. Seems a bit more loose and random than 1.2. ML games are varied i will say that. Some tight games then i won one 5-0. Then struggle to score for a few games.
Is it just me or is it so much harder playing at Home in ML than Away? Only 2 home wins , 6 away wins!

Back
Top Bottom