eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Yeah definitely think on Superstar and Legend the issue is more prevalent because the AI have to make the game more difficult, enhance the stats of worse teams just so that its a challenge for the user.
I don't think it is as bad as previous versions imo.
The scripting is no where near as bad as 19 - at times i just put the controller down on 19 as i could see 3 moves before they scored that they were going to - not seen that once in this game - i would say on superstar the goalies are a bit too good but just got my first 1-1 draw so can be beaten.
I think the game is a very very polished/enhanced version of 2017 edition.
The individuality is great - the way players get tired and force a substitution is great.
On advanced shooting im seeing enough variety of goals and same with AI - not saying there couldnt be more
I'm getting fouls but only had one penalty on 1.03 that needs to be improved.

I don't get the FIFA comparison at all - fifa has been hopeless since 2016.

where is best place for option file , one that has bundesliga teams too.

pes universe i cant find an option for a free download? only silver and gold
One of the PES Universe guys said this in a post in the editing section.
Also you say that people have to pay to get the OF, and that is absolutely false. You can get our OF for totally FREE. If you want to pay us, you can, but I say again, you can download for free our OF from 3 different website: our main website, spanish website and a back up website if main website crash.
However, this seems like BS to me, as like you I couldn't find any free link whatsoever. Only silver and gold paywalls.

CYPES has an OF including the Bundesliga and is available for free;
https://www.custom-your-pes.com/en/

One of the PES Universe guys said this in a post in the editing section.
However, this seems like BS to me, as like you I couldn't find any free link whatsoever. Only silver and gold paywalls.

CYPES has an OF including the Bundesliga and is available for free;
https://www.custom-your-pes.com/en/

It's a right mess and look at their response to this question in the FAQ (Bronze is free BTW).

When will bronze membership be available?

Once we have updated the Gold and Silver hubs, we will release league by league. We massively appreciate members who support the site which is why members always get the earliest access.

You can also find this contradiction.

1571324301616.png
Unless they literally post a direct link to the option file. It feels like they are plain lying by saying it's free (as if you can get it, it's not easy to find, even on their own site).

There is no doubt that "scripting" is in play especially for ML, but the majority of the accusation of "scripting" is based on faulty observation of intended or buggy gameplay features misunderstood as "AI cheating."

The most common complaints I see tend to come from a lack of understanding of how "team spirit," "stamina," and "momentum" works in play. These are clearly stated gameplay features that impacts on the performance of your players during play, and they can be frustrating because the game does not do a good job in explaining nor visualize how they affect the game. However, they are consistent in behavior and they can be learned and manipulated to your advantage.

What Konami should do is maybe try to achieve more clarity in how these features are in play, but I do have to say that there are plenty of game behaviors that can be perceived as "scripting" because they are either badly designed or simply incomplete.

Yes, players not continuing the run is a major issue. Players' responsiveness to loose balls needed to be tweaked. Player movement during transition is terrible at the moment. Player collision and physicality can be ridiculously comical at times. These are evidence that the game is simply not finished nor tested thoroughly, but it is not "AI cheating."

In fact, aside from stat boost across the board on higher difficulties, it's hard to see any situation where the AI is clearly cheating.

There is no doubt that "scripting" is in play especially for ML, but the majority of the accusation of "scripting" is based on faulty observation of intended or buggy gameplay features misunderstood as "AI cheating."

The most common complaints I see tend to come from a lack of understanding of how "team spirit," "stamina," and "momentum" works in play. These are clearly stated gameplay features that impacts on the performance of your players during play, and they can be frustrating because the game does not do a good job in explaining nor visualize how they affect the game. However, they are consistent in behavior and they can be learned and manipulated to your advantage.

What Konami should do is maybe try to achieve more clarity in how these features are in play, but I do have to say that there are plenty of game behaviors that can be perceived as "scripting" because they are either badly designed or simply incomplete.

Yes, players not continuing the run is a major issue. Players' responsiveness to loose balls needed to be tweaked. Player movement during transition is terrible at the moment. Player collision and physicality can be ridiculously comical at times. These are evidence that the game is simply not finished nor tested thoroughly, but it is not "AI cheating."

In fact, aside from stat boost across the board on higher difficulties, it's hard to see any situation where the AI is clearly cheating.
TS seems to literally affect the stats of other players (absolutely OffensiveAwareness for strikers). Helping show TS more clearly could be as simply as when viewing player stats on the game-plan screen, show what their actual stat will be (due to TS) with a down arrow next to it. Job done.
I feel they should also do this for player motivation. It's not like it hurts at all to share this info with the player.

:NO::NO::NO::NO::NO:

BS. When my player is running towards a through ball from the COM and is guaranteed to intercept it, then the COM disables my inputs to stop my players run, so the COM CF can receive the ball and score, this is total cheating.
When my 88 rated strength DMF is constantly smashed to the ground by smaller weaker COM players, this is cheating, when I'm fouled in the penalty area, the foul is given, but 2 yards outside the box for a FK, that is cheating.
When Im suddenly unable to play a pass 5 yards, that is cheating I could go on ............

BS. When my player is running towards a through ball from the COM and is guaranteed to intercept it, then the COM disables my inputs to stop my players run, so the COM CF can receive the ball and score, this is total cheating.
When my 88 rated strength DMF is constantly smashed to the ground by smaller weaker COM players, this is cheating, when I'm fouled in the penalty area, the foul is given, but 2 yards outside the box for a FK, that is cheating.
When Im suddenly unable to play a pass 5 yards, that is cheating I could go on ............
Maybe this is mater league only as i havent seen any of that in various cup and league games i have played

The scripting is no where near as bad as 19 - at times i just put the controller down on 19 as i could see 3 moves before they scored that they were going to - not seen that once in this game - i would say on superstar the goalies are a bit too good but just got my first 1-1 draw so can be beaten.
I think the game is a very very polished/enhanced version of 2017 edition.
The individuality is great - the way players get tired and force a substitution is great.
On advanced shooting im seeing enough variety of goals and same with AI - not saying there couldnt be more
I'm getting fouls but only had one penalty on 1.03 that needs to be improved.

I don't get the FIFA comparison at all - fifa has been hopeless since 2016.

If you think the keepers are too good on SS then I suggest you stay well away from Legend.. ninja reactioned teleporting Spiderman- Superman hybrids galore :LOL:

I'm in orange, you can clearly see me pushing the LS to intercept the COM through ball, but 2 yards from the ball the game just disables my inputs, makes my player suddenly stop in his tracks, allowing the ball to pass through to the COm CF to score.

I wouldn't mind some balancing, it has to have balancing factors in order for there to be higher difficulty levels, but this is just pure outright blatant in your face cheating.

In fact, aside from stat boost across the board on higher difficulties, it's hard to see any situation where the AI is clearly cheating

I had few games lately with Chris and we were talking about how difficult and unresponsive is to dribble pass players and get into the box.
This, together with horrible lack of response when attempting to block shots from defending point of view makes me wonder - no surprise AI preferred method of scoring is turn+shoot. They simply go with the easiest path. When game was more free and responsive during demo and 1.0 - they dribbled more, coz it also was effective. Maybe AI is more clever than we think it is..?

It doesn't necessarily mean it's cheating (neither am I saying it isn't cheating). The first could well be linked to the bug where players don't respond to the ball.
The second isn't only decided by strength. Balance, tight possession, ball winning and strength all are taken into account here. Not to mention momentum and how off-balance your player is.
The third likely means first contact was outside the area (this is how real football decides the kick location), this one would be a dumb thing to code as a deliberate cheat.
The last, well you might need to elaborate on what you mean. But part of the reason I play PA0 is because I was fed up of passes going to the wrong place just because one player got 'caught' in the auto-target (lots of others reasons of course). The annoying auto-target on passes messing up direction has been in the game since it's birth.

PS. I'm not saying none of the things you are experiencing are due to the AI handicap/scripting (AI handicapping almost certainly happens to change player stats on both sides). It's just that a lot of things that have happened to you CAN be explained away by the game engine and it's many bugs.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's cheating (neither am I saying it isn't cheating). The first could well be linked to the bug where players don't respond to the ball.
The second isn't only decided by strength. Balance, tight possession, ball winning and strength all are taken into account here. Not to mention momentum and how off-balance your player is.
The third likely means first contact was outside the area (this is how real football decides the kick location), this one would be a dumb thing to code as a deliberate cheat.
The last, well you might need to elaborate on what you mean. But part of the reason I play PA0 is because I was fed up of passes going to the wrong place just because one player got 'caught' in the auto-target (lots of others reasons of course). The annoying auto-target on passes messing up direction has been in the game since it's birth.

PS. I'm not saying none of the things you are experiencing are due to the AI handicap/scripting (AI handicapping almost certainly happens to change player stats on both sides). It's just that a lot of things that have happened to you CAN be explained away by the game engine and it's many bugs.

I do love the way that you always have to have an answer for why things happen, in a condescending manor.

1. See my video above, there was no 'not responding' to the ball, i was clearly running towards it just fine, the COM made my player just stop suddenly, disabling the LS input, as soona s the ball carried on through to the CF, my player started running again. CHEATING.

2. if this is the case then how comes my strong DMF can just be shoved off the ball from a standing position, but smaller weaker COM wingers are able to run down the wing, singlehandedly shrugging off pressure from 2 or 3 of my players at once? this happens with regularity.

3. Contact was not made outside the area, I was a yard inside the area clearly, the COM defender ran in and barged me from the side, one point of contact, 1 yard inside the area, foul pulled back to 2 yards outside. CHEATING.

4. Elaborate? Ok. playing PA1 at key points in the game, usually when the COM is up to its tricks trying to manipulate scorelines, my passes, even simple 5 yard sideways passes are nerfed and the ball will go anywhere but where I aim it, or the COM player will make ridiculous interceptions, 30 seconds previous i was able to swiftly pass and move my way up the pitch with a combo of good first touches, finesse control, and sharp passing, but get into the final 3rd, want to lay a 3 yard pass off for a shot.... no chance!!!!

The game engine has many bugs yes, but it also employs a blatant un-ignorable level of scripted game manipulation that is quite frankly, disgusting. Only a blinkered ignorant fanboy cant see this.

I do love the way that you always have to have an answer for why things happen, in a condescending manor.

1. See my video above, there was no 'not responding' to the ball, i was clearly running towards it just fine, the COM made my player just stop suddenly, disabling the LS input, as soona s the ball carried on through to the CF, my player started running again. CHEATING.

2. if this is the case then how comes my strong DMF can just be shoved off the ball from a standing position, but smaller weaker COM wingers are able to run down the wing, singlehandedly shrugging off pressure from 2 or 3 of my players at once? this happens with regularity.

3. Contact was not made outside the area, I was a yard inside the area clearly, the COM defender ran in and barged me from the side, one point of contact, 1 yard inside the area, foul pulled back to 2 yards outside. CHEATING.

4. Elaborate? Ok. playing PA1 at key points in the game, usually when the COM is up to its tricks trying to manipulate scorelines, my passes, even simple 5 yard sideways passes are nerfed and the ball will go anywhere but where I aim it, or the COM player will make ridiculous interceptions, 30 seconds previous i was able to swiftly pass and move my way up the pitch with a combo of good first touches, finesse control, and sharp passing, but get into the final 3rd, want to lay a 3 yard pass off for a shot.... no chance!!!!

The game engine has many bugs yes, but it also employs a blatant un-ignorable level of scripted game manipulation that is quite frankly, disgusting. Only a blinkered ignorant fanboy cant see this.
Calm down and re-read my whole post. I twice, literally, said I wasn't saying this definitely wasn't 'scripting'. I was pointing out (after you decided to accuse someone else of talking BS) that it is just as possible for some (if not all) of your points to be caused by literal bugs with the game. Not every post is a challenge to you...

positrev its obvious you are now putting disclaimers in your posts to avoid punishment but still posting the same way that got you in trouble with mods few days ago.

"let me just say i am not saying you are lying BUT are you playing the right way because i have never seen this myself"

not every post is a challenge to you to defend brother

positrev its obvious you are now putting disclaimers in your posts to avoid punishment but still posting the same way that got you in trouble with mods few days ago.

"let me just say i am not saying you are lying BUT are you playing the right way because i have never seen this myself"

not every post is a challenge to you to defend brother
Try reading the actual content of the posts and the points of discussion rather than trying to continue some petty, personal agenda that has nothing to do with discussing the game.

I "disabled" the pressing button (by assigning it to a different button) and defending is much more entertaining now on superstar. Previously it was way too easy to disposess the AI strikers by just holding X, for my liking.

The CPU is still very forgiving (nowadays labeled as "human"), but at least you have to open your eyes now and conceed more often.

As long as there are game modes and people like this, football games will always remain low-effort cash grabs

Spent like £80 on coins just for a chance to get Beckham and Park Ji Sung...

With a week to go till 1.4 hits the consoles, I reverted it all back to vanilla. Rangers ML it is again and the first match shows (to me): I like vanilla the most. Gosh. What a good game.

The freedom and randomness is really king and fouls are there. I’m in between SS and TP, but I enjoy this so much more than 1.2 or 1.3!

The “human factor” for AI is more pronounced as well. And im I love with that. That is one major part for me!
The AI isn’t that super spontaneous when it’s about loose balls. You have a chance. Same as they have a chance. Loose ball battles seem more free. More fair.
And I appreciate that big time.

While I’m playing I could name so many things that are better. It’s crazy. Just a few things are worse. Not many.

The response times are much better. And this is the first time, I’m taking this into consideration... there must be something down to response times. Wish I could get my thoughts out much clearer... ich wünschte ich könnte genauer ausrücken was ich meine. ;)
Edit: Opponent players are not super quick in getting balls back. They behave and walk and run more natural.
The “force field” is not that pronounced. You are not “sticking” to the opponent a lot of times. It’s more free, weighty and challenging, imo.

I’m repeating myself, I know, but what can you do (?!): when you feel joy and want to share. :D

Last edited:
WHo messed up the forum? Now one page reads like a book and I get tired after one page.

Also the avatars are massive!

I mean this page alone.

Rojofa punches PRO-TOO for being so happy. Mikhail and Negatrev have no clue what's going and then Pierluiigi Collina comes in from nowhere and blows his whistle to stop separate the two fighters.

Yep. That's what I see when I scrolled through this page.

I would argue that 90% of that isn't the game purposefully cheating you (because it happens to the AI too, if you look for it - especially the "stops running mid-run and doesn't reach the intended pass" bit).
Nope, that's intended. When it happens to the AI, it simply means that the game is favoring you in this moment.

If you want, you know...

His views are so freaking true. I've experienced every single one of his points multiple times and sometimes oi get so angry at the scripting. I annoyingly drop the difficulty from Top Player to beginner and destroy the scripted matches 11 nil or something like that. I hate myself when i do it. I feel bad afterward but Fuck it.

The stupidity of scripting Master league matches especially against weaker teams is it always has the opposite effect. Offline, it doesn't make you "spend" real money, it just dissuades you from playing more of the game. Losing matches in a game is in itself fun but only when you know you were played off the park or you made a stupid error.

I started my ML with Milan. All i wanted was to qualify for Europe, 6th place basically. i've lost 6 matches all which i deserved to lose. I changed my tactics and played to my player strengths. I did everything to build team chemistry and then when i find a rhythm , the AI starts to actually CHEAT me. why?

Not with 4 games to go, im 2nd, 10 points behind Juve and 2 ahead of Inter. I shouldn't be second but i couldn't take being CHEATED by the AI so i cheated the game. Its bad, the scripting shouldn't exist offline. It only causes you to become frustrated and bored with the game. It's not fun and if i spend my money on a game, i deserve to have fun. Did i just spend my work to buy a handicap?

It's not fun when you're CHEATED by the AI. and errors are CREATED for you. Its not fun when you get hacked and i mean hacked over and over by the Ai and not a single foul is given (home or away) but if you so much as "CLEAN TACKLE: the AI, you get fouls called against you and booked.

Back
Top Bottom