eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Who said my game is without issues?
See, the problem is that you seem to have answer for everything. Dont remember one instance, where you would agree with someone saying - 'yes. Its a issue and needs sorting'.
When you push all responsibility on people and the way they are playing the game - at some point you will simply lose credibility.
Its good to have advices for people, but there are times where you (and others, its not only you) should agree that this is, indeed, an issue.
Whether its a frequency of something happening, or the extreme measures that we need to apply to combat things.
With Turn-and-Shoot goals - yes, you can combat them. But users should not have to use supercancel and double pressure to eliminate a frequent threat. Supercancel is an optional tool that you can/should use if you want to bring your game to another, advanced level. Not to frequently block AI attacks. Your player should position himself for you, not slide away on rails or turn his back.
Also - AI goals should be random enough that nothing is standing out. We should not notice increased frequency of certain goals, as it suggest poor programming.
Same as free kick goals, which are way too easy to score - turn-and-shoot goals are simply happening more than they should.

See, the problem is that you seem to have answer for everything. Dont remember one instance, where you would agree with someone saying - 'yes. Its a issue and needs sorting'.
When you push all responsibility on people and the way they are playing the game - at some point you will simply lose credibility.
Its good to have advices for people, but there are times where you (and others, its not only you) should agree that this is, indeed, an issue.
Whether its a frequency of something happening, or the extreme measures that we need to apply to combat things.
With Turn-and-Shoot goals - yes, you can combat them. But users should not have to use supercancel and double pressure to eliminate a frequent threat. Supercancel is an optional tool that you can/should use if you want to bring your game to another, advanced level. Not to frequently block AI attacks. Your player should position himself for you, not slide away on rails or turn his back.
Also - AI goals should be random enough that nothing is standing out. We should not notice increased frequency of certain goals, as it suggest poor programming.
Same as free kick goals, which are way too easy to score - turn-and-shoot goals are simply happening more than they should.

Not once have I said "It's you fault for how you are playing" that's how you are choosing to hear it. I've literally stated the issues I see with the game (like free-kicks for example). But if someone is suffering an issue I'm not, I'll see if my experience can help them enjoy the game more. What's more helpful, sharing an experience that might mean someone can enjoy the game more, or someone else just saying "yeah, it's annoying"?

Not once have I said "It's you fault for how you are playing" that's how you are choosing to hear it.
If you say "it NEVER happens to me" that clearly suggest that you are putting responsibility on people and how they are playing the game. You are basically stating that this issue is non existent.
Yet so far - over 70% of people voted that it is, indeed, an issue.

If you say "it NEVER happens to me" that clearly suggest that you are putting responsibility on people and how they are playing the game. You are basically stating that this issue is non existent.
now hes saying its how YOU CHOOSE to hear it lol

There is a huge difference between saying

"It's clearly not a problem as it's not happening to me."

and what I actually said.

Someone said 'no matter my defence prep and/or marking settings' so I shared that it wasn't happening to me. I also shared what settings and defensive settings I was using, in case that might help.

That isn't saying it's not a problem, it's trying to identify why I don't have that problem. If you want to take it as a personal insult to you then fine. But I'm afraid that's not what is happening. Don't be so defensive and understand people sometime don't want to be mean on the internet and just want to help if they can.

I’d seriously wait until it’s 20 Euro (if that happens) or pick it up from eBay.

This game isn’t worth 40 Euro, or even 30 Euro. I’m already bored with it.

I’ve tried and tried to get enjoyment out of this. I’ve tried using different teams, different camera types, changed difficulties, tried online, tried myClub, tried offline...

The game is so fundamentally flawed and archaic now. I firmly believe that the only people who love PES 2020 are the people that still enjoy the PS1/PS2 era of footballing gaming. Everything in this game feels, looks and sounds dated. Like I’m playing a game on the PS2.

The terrible colour palettes, the severe lack of content, the horrible repeated, stupid commentary, the boring, lifeless AI, the insta-goals by just tapping shoot and seeing the ball fly in like a rocket, the complete lack of fouls and penalties, the shallow, soulless Master League with it’s completely pointless press conferences, the lack of stadiums, the yellow pitches, the laughable sound the ref’s whistle makes, the turgid, stiffness of it all, the 90s menus, the complete pointless feeling to it all...yeah, it’s PES again and how PES has been for years now.

Scoring a goal should feel rewarding, satisfying, exciting. It doesn’t in PES and hasn’t for years and years now. I’ve already scored 3 goals with my right back (Kyle Walker-Peters) and two goals with my left back (Danny Rose) and I’m not even halfway through a ML season with Spurs. My point being that my right back is as good a finisher as Harry Kane. Stats still don’t really matter in the Arcade Evolution Soccer series. Body shape means nothing really if you’re in front of goal, just tap shoot and watch it rocket in like a laser guided missile steered by NASA.

Add the AWFUL atmosphere to the mix, and the most laughable tactics implemented by the AI (what’s with the huge gaps between midfield and defence?! I can still WALK the ball up the pitch and no player challenges me) and we’ve got, yet again, a Konami Cartoon Football Game.

What about online? Well everyone takes their awful myclub teams on co-op so forget 2v2 unless you love playing against Ronaldo and Salah every game. And Online Divisions is an arcadey, hold pressure, sh*t-fest.

So there we have it. I’m done with the game (for real this time, and I know I flip flop like a massive flip flopper but ice taken time away from here and played both games to death now) and it’s not even mid October. Well done Konami. Why do I do this every single year? Why do I fall for the “King is back” tweets and initial hype?! I have football gaming OCD, I swear. But this game isn’t very good, that’s the bottom line. It looks and plays like a game from 2001, not 2019.

And they still charge £40 for this abomination in my local stores.
I agree with almost everything you say, but still manage to find a bit of enjoyment out of it simply because the manual passing feels pretty good.

However terrible the rest of the game is, it's still satisfying to spot an opportunity and pull off a perfect long ball or cross when the physics on them can look so realistic. No other game offers the same satisfaction from hitting these passes and it feeling so natural because the ball behaves convincingly.

Even so, the "physics" are not especially complex or varied, it's canned ball spins/trajectories with no proper collision physics except for blocks/deflections. At least most of the time the ball physics look good, even if the mechanics behind them are very dated.

With PC mods to improve the atmosphere/visuals, and custom tactics applied to all the teams you'll be playing against, it's not bad overall and still has occasional great moments... Football games in general though are nowhere near where I'd expect them to be in 2019.

Don't be so defensive and understand people sometime don't want to be mean on the internet and just want to help if they can.
Im not being defensive. Where did you get that from? All Im saying is that there is nothing wrong in admitting that it is an issue, BUT you see bare minimum of these goals if you play X,Y,Z.
People probably would be more happy to take your advices to heart then.

It doesnt help when you state that these goals are NEVER happening to you (which I call Bullshit) and it also doesnt result in improving the game. Coz if the issue is highlighted than they can have a look into it and try to fix it.

Same was with the fouls during the demo. I could and I did combat them. I learned how to defend and I loved defending in the demo.I didnt want them to change anything, coz i knew they will go too far. Having said that - there were stupid collision fouls and some referee decisions needed tweaking and I spoke out loud about them.

Im not being defensive. Where did you get that from? All Im saying is that there is nothing wrong in admitting that it is an issue, BUT you see bare minimum of these goals if you play X,Y,Z.

It doesnt help when you state that these goals are NEVER happening to you (which I call Bullshit) and it also doesnt result in improving the game. Coz if the issue is highlighted than they can have a look into it and try to fix it.

Same was with the fouls during the demo. I could and I did combat them. I learned how to defend and I loved defending in the demo.I didnt want them to change anything, coz i knew they will go too far. Having said that - there were stupid collision fouls and some referee decisions needed tweaking and I spoke out loud about them.

You see I did the former and not the latter. I don't see these goals so I'm afraid I can't know what I do differently, so I literally shared what I was playing with. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but that is your problem not mine. I've literally no reason to lie and had nothing to gain from sharing my help, it's simply to help others if it can. If you prefer to take this as in some way mocking people who have the issue or even defending the game (which again, I have no reason to do), then you are being defensive.
I'll continue to answer questions I can and try to help if possible. I'm sorry if my positive attitude disturbs your chosen misery...

Friend is coming over tonight, we‘ll play a coop-tournament with bayern on semi-manual controlls (manual passing, adv. shootingg)...however we‘ll be playing version 1.0.

I really really hope this brings back the joy from the demo, after all i‘ve heard many people praise version 1.0.

Honestly 1.3 imo was a step in the right direction, more responsive and more randomness...but still, i feel like i‘m just so limited in creating chances with manual passing.

Wish me luck

You see I did the former and not the latter. I don't see these goals so I'm afraid I can't know what I do differently, so I literally shared what I was playing with. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but that is your problem not mine. I've literally no reason to lie and had nothing to gain from sharing my help, it's simply to help others if it can. If you prefer to take this as in some way mocking people who have the issue or even defending the game (which again, I have no reason to do), then you are being defensive.
I'll continue to answer questions I can and try to help if possible. I'm sorry if my positive attitude disturbs your chosen misery...

Come on man, don't be so Negatrev....

I'm not even going to bother requesting it on their Facebook as they won't do it but ML would improve by a tonne if they patched out team spirit nonsense. I've had some decent games on ML but been playing some normal exhibition games recently and they are miles better.

I honestly don't think team spirit is a bad idea on paper, it's just woefully implemented and should be scrapped until they can do it properly.

But isn't superstar the kind of level that you should be using advanced tools like supercancel?

Isn't that the point of mastering a game? You shouldn't be able to play on the hardest level of any game if you don't learn advanced techniques.

But isn't superstar the kind of level that you should be using advanced tools like supercancel?
You probably should..
Im on full manual - professional/Top player.
:LOL:
Edit:
My last post, where I stated my opinion about the game said that im enjoying it very much post patch. So someone coming here telling me to stay in my misery is simply pissing at the wrong tree.
I can combat turn-and-shoot goals to a point and it doesnt spoil my joy as much. Having said that - this method of scoring goals is standing out from others and is prefered AI method.
Which, looking at the result of the survey, is being noticed by most people.
Which, as a result, limits the game in terms of unpredictability and fun against AI.

I also have no problem with using super cancel. I use it regularly. But super cancel should be used to gain advantage in fights for air balls, or cut run paths to get to the ball quicker. Not to combat poor positioning of our players. Not to wake them up. It becomes a forced on us and it becomes a burden, rather than fun, advanced tool in our arsenal.

Last edited:
I'm not even going to bother requesting it on their Facebook as they won't do it but ML would improve by a tonne if they patched out team spirit nonsense. I've had some decent games on ML but been playing some normal exhibition games recently and they are miles better.

I honestly don't think team spirit is a bad idea on paper, it's just woefully implemented and should be scrapped until they can do it properly.

Yeh im finding my teams TS going up slowly as the season progress, its now at 72. However we are sinking close to the bottom of the table!
Then there is the oppostion TS , we cant see it so hard to judge what is going on. All i can say is away games seem easier than home matches, teams close to you in the league table are harder to play against than teams at the top etc. So its a mixed bag of games. But its better than pes19 by far.

This is what I mean about the manual crossing being so satisfying, saw that replay angle and thought I had to record it :D

ezgif-2-05d125262aeb.gif

This is what I mean about the manual crossing being so satisfying, saw that replay angle and thought I had to record it :D

ezgif-2-05d125262aeb.gif

this is why im in love with this game!

Fifa cannot reproduce this! awesome!

the ball physics, that swerve, the players mouvement and reaction to the ball, the guy just running away knowing he just released a gem of a ball! great shot!

I took off all the shackles from my teams... my game is deep defensive line free now! :D took me a while but I think it’s worth it. Spotify and some nice 70s and 80s music helped a lot doing the same edit routine over and over again... ;)

I set my games to 20 min. now, same way I was playing 2019 and 2018. it unfolds so much better for me, I don’t feel the clock running and putting me under pressure like when it’s 15 or 10 min.! Maybe the game flows a little bit different the longer you play but I don’t wanna start placebo talk here.
Another bonus: when Drury says „over time of 3 min“ (for example), I can actually use that overtime. In 10 or 15 min games it’s so fast that i panic a little sometimes and can’t manage to create that final attack. Much better for me when there is actual over time that can be used. This is a huge immersion thing for me, but hey, I know I’m not the norm. :D

Over the last days I really upped my long/high cross game. I never had a PES game on PS4 that teached me so much new stuff or got me forget/forced me to let go of some of my habits/muscle memory. And as i play my long balls different now, they are more successful and I get to see a lot of awesome scenes on the pitch.
My dribbling got better over the last 4 weeks as well. I’m by far not perfect in it, but I’m more successful and I try a lot of different things.
I changed some of my PES playing style and it worked out well so far. It did good to me and good to the game. We both shine now! :D

I did exactly the same and it completely changes the game. I use Klashmans tactics and play 12 min halves on Professional. Its a phenomenal game now with teams playing to their actual strengths and player individuality shining through. I'm likely to move up to Top Player after the Oct 24th update but for now Pro is my level.

I will add that the player individuality/stats' effects are better now. And i actually have come to like the soundtrack quite a bit, just missing the Blondie song from 2018... And the menus! They are way better in my opinion. The main menu is made cleverly. I'm particularly greatful to not be fed myclub ads whenever the console is connected to internet, plus the loading is pretty fast. Strange that not many people praise the menus after so much displeasure in previous games.
All well said and i agree with you on everything including the menu. However, the reason why people arent praising them on the menu's is because it was and is a half arsed job. No gaming developer updates a main menu without updating the entire UI. Its a patch job and doesn't satisfy. Menus have not changed until everything changes. Every single menu including and especially Team Management.

One more thing I havent seen anyone mentioning is the transfer list in ML. If you look at the players put on transfer list, there are plenty of great players there, like Kane etc..big names. But when you start a negotiation it says that he's a valuable player, it will be tough like it usually says..so I think it's definitely a bug. Anyway it was something I noticed but I think they've just got there by mistake..
Yep, i find this ridiculous. I hope datapack 2 solves this. Teams are still selling off outstanding talent in the first window. Doesn't make sense.

Hello Team,
i just wanted to ask if its "worth it" to buy the game by now ?
I absolutely loved the demo, but got put off by the bad reviews once the 1.0 hit.
I played lots of PES 19 (i cant go back to fifa anymore lol) with incas gameplay mods and the PES Universe option files.
I only play master league. The most important thing to me is if the scripting is still as bad in that, and if the gameplay is nearly as good as the demo. I think i could get it for around 30€.
How are the option files ? i saw there is a sider variant now, which seems pretty good and easy to install.
Thanks in advance, Sorry if this is the wrong thread.
Digital version is on 33% sale now if you click directly from Konami website.

Is there a popcorn emoji here? This back and forth banter is fun stuff.

I'm loving the game. every single moment in my AC Milan ML is magic. Even though i already have 7 losses, 9 wins and 1 draw. Its pure magic.

All well said and i agree with you on everything including the menu. However, the reason why people arent praising them on the menu's is because it was and is a half arsed job. No gaming developer updates a main menu without updating the entire UI. Its a patch job and doesn't satisfy. Menus have not changed until everything changes. Every single menu including and especially Team Management.
I still like the little noises it makes :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom