eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I don't know if it's a 'thing' but if the player was listed because they are unhappy, the club might still want over the asking price. What are the players pink bar at (I can't remember the name of the status, but it's how happy they are with their club).

Besides that, I've only bought players mentioned by the scouts. Those usually are happy to sell, but occasionally they will required a little bit of extra cash.
Don't quite understand what u mean, but there are no bars anymore like before..I definitely think it's a bug cause there are several crucial players listed there but as long as you cannot buy them for cheap, it's okay. Haven't really bought anyone using the scout in my 1st season (I'm on my 2nd season) but through them you get players much cheaper and the succes rate for completing the transfer is big. I'm playing with transfers put on hard.

Don't quite understand what u mean, but there are no bars anymore like before..I definitely think it's a bug cause there are several crucial players listed there but as long as you cannot buy them for cheap, it's okay. Haven't really bought anyone using the scout in my 1st season (I'm on my 2nd season) but through them you get players much cheaper and the succes rate for completing the transfer is big. I'm playing with transfers put on hard.

Not the willingness to sign bar (the blue one) there's a a pink one that shows how satisfied they are at their current club.

Perfect demonstration of the AI "turn/shot" goal issue. Sick of seeing these.

I've tweeted this, would be good to get people voting, liking and retweeting...!

To play devil's advocate here, but what do you think is unrealistic about the goals? I've certainly seen these scored before IRL

To play devil's advocate here, but what do you think is unrealistic about the goals? I've certainly seen these scored before IRL
As always, it's not a question of "you never see this goal in real life"... It's a question of "you don't see this goal scored SO OFTEN in real life".

I honestly don't think it would be much of an exaggeration to say that 80% of the goals I concede against the AI are this goal. No matter my defence prep and/or marking settings.

My last video showed my own defender being moved away from the striker by the AI to facilitate a turn/shot goal...

THAT'S what's unrealistic.

the problem is the majority of the goals from the AI are identical like this, and it's very very difficult to prevent even with good defensive movement and positioning. the shots are then laser guided into the corner.

As always, it's not a question of "you never see this goal in real life"... It's a question of "you don't see this goal scored SO OFTEN in real life".

I honestly don't think it would be much of an exaggeration to say that 80% of the goals I concede against the AI are this goal. No matter my defence prep and/or marking settings.

My last video showed my own defender being moved away from the striker by the AI to facilitate this goal...

THAT'S what's unrealistic.

You say 'no matter my defence prep and/or marking settings'. However, I don't concede from these goals at all. Be it my tactics, the difficultly level I play or what I do to defend, I don't know. So clearly something CAN be done differently to prevent them. The AI mostly scores from headers, longer range shots or breakaways (usually when I'm chasing the game) with me.

I've played on Manual Passing, Pro/TP in the ML for 5 (and a bit) seasons. In a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow formation.

Efootball Pes 2020 is now discounted on psn store. Deal of the week, 40euro. Interesting, so now there's a chance for all of you who were on a fence. It's right time to jump in :)
32.50 on shop to

40 euros is good as means dont have to keep putting disc in, is that for uk store too? so around 35?

32.50 on shop to

40 euros is good as means dont have to keep putting disc in, is that for uk store too? so around 35?
Yeah,I'm in Sweden so that's the price..but yes, on UK store it's 32.15£..just checked. 33% off and Legend edition is 38% off.

No chance on vanilla gameplay either. But that’s up to users themselves.
It’s crazy how fast it went down to 40 euro. For the hours I put in so far and what fun I had, it’s worth full price.
Yes, I was suprised..seems a bit too early but I guess they want to boost their sales, especially digitally, My assumption is that the majority buys physicall copy.

Yeah,I'm in Sweden so that's the price..but yes, on UK store it's 32.15£..just checked. 33% off and Legend edition is 38% off.
thanks i will prob get online version as i play pes all year round usually alongside rainbow six siege so it can be annoying to keep replacing discs

that said do you need to be online at all times to play games downloaded from PS store?

Superstar can do one.

This new-wave scripting, or whatever you want to call it is driving me mad. Played a game against Liverpool, well I might has we’ll have skipped the game. I was never going to get a result, even after scoring an equaliser.

Liverpool players’ toes nicking it off my players (which I, the player, can’t do).

My players smashed all over the place foul free (which I, the player, can’t do).

Oh, my and my new pet hate, the fact that the AI is constantly alive to loose balls (which my players are not). I’ve lost count of how many goals I’ve conceded because the ball pinballs around in the box and my players just stand there while the AI is always active.

Oh, and this…

Oh, and this…

I think that this has nothing to do with scripting.
It's more about the broken game logic that whoever touches the ball first before a foul contact is considered to have the possession of the ball... which makes the opposing side being called for the foul.

Last edited:
thanks i will prob get online version as i play pes all year round usually alongside rainbow six siege so it can be annoying to keep replacing discs

that said do you need to be online at all times to play games downloaded from PS store?
Ok, then it's a good choice I guess..
No you don't have to be online all the time, of course, if you only play offline then it's fine. But to receive the updates etc you must be..

the problem is the majority of the goals from the AI are identical like this, and it's very very difficult to prevent even with good defensive movement and positioning. the shots are then laser guided into the corner.

I understand everyone has their own experiences but honestly I very rarely concede goals from it. As in pretty much never. The player never gets the time or space to do it and most of the time I simply double pressure or just genuinely get in front of them. If I know they try to roll me I super cancel away and anticipate the direction they turn and block the shot or they turn back and pass back.

You say 'no matter my defence prep and/or marking settings'. However, I don't concede from these goals at all. Be it my tactics, the difficultly level I play or what I do to defend, I don't know. So clearly something CAN be done differently to prevent them. The AI mostly scores from headers, longer range shots or breakaways (usually when I'm chasing the game) with me.

I've played on Manual Passing, Pro/TP in the ML for 5 (and a bit) seasons. In a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow formation.

Yeah exactly I genuinely don't concede from them and find it really easy to defend. Most times simply double pressing with another defender is enough to win the ball so theres no where to turn. Other times I super cancel out and just get to the ball before them.

Efootball Pes 2020 is now discounted on psn store. Deal of the week, 40euro. Interesting, so now there's a chance for all of you who were on a fence. It's right time to jump in :)
I’d seriously wait until it’s 20 Euro (if that happens) or pick it up from eBay.

This game isn’t worth 40 Euro, or even 30 Euro. I’m already bored with it.

I’ve tried and tried to get enjoyment out of this. I’ve tried using different teams, different camera types, changed difficulties, tried online, tried myClub, tried offline...

The game is so fundamentally flawed and archaic now. I firmly believe that the only people who love PES 2020 are the people that still enjoy the PS1/PS2 era of footballing gaming. Everything in this game feels, looks and sounds dated. Like I’m playing a game on the PS2.

The terrible colour palettes, the severe lack of content, the horrible repeated, stupid commentary, the boring, lifeless AI, the insta-goals by just tapping shoot and seeing the ball fly in like a rocket, the complete lack of fouls and penalties, the shallow, soulless Master League with it’s completely pointless press conferences, the lack of stadiums, the yellow pitches, the laughable sound the ref’s whistle makes, the turgid, stiffness of it all, the 90s menus, the complete pointless feeling to it all...yeah, it’s PES again and how PES has been for years now.

Scoring a goal should feel rewarding, satisfying, exciting. It doesn’t in PES and hasn’t for years and years now. I’ve already scored 3 goals with my right back (Kyle Walker-Peters) and two goals with my left back (Danny Rose) and I’m not even halfway through a ML season with Spurs. My point being that my right back is as good a finisher as Harry Kane. Stats still don’t really matter in the Arcade Evolution Soccer series. Body shape means nothing really if you’re in front of goal, just tap shoot and watch it rocket in like a laser guided missile steered by NASA.

Add the AWFUL atmosphere to the mix, and the most laughable tactics implemented by the AI (what’s with the huge gaps between midfield and defence?! I can still WALK the ball up the pitch and no player challenges me) and we’ve got, yet again, a Konami Cartoon Football Game.

What about online? Well everyone takes their awful myclub teams on co-op so forget 2v2 unless you love playing against Ronaldo and Salah every game. And Online Divisions is an arcadey, hold pressure, sh*t-fest.

So there we have it. I’m done with the game (for real this time, and I know I flip flop like a massive flip flopper but ice taken time away from here and played both games to death now) and it’s not even mid October. Well done Konami. Why do I do this every single year? Why do I fall for the “King is back” tweets and initial hype?! I have football gaming OCD, I swear. But this game isn’t very good, that’s the bottom line. It looks and plays like a game from 2001, not 2019.

And they still charge £40 for this abomination in my local stores.

You probably need to give them much more money than market value, like in real life - there is what I call the "English surcharge", they are almost always forced to overpay.

btw, did you get the huge tv money added to your budget when you went up? Or did they just leave your budget the same?

my transfer fund was increased to £4M Same for my second season in the Prem. What the fuck am I going to do with £4M!?
To be fair, I’m trading high value youth players to help but the salary budget is a bit of a killer

There’s nothing wrong with the goals themselves but it’s the frequency of these attempts which is unrealistic. Almost every attack the A.I have against me ends in the ball being played into the CF who turns and hits a shot into the corner.

I have the standard disc version, if I bought the digital legends edition what would happen with my current save and state of play?

For example, when I installed my standard version I entered the code to give me an agent and contracts every week for 10 weeks and also Ronaldinho on loan.

If I bought the legends digital, would I keep my current team, these bonuses and also the bonuses given with the digital edition (Agent and contracts for 30 weeks, legend player and non loan Ronaldinho)?

Also, I have installed the option file in current game save

There’s nothing wrong with the goals themselves but it’s the frequency of these attempts which is unrealistic. Almost every attack the A.I have against me ends in the ball being played into the CF who turns and hits a shot into the corner.

I want to avoid sounding condescending here. But it might be worth watching your team play a couple of games without you controlling the players, maybe you'll see how the AI defends against this? I've tried to share the basics of how I play that means this doesn't happen, but it's really hard to batten this down. It might simply be you're playing on a higher difficulty than me :ANGEL:

Any of u using advanced through balls? I am a fuma guy but i want to try that.. my players dont react to through balls accurately maybe advanced through balls be more effective than the basic ones?

My experience regarding this (Superstar mainly) is quite the same. I don't remember the AI scoring that way to be honest. They have done it and shoot, but no goal. The goals I concede are basically those he says but long range shots (And I do concede free kick goals a lot).

Not free as demo... but surely better than 1.2 .. i hope 1.4 will be somerhing between 1.0 and 1.3 .. just a perfect balance

I agree with this. I’m actually really liking 1.3, it’s a step in the right direction.

There’s demo elements to 1.3. I had an awesome manual through ball that the AI defender completely misread the spin allowing for a clean break to goal.

I’m optimistic for 1.4. The feedback has been tremendous, they admitted it and hopefully by end of October we have something incredible.

Back
Top Bottom